• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i like 1 round and 64 p bracket for time reasons (because crews is gonna take a long time)
but i love 2 rounds and 32 person for the epic proportions lol

what i might do is eliminate down to 64 ppl from round 1 of pools on sat, then on sunday il have one more round of pools to eliminate to 32 then run a bracket. this way, i can make up the pools myself on saturday night and have them ready for everyone sunday when ppl get there, and itl run fast. then the 32 person bracket will be cake, 32 p brackets run in no time.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
My Pool at SCSA took like 2 hours, and I was in charge of running it after finishing me matches. what the hell...

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
K Slik. Xzax I'll mm you for a dollar.

Just to remind myself...

Slik Vik $5
LK $5
Niko $3 (wanna make it 5?)

Hylian what matchup did you say? xD

If I forgot anyone someone please remind me.

Niko_K

Smash Master
All marth vs all peach is suicide. I'm down for all rob though. Also Kadaj you can stop being a wimp and go get it exchanged.

Alright Yes I'll make it 5.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB v Peach needs to happen lol, it was supposed to at CH4 but never did.

yea dont worry about pools taking that much time. round 1 will go down to 64 ppl regardless. its if we bother doing round 2 or not to down to 32. if we do it though, it will be on sunday, and pools will be posted the night before. there will also be plenty of tvs, and im runnin this thing strict as hell to get it done fast, and im gonna have a good staff helping me run this thing

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
They tried to do the ROB vs Peach thing at C3 but it didn't happen there either, it was gonna be

JCaesar/Toasty/Nacker/Karn/NinjaLink

VS

Azen/Kirbstir/Dark.Pch/Hova/Slikvik

Edit: I think the ROB's would win myself

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there was never an exact roster if i recall, and i also remember that i was gonna be one of the ROBs lol

edit: ur also missing niko for peach

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok so going over scheduling stuff (im trying to change the time we have the venue with the school now so we have more time), this is gonna be tight

say we have 160 ppl in singles (large estimate), thats 16 pools with 10 ppl each. the # of pools has to be a power of 2 since were eliminating to 64 ppl

10 ppl pools = 90 sets each. avg time of a brawl set imo is like 10 min. if a pool is on one tv, thats 900 minutes, aka 15 hours. ****.

so we should already be good with having a lil over 16 TVs, but we NEED NEED NEED NEED more lol. remember, u get the $5 discount off of the venue fee, so that helps lol.

for management during pools every ToS member (maybe like 8 of us there can help run this?) will all do their matches 1st in whatever pool their in (while any member not entering singles should be at the desk managing w/e stuff there, should be 1 or 2), then when all the rest of us are done our matches, we join in and run everything. this way we'l be able to redirect ppl to TVs not being used and prevent ppl from doing friendlies. if we have 1.5 tv's per pool, that would be nice.

the other option is to promote to a higher # than 64 with like 20 pools, and have some of the pools in r2 a lil uneven. 160 ppl in 20 pools = 8 ppl per pool which isnt bad. promote top 4 so we have 80 ppl then reducing to 32 in round 2 on sunday.

also of course this could all change if theres less than 160 in singles and theres like 128 which is 8 ppl in 16 pools - not too bad. il work out some more stuff with #s and what not

crews will have to be a single elim bracket, there seems liek there will be more crews than i thought, and the matches take so long. the crew bracket might have to be split between saturday and sunday. aka, finish singles pools on sat, do as many matches in crews as we can, then finish up sunday. there is also the possibility of finishing up singles pools on sunday and canceling low tiers (but i wanna do low tiers lol), so either way, im workin on stuff lol

nah, he's talking specifically about C3 ECRC. At the tourney we were planning this, but it ran too late and we had to leave before we could do the crew battle :(
o ok i thought he meant the critical hit 4 one

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
You could do swiss pools. Where its like round robin but you don't have to play everyone in the pool. So like everyone in the 10 person pool only plays 6 matches.
However, pools would need to be seeded very carefully. And the sets would have to be determined by you and not at random. This can be pretty unfair, but it is definitely faster.

If it does get large I would suggest doing only 2 matches instead of a set in pools and then compare total wins. This would also save time.

You could also have a non power of 2 number of pools and make some pools have more people make it out. Again not the fairest but it would save time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
round 1 will eliminate down to 64 (or possibly more to alleviate stress on round 1 and put more on round 2)

round 2 will eliminate down to 32 regardless

so yea if its 64 and theres 16 pools, top 4 out

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to play for any Marth, Snake, Dedede, Pit, or MK groups if stuff like that happens. Those are all characters I take seriously.

Chibo, I will run whatever pool I'm in for you and I'm bringing a TV and Wii.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will also run a pool that I'm in :).

I ran a 13 man pool at Oh Snap in 2-3 hours :).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I ran a 16 man pool on 1 tv a ch3 in an hour lol jk

Hylian you go to show me Roy r so I can play him
Roy_R's amazing lol. The first time you play him you think "oh this isn't so bad.." then a few minutes later your like "WHAT THE **** WHY WON'T YOU ****ING DIE?!?!?" lololol he just learns really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom