• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Funnest Smashers to Play Against.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Shamelessly stolen from the SSB64 boards, but yeah, I thought it was a good / interesting thread. I'm honestly not sure if this thread is even allowed, because I guess it's a thread about specific players but it's worth a shot.

The ssb64 thread just listed players, but I felt like leaving some jumbled / unorganized comments. So yeah, who do you really enjoy playing against?

My top 10

1. Silent Spectre (Falcon) - It's like playing in a combo video. He does the weirdest / most awkward things, very unpredictable / entertaining, could play him for hours on end.

2. Mango (Falco, Fox specifically) - Out of all the smashers, playing him teaches you the most. Playing him will rid you of most obviously bad habits, very humbling experience, very tiring though.

3. Lucky (Fox) - Conditioned me to constantly focus / control space. Combos everywhere, quick exchanges, very fun to play against.

4. M2K (Sheik > Marth) - Like the hardest Megaman boss you could think of, except he learns you. He leaves very little room for error, especially against Fox / Falco. He makes every other person feel real easy (or at least less gay LOL). Playing him can be the most frustrating thing in Melee, but if you accept it as a learning experience, it's not that bad / very informative.

5. Armada (Peach) - Very intuitive player imo. He has a very solid setup obviously, but outside that, I feel like he is very openminded / liberal about his move choices. Very hard to get in, doesn't blatantly play gay for no reason, does ******** edgeguards. 10/10 LOL.

6. Chillin (Fox) - Out of all the people I played at Apex, I think I had the most fun against this guy. His old school style was really refreshing. I felt like I was actually playing against a person, not a wall of tech, not to mention we ***** the **** out of each other. Very fast paced player. Super fun.

7. HugS (Samus) - It's like you're playing Brawl, but he's playing Melee LOL. But yeah, very unique experience. With the right mindset, you can learn a lot.

8. Jman (Fox) - Like Chillin, I feel like I was actually playing the person behind the characer. Unlike other players who camp -> long auto combo, Jman trades hits, so faster exchanges / more emphasis on shield game / etc. Very standard / efficient, in the best way possible.

9. Chops (Falco) - One of the few people who makes me feel like I'm constantly defending, like I'm just being assaulted for minutes on end LOL. Helped my defensive game alot, wish there were more aggressive players like him.

10. Cactuar (Fox) - Taught me that wavedash back -> usmash is very, very versatile and hard to get around LOL.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol the only thing u learn in that match is how fast you can lose a stock

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
There should be a list of the most boring players to play against.

I bet the results would be mad funny. :)

I'd put Hungrybox in my top 10 favorites. Not getting **** comboed is so ****. <3

Lovage

Smash Hero
1. zoo - it's hard for me to think of why, but i always have an absolute blast playing him, i feel like our styles mesh well against each other to make a really entertaining speed of games where we both exploit a lot of technical options you don't see much

2. hugs - makes you think about the game at a different level and pace, has a good attitude

3. mango - the most innovative person i've ever played, always learn a lot playing him for even a few matches

4. jman - my fox inspiration, simplicity + execution, a drastically different approach to fox dittos compared to how me and joe play

5. fly amanita - fun just because his style makes sense to me, but he still surprises me every few months

6. sw - he moves really well and has smart tactics, also a g

7. eggm - just a cool guy LOL eggm *****, very good and consistent fox, fun to play

8. shiz - only played him once but i could learn a lot about positioning in that matchup by playing him

9. johnny - poop king

10. SS - pretty movement

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
0. Norwalk

1. M2k - ****** him is funny

2. Hugs - ****** him is funny

3. Larry - ****** him is funny

4. Hbox - ****** him is funny

5. Lovage - ****** him is funny

6. Johnny - ****** him is funny

7. Dunk - ****** him is funny

8. Zoo - Always funny

9. Shiz - Makes funny noises

10. pp. SUPER FUNNY ******

- ;)

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i dont have any order, nor a complete list. some up and coming players

tag-i love the way you play. the way you punish shielding is sexy. you have lots of potential and i believe you can become a top player.

nando-you have a very clean, aggressive falcon. its very terrifying if you let it in. blend in more bait and punish tactics and you will sky rocket.

cactus' tryhard-*drools*

normal cactus-you have a very fast fox. imo you have more effective techskill than most top foxes.

more later

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Sucks that it's only 10.

1. The King-I started out being alot better than him. Slowly but surely he became alot better than me and has a great attitude toward the game. He punished mistakes and has the best reading ability out of any player I know. When I need a good humbling I can always go to one of Dan's un attractive alts. His alts can beat me purely based on him outplaying me hit for hit. Dan is always professional.
2. Lucien-Lucien..lucien..this guy re-taught me how to play smash. He irons out sooo many bad habits I have. Lucien will never let you get away with rolling, side stepping or random smashes. He's an inspiration, he sets his goals and accomplishes them
3.Phil-Phil is classiest person I know.Always accepting of a loss with the same grace as his victories. Phil was the one who kept faith in me during even lowest points of my smash career. Seeing how good phil got after my 2 year break from smash made me want to start playing again. Phil has amazing shine spikes too.
4. Hostility (Derek)-Derek, oh derek. Dereks the reason I am not afraid of falco. Derek takes advice extremely well and he went from shield pressuring the air to shield stabbing me with amazing pressure. Derek is a very smart player and adapts so well but is very hard on himself.
5.Roor (Tommy)-Tommy is so funny, i always have fun playing with him. he keeps things friendly and he has the best stomps with falcon.
6.Hella Nick-Nick tries hard every game and has the heart of the lion.
7. The Germ-Germ has been the person ive played most in my smash career, he doesnt whine and has a great funny personality. He's one of the most creative players I know and still makes me look like a fool playing smash because he knows me so well.
8.Axe- Only played him once for 2 hours or so but, he has an amazing attitude and is very humble. I have a soft spot for pikachu mains and I am mezmerized by his pika while i play it It's like watching a combo vid.
9.Zoap-Big peter. I love peters old school style and he teaches me to punish rolls and sidesteps peter has alot of hidden potential that he has yet to open up
10.m2k- Jason is a really funny guy. He teaches you alot of secrets and tricks that are really useful. despite his stubbornness he does take every match as a learning process and is a beast at practicing. He has taught me so much about the game and how to look at it. Playing Jason has improved my skill level by a sig amount vs fox shiek falco etc.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
These were my favs from back in the day that I enjoyed playing the most:

Isai
Darkrain
Dope
Mathos
KishSquared

Teams
vs. Ken/Isai
vs. Azen/Chillin
vs. PC Chris/King
vs. Drephen/Joe Bushman
vs. Rob/Caveman

Had a bunch of fun individual matches with people in-tournament, some wins, some losses, but don't know that it fits the topic: Lambchops, KDJ, DieSuperFly, DA Dave, Azen, etc.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Cool thread, Zhu. We gotta play next time!

Thanks, Lunar :laugh:

Btw, I've told Cactuar (and he agrees) that he's the most annoying player to play against LOL except for m2k, but I've only played him once. Learned a lot from playing both though, same goes for the rest of the ppl on the list that I've played. I definitely agree with everything you said about each one.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I don't think I have a particular order. These are numbered ONLY to make keeping track easier for myself.

1. Axe (Falco): Super aggressive, fun to edgeguard :) He's also incredibly good at recovering vs Marth using Falco, so it's more satisfying when I edgeguard him. Fighting his Pikachu is definitely not on this top 10 list, though. I have to play super gay and careful, because tiny mistakes can and will end in frustration. Comboing Pikachu isn't particularly fun, but I guess it's helped me vs low tiers in general... sorta.

2. Forward (Everyone): Sean is probably (read: definitely) my favorite person to play against in Arizona. It feels like you're playing against him instead of playing against his style or his character, even though he's not the slowest player. The game sorta mentally slows down, and you can see more of the mindgames at work, even though the actual match is still moving at a normal pace. It's very intriguing. When I play against Forward, I can't help but wonder how anyone in the world is better than him (except Mango).

3. Mew2king (Marth): I like to steal stuff from Jason. He's helpful and informative, and he's pretty entertaining to be around.

4. Taj (Marth): Playing Marth dittos against Taj is so humbling. Mew2king is just somewhat of a **** machine that just clears your stocks out, but playing against Taj in the matchup feels like there's almost nothing you can do. He seems to limit the other Marth so well, which gets discouraging after like, half an hour, but it's pretty helpful before that point. Fighting his Mewtwo is boring.

5. Mango: Getting ***** is fun, sometimes.

6. Replicate

7. Lovage

8. MacD

9. Bob$

10. Light

I got too lazy to type summaries for everyone.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
1) Jman - Playing friendlies with Jman is like playing against a speeding train LOL. He's so fast paced that it could overwhelm you, yet once you're able to understand his movements and gameplay its truly inspiring sometimes. He's a combination of very smart play and very accurate play and I make it my mission to play him every tournament on the EC =D

2) Vanz - Very refreshing style of play compared to most. If I had to I could probably explain many player's styles in 2-3 sentences. But when it comes to Vanz its very hard to pinpoint a style. His outlook on the game is very interesting and gave me a new and different way to look at the game.

3) Mango - Very very insightful play, I wish I could have played him for a lot longer because I feel I could have easily learned a ton about the game from playing him for 1 more hour. Extremely solid in all areas, very innovative and he'll **** you in ways you haven't even imagined yet.

4) Eggm - To me one of my favorite training partners. He makes fox dittos very enjoyable in friendlies and will force you to space well otherwise you'll get overrun. Also mainly because I feel like he's very close to my personal skill level, or a little better than me. I think of him as a rival actually =D.

5) Zhu - Very insightful, humble and obviously insanely good >_<. The short time I played Zhu and talked to him, I realized he's just overall a very chill person as well. Which makes playing him a lot more enjoyable, he also taught me a lot about vs falco. And I fanboy him so I obviously have to give him a spot somewhere.

6) Lucky - His fox is just... SO fast. I've never played someone as fast paced as lucky and at this point wondering if its humanely possible. Lucky never makes me feel like I have a moment to breathe or to miss. Its just constant pressure from both me and him and I love that he won't create a boring moment.

7) Lovage - He reminds of m2k back then with his intense knowledge and application of his knowledge of Melee. Definitely a player I'd love to play against for hours on end. His accurate play is really awesome to watch =D.

8) Cactuar - At one point in time I thought my spacing was pretty decent. Then Cactus came along and showed me how awful my spacing is compared to his. Has absolutely insane spacing, smart predictions and very fast reactions. Plus playing cactus is just always fun. I'm pretty sure everytime I played cactus I laughed even in our MMs.

9) Mew2king - Leaves zero room for errors and will make you remember that mistake you made for the entire week. His knowledge of the game is quite scary and his play is nearly flawless. mew2king always makes you feel scared but in the end with a good mindset I always feel like I've left that setup with a lot more knowledge than I started with.

10) Hax - The definition of EC falcon LOL. He punishes harder than anyone I know making me play very carefully and accurately. His combos and tech chases are something to experience, they just leave you with your jaw opened like... wait wut? Also he instantly makes me an underdog... which is somewhat fun.

Holy **** I wrote a lot wtf >____<

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Shiz not on the list? Armada and HugS would get me so mad to play against, like playing chess I would assume.

Does Scar still play? Cause he is EC Falcon. I love Hax though =]

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I will never be on anybody's list. But my list would have on it...

1) Taj: both of us like to get loud when we play. It's too good.

2) B-stick in AZ, because we both go for stupid stuff and every practice session ends with "why weren't we recording that?"

3) DoH: I like making fun of his playstyle and he gives me all the Peach practice I could ever want.

4) Darkrain: It's like watching a combo video. He also says hilarious stuff when you combo him. IF you can combo him.

After that, nothing I can think of. It's pretty much just fun playing everybody.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I will never be on anybody's list. But my list would have on it...
I completely disagree.

1. Taj - So funny, getting ***** was never so much fun.
2. Wobbles- after playing you in friendlies I realized you have some kind of psychic connection with nana. you do the craziest stuff that anyone could ever think of.
3. Spife - i don't think we were even playing smash at some point we were just laughing at each other.
4. Rochester kids- you bad

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
1.) Axe because he's just so positive when you play with him.

2.) Wobbles - I learned to never like getting grabbed and keeping it that way. :D Wobbles is hella fun to play with and I can work with him on anything I want. Never thought I'd see him on more than one list! :p

3.) B-Stick - Best tank of a training partner I've ever had. I can **** this guy for 5 years 6-8 hours a day and lose only one Marth ditto, but he kept playing with me with no johns no problems.

4.) Forward- Even though our friendlies get pretty intense sometimes, I've developed my characters and playstyles the most from my matches with him.

5.) My last son, Little Tee Ay Eye (Wasn't in Shadow Claw 3). Always surprising me and making me feel like an old man.
--------------------------------------------------
People I would like to play friendlies with or haven't played enough friendlies with:

6.) Armada - He's pretty much a G. He's one of the few Peach players that can make the M2 vs. Peach match-up interesting.

7.) DaShizWiz - I'm pretty sure our DBZ battles would be of epic proportions and we would need to go to a desolate planet because our power levels would destroy the Earth.

8.) The GERM- Ballin' baby. M2 > Link! :chuckle: <3

9.) Phil08- He reminds me a lot of Axe and is an awesome guy to hang around in general.

10.) In recent memory, Arizona Smash, the Canadians (IB/RayneEX), MD/VA (Vist/Chival of the Ruse), TheLake, Vudujin, and so I don't feel bad, umm I wanna play with everyone! =D

PB&J

Smash Hero
1st-Soft(puff main) -my training partner.He plays gay at time but without him i wouldnt have made it this far. plus he has alot of other good characters and can edge guard better than most people i ever played before. he also is a funny guy..one of my closest firends

2-tbag(peach main)- one of the smartest funniest guys in smash..if he went to more tournies , he would be on the livestream alot..plus he *****..lol

3. Mike g(the legend)- invented peach and made me want to get serious about this game..every time i play him i dont know why he doesnt go to tournies and just win..he is the one of the people who taught me most advanced tactics..plus watching his peach makes me want to change the tier list

4. Lambchops(the sensei)- he sees the game on a whole other level..he brought me to that next step and made me better in teams. still till this day he teaches me stuff everytime i talk to him..even when we arent talking about smash

5. merck(the jerk)- so fun to play..very smart and doesnt know how to choke..plus he is very funny and prob one of my favorite trainning partners to this day

6. keepspeedn(my fav fox ever)- one of the smartest players ever..he always switches it up offensive and defensive and playing him the few times i did play him , taught me alot..plus prob one of the best teammates in the world

7.dashizwiz(shiawia)-my brother form another mother..every time i play him makes me understand how far behind i am and how good he is compared to alot of other people..plus hes top 3 in the world in my opinion..this loser just needs to go to more than 2 tournies a year(locals and nationals together)

8-m2k(king of the mews)- master of execution..shows me how to only do guaranteed things ..and makes me want to be the best in the world

9-colbol (one with the shine)- always surprises me and shows me the most advanced ways of the shine..has so much potential and always brings the best out of me..plus he is one with the cat

10. jman(jesus of nazareth)- every time i play this kid it makes me understand fox..more and more..he is one step away from 4 stocking everybody..plus he has the jman shine @ clutch moments

there were plenty of others who were very close on making the list but these are the ones who stand out the most

ps. cornel would be 11th. because his fox *****

Zodiac

Smash Master
Dont think I have ten since I dont get out all that often to tournaments, but I have played a number of people for a short amount of time, regardless of the time span I remember them.

10.Delphiki- For the six months or so he lived in my town we smashed like every other day and I learned a ton playing him, really got to hammer out the finer points of my game and just talk about smash/ video games for like hours and hours XD

9.Mango - I played a couple matches with him at evo a few years ago and found that he did things I never expected someone to do, and I he played so much different from people I normally play that I was forced to dramatically change my playstyle.

8.Lucien- Not only cause the beginings of our tags are the same XD, but because he had a really unique style I could get on bored with and I dont know what it was but I just had a blast playing against his style.

7.That one guy whos name I dont know - Yea this guy, I kept fighting him in tournament finals but never actually beating him, would always go down to two, maybe one stock. Haven t played him in years but I always pursued him and tried to beat him...never did though. how was that fun? I dunno, it just was.

6.Dmstudios - Another player that taught me a lot, from playing this guy for hours I learned to take advantage of my opponents screw ups and openings! thanks dman! I also learned to endure getting wrecked for hours on end.

5.Gage - I find it fun playing gage cause his style is very different (yet so similar) to what I usually lose to. And I just find myself thinking a lot more and concentrating on the mental side of the game.

4.Viviff - for one reason and one reason only, I learned mind games are supreme.

cant think of anymore, Debaser, artiface, other local oregon guys, I like playing all you guys cause were roughly on the same level haha. I didnt really put these guys in any particular order but those are ten none the less.

Animal

Smash Lord
1. prog - funniest man ik and his playstyle is whack as ****
2-honeybadger- one of my best friends, played with him from the start, funny as hell, projects bad
3. canismash- by far the funniest smash player to play against the most ******** **** always happens
4. project- hes bad and is fun 2 **** 2 death
5.OTG- i like playing against a doc, diff mentality for me. especially a cocky one like him
6. Mango- hes gehy, and honeybadger plays exactly like him so i actually dont get terribly ***** but ya learning experience.
7. ultimascout- our MM's are too funny and he is the isai of marth and link. your so bad how are you good?
8. Axe - playing you at apex was too much fun.. videos do not do u justice. way too good
9. hax$ - mad chill guy, mad fun to play against cuz falcon gets ***** and can **** just as hard. sometimes i think hes a mindreader. that aint darkrain
10. codi - especially drunk lmao double mario lets goooooooo
11. vist - very fun MM's at apex

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
tink-never fails to surprise with his wacky tactics and surprisingly efficient killing ability

watty-he shield pressures you with dairs with samus, and its hard to get out. have to experience it to believe it

colbol-hes so fast and fancy

hazz-dunno what it is really, but ive always really enjoyed every match i play with him

bigr-does stuff nobody else does with falco, super mindgamey, and makes the best jokes

trail-you havent seen wavedash dsmash til youve seen trail do it to you

cosmo-can seem untouchable at times, makes it look like hes doing the same stuff as everyone else but its 10x harder to hit him when he does it for some reason

viperboy-does potentially the best falco combos i've ever seen, but recovers so poorly that i can keep up and still have fun. best of both worlds

the germ-i only played him in one singles match and one teams set, but man he does some cool tricks and pulls the kills out in the clutch

sliq-ive always had a lot of fun playing against sliq, and thats saying something considering hes a jiggs main

other guys that i didnt include for various reasons:

juke-i play with him so much that i felt like it would be weirdly biased to include him, but hes an awesome training partner and can play any character he wants pretty well. is probably going to attend a tournament and ditto every single person he plays at some point.

vist-only played him in 2 sets since pound 2, but i had a blast and he does really cool stuff with luigi

reserving my right to add more later

otg

Smash Master
This list will be easy for me to make because most of them are my very good friends and crewmates.

Edit: after reading through all of these, it makes me realize that none of the people I play with take this game very seriously, I think I prefer it that way.

Niko - people sleep on Niko, he's easily the 2nd best Marth in Tristate and as frustrating as it is to play the Doc v. Marth matchup, he forces me to step it up on a regular basis and is incredibly good at exploiting habits and the flaws of my terrible terrible character.

Captain Preq (Jesse) - kid is too hilarious, all of our matches are silly and janky as ****. Lots of laughs, and insane moments such as the extender combo.

Tuna - aka, the best Pichu on the planet dubbed by ICG. It's so hard to explain Yaneev's ***********, he really defines TFS and all the evil ******** things that come with it. On top of being a complete psychopath, he's another person people sleep on and is incredibly good with many many characters.

PC ****ING JONA ***** - the infamous, the ********, the Legend. mother****ing PC Jona. Kid is just too funny irl and is overall an amazing person (tho his persona on the boards would state otherwise). Always a blast playing and hanging out with him.

r00r - Tommy is the ****ing man. Our friendlies are always entertaining and filled with jankery (i'm noticing a trend here) and something about THC seems to enhance these already preposterous matches. A ****ing great dude, way too funny. Goes for the dumbest combos all the time, hilarious falcon dittos.

Vanz - incredibly smart player, dude's peach is too scary. On top of being really nice and a gentlemen, he's another player who has just helped me step it up a ton and plays a variety of characters that almost NO ONE else in tristate uses, which is awesome. Plus he loves Mario Party, how could we not be good friends?

Mogwai - has one of the campiest Falco's on the planet, made me hate melee for awhile til I learned to deal with it. Really awesome and hilarious guy to hang out with. Too bad he does nothing but play League of Legends now.

Prog - I don't think we've ever played a serious match, not even in tourney. Hilarious mother ****er, great taste in music, goes for janky *** combos and what not. Too much fun to play against.

PC Chris - On top of being a great person, every match with this dude is like a lecture in calculus. Probably the person I have the most fun playing atm, teaches me so much and has so much insight and knowledge on the game.

Chopz - just like zhu said, this guys pressure and offense game is out of control. Incredibly well versed in the game, exploits a lot of bad habits and has a great attitude about the game. Funny *** dude too, he scares Yaneev and I sometimes... and we're pretty ********.

The many many bad spacies in tristate - so much fun ****** all of you. Go away tag$.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Wobbles: You would've been on my list if I've played you more recently. Plus, the last few times we've played before you left Arizona, you were heartbreakingly out-of-it. You're always fun to play with when you're in a good (or even neutral) mood, though.

Scar

#HarveyDent
falcon mains for sure

jeff hax darkrain bigD johnny

always good times

and my mediocre spacie punching bags like mogwai gotm gishnak rofl just playin you guys ****

Animal

Smash Lord
otg stop sleepin on me, i was a match away from making bracket at apex. rom3 lets go

unknown522

Some guy
1. Raynex - When he's playing on, his combos and creativity is ridiculous. Also, when we play friendlies, it's not just me chasing the opponent the whole time.

2. Mango (when he's not mario) - He's an amazing player. He's good while being mostly aggressive.

3. Jman - His playstyle reminds me of myself, but more consistent.

4. Lucky - Creative and does things that makes me laugh while we play.

5. Hax - Love the punishment with falcon. His move selection is more precise than most falcons. It doesn't feel like I'm playing vs random spam. I also am sometimes afraid to get hit by him (and he's not even marth).

6. PC Chris - Favorite player. Does a lot of things that I wish I could do.

7. Dr. Peepee - Makes really good decisions a lot of the time. All around solid.

8. Blunted Object - Does some of the strangest things, but makes it work. He's like the falco version of lucky.

9. Everlasting Yayuz - playing him at apex and seeing how much he improved over 2 years was astonishing. May not be the best falco, but plays really solid. Also reminding me how gay laser wall -> u-tilt is.

10. Zhu - the combos and tech skill. That is all.

I hate fighting falco with a passion, but the people I listed actually make me have fun with it.

Vro

Smash Lord
PC Chris and Jman for sure. Great guys with a fun fighting personality

Dr. PP is the most fun to fight against.

S l o X

Smash Champion
woot made a list.

top 5

bolt - awesome kid. rivals? nahh kid needs to get as good as me top 5 in world
mogwai - everytime i play @ your place we play like half a game and i end up leaving or something. i always end up being 2 stocks down that match too. wtffffffffff? still fun, your falco is impressive.
mafia - lol peach is gay. your spacies are fun to play against. goot host. etc . . . friendlies at 9/11 tourney for sure. we'll be EC next lineup for crew battles by next yr. or something
tarmacker - awesome guy. weird moments. your tv sucks. main sheik! we got this.
pROg we played like 5 times but your still aweswome
BANKS - **** MAN hoWD I ALMOST FORGET YOU. <33333333333333333333333333333333333

Top Bottom