• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay3 NATIONAL Event - Oct 16th - 18th 2009

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
So like we can just like show up before 2 pm on sat if we just want to enter melee's 1v1's right? we like don't have to like show up like thursday before like 10 am to be able to enter random individualistic stuffsiez right?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Venue is confirmed.
As for access, I am hoping to get that all locked up by Tuesday PM...so that I know if i can move in Fri or have to wait until Sat.

From GC I have to move the following:
10 TVs (all tube of the 27" variety..so big'ish)
3 or 4 tables - 2 are folding, one or two are not folding...so big
20ish cases of Game Juice
2 coolers
1 PC set up
1 Printer
Couple boxes of random ****

So I am left with either renting a UHaul and doing it all in one go (I am low on funds, so maybe not...) or getting like 3 or 4 ppl to help me move stuff. I will have the UHaul option explored by Wed AM.

VENUE INFO:
Name: Seattle Center Pavilion
Address: Warren Ave N & Thomas St
Seattle, Washington, United States
Notes: This is just on the north side of Thomas St. ARRIVE EARLY to get free street parking, else you may well have to pay for parking. We are right next to the Key Arena in the Seattle Center Pavilion building (NOT the Center House)
MAPQUEST http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Seattle&state=WA&address=Warren+Ave+N+&+Thomas+St

MacD

Banned via Administration
me and kira just wanna make sure that we have someone picking us up from the airport on friday and dropping us off monday morning

Arrival - Friday, Oct 16 Seattle, WA (SEA) at 9:02 PM flight 296 jet blue

Departure - Monday, Oct 19 From Seattle, WA (SEA) at 11:25 AM flight 293 jet blue

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'll help you move **** Chris, just let me know what day.

Someone arrange Kira&MacD a ride, preferably (AKA only) to my place so I can **** them rong rong time

kline do you have a cell phone? i need a ride to shanes on thursday so he can mix and we can all practice, feel me?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I need a ride to Shane's on thursday as well, but the thing is, I need a ride back at like midnight cause I have class 9AM the next day. :/

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I know Im smashing tomorrow but I dont think Im goin to house at shanes since the tournament is in seattle.

So if I do go Thursday ill give you guys a call but probably not cuz then Id have to wake up early and ****

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I may just try and rent a UHaul for this *****... I have so much crap and if its raining or something that makes my pu useless...can not get Tvs wet.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I may just try and rent a UHaul for this *****... I have so much crap and if its raining or something that makes my pu useless...can not get Tvs wet.
ok well I prob dont want to deal with parking ish so Ill prob bus there since ill be in seattle etc but I take it youll need help unloading loading and setting up then?

Eggz

Smash Hero
revised plan for this week/weekend

Wednesday - Go to UW and smash, come back home or stay at Nate's

Thursday - SMASHFEST AT MY PLACE. Erry1 come and stay the night if you like. Bring TVs/Wiis.

Friday - Smashfest at Gameclucks/housing for OOS at my place. I need people to bring them to my house. JUST FOR FRIDAY THOUGH. read below

Saturday - Tourneyplay3 tournament day 1. AFTERWARDS, everyone will be moved to one of a few houses in the university district. A few select people will accompany me to DJ Combo's house. These will likely be Canadians and mew2kings.

Sunday - Same as above except replace any 1s with 2.

Monday - Get OOS rides home

Housing will no longer be at my house saturday or sunday.
Thinking about switching Friday as well atm

revised plan for this week/weekend

Wednesday - Go to UW and smash, come back home or stay at Nate's

Thursday - SMASHFEST AT MY PLACE. Erry1 come and stay the night if you like. Bring TVs/Wiis.

Friday - Smashfest at Gameclucks/housing for OOS at my place. I need people to bring them to my house. JUST FOR FRIDAY THOUGH. read below

Saturday - Tourneyplay3 tournament day 1. AFTERWARDS, everyone will be moved to one of a few houses in the university district. A few select people will accompany me to DJ Combo's house. These will likely be Canadians and mew2kings.

Sunday - Same as above except replace any 1s with 2.

Monday - Get OOS rides home

Housing will no longer be at my house saturday or sunday.
Thinking about switching Friday as well atm
where are people housing? is nate clearing out his garage!?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I wouldn't come over tomorrow. It's probably gonna be a smallish thing that starts late cuz I got hella homework.

Also, if you could at least house people friday night that'd be good. I have two nonsmasher roommates and asking them to put up with ****loads of people 2 nights is hard enough, if you make it 3 nights it might be too much.

edit: oh yeah, and smash at my place thursday really isn't possible. everyone has class early the next morning... you might as well leave that at your place (shane's) and I'll try to get a ride when I'm free

otto if you can't find any other way to shane's on thursday, bus to downtown (or my place! yeyeye) and I'll get my ride to pick you up there. idk, we'll coordinate it on thursday

Eggz

Smash Hero
TOPH HATES ME

ok see you guys thursday then.
get over though, because my entry for tp is relying on otto getting over early enough for me to mix

i need about 3 hours of focused time to do the 2 mixes i plan on doing

also i just got in a situation (too lazy to explain) where i said to a girl "if by ultimate power you mean genetic material then HAI. if not then i slappa u" she said "why can't i have both" i said "well simultaneously or sequentially?" she said "****in simultaneously" i said "well fortunately im gonna have ultimate power, so I can probably do that."

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
that was the most confusing story but i probably liked it

edit: also i dont hate people who have made me fried egg sandwiches as a general rule of life. :D life/scheduling is just harder when you're not a bum. >_> sry

joeplicate

Smash Master
fried egg sandwiches ****

i ate them every day for breakfast in the car in like 10th grade

my mom made them with lots of pepper cooked into the egg, toasted bread, and hot sauce

i started every morning with steamy goodness

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ight whatevers

Toph Ill see you when you get outta class

Im for sure not going to shanes house at all this weekend because Id rather not go hours away from the tourney and I have **** to do

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Here's what's up for tomorrow (Thursday). Tonight Rohins and Stefan are coming over to UW for a smashfest. I'm gonna see if either of them can get us a ride to Shane's on thursday. Otto (and Ciz?) you guys should probably try to bus to the U-district sometime tomorrow so we can go to shane's in the afternoon.

I get out of class at 2:30.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
UHAUL RENTAL:
So I will rent a UHaul to move the GC equipment down tot he venue and back. So if you have TVs that you need to get to the Venue, bring them to GC on Friday afternoon and I can take them down with all the other stuff...that way your car is empty to haul players down to the venue on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday night I will take them back to GC and you can pick them up Monday or take them home from the venue Sunday if you want.

So bring your TVs on Friday to GC and I will get them to the venue on Saturday AM.

ALSO - Friday GC is for TOURNAMENT people. So please do not pack it out with ppl who are not even coming to the event on Saturday. I need all the room I can get, so a bunch of clingers will just screw me.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Ight whatevers

Toph Ill see you when you get outta class

Im for sure not going to shanes house at all this weekend because Id rather not go hours away from the tourney and I have **** to do
1 - learn to read biggins

2 - everyone knows you dont have **** to do

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pretty funny I'm on the tournament banner.. I guess I can only be there in spirit as I will be fighting locally the same time as you guys. =) KICK SOME ***!!!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
1 - learn to read biggins

2 - everyone knows you dont have **** to do
Everyone knows You dont have **** to do.

Also you never confirmed your plans that was simply a loose itinerary. I was saying I wouldnt be going at all so dont count on me for giving rides etc.

Learn to connect ideas drunkins

Top Bottom