• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toughest games

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
The Adventures of Batman and Robin for Sega Genesis. So ridiculously hard. The furthest I've ever gotten was the level after you beat the Joker in the hot air balloon. I haven't played this in years.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Dennis the Menace for SNES was really tough for me as a kid. Never could beat it. I didn't really like it anyway :x

And the original Ninja Turtles game on NES. Now that was HARD lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never beaten Battletoads, A boy and his Blob, or Bartman meets Radioactive Man without cheating.

They are tough games, all on the NES

D

Deleted member

When I was a kid it was Blaster Master, because of that ******* crab boss.
A few years later I got Glover. Glover is friggin ridiculous.

:043: Don't **** with Oddish.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dennis the Menace for SNES was really tough for me as a kid. Never could beat it. I didn't really like it anyway :x

And the original Ninja Turtles game on NES. Now that was HARD lol
LAMO, I got two of those game's you just said, and I agree they are hard, I had help back then because I couldn't beat those games. I can now, but back then they seem impossible.

As for me, I'll still say Blue Dragon, any game that takes you beyond 80 hours of game play is bound to be extreamley tough. >.<

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 can get ridiculously hard on higher difficulties.

However, one Clover game that trumps them both is God Hand. A game that is so tough, that even mooks can cream you.

Yes, it's that tough. You eventually get used to it, though.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 can get ridiculously hard on higher difficulties.

However, one Clover game that trumps them both is God Hand. A game that is so tough, that even mooks can cream you.

Yes, it's that tough. You eventually get used to it, though.
LOL, Yeah I LOVED God Hand. even on Normal that game was Hard..Espically Old Sensei hated that old geezer >_<!!

Frown

poekmon
Oh, and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. The later stages are totally unforgiving, and the Lost World extra stages are completly brutal.
Those levels go on FOR EVER!

Hardes game I ever played? I struggled a lot back in the 90s when I played a lot of adventure games and my English skills... well, didn't exist. I knew about walkthroughs and how to find them, but I simpy had to click everywhere in order to finish the games.

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
As for fighting games, Fate Unlimited/Codes is really crazy and hard to master. It's considered by the Japanese to be the hardest fighting game out there. Timing combos are so freaking hard. The timing and execution needed is arguably more difficult than those in Guilty Gear.

Levitas

the moon
LOL @ whoever linked EoSD extra. Touhou extra stages tend to be a bit harder than the normal difficulty game, and there are two levels of difficulty higher (hard and lunatic)

Subterranean Animism on Lunatic is nuts.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Shadow of the beast, on the Atari, not the easy SNES version, unless you crank the difficulty up to max.

Also most of you guys are pansy's any game released in the last 5 years with the possible exception of touhou on lunatic and ninja gaiden on highest, is easy, or not that bad even on the highest difficulty.

This contest is impossible though there are so many impossibly hard 2d games out there, such as I wanna be the guy, and other stuff, that makes this impossible out of the 3D games Im going with ninja gaiden on highest.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Shadow of the beast, on the Atari, not the easy SNES version, unless you crank the difficulty up to max.

Also most of you guys are pansy's any game released in the last 5 years with the possible exception of touhou on lunatic and ninja gaiden on highest, is easy, or not that bad even on the highest difficulty.

This contest is impossible though there are so many impossibly hard 2d games out there, such as I wanna be the guy, and other stuff, that makes this impossible out of the 3D games Im going with ninja gaiden on highest.
i really cant think of a 3D game thats really hard...idk maybe its just me

also, Subterrean Animisim = hardest game of 2008
IWBTG= 07''
the rest is a little fuzzy

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sonic Heroes. Try getting all A ranks and then gettin all A ranks on super hard mode. -Impossible-

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The hardest 3D game, huh?

Zack and Wiki is unplayable without the hints.

I'm not convinced Madworld is beatable on it's "hard" difficulty.

Has anyone ever beat the Legendary Halo Campaigns solo without cheating?

Suspect

Smash Hero
megaman games are pretty hard >_>

comix zone is hard

vectorman 2 is kinda hard

battletoads is pretty hard

one of the x-men games for the genesis is hard

Batman for the genesis (one with the riddle and two face is hard)

yea sega had alot of hard games

That remark about devil may cry 3 being hard, i never understood why people thought that, then again im just really good at that game.

Shin megami tensie Nocturne and other Shin megami games are kinda hard

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
megaman games are pretty hard >_>
agreed
comix zone is hard
havent played it, but idk...
vectorman 2 is kinda hard
not really, you might die a few times but its bearable
battletoads is pretty hard
talk about VERY hard, jeez that game is frustrating
one of the x-men games for the genesis is hard
i think i know which one youre talking about, i really hated gambit/cyclops's stages
Batman for the genesis (one with the riddle and two face is hard)
the first one right? yeah that one kinda hard
yea sega had alot of hard games
which is why i like them
That remark about devil may cry 3 being hard, i never understood why people thought that, then again im just really good at that game.

Shin megami tensie Nocturne and other Shin megami games are kinda hard
along that list, id add earthworm jim for the genesis, never beat it xD-.-

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
oh snap, are you guys talking about x-men, mutant apocalypse or something like that? where storm's level was underwater (I think I'm getting this part mixed up with some spider man/x-men crossover come to think of it) and beast could walk on ceilings and ****, and there was pysloch, wolverine, gambit and cyclops too? game was mad tough, but I'd still say it's a good step below battletoads, more along the same lines as mega man 3 for difficulty I'd say.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Hoshigami for PS1. I guess it becomes enjoyable if you like the game over screen.

Church

Smash Cadet
Just off the top of my head:

Ikaruga

Basically any of the Ninja Gaiden games, especially impossible on higher difficulty levels.

Spire

III
BRoomer
phantoam hourglas duhh

Final Fantasy III on the DS is really difficult. I can't get anywhere in that game without dying. Maybe I haven't found where to go, but it's pretty vague from the getgo.

Skrah

Smash Ace
It's not only that lol. They killed Renning and other useless units. Though they did kill Giffca. It's the **** spirits. They hit real hard and heal the Ashera's auras.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The hardest 3D game, huh?

Zack and Wiki is unplayable without the hints.

I'm not convinced Madworld is beatable on it's "hard" difficulty.

Has anyone ever beat the Legendary Halo Campaigns solo without cheating?
Right here. All of them except for the Ark (?) level. I haven't played campaign in months, but I know there is one I still can't beat by myself.

The level with the sh**load of Flood was the worst level by far.

Splice

Smash Hero
Kirby's Dreamland. Hardest game EVAR XD

Seriously though, Earthworm Jim, and Metal Slug. both very hard games. Warcraft III
In Hard Mode is also a b***h.

And, although its slightly off topic, Has anyone noticed how the last boss in PIKMIN is actually hard, despite the rest of the game being incredibly easy?

Top Bottom