• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Game Over - Daytime Programing wins!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think you are top notch when you can keep up, but I understand.

Talk to me if you wanna hydra sometime. :D

Shoutouts to players later.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Getting vigged when I was two for two on scum lynches (one of which I hammered and the other I was a major proponent of) makes me mega sad =(

gg though guys, way to finish strong town!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brofists for all!

@FF: sorry bro, that's the legacy Kevin left you.

@RR: Y u 4 man mafia with no traitors and an inifite-timeframe Janitor (w/e we killed them all anyways)

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
BW refused to work with me
A couple of things that I'd like to talk about:

1) BW Bussing

It wasn't intentional nor did I try to bus him. He fought me with everything and the QT isn't pretty. He had a very negligent attitude and I did not want to bus him that day. Refusing to simply answer me forced me into it and he eventually got himself killed.
At the same time, while his refusal to help your team was a problem, you and Xonar constantly harassing him in the QT was not helping.
Yeah I was salty and I was being a *****. I just got pissed with everyone telling me that I needed to be better and Soup and I were going at it in the QT and in the thread. I don't remember what was happening that day/week but I can't believe that it would be good. Sorry to everyone for pitching a pissy fit in thread and posting my role.

Soup was doing fine for the most part. Don['t feel too bad Soup, the team (namely BW and myself) screwed up mostly.
I can agree to this.

Well...Badwolf got mad and modkilled himself, guessing off tension from his team though mostly his fault and what happened in game.
Yeah... I'm a stubborn ******* but whatever.... After becoming unsalty I was hoping that the fighting amoungst the scum team would at least give out some semblance of them not being together... Unfortunately it didn't work out that way but w/e.

:applejack:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Shout outs!
1. BSP/Rake-Solid play, as me and JD were unsure on the slot for a while. Then you got hit with the watch, and that sucks as you were untargetable and all.
2. Soup-Legitimately thought you town till the beginning of the final day, when I reread. Mostly on the badwolf bus. Good play, but connections brought you down.
3. Vinyl.-doc misquicklynch D1. :c my bad.
4. Krystedez Kary-Sorry for misreading you early. After the nabe lynch we managed to get the right read on you, and we helped close the game out together.
5. BadWolf-Obv scum from our pov. Wasn't trying to be an *** to you or anything, so sorry if it seemed that way.
6. KevinM/FF-Vig shot man. Sorry bout tat, but you were our indy pick.(then a NK happened and I felt bad.)
7. (Orboknown/JDietz hydra) Obv town 10/10 would hydra again.
8. (Acrostic/Ganymede hydra) PJB- Assert yourself more man. I was so unsure on you the whole time because after badwolf you didn't really push anything as hard.
9. Rajam-wish you could have played more. Curious, who did you track N3?
10. Inglorious ******* (Gheb_01/JTB hydra)-Obv town. Was considering doc'ing you N1 actually. Not that it would have helped because of the switch but :shrug: You got BSP pinned though.
11. Vanderzant-Strong town play. Helped us rock the scum team. GG.
12. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry)/Nabe-Bad spot of luck. Wolverine vig claim almost got you out of it with soups help.
13. Inferno3044-Sorry for misreading you.
14. Jeoy/Clown-So town it hurt. Glad we watched you N2.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Well done Dietzbo. Followed this skimming, job well done, especially last phase.

Soup... Bro. I see you do this in far too many games. You really need to stop flipping your **** like that dude. It's downright painful to watch.

:phone:
He wasn't alone lol. I spent a lot of time working things out away form a comp.

This game was good teamwork on the town's part: Kevin & I spotted BSPscum on his first post, I called out soup's case on BW as bull, WATT did the rest to get BW "lynched" and with vand's help he got Nabe. And with Kary's help he did the rest to get soup lynched. So pretty solid play by Kevin [while he played], WATT, vand, Kary and myself. We all contributed about the same to the town's win so no one deserves the MvP award over the other.

Also, scum was free this time around real talk. We only had one mislynch and that was mainly due to lack of time to dig into connections.

I don't really think 10 vs 4 is balanced at all though. Two mislynches can put town at mylo - had town not been kickass this game then scum would've prolly had an easy time. It deffo favors scum imo.

:059:
Pretty much this.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
double quick rundown and shoutouts

Day1 I played pretty lax this game. took me a while to catchup, and wasn't interested in pushing bw/bsp on pretty slim logic; with two competing waggons, it was most likely they were both town. the reason i wasn't worried about letting scummers 'get away' is because pressure like that doesn't tend to go away, and the evidence is all there for you to look back if you need to. i much prefer to read how people react to things going forward than re-reading, anyways. In the end D1 solved itself, though that vinyl QL was daft in that I just don't think he was a good pick.

Day2/3 I don't even remember much. Nabe's claim/play was fi****imes and Rake was evidently scum from how the claims laid out.

Day4 I was mad paranoid about an indy and still had soup/vanz as provisional town. once i settled down and ran the numbers, i began to trust watt a lot more, and from there (and inferno not flailing at all) things pointed towards soup, whose defence of nabe was pretty damning

all in all a game i enjoyed, despite its hiccups

shoutouts;

brofist @town. I feel like a lot of people played really solid this game which was nice to be part of. Some people I want to clip round the ear and shout things like 'post more!' 'post less!' 'stop being scummy!' but hell we pull through.

was going to do shoutouts for everyone but i just get preachy. i can do one for ya if you want one.

also vanz D4. trust vanz; forget problems

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
G-snatching Orbo's shoutout layout because Lolhydra

1. BSP/Rake-You did well. I know I was giving Rake the benefit of the doubt right up until the guilty, even after BSP got put in the spotlight early.
2. Soup-You stopped being a solid-town read after the Rake and Nabe interactions, though I seriously still would have taken you to the next day (lylo) had it not been for Orbo thinking about the possibility of a traitor. Turns out scum was just stacked and there was no traitor: but so be it. Your fate was sealed after you freaked out.
3. Vinyl.-No regrets, that lynch chance was a limited time offer that had to be taken, and you had all the BW ignoring. Friends don't let friends role scum, gotta look at em all man.
4. Krystedez Kary-I hated your early passive play, but I was much eased by your play afterwards which seemed much more reasonable "TownKary". I'm glad you came around on SoupScum to close out the game.
5. BadWolf-Just... really bad man. Not only were you easily caught scum but now I have to think about blacklist type stuff for posting your role, uncool. Don't do that again.
6. KevinM/FF-Sorry FF, your vig was a product of Kevin's play and your willingness to lynch on your first real post. You were doing fine: but history can't be changed on a replacement slot (and boy were there ever a lot of them).
7. (Orboknown/JDietz hydra): Best hydra evar
8. (Acrostic/Ganymede hydra) PJB- I agree with Orbo, I liked that you were voicing yourself this game. The read on you got very uneasy after you stopped speaking your mind yourself and instead were content to point to others' contributions and echo them though, I kept ping-ponging between giving you the reasonable benefit of the doubt and distrusting you for starting to coast.
9. Rajam-Be active next time ok? In a way I'm glad there wasn't yet another replacement, but we really could have used an active Tracker instead of an inactive one.
10. Inglorious ******* (Gheb_01/JTB hydra)-100% great except for when you threw that hissy fit about us all being tools for being on BW... l2p n00b |0|. If you hadn't done that I would have agreed with Orbo on Doc'ing you instead of Joey (but as we later found out it wouldn't have mattered)
11. Vanderzant-I was very very glad to have you around and Town. Except for that one moment where you were sure we were the play and were freaking out over Nabe's random action it helped a ton to have your opinion in thread and making sense to lend credence to our own opinions when they lined up.
12. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry)/Nabe-MiR you did great, I had you as town (and even when you suddenly switched to BW it was only a blip on that read). Nabe though: I'm gonna be brutally honest and say you played awful. Your fake-claim was perfectly crafted for shaking things up, but there's no way I believed it based on how you actually played it. Just: actually play next time, that's all I can say.
13. Inferno3044-Don't hydra with J, it only brings Dietz scumreads :p
14. Jeoy/Clown-GG best obvtown. Sad to have had to lose you, but that's the way the mafia game crumbles.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
10. Inglorious ******* (Gheb_01/JTB hydra)-100% great except for when you threw that hissy fit about us all being tools for being on BW
Sorry about that. I looked at the BW issue too much from soup's angle so I naturally thought the whole case was crap. Had I looked at your side of the case more I might've seen it but I guess I was focused on BSP too much already.

:059:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Hey guys, sorry for not being around the last couple days. I have no internet at my house and this is the first chance I've had to get on.

But I see we've won! GGs Town, we kicked butt.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my play this game. I agree that my play got weaker as the game went on, but as I said before, it got a little harder for me to be loud and opinionated looking when other people were already agreeing with my opinions. I'll just have to figure out how to keep busy when the game is already moving in a direction I like.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OS says I have a simular style to you, I think.

Rather, I don't become a target to be lynched, but I don't end up on the other end of scums shots. But I am good at still contributing good ideas or even ones better than some of the power players at times.

Keep being proactive while keeping a more laidback style, town or scum it is a very effective style. Just don't end up as the Grey, aka liability lynches at end game.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
To be fair Gheb, you were on scum.

@JDietz - I actually thought you were scum or your case on me was balls awful and honestly I didn't put a lot into this game effort wise and I apologize. I had a lot of things happen during this game (holidays, Apex, personal things, etc.) but I was active enough to post occasionally so I didn't replace out. I probably am gonna take a hiatus from mafia. I haven't been feeling it and there are other things that I would rather focus my mind on like getting a job. I wanna hydra with J again but actually be legit. The main reason we decided to hydra was because we were scum in FF8 together. Even then we barely talked about ****. We just played League.

@J - Nami isn't good. I've played with enough Nami's to be underwhelmed by her. She doesn't have the poke that other pokey supports have (Sona, Lulu, Zyra, etc.).

P.S. - Buy Zyra. She's still a good support.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Eeeh i don't wanna buy her though. I have enough mid/support champs. Nami is good if the person knows how to work with her.

Glad I was right on Soup but I seriously suck at reading newbies. @_@

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Lol its cool man. If you want to try an unused support, try Cho'Gath. I was talking with my friend and he was saying that aqua prison is just a weaker form of rupture (which is true). I put the counterargument of "do you really want cho as support" and then I actually gave it some thought. He has a knockup/slow, a silence, and he's fat as ****. Cho is so broken. Yeah he's better in other roles, but if your top player isn't going cho why can't you? That's my jungle shen logic. Might not be their primary role, but they are broken champions.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Lol its cool man. If you want to try an unused support, try Cho'Gath. I was talking with my friend and he was saying that aqua prison is just a weaker form of rupture (which is true). I put the counterargument of "do you really want cho as support" and then I actually gave it some thought. He has a knockup/slow, a silence, and he's fat as ****. Cho is so broken. Yeah he's better in other roles, but if your top player isn't going cho why can't you? That's my jungle shen logic. Might not be their primary role, but they are broken champions.

Cho plays every lane.

Every.
Single.
Lane.

Also Thresh. He is a fun support and building AP, with his passive is pretty funny.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
^ I at least name searched myself and skimmed the entire thing.

I find it hilarious how much of Day 2 was you guys/me/Kary all at each other's throats (except for Kary who I was chainsawing for at various parts). Kinda like this

But by Day 4 we were all super town bros and more like

Orboknown

Smash Hero
^ I at least name searched myself and skimmed the entire thing.

I find it hilarious how much of Day 2 was you guys/me/Kary all at each other's throats (except for Kary who I was chainsawing for at various parts). Kinda like this

But by Day 4 we were all super town bros and more like

Man D2 was such a mess. If one of us had been lynched, game might have turned out a lot differently. Then we all settled down and continued to rip scum a new one. :D :bee:
just namesearched myself in WATT's QT. good for a couple of laughs :D

telling BSP/BW to claim was a great idea btw :p :D
In retrospect, yea it was. Helped us out on D3 quite a lot.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm really sorry I had to replace out and that I didn't really claim very well, but that's how it happens I guess. It was a great game regardless c:.

Top Bottom