• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO18

Smash Hero
Oh, ok. Then I just expected too much of Afro and assumed he knew how to fight Falco well and would dominate a player like Tommy G.

My bad.
Yeah since ur so amazing and since a good snake should be able to dominate a player like tommy g, why dont u mm him at gigs?

id like to see what happens rofl

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol yea .com, did u read my giant post b4 ur's about me going on vacation? lol
i have internet (through my cell phone hooked up to my laptop) and will still be on everynight, though i appreciate all help u can provide otherwise lol. only thing that rly cant be done for a week is updating the pre reg list

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Ouch, really? I do badly in one tournament and now I suck.

Afro doesn't **** me and I don't **** him. We go pretty evenly on a normal day, except fighting his Wario...I definitely need more practice on that match up.

I moved away from my usual group of ppl to the middle of nowhere back in June. That, plus my wii breaking, might have something to do with it. That gigs I just didn't feel like playing, so I just fooled around. It was the first one I didn't have to drive people to. I enjoyed the ride and company.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Shoutout to wario players:

You guys are awesome. I wanna watch you guys play so mine can get better :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Crews have 20 stocks with a minimum of 4 members. There really isn't a max per say, but ur stocks have to be divided as evenly as possible. 4 or 5 ppl is reccomened, though u could do like 6 ppl (2 ppl 4 stocks, 4 ppl 3 stocks)

kadaj i got ur pre reg

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I heard Sonic beats Inui...

isnt wario like, the hardest character in the game to grab? that would make for a hard match just because he would have to actually work for that first 50-60 damage each stock

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I heard Falco beats Wario.
I'm pretty sure you heard incorrectly, or the other person doesn't know very well. It's ever-so-slightly in Wario's favor, I think. Even is a slight stretch, but it's close to.

Wario's hard as hell to grab, and Falco has serious trouble getting the kill.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Since the only way for you to understand something Inui is for you to experience it, let's do your Snake vs my Falco sometime so I can show you the match is not in Snake's favor.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So yea... I realized how big this is going to be and well check it...

I'll MM ANYONE 1$ up to 10$
My FOX vs. any character.
Straight neutrals (except lylat).

If anyone wants in let me know...
$10 vs my Pikachu? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just kidding. I'll do $10 vs my GW if you want though.

Inui, I also want a $5 Snake vs Falco :). I happen to like that match a lot since I use falco vs snake rather then GW.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
lol wow everyone wants to mm a fox with characters that **** fox.
I'm thinking about taking a page out of the Yes! playbook and picking up Fox as a secondary and dropping Falco. Falco is just really gay and boring and sucks at killing, Fox is like, the opposite. I don't know why we like the same characters.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Snake ***** Fox. He only wins slightly, imo.

Ether, even if Falco supposedly wins the match, my greater skill should carry me to victory...!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about taking a page out of the Yes! playbook and picking up Fox as a secondary and dropping Falco. Falco is just really gay and boring and sucks at killing, Fox is like, the opposite. I don't know why we like the same characters.
Just noticed this...lmao yeah bro we do use the same characters xD it's prolly cuz we're too good :D

Edit: Reflex can you elaborate on Wario vs Falco?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Edit: Reflex can you elaborate on Wario vs Falco?
I posted this in the on the Falco boards when they were talking about the matchup.

It may as well be even, but I'd tilt this ever-so-slightly in Wario's favor.

Falco REALLY just can't get the kill here. Wario being in the air as he is, a Falco D-Smash is unlikely, and a whiffed U-Smash means your ass. A smart Wario should be able to avoid Falco's F-Smash's weird hitbox. Lasers are annoying, but Wario's aerial mobility allows him to get around with little damage/trouble.

Wario pressuring ability works well against Falco here. Lots of Bite works wonders, because most of the attacks that go around it don't do a whole lot of damage, and Wario's not going to keep holding B so you can position yourself for a free Smash on him.

Falco really needs the chaingrab for damage, 'cause it's hard to get anything but a stray B-Air KO on Wario at 150%. Wario's autocancelled U-Air -> U-Air tacks on a free 33% or so, and a single U-Air does a number on shields, so it's something to watch out for. Mostly, pin him down. I feel like D-Air is quite nice here, because it positions you for follow-ups well (like a chaingrab at low percents, or an appropriate aerial at higher percents). Because of Wario's crap range, you can try to camp him out, and it works alright. Just make sure that you can fight normally when he gets by it, and don't play incredibly defensive.

Most neutral matchups involving Falco are very much momentum-based, from what I've seen. A match can turn around in an instant. Don't get grabbed, or N-Air'd around, because Wario will juggle you across the stage with weak aerials and Bite mindgames.

I might come back and talk a little more; I'm hungry right now.
Then, someone responded with this:

This is super false its not even funny. Its not a matter of avoiding single moves, its a matter of avoiding an onslaught in the hands of a top notch Falco. At around 90%, we can side-B to pop you up, and follow with a U-air to B-air chain thats hard to dodge, then fall faster than you and f-smash on your landing. After that, if you try to punish, you might set yourself up for a u-smash or a spotdodged smash.

Falco can just go after Wario when Wario hits a high % and keep it going for a hot minute. Wario has to play very patiently and accurately avoid things and make a few prediction calls to stay alive. Granted, Wario is good at this, but that's just another reason why the matchup is even. I can see it leaning either way, but its really a matter of momentum swings and how you visualize the match.
And I finished with this:

Oh, yeah, I guess I should stop listing information as if Wario is supposed to be generally defensive/reactive instead of blindly offensive like an idiot on Wi-Fi. :ohwell:

(For those of you that don't sense sarcasm, it's plainly there.)

Side-B isn't instantaneous, and isn't too difficult to avoid. Because of Wario's horizontal aerial mobility, a "U-Air to B-Air chain" is easy to avoid. If you F-Smash on the landing, Wario will either just keep moving away (like he should be doing anyway, because Falco -should- be giving chase with something other than F-Smash) or double-jump and punish. Hell, Wario might attempt to predict and get a free aerial, Bite, or Waft, none of which Falco would like.

Like I said earlier, fighting Falco is usually momentum-based; if Falco doesn't get the grab, he's forced to use his B-Air, N-Air, and D-Air for damage, which doesn't work particularly well against Wario. Wario almost only needs prediction for approaching, because his range is terrible. It's not incredibly hard for Wario to run away from anyone. It's quite difficult for Falco to get anything but a well-timed U-Smash for the KO, which is made exponentially harder if the Wario is making good use of his mobility for defense.
I know it's a lot, but I figured I'd respond as well as possible. Probably a 45/55; maybe 40/60 in Wario's favor.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i'll mm both you reflex, $3 neutrals?
Hey, someone cares~

Cool. I'm still not guaranteed to go (although I'm going to plan around it, for sure), but if I do go, I'll be more than happy to money match you, sir. :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'm stepping up my sonic and falcon for this low tier shiz. Watch out Malcolm...7 minute sonic dittos are imminent...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't wait to use Samus in low tier :). Going to be sooo fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom