• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I remember the FAST1 markerboard's stage list was written over. "Faggot Ship" and "No-fair" come to mind.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol sure fatal well do a mm btw whats up with $3 now instead of like $5 haha is there like a $3 american bill now O.o

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Texas's 4 best players won't be there :( lol.

Oh well :p. We still plan to pull some upsets.

I've never done pools with only 2 people getting out. **** that's scary. I've only done 4 and above :(.

Edit: I also have a horrible history of always gettting stuck in the hardest pool or bracket :(. ****

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please tell me that you guys will at least do your best to seperate players by skill and regions for the pools. I'd hate to get stuck with Anther/Quivo and have me/Quivo eliminate Anther.

Also, will we know how tie breakers will be performed for pools, because I would like to know that ahead of time. Tie breakers as in: 2 (or more) players win the same number of sets, or games, or whatever, there are tons of complicated/different scenarios that can occur.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Anybody want to team with me? I need a good partner.

- I main Diddy Kong, Secondary Jiggs and Sonic
- Was ranked #7 in NJ last season, not ranked now due to innactivity(beause I couldn't travel to the tournies).
- I rack up damage quick and I can live for a long time. I'll either need a long range partner or powerful partner.

Preferably MK, Diddy Kong, Marth, G&W or DK.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
who is texas's 4 best players

fliphop, razer, who else???
Roy R and DMG I believe.
That is correct.

We currently have:

Hylian
Sethlon
Dojo
Santi
Infinity
Melee1

We are missing:
Roy_R
Ultimate Razer
Dr. Mario Guy
Fliphop

So if texas places high without our 4 best players then lololololrape.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Oh dang, I forgot Alpha Zealot was coming and did the awesome MLG commentary. He should definitely do some matches.
(havent been on SWF in 2 days or so)

Really? I wasn't aware of that, Alpha indeed would be welcome to hop on the commentary for awhile if he wants to.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Assuming I get over my current cold then I would be down. I'm actually a little worried about my sickness, its been 4 days and today is the first that I've started to feel better. However, just today my GF went to the doctors and she had been feeling similar to me, and she apparently is now having trouble breathing and has pain all over (and has to go back to the Doctor tomorrow because they were not sure how serious it was).

Also, did you see this:

Please tell me that you guys will at least do your best to seperate players by skill and regions for the pools. I'd hate to get stuck with Anther/Quivo and have me/Quivo eliminate Anther.

Also, will we know how tie breakers will be performed for pools, because I would like to know that ahead of time. Tie breakers as in: 2 (or more) players win the same number of sets, or games, or whatever, there are tons of complicated/different scenarios that can occur.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Texas's 4 best players won't be there :( lol.

Oh well :p. We still plan to pull some upsets.

I've never done pools with only 2 people getting out. **** that's scary. I've only done 4 and above :(.

Edit: I also have a horrible history of always gettting stuck in the hardest pool or bracket :(. ****
It's top TWO??? Wtf, Chibo you should really change this that's a bit much.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
It would be nice if there weren't death pools.

But the odds of there being at least one death pool considering the competition is extremely high. That third pool option should really be considered.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wanna know now, if it is top 2, I wont bother coming to this, it is a waste. For that matter, just let the big names go to this tourny and the hell with the others, really for people comming from the WC? Bo way man, not worth it.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Yeah, what the hell's with top 2? Did you take it into account that good players from ****ing Texas and Montreal are coming? Hell, Reflex is driving 14 hours from Alabama. <_<

QUIVO

Smash Master
Top 2? Sounds lame.. please tell me it's not top 2.

And AZ, I think martina had something similar. Her mom thinks she has mono, and she had a fever one day where her whole body was hurting. If it's mono, it probably came from beer pong

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Chibo should put something about Inui offering housing on the front page.

NOTICE TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS HOUSING! Inui is housing multiple people for a small fee (roughly $5 or $10 per person). He lives 45-60 minutes away from the venue at a hotel, so he can host multiple people. IM or PM him for more information.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Anybody want to team with me? I need a good partner.

- I main Diddy Kong, Secondary Jiggs and Sonic
- Was ranked #7 in NJ last season, not ranked now due to innactivity(beause I couldn't travel to the tournies).
- I rack up damage quick and I can live for a long time. I'll either need a long range partner or powerful partner.

Preferably MK, Diddy Kong, Marth, G&W or DK.
yo right here ^ defensive diddy. hes too good lol

dont worry, seeding will be fine, and you should hopefully never play someone from ur area without some exceptions (like say 32 pools and theres more than 32 nj players at the tourney, etc.)

when brackets are made, skill seeding will be very strict, and if people from the same region are too close, i will try to put them on opposite side of the bracket, but only if i can make a switch of 2 same seed ppl that works.

as for tie breakers, perfect ties almost never happen in pools. this is pretty much how everything goes. first everyone is ordered by the number of sets won to the # of sets lost. then if theres any ties there, it goes down to the best win loss record. if someone is still tied, then the player won their match is ranked higher. if there is still a tie (only possible in a 3+ player tie in this situation), then we will work something out then. its sooo unlikely for this to happen. any suggestions incase this happens?

as for ppl commenting on the pool stuff so far, there really isnt much you can do about it. think about it, there could be 200+ people here, and we have to have time for everything. not to mention plenty of other tourneys work like this. im trying to make it so more people can be promoted, but i technically wont know until the day of the event and i see how many ppl enter singles.

note: i will do my best to try to have time for 2 rounds of singles. it shouldnt be too much of a problem

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
if there is still a tie (only possible in a 3+ player tie in this situation), then we will work something out then. its sooo unlikely for this to happen. any suggestions incase this happens?
Rock-Paper-Scissors. Obviously.

On a serious note, I'm going to be unhappy if I lose my first round of pools.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
as for tie breakers, perfect ties almost never happen in pools. this is pretty much how everything goes. first everyone is ordered by the number of sets won to the # of sets lost. then if theres any ties there, it goes down to the best win loss record. if someone is still tied, then the player won their match is ranked higher. if there is still a tie (only possible in a 3+ player tie in this situation), then we will work something out then. its sooo unlikely for this to happen. any suggestions incase this happens?
Considering it does happen, it would probably happen only once or twice max. So I'd say just settle it with a bo3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom