• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Funnest Smashers to Play Against.

Cia

das kwl
My definition of a "fun" opponent is someone who makes me better.

1. Reno - great games, hilarious match commentary, epic money matches. triple threat.
2. Teczero - Playing him makes me play sooo well. Great sparring partner
3. Lambchops - The amount of combos in our matches should be illegal
4. Swiftbass - tons of smart play in our matches. i feel so innovative playing him
5. Jman's Fox - Makes me the hate the game, but I dominate other spacies later haha
6. Alukard's NON Samus - idk why i like playing him, but Samus is never fun.
7. MaNg0 - Keeps me humble. reeeeeally humble
8. Armada - I love fighting Peach, and who better than the best one.
9. OTG - Hilarity ensues.
10. HBK - Super smart player. Makes me smarter just playing him.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
the most fun smasher to play against is Lemon. Most of you have never heard of him, but hes viperboy's friend and smashing partner. he is the funniest person i've ever met. high or sober. this kid has me in tears multiple times everytime i smash with him. hes the best.

PB&J

Smash Hero
the most fun smasher to play against is Lemon. Most of you have never heard of him, but hes viperboy's friend and smashing partner. he is the funniest person i've ever met. high or sober. this kid has me in tears multiple times everytime i smash with him. hes the best.
i know who lemon is..marth player
he beat soft just off back throw f smash in 2008 and i always tease soft every time a marth player f smash's i scream " Leemmmmmmmonn"

to good..viberboy is cool too

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
I am european so you guys probly dont care about my list of funnest players to play against,
but I`m telling it anywayz ^^

Top 10 funnest ( European)players I played:

1. Fernandez. Together we got pretty good at this game, and we are still at the same level! 3rd place at duobles last tournament was **** =D
2. Remen. Ive only played him twice in tournament and lost twice with 2-1 and 2-1 =(. Keeps me focust since Remen is really technical and a smart player! He has been playing since the beginning of smash.
3. Pamaro. Best falcon ditto set @ Berlin in my life =). This guy has a cool solid playing styl.
4. Faab. He is an entertainer. In smash and in real life. (ps: he played puff last tournament and got5th -_-)
5. Ace. He proves me wrong everytime when I think the falcon vs ganon matchup is 90-10. This guy has probly the most tricks of the world to get up stage from the edge , creative player. ^^
6. Mindtrick. He plays Yoshi and he does it well. I mean come on, too good
7. Enig: An other player from my homeland The Netherlands. This guy is improving at a high speed. And his fox is really agrresive and technical o_0
8. Zgetto. One of the best players around. He got an unique styl.
9. Baxon. An awesome player from France. He`s got crazy comboes and plays falco at a high level of play, although he is good with other charackters as well! ( Too badd I have played only like 4 matches withhim)
10. Adam. Because I had absolutly no chance against him, and i liked it ^^

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
My top 10

1/Makenshi : I started smash because of him , one of the best marth in europe this guy is just too good at smash and IRL , love you bro'

2/Poilon : This guy is just awesome , he used to be my room mate for almost 2 years
i leanrned a lot from him

3/Infernum : BEST JIGGZ IN EUROPE MOFO'

4/Armada : This Kid is AWSESOME , if you ask me why i'll slap you

5/Amsah : One of my favorite Players in europe , this guy is sooooo funny to play/watch
BEST SHEIK IN THE WORLD 4 SURE

6 /Pasi aka Brokenbones : One of the sexiest fox players in europe , he's improving soooo fast , the next tournney he'll **** hard , love u my austrian Bro'

7/Jeapie : THE SEXIEST FALCON i've seen , this guy is like goku after each defeat he gets wayyyy stronger , lookin forward to meet/play you again man ;)

8/Zgetto : Best Fox in europe for me , i love his play style , very intelligent fox
lookin forward to play you again in tournament ;)

9/Linguini : The sickest ganon i've played in my life , man your ganon is awesome , i'd love to play you again

10/Aldwyn : because he's **** funny and really good with falco , i learned a lot from him

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I'll finish this some other time. I assume that this is mostly about fun in terms of playing the game?

1) Dashdancedan: because he cheats and is hotter than cactuar. I don't think Melee has ever dulled when I'm playing with dan. If we get tired of competitive play for whatever reason (hands tired brain tired), we just start doing goofy things and have a good time or he busts out his AR and we work on frame specific things or unraveling the game. We can talk about and analyze melee for extended periods of time. Plus, he's hotter than Cactuar.

2) Lambchops: because he constantly shows me what to do and where I need to improve. Playing and talking to him increased my understanding of the game tenfold and I am grateful to him for it.

idk which order atm so i'mma just put down x for the number

x) ZoSo: because he's ridiculously ****ing good and smart. While playing, Dave and I have discussed the game deeply and shared our understanding of things. He's a great friend and is very underrated as a player.

x) Cactuar: because I can see how deep his understanding of the game is. I only played him for maybe 30 minutes altogether, but what he showed me was deeper than how deep he penetrated me. Or wait, maybe the penetration was a dream I had. Also he's sexy.

x) Everlasting Yay: I feel like we're deadlocked in terms of skill, but he's more consistent than I am at certain things. I feel like he's my next level up block... and that we should be training partners, if we only lived closer. He's also freaking hilarious.

x) Dr. Pee Pee: When I play him, I have to be playing as fast as possible while thinking to my current capacity. His pressure playstyle is incredibly fun to poke around and figure out. If only he lived closer!

x) bobby/just1111
x) GAWes

x) Cornel aka C....: because of this:

honorable mention) Axe: because he sandbagged me at APEX

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
x) Cactuar: because I can see how deep his understanding of the game is. I only played him for maybe 30 minutes altogether, but what he showed me was deeper than how deep he penetrated me. Or wait, maybe the penetration was a dream I had. Also he's sexy.
You should hunt me down at the next national. I'd be more than happy to play with you for longer than 30 minutes and let you pick my brain. :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1. V3ctorman's Falco. Just as creative as Axe, but because I'm closer to Vman's skill than that of Axe, and because of Vmans loud, goofy, fun personality, it is by-far the most fun I have when playing smash. I learn so much, and have so much fun, despite getting routinely 3-stocked in dittos. This is a guy who I can sit down with, without break for 4~7 hours and just grind out matches.

2. Rusty (Voom). The smasher who has the best mentality out of any smasher, like, ever. This is the kind of guy who you could JV5 stock, and he'd laugh about how badly he just got *****, and it only motivates him to get better, and play more. Just ask Forward. He may not be the best player, but his endurance, mentality, and willingness to learn makes for very fun, and rewarding sessions.

3. Kyle Burns. The guy never really adopted a tag, and he quit around early-mid 09, but on and off from 2005~early 2009, this guy was my main source of improvement. He never had the technical skill but his ability to analyze players, and adapt was worlds ahead of anyone I had played for ages. He was the main source for ironing out bad habits. Of course I still have plenty, but back in the day, I was a much less intelligent player. Always a fun person to be around, and he was always playing to learn, and to help those around him learn.

4. Saetia-DTG. My main competition from the day I met him, 12 years ago. Until recently we were always competitive at everything we did. Pokemon, Yugioh, Tekken, Soul Caliber, and Melee. Every hobby we had, our immediate goal was to best the other player. We would argue, and bicker, and get into these massive fights, but we'd meet up the next day like nothing happened, just ready to try to beat the other guy, and we had a blast throughout the entire thing. He retired from just about everything competitively early 2010, but for the ride, it was amazing. My main source of Peach experience.

5. TemplatPsi/Eritrian4Life. The guy who got me into competitive smash. This guy was a piece of work. A compulsive liar, an ego the size of all of existence, and an ******* to boot, but the guy was so hilarious, and so fun to be around, it was no problem ignoring the bad in favor for the good. I owe it to him for meeting what has arguably been the best 5 years of my entire life.

6. Jetfour. Even though this guy routinely makes me look bad at this game, his attitude, his humor, his insight, and his ability to punish ANY bad habit makes for fun, and educational sessions. My improvement throughout all of 09~2010 is credited to this guy. I wouldn't be nearly as good as I am if it weren't for this guy. Much respect. <3

7. GamerGuitarist7. My ***** Chris. Sorry you're so low on my list, Even though you're a blast to play with, and one of my favorite players to be around, your influence on my smash career is nowhere as significant as the aforementioned players. Any fest or tournament you're at is a party. :)

8. Nicknyte. The silliest mofo I've ever met. A true big black, and one of my best friends. This guy made 2009 a VERY memorable year. This guy has one of the most unorthodox playstyles. He can't even explain why he does the stuff he does. He's an enigma. It's an experience playing him, and a blast being around him. One of the nicest guys on the planet.

9. Wobbles. I've only played with him twice, but the reactions to the outrageous bull**** I did to him was priceless. Sure, I lost in the long run, but making a seasoned veteran, and the best damn ice climbers in the world exclaim in pure shock, and awe at something he's never seen before is an experience I'll never forget. He's an awesome person to be around. Just listening to him talking about smash is an amazing educational experience. Even if I don't play ice climbers I've literally just hovered around him for hours just listening to him banter and rant. <3 you Rob. Miss you.

10. Tai. A player that would probably be much higher on my list if we lived closer together. Bouncing ideas off you regarding the Falco/Marth matchup on both sides of the spectrum, our amazing friendlies and tournament sets, and just chilling is always a blast. You're an amazing person. Not influential like most of the rest of the players on my list, but still top 10 material regardless.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Hmm I'm surprised no one likes epic battles with the warrior. =P
I love ya Kage, you ****ING powershield everything! it was really fun finally meeting/playing you at Apex. STAY GANON!

Melomeniacal is one of mine <3 He tries really hard and is funny at the time so it's always a lighthearted but serious match :D

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
1. Cunning Kitsune: Old school playstyles ****. This guy is making me such a better player. We don't get to play eachother often, but when we do it's a blast! I feel like it's kind of a privaledge, especially since nobody gets to play him that much and most people don't even know he still plays! He is a hidden gem in the MW and he would definitely compete highly on a national/pro level if he was active.

2. P: My first mentor. He got a bad name on the boards, but he was the catalyst of my improvement.

3. Mango: Just because the games go by so quickly. He is in your face and just destroys you. The epitomy on confidence.

4/5. Kels/Tink: Oh man, both of them are so fun to play against. When they enter their try hard mode it's pretty scary. Kels particularly becomes crazy when he's in try hard. I don't know how to stop Fox players that use their speed as defense. >_<

6. Cosmo: The best defensive player I have ever played. You would think Zelda gets punished hard and has no good defense, but when Cosmo combines his shield work and defensive fairs and bairs, he becomes a wall of scary.

7. Lanceinthepants: My recent training partner. I've become better just by playing against him for several hours. When he's on point he's pretty solid as well. I expect great things from him in the future.

8. Bizzaro flame: The fastest Ganon alive! Our games always come down to the last stock. I don't know how he does it. Ganon is so bad...but he does it! Waveland combos and crazy spacing up the wazoo!

9. Fiction: We also had very close intense Falco Fox matches. I can't wait to go back and play him. He's improved and so have I. The rivalry continues!

10. Silent Spectre: I think it was Zhu who said it's like playing in a combo video. That's exactly what it is! (Except, for me it's more one sided) He does stuff you don't think is possible with Falcon. My absolute favorite player to watch.

edit/ dammit I want Lovage on this list somewhere as well!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
1. Cactuar: It's always fun fighting against your style. It's fun, annoying a bit, and you make the opponent guess a lot just by standing there lol. I think it's epic.
2. Hax: I don't know but.. we just 0-death each other and that's like ridiculously cool. =D Even if you beat me in tournament a lot, the MMs and friendlies are insane.
3. Mango: This guy.. He will pay!!
4. Raynex: He's just so technical sometimes, I'm in awe when I fight him.. though at the same time it's cool to put pressure on him too. haha.
5. Kirbykaze: Well, I just love fighting you.. and I will beat you! =P

I'll put 5 others a bit later. =)

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I'm a random but

Most fun:

1. rtsvicta
Sleak style tech skill + flair. Punishes your mistakes, makes you more consistent when you play against him.

2. Mach5
Consistent and guaranteed. Mess up DI = death

3. Kithkin
No tech skill + good judgment = opposite of Sleak. If I play right, matches get close. If I play wrong, he *****.

4. Sly
Playing against a CC happy Peach can teach you spacing.

Most frustrating:

1. Sleak
Tech skill overload. Punishes bad judgment, playing him makes you learn you how to counter a certain playstyle, but mainly teaches you how fast you can lose a stock.

2. Simon
Mess up spacing vs this Ganon and you are NOT going to recover cause of that u-air. CC d-smash Doc FTL

People I am going to play in 2 days:

1. Falsefalco
One of the best players in Alberta. Looking forward to constructive criticism

2. Superboomfan
Bringing all the 64 **** into Melee. Heard stories about ****** with no tech skill with FOX.

3. Tyson
Random

4. Victra
Falcon's vengeance

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
superboom has mad tech skill he just gets lazy and switches back to marth LOL

Top Bottom