• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

LLDL

Smash Hero
How did this end up lookin for Melee?

Edit: Nevermind, I went back and found a post a couple of pages back.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Dew, look, Viper badgered me about going. We were down in Pompano seeing my DYING nana. I am the only one here who knows how to drive a 5-speed. I didn't want to drive 4 hours, then drive another seven to get to your place and back home for our other crew. Your argument with Viper is pointless. And even if we did come, we wouldn't have entered. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but we have no money. And I understress the 'no money' we are ****ing poor. I love the naples crew, don't get me wrong. Wolf and Mix are some of my favorite players, but after seeing you take shots like this at Viper for something that came up at the last seconds, and was more important than a tourny; that was a scum thing to do, and I have a very different opinion of you.

This is my fault. I know for a fact he would have come if he could. I was the reason, so don't rage at Viper. And if you start raging at me, I just want to let you know that I couldn't give two sh*ts about what you say. Just saying.

I'm not meaning to offend anyone. So sorry that we couldn't make it. Maybe next time.
What makes you think we give two ****s about what you have to say? I'm glad you guys didn't come. It would have made everything warm and uncomfortable.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
What makes you think we give two ****s about what you have to say? I'm glad you guys didn't come. It would have made everything warm and uncomfortable.
Because I wasn't raging. I was saying if he rages at me for my post, that I would just ignore it.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Dwho: I didn't realize it before that swampnigas had the family matter, I knew xdeath posted about it b4hand but i thought that was his situation since his post pretty much said simply "have important family matters to go to, cant go" and also thought he was associated with hrnut/gallax/cfl area and thats why cfl didnt go(their ride essentially). Ur dying nana is much more important than a tourney, I'm sorry i misinterpreted the situation.

Looking at it on the surface though, it looked like viper was grimey
since naples were all really annoyed about not entering the most recent tourney in fgcu because they said they werent allowed to go or something.

holy **** how many times do i have to tell you this is a tourney for FGCU or invited. Why is that hard to understand.

Mink kinda cleared up what was going on with that tourney although I still don't understand COMPLETELY the reasoning behind it although according to him there are reasons to justify not allowing every1 to come so i'll accept it for now, ill msg him on aim or something to fully understand.

I have broken it down for you already the only reason you dont get it is cause you dont like me for some reason.

And, at first vipers reasoning behind not going to my tourney was simply just money (or so I thought cuz thats what he posted at first w/o mentioning the family matter).

see qouted post

What appeared to be "rigging a tourney to make money which is the response that I got from ******,sheikssbm,swolf, all 3 said on different seperate occasions+saying he doesn't really have money

I did not rig the tourney check the seeding i seeded the top 6 players all of witch placed in the top 6.

i am not sure why ****** would say negitive things about me or the tourney. As far as i could tell it seemed like he had a good time.

I also called Johnny last night to talk to him about the bull **** you have been saying and you should speak only for your self. I heard what he said and we came to an understanding.

when he clearly made like 60$ at that tourney--->frustration because it looks like hypocrisy. You can see how with these two combined, i got frustrated. It was 2 misunderstandings apparently. You guys sure do explain the situation better than viper tho lol.

I dont even know why you started talking about the Nub Academy tourneys in the first place we have tourneys for school and invite only thats why its never posted on the boards.

There is no hypocrisy or what ever i made some money but its NOT ABOUT THE MONEY. its a $3 tourney.
Did you not read this post
FGCU Crew did not just randomly not show. They stated that $10 was not appealing to them. when you did not change the price they did not show.

i wanted to be with my Nana in pompano beach
i dont have to explain why i wanted to be with her its my buisness. I was goin gto come regardless of the money. I just asked you to lower it so that others from my crew and players around FGCU would go.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well tbh Johnny is pretty lenient on anything, he doesn't care too much about how something happens. Not to mention I never got his opinion on it, i got eskimos,sheikssbms,and swolf as i previously mentioned. Viper, the way ur wording it still sounds grimey if I didn't really hear dwhos/minks explanation. You say fgcu or invited, well, you alrdy know you can beat all of fgcu since u seem to do it everytime i see one of those tournies and mink has lost to u for quite a bit. Seeding it however way doesn't matter since you are aware that you can beat every single one of them and place 1st regardless of w/e way it is seeded. I'm not really sure if that was intentional or not, thus the confusion. Mink explained the justification for him though a lot better when i called him last nite.

And tbh 3$ tourney.... 5$ tourney.... not a big difference, its still a tourney on a campus that have a lot of students thus payout was ~70$ which is a decent payout. The way you word it is kind of like, well the tourney is 10$, i want it 5$, thats way too much when i just made 70$. I'll just chill with nana instead and post such after the tourney and not inform you ahead of time so that ppl expecting us wont see us thus we waste like a half hour or so of ur time waiting for more attendance and such. If you simply just posted ahead of time I really wouldn't care with or without a reason. When your expecting 10 more ppl to show up to ur tourney and then its like...... lol what happened?

In short, your not really looking at it through my point of view and you're just saying, I don't need to explain myself becuz im viper lolz. If your not going to look at it through my point of view then the convo ends here because thats seems to be the case as i read the last post.

-!-

Smash Lord
Johnny's mah dawg.
*Likes*

yea I didn't care much for it like I told Viper, the way I saw it was just a series being for FGCU Students Only with a small entrance fee which = no Competition, seems reasonable to me but I guess it does look a lil bad that Viper being the best there entered the majority of the times, mainly for hype within the school... something like that. I did felt weird when Richy was preparing for the most recent one, we always go as a Crew so it just sucked that we couldn't go... I told this to Viper as well and I guess since FGCU is so close and it's easier to go there for a tournament rather then to travel farther away it's acceptable to be upset about the whole "Students Only". Also, all of us going there just means we'll just meet in like round 2 lol when we could just play home, but that's just me lol going to a Nub Academy Tourney means the only Serious practice we can get is against Viper and Mink... and Not all of us would get to play them unless if they're Friendlies which are w/e tbh.

Anyways..... >____>

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
*Likes*

yea I didn't care much for it like I told Viper, the way I saw it was just a series being for FGCU Students Only with a small entrance fee which = no Competition, seems reasonable to me but I guess it does look a lil bad that Viper being the best there entered the majority of the times, mainly for hype within the school... something like that. I did felt weird when Richy was preparing for the most recent one, we always go as a Crew so it just sucked that we couldn't go... I told this to Viper as well and I guess since FGCU is so close and it's easier to go there for a tournament rather then to travel farther away it's acceptable to be upset about the whole "Students Only". Also, all of us going there just means we'll just meet in like round 2 lol when we could just play home, but that's just me lol going to a Nub Academy Tourney means the only Serious practice we can get is against Viper and Mink... and Not all of us would get to play them unless if they're Friendlies which are w/e tbh.

Anyways..... >____>
I gotcha. Maybe Next Time will be Nub Academy 9: The Revenge Of Naples ;P

Of course, i don't run them at all so it's not on me hahaha

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Wait, there is a reason it called 'Nub Academy" and that reason is because we suck. And the rest of the people who enter these tournys are no good. They don't usually come to the bigger tournys because they know they have less of a chance of doing well. FGCU hosts four big tournys a year. Although not cash prizes, they are moderately big. And if I'm not mistaken, Naples usually wins most of them. Now, as for us entering nub academy, Viper enters to play Scent, Tra, myself, and Mink (along with ****** when he comes) in tourny matches. As the other players play people more on their level.

There is even a change jar that we use for the people who refuse to enter. They are promotional tournys. And as for the money that is won by Viper, he uses it to pay for the North SwampNig*as food. He also gives money for the ride back. It's not like he's playing jew with it.

I see where you could be mad for it, but they are promotional tournys that players like yourself, M!x, and Wolf should not attend because it's discouraging.

Honestly, this is blown way out of proportion. Maybe you guys should get onto Mink for not giving Naples the invite to his birthday invitational. I mean, it says 'invitational' and he didn't invite you, and that seems to be more offensive.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1509

-!-

Smash Lord
you mean his Birthday party?? he did told me about it, so hopefully everything goes well so we can go and chill *___*

Sooooo......

EDIT: Ohh you meant Last Years lol

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
^
Agree with that.
Viper helps feed the Auberndalers that decide to come down with the winnings
and ALL the money i win goes into my tank because Auberndale doesn't pay me.

not because they're jerks, but for the same reason they don't enter tourneys. But i love those guys so of course i'll pick them up. :3

Johnny you better go to my bday party :3
not sure where it is yet though.
It's going to be boss.

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea, I just asked Chris his schedule for the weekend since hes the Usual Driver. Hopefully we can so we can have some nice Margaritas :awesome:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Aiight man.
I'm going to be in town Friday/Saturday/Sunday and Monday afternoon. I'm planning on having a Guy's Night and a Party.
Whichever night the party is, i'll try to work it around your schedule too :D

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I did not know of minks party. Now I am emotionally hurt :( Mink, i thought we were bronies, why didnt i get invited ;.;

and johnny, i will get better at the snake mu after the things seibs has told me as well as i have his set saved onto my wii so i can watch it now if i want ;)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Lolz.
I only texted mix.

and actually, in one of my paragraphs to you in bright yellow font is an invite extended to naples.

[FBC] B-Unit

Based on Reality
Wait, there is a reason it called 'Nub Academy" and that reason is because we suck. And the rest of the people who enter these tournys are no good. They don't usually come to the bigger tournys because they know they have less of a chance of doing well. FGCU hosts four big tournys a year. Although not cash prizes, they are moderately big. And if I'm not mistaken, Naples usually wins most of them. Now, as for us entering nub academy, Viper enters to play Scent, Tra, myself, and Mink (along with ****** when he comes) in tourny matches. As the other players play people more on their level.

There is even a change jar that we use for the people who refuse to enter. They are promotional tournys. And as for the money that is won by Viper, he uses it to pay for the North SwampNig*as food. He also gives money for the ride back. It's not like he's playing jew with it.

I see where you could be mad for it, but they are promotional tournys that players like yourself, M!x, and Wolf should not attend because it's discouraging.

Honestly, this is blown way out of proportion. Maybe you guys should get onto Mink for not giving Naples the invite to his birthday invitational. I mean, it says 'invitational' and he didn't invite you, and that seems to be more offensive.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=1509

Im hurt by this.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is this a bad date? I was thinking this was a week b4 genesis so it would be perhaps the best date to get a training session so to speak. If this date is bad then i can hold it late july-early aug.
july 9th is NLL. i didnt even see the date in the thread beforhand

All of july is taken bro

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Hmm the only date is aug 13th and i have my final on that thursday coming up so i doubt i can really hold it then.

I'm not sure if the nex week ill be in naples or headed to UF by then.

I don't think this is a go unfortunately. All the dates are taken. Nvm guys. Maybe december when chu is in town.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Hmm I think ill just hold this on the 23rd then.

Every date is taken for the past month, all of them being in cfl and none of them being in sfl - genesis week. That is a bit unfair imo.

Also i wanna celebrate maskys bday so yea...

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I think hes going back home for his bday although ill have to double check with him.

I would go to gfest but then I wouldn't be able to go to viper tourney/esam tourney (whichever has more attendance).

Top Bottom