• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Game Over - Daytime Programing wins!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
As people went to Vinyl, knowing he would die, they stared into his eyes, until.

*Bump, Bump*

Vinyls eyes lost color and he started walking away, before anyone could stop him, he was gone, where did he go? Will he come back? Is he alive?

Vinyl (????/????) has gone missing.

It is night 1, send me your night actions by December 16th 11:59 CST.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Soon after a long night people saw the dead body, with roses around the innocent who cared for his mother and friends.

He was lost to the ones from the night.

Inglorious *******, (Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, Toonami Vanilla) has beed night killed.

It is now Day 2, Deadline is set to December 26th 11:59PM CST, extended slightly due to the Holidays.

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm stumped. It seems like he got kidnapped by an abductor, or is some kind of weird day-commuter. But it seems that it was triggered by the lynch, or perhaps just his death, in general. We weren't told specifically that he died, so he must still be alive.

Whatever the deal is, it must be related to his role. I dunno when he'll come back, but the fact that he's not dead definitely tells me he's coming back.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I honestly just think it's a Janitor. This lynch seems like a perfect time to use a Janitor role, as we were kind of counting on his flip to make connections. Pretty difficult to do that when we don't have his role or ability lol.

:s.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Maybe I'm just reading too far into the flavor of both how Vinyl died, and how a Janitor is supposed to be cleaning up a dead body.

But according to the lynch post, we didn't lynch him.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
An abductor doesn't make sense with the flip, and I agree with Jeoy that it's like very likely a janitor role. I see no reason for an Indy to put himself out there or use his ability on someone who was lynched.

Does anyone think Vinyl. was Scum? Town? This is an important issue because the anonymous flip had a reason. I'm leaning on scum based on everything that has gone down during the night phase, including IR getting the bullet.

#HBC | ѕoup

PJB, I'm pretty sure Vinyl. is dead. RR hasn't updated his OP but I would also think it would say "Vinyl. has left the game etc." if he was abducted. Why did you think it was an abduction in the first place?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys! I'll get to reading up after Wednesday (busy with irl stuff atm).

Because I was a replacement I started reading along for a bit, until the Soup/Gheb discussion where I was just like "eh this **** is boring".

I remember liking Soup and Kevin maybe? I actually thought BSP read genuine in his responses to Gheb, but I never read much of what Gheb was trying to pin him with in the first place. I thought BW was very quick to town read Swiss/my slot and that bugged me because I certainly didn't have a clear read at that stage, but I saw the modkill and I guess I can read with that in mine. Also, I thought WATT was hilarious but I can't remember if I had a read on them or not.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
First things first I'm interested in what people's theories are on the Vinyl situation.
I'm gonna assume a Janitor. The fact that it says "went missing" throws me for a slight loop though.
Also, I thought WATT was hilarious but I can't remember if I had a read on them or not.
Why Thank ye mate!
I'll be at the pub wit me other half to discuss things.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
PJB, I'm pretty sure Vinyl. is dead. RR hasn't updated his OP but I would also think it would say "Vinyl. has left the game etc." if he was abducted. Why did you think it was an abduction in the first place?
I didn't mean that there was an actual abductor, since abductors can't take people during the day/twilight, especially if they were already lynched.

I just meant that it seemed similar to an abduction, in that he apoears to have left the game still alive. The thread title during the night even said something like "where did Vinyl go?" Doesn't seem like he died to me.

His alignment, to me, depends on whether he is alive or not. If he's dead, he's probably scum. If he's alive, he's pretty much gotta be town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
let's not setup spec too much.

I believe vinyl was likely town, and that scum are responsible for covering up his flip. i'll work the rest out later.

we have to scumhunt today, and I don't think there even were that strong a connections to be had from Vinyl's slot anyways.

so i'm going to work on the assumption that WATT is town for the time being.

Vote: PrivateJoker-Brown

you smell like scum

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
lol kevin. i'm trying to close down what i see as a more or lesss fruitless discussion about the flip

and hell let pjb respond to the unsubstantiated vote so i can see their reaction already

and let me be lazy

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
The way Vinyl suddenly shifts timbre and walks away in the day's end flavour suggests he was compelled to leave; I think it's an abductor. Janitors are typically night roles, and janned flips still say the player has died. That there's even a question about Vinyl's status suggests he's alive; Janitors are made purely to obscure flips, not to make players question the nature of the game's mechanics. "Gone missing" is an abductor beat.

I think Vinyl is mafia given the read, but I don't think his flip disappearing suggests his alignment. It's probably an abductor who just needs to hit his wincon by taking players. An abductor modded to steal lynches will play a large part in the setup's balancing, so hopefully we'll see that reflected in Night kill flips which we do seem to be getting.

The mechanical specifics are not a point we need to be stuck on right now. Whoever caused this to happen to Vinyl, they'll have been informed of his role and faction, and that will reflect in their play. Jans and abdos both get that information on their targets.

Vote: BSP
BSP is scum (probs mafia) and you guys should vote for him. I have a final tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow with an iso. Very sure this guy is scum. Feel it, feel it. Smell it (hi Pajamas).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'll be interested to read this ISO, cuz I'm not really seeing BSPmafia. I might be willing to buy BSPindy though, since he could easily play what I view as protown in that case, and an invincible townie does seem kind of odd. Not gonna lynch him based on "a fishy claim" though. Still think he could be town, but I'm warming to the idea that he may need to go eventually.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
lol kevin. i'm trying to close down what i see as a more or lesss fruitless discussion about the flip

and hell let pjb respond to the unsubstantiated vote so i can see their reaction already

and let me be lazy
You're trying to end useless set-up discussion by putting out a theory with multiple assumptions that would allow players to continue discussion on it?

Hmmmm

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

I didn't mean that there was an actual abductor, since abductors can't take people during the day/twilight, especially if they were already lynched.

I just meant that it seemed similar to an abduction, in that he apoears to have left the game still alive. The thread title during the night even said something like "where did Vinyl go?" Doesn't seem like he died to me.

His alignment, to me, depends on whether he is alive or not. If he's dead, he's probably scum. If he's alive, he's pretty much gotta be town.
I don't understand how you're putting off the fact you're open to the idea of him being alive, but really it's not very important. Who are you leaning today based on either? I don't want you going 'well if Vinyl. is alive...' because it really detracts from the point of this. Answer assuming he's dead.

#HBC | ѕoup

I feel the same question is relevant to you also Nabe, seeing how you're voting BSP. Is it because of Vinyl. or just previous reasons from yesterday? You did vote Vinyl. eventually and give up on pushing BPS.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vinyl.'s flip is much as a relevant topic as scumhunting because his flip is detrimental to how we pursue this day. Scum is very aware of this and wanted to come into a day without information flowing. For that reason, I would like people to elaborate on what they think Vinyl.'s alignment is, or what happened to him. We have certain players stating an abduction, and other players claiming a janitor.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think that the flip on Vinyl. and the kill on IR are pretty telling to me. IR must have done something worth being a kill and Vinyl. had a reason to be janitored OR abducted. Frankly, anyone claiming an abduction has completely lost me, considering I don't see a reason for an indy to put himself out there as stated before. Nabe's statement about "Indy factional bull****" is really bothersome. A win condition like that doesn't seem relevant nor inherently balanced.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You're trying to end useless set-up discussion by putting out a theory with multiple assumptions that would allow players to continue discussion on it?

Hmmmm
i'm giving my 2c and saying the whole thing's more or less a waste of time. it was that or try and shut down the discussion entirely but i don't have have the means (i.e. thread power) to do that.

Vinyl.'s flip is much as a relevant topic as scumhunting because his flip is detrimental to how we pursue this day. Scum is very aware of this and wanted to come into a day without information flowing. For that reason, I would like people to elaborate on what they think Vinyl.'s alignment is, or what happened to him. We have certain players stating an abduction, and other players claiming a janitor.
vinyl's lack of flip tells us nothing. ignore it and move on, right now it's WIFOM all the way to the bank.

what do you think of peejaybee?

#HBC | ѕoup

It tells us nothing? You mean an agreed wagon and everyone piling on Vinyl. due to BW's modkill means nothing? How are you looking at this day and wanting PJB like you do? You've hinted a bit of a 'reaction' per se but I don't get how you're ignoring it and calling it WIFOM, when it's clearly not just that.

He's null.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I didn't really lynch Vinyl because I thought he'd give us great connections for toDay. I lynched him because I thought he was individually a scummy slot, and had ignored BW for the entire day. Based on Vinyl's flip, I wouldn't have gotten anything for toDay. I wouldn't have looked at his wagon until much later on. He may be town for all we know, but he was a pretty terrible slot anyway, and I wouldn't want him making decisions in lylo anyway.

IR's flip is interesting though. He posted a big *** list of reads and connections, which was probably the most protown thing any had done all day. That alone may be why he was killed, but that's not really what intrigues me.

He said he was gonna grill Kary toDay, but lo and behold, he didn't make it. I could totally see Kary killing gheb so he wouldn't have to deal with him, and no scumbuddies that may/may not be alive would have argued with him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
pure speculation on what happened to vinyl tells us nothing. trying to interpret why it happened or what it means is essentially WIFOM. or so i believe

talking about the waggon is compeltely different and not a waste of time. but I don't have much to say about that that i didn't say yesterDay (idk where it came from, it seemed real quick).

how am i looking at D2 and wanting PJB? I'm not. i'm suspicious of him from yesterDay.

all clear?

#HBC | ѕoup

pure speculation on what happened to vinyl tells us nothing. trying to interpret why it happened or what it means is essentially WIFOM. or so i believe

talking about the waggon is compeltely different and not a waste of time. but I don't have much to say about that that i didn't say yesterDay (idk where it came from, it seemed real quick).

how am i looking at D2 and wanting PJB? I'm not. i'm suspicious of him from yesterDay.

all clear?
Sure. I still think the intention is relevant, not what specifically happened to him. I wasn't trying to go into speculation of that, rather of why it happened. You think Vinyl. was town, why is this?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
The way Vinyl suddenly shifts timbre and walks away in the day's end flavour suggests he was compelled to leave; I think it's an abductor. Janitors are typically night roles, and janned flips still say the player has died. That there's even a question about Vinyl's status suggests he's alive; Janitors are made purely to obscure flips, not to make players question the nature of the game's mechanics. "Gone missing" is an abductor beat.

I think Vinyl is mafia given the read, but I don't think his flip disappearing suggests his alignment. It's probably an abductor who just needs to hit his wincon by taking players. An abductor modded to steal lynches will play a large part in the setup's balancing, so hopefully we'll see that reflected in Night kill flips which we do seem to be getting.

The mechanical specifics are not a point we need to be stuck on right now. Whoever caused this to happen to Vinyl, they'll have been informed of his role and faction, and that will reflect in their play. Jans and abdos both get that information on their targets.
Wow, that was all a pretty specific bit of setup speculation. Do you know something you aren't telling us? You're using words like "will" instead of "would" when talking about the game's balance.

let's not setup spec too much.

I believe vinyl was likely town, and that scum are responsible for covering up his flip. i'll work the rest out later.

we have to scumhunt today, and I don't think there even were that strong a connections to be had from Vinyl's slot anyways.

so i'm going to work on the assumption that WATT is town for the time being.

Vote: PrivateJoker-Brown

you smell like scum
@Kary: Why do you have Vinyl as town? What did he do to earn your trust.
What sold you on WATT town when you were so gung-ho earlier, was your push not legitimate?

I'm up for Kary/Nabe leaving our ranks today. Either one seems like they'd have a good chance of giving us our Indy/Mafia PR. I'll talk to my other head, but I'm having serious trouble seeing Kary as any sort of Town role.

Vote: Kary

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Okay guys!

Since I figured that this would be the best time to use it because of us losing information due to Vinyl's lack of flip, vote for TWO people to lynch. Regular vote and hero vote.

I am the town hero. I am using my ability during this twilight. I'm saying this because, if I read it correctly, the day phase my ability creates is only 24 hours long! Therefore, without proper planning, it would probably go to waste. Not claiming role or how I use the ability until after I actually use it.

In other news, I haven't caught up yet, and I'm so tired lol. I'll catch up and stuff tomorrow probably.

Top Bottom