• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmm so for this to work out, i would need a 20 man attendance atleast...

1)Me
2)sheikssbm
3)******
4)swolf
5)mix
6)alvin
7)Danny
8-11)slash, the other naples guy that came to the last tourney, and 2 other ppl around here (all situational btw from 8-11).

From here, I would need miami to fill in this big gap.

If i could id like to get some replies from dfear,mvd,seibrik,xaltis,and maybe redhalberd to tell me if they could work something out or not.

gallax

Smash Hero
Gfest 6- kyonfest is on this date and has been reserved for the last month. Ur taking my attendance!!! Ya'll should some to gfest.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well, we've pretty much established that orlando can't travel to Naples so I'm pretty lazy to travel up there for a tourney just as well.

so regardless if this happens or not, naples is not bothering to drive to gfest.

With that said i still need more people to reply to see if I will even bother holding this. If viper comes, I would like to know with how many ppl, then I'd need atleast 5 more from miami to reach the 20 minimum man tourney or slightly close to that. But I still need those replies from miami >_>"

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
well, we've pretty much established that orlando can't travel to Naples so I'm pretty lazy to travel up there for a tourney just as well.
so regardless if this happens or not, naples is not bothering to drive to gfest.

With that said i still need more people to reply to see if I will even bother holding this. If viper comes, I would like to know with how many ppl, then I'd need atleast 5 more from miami to reach the 20 minimum man tourney or slightly close to that. But I still need those replies from miami >_>"
My feelings were pretty hurt from this.
For the record, i'm pretty much the only driver from orlando.
I'm sorry the one time that you held a tourney i couldn't come.

Sorry for ruining it for all of CFL. even SFL comes up here.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So ur telling me u drive the 20+ smashers in orlando on a regular basis? lol

And holding a tourney on the same day isn't something new, I'm just returning the favor.

And for the record I've been to CFL tournies plenty of times. So using that SFL analogy is unnecessary

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The other guy that drove to Ryo's never travels.
Ever.

Stop actin' like a prick man. mean.
It's cool if you want to hold a tourney on the same day.
Just don't say it's because CFL are *******s.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
nah its cool, I completely understand. They post a tourney thread less than a week beforehand on the same date as my tourney and no1 shows up to mine. Bet you can't guess where I got the brilliant idea to host this from :)

(But on a real note, I'm just keeping it real. No1 wants to travel to sfl from orlando and neither do we, thats all it really is.)

lol so that one time this "guy" made an exception to drive to a tourney, oh ok. Look, you don't need to cover all of cfl, im sure any of them could've showed up.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
nah its cool, I completely understand. They post a tourney thread less than a week beforehand on the same date as my tourney and no1 shows up. Bet you can't guess where I got the brilliant idea to host this from :)

(But on a real note, I'm just keeping it real. No1 wants to travel to sfl from orlando and neither do we, thats all it really is.)

lol so that one time this "guy" made an exception to drive to a tourney, oh ok. Look, you don't need to cover all of cfl, im sure any of them could've showed up.
All you did there was post the yellow to make the red seem like it was all Lol.

But no. It's not like that. So one ****ing guy decides he wants to post a tourney the same day. That shouldn't reflect all of CFL. Infact, i didn't go to any tourney. Thus none of CFL could have gone. So. Because of one persons decision many months ago, you're going to be a little girl about this and try to steal our attendance.

As for the green, i do need to speak for CFL. Because no one else in CFL drives anywhere. Name one person. Go. Do it. Name one person in the Orlando area that drives. Please. Because there is a reason why EVERY tournament people ask ME.

As D-torr above me posted. Most of CFL would like to go to SFL. With the exception of one or two people who don't like SFL. But thats not you. Thats personal opinions of regions.

I personally don't care. I wouldn't have gone down there anyways. I have no intention of driving back down to my hometown without good reason. But it would have been cool to see naples and i know for a fact naples has no problem with me. and i would have been able to house you guys. I'm a 5 min walk from the venue. You're just being immature. Stop axcting like you're a cool badass. It's really not funny or "cool". I know many people who would want to go to SFL. Infact, i go there whenever i have the chance.

Take the time to think about what you write. Because alot of it is very high-school-immaturity level. If you have legit reasons for disliking us, i don't mind that. But pointing fingers is just ridiculous.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Why do you take all this so seriously lol.

Look, you're telling me that 30 smashers from orlando (I know there has to be that many or possibly even more) all can't drive? That's BS.

To be simply blunt, I go into this thread and just see a bunch of posts that say, hey come to gfest, like I didn't already get the message the first time. Rather than saying ok i get it, please stop posting, I do this as a joke, in an @sshole kind of sarcastic manner. My goal isn't honestly to steal attendance, it's just to get people that had no intention of going to orlando to begin with to come here, that's all it is. So please stop blowing up this page, this is just a forum. I've been wanting to host a tourney for a bit after my 1st tourney I just wasn't sure which date to hold it on. Every week literally for more than a month has an orlando tourney on every saturday. Like what do u expect lol.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm taking it seriously because you're acting immature.

And we have around 15 smashers here. maybe 20 if the vets come out.

and we dont. If you saw GDX's new thread, we only have 1 or 2 a month.
Nice try though.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Look, I realize you are "worried" of attendance stealing or w/e. But in reality, this tourney isnt even set yet. I said I'd only host it if i could get a 20 man attendance alrdy confirmed. Seeing as only cfl posts here to say, this isn't gfest, lolz wtf? Come to Gfest! In reality theres like a 50% chance id even hold this thing cuz as you can see I haven't really gotten many replies yet. So until I do, I won't hold this. I hope you're happy :)

You've had one on last week (the fact viper cancelled last minute doesnt change the fact it was still suppose to happen), Lan center (gigs), viper tourney, wato,gfest. Nah bro, but nice try on trolling me tho.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm never at any fest in Orlando and I barely make tourneys period. Only people who take me are Action, who has taken a break from Brawl and his car his messed up and Exdeath who lives I don't how far from me.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So what happened to:

solo,2freejeff,hrblack,gdx,gallax,razek,radix,kyon,hell even melee smashers since it was a melee tourney too, and too many others to name? Certainly one of that bunch must have a car, they just all choose not to drive anywhere else lol, thats the reason why u only drive.

If you'd really like to know mink, if you couldn't tell, because it seems like you can't, this thread seems dead, its been up for a week and like no posts at all. In reality, I was gonna leave this thread for like 1 more week up tops and try to see if anyone is interested in coming to save this thing. I'll still leave it up for 1 more week, but thats how it is. Me "not showing up to gfest because of laziness" was simply a joke actually, as you have probably read from posts in the past, It is near impossible for me to get rides gainesville or in naples as I have posted numerous times b4, orlando's laziness had nothing to do with this in all actuality. I just said that because I was bored and felt like being a bit sarcastic but a little part of me is still a bit annoyed that orlando didn't show up, I know more people than just you have a license in Orlando. So at this point, you've been beating a dead horse. If you're worried about attendance you should look at esams thread LOL. cuz honestly im probably headed there just because the tourney looks more promising, but hey, if you're thread on that date looks like it has more attendance, than I'd show up there in a heartbeat. And this goes back to me not being able to go anywhere due to rides, we can only go to one tourney for the rest of this summer due to restrictions such as calling off work and such.

Oh, and you should get to take the time to know me more irl, because from this you take my posts too literally and just ramble on and on and fail to see that there's nothing behind it, just a laugh out of all this. With that I'm done with the rant.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Look, I realize you are "worried" of attendance stealing or w/e. But in reality, this tourney isnt even set yet. I said I'd only host it if i could get a 20 man attendance alrdy confirmed. Seeing as only cfl posts here to say, this isn't gfest, lolz wtf? Come to Gfest! In reality theres like a 50% chance id even hold this thing cuz as you can see I haven't really gotten many replies yet. So until I do, I won't hold this. I hope you're happy :)

You've had one on last week (the fact viper cancelled last minute doesnt change the fact it was still suppose to happen), Lan center (gigs), viper tourney, wato,gfest. Nah bro, but nice try on trolling me tho.
I could honestly care less about attendance, it's not my tournament.
It's just rude what you're doing to CFL. It's like racism. Except regions.
1. What the hell is gigs?
2. Theres a wato coming up?
3. I don't troll.

and as for the viper thing, those were the only days he was GIVEN. And they were a month apart. And i wouldn't talk smack about the last one having to be cancelled. Some kid died bro. That's a legit cancel reason.

So what happened to:

solo,2freejeff,hrblack,gdx,gallax,razek,radix,kyon,hell even melee smashers since it was a melee tourney too, and too many others to name? Certainly one of that bunch must have a car, they just all choose not to drive anywhere else lol, thats the reason why u only drive.

If you'd really like to know mink, if you couldn't tell, because it seems like you can't, this thread seems dead, its been up for a week and like no posts at all. In reality, I was gonna leave this thread for like 1 more week up tops and try to see if anyone is interested in coming to save this thing. I'll still leave it up for 1 more week, but thats how it is. Me "not showing up to gfest because of laziness" was simply a joke actually, as you have probably read from posts in the past, It is near impossible for me to get rides gainesville or in naples as I have posted numerous times b4, orlando's laziness had nothing to do with this in all actuality. I just said that because I was bored and felt like being a bit sarcastic but a little part of me is still a bit annoyed that orlando didn't show up, I know more people than just you have a license in Orlando. So at this point, you've been beating a dead horse. If you're worried about attendance you should look at esams thread LOL. cuz honestly im probably headed there just because the tourney looks more promising, but hey, if you're thread on that date looks like it has more attendance, than I'd show up there in a heartbeat. And this goes back to me not being able to go anywhere due to rides, we can only go to one tourney for the rest of this summer due to restrictions such as calling off work and such.

Oh, and you should get to take the time to know me more irl, because from this you take my posts too literally and just ramble on and on and fail to see that there's nothing behind it, just a laugh out of all this. With that I'm done with the rant.
I read the first part and face hooved.
Because....

Mink drives all of them LOL
This.
and i am the ONLY.
THE ONLY.
ONLY.
Person who drives people here.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Why do you think I always talk "smack"? I just named a bunch of orlando tournies which shows my inability to secure a tourney date for myself. It doesn't matter if he cancelled or not, It still counts as a date that I could have reserved a month b4 in advance but was curteous not to take it. If you didn't realize b4, I was in esams position and tried choosing the two dates that he wanted, the difference? I live in a dead *** region with no smashers and he lives in one with smashers so yeah, he is able to pull it off. It has nothing to do with that tourney cancelled or not cancelled, just the inability to host a tourney b4 i go up to gville since I know ppl were asking me to host another one.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I never said you talked smack.
Nor do i think you talk smack.

I think you're immature.
It wasn't wrong of you to make a tourney on the same day. If you read what i wrote you'd understand. I could care less if you stole ALL attendance from gallaxfest and no one but me and gallax showed up. IT's the reasoning you have behind all your actions, and the way you're carrying everything out. The way you're approaching and handling the situation is the same way my 8 year old brother would. It's incredibly childish to hold grudges and be rude.

afk.
going to sleep/watching fma

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure u just wrote that before you edited your post lol. I could've swore that i literally just read that.

once again, you take my posts too literally, which is why you think its immature.

*facepalm, there is no grudge or anything to begin with rofl. the only legit grudge i have seen on sb so far is gallax's random dislike for sfl and thats about it, you have failed ot read what i posted in my last posts or you think that I wasnt being serious on saying that it was a joke. Mink, there is no grudge, I didn't approach anything a certain way. I came about it this way because it is rude to just constantly post here come to gfest, come to gfest, i get the point, i really do. I don't need 4 different posts to tell me the exact same thing. But i simply can't due to ride reasons, if you fail to understand that and think i truly have a grudge then u dont know me at all.

and yes there is a wato tourney coming up and that lan center (formerly known as gigs) tourney, both in orlando coming up, taking up literally every date combined with the other orlando dates, u see how this is a bit frustrating do u not?

MVD

Smash Master
Holy **** Shut the **** up about this and come to zp if you don't then **** you goodbye :)

:phone:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
MVD with the troll. Bro, I alrdy pretty much confirmed we're going to ZP although not certain yet (still need to figure out if the ride is 100%). I like how you didnt read anything and just skimmed it and just post in here and advertise another tourney tho. haha

MVD

Smash Master
No no I read and its stupid,just go to zp lol that's really ALL that matters period

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmm I guess with that I'll probably jus take this thread down then. All this thread is being used for is just advertisements for other tournies. All i really wanted was to try to make this very unactive region of mine active again but, it is drilled to death now, and i cant bring it back with this.

ZP it is.

MVD

Smash Master
I'm down to go there again but like after zp lol make it two weeks after zp or some **** like that

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dew bro. honestly. zp all the way. bring sheikssbm and mix with u...maybe the occasional superwolf too ;)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm down to go there again but like after zp lol make it two weeks after zp or some **** like that

I can't host a tourney then because by then I will be back in gainesville. Maybe you could come up to a gville tourney in the future or something although I doubt it because it is a very long drive from there to miami so i understand. With that, c ya two at zp most likely.

gallax

Smash Hero
Soo heres how the car situation goes:

The ones with cars to drive people around UCF to tourneys(which means between us we drive everyone cuz the others dont have cars):
Gallax
Gindler
Gdx
Mink

Those who cant drive:Everyone else

Out of all our cars, mink is the only one with a car that can drive far distances.

Btw dew, ive tried to be on your side a lot but your an *** man. Chill out brah.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Nah, this has been rescheduled. The next smash tourney in naples will happen around xmas time, since that is when ill be back home from college.

I tried to have this tourney to revive the naples scene a bit more but I couldn't really get replies from miami which is what I needed as well as the conflicting date.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So its approaching xmas time and figured id post on here to let u guys know this is still a go.

Date is tbd. (I need to speak to chu dat when he will be here since he and his kirby will be here for sure :))

I'm thinking maybe like a friday b4 christmas or a friday b4 new years since obviously those saturdays are reserved for those holidays.

Edit: Oh and last time this ran very well, this time around, I have more set ups than before, so even with the set ups last time being ample, this time around ill have plenty of tvs, but u guys are free to bring tvs, u just wont be cut from door fee this time around.

Oh and im still thinking about how the price should be for this tourney. I'm thinking 5$ door fee, 5$ doubles, and either 5 or 10$ for singles.

And if i did do melee for this, i think i would run it on a different day since last time i wasn't able to hold a good melee tourney for those who showed up (although they did have fun, i just wanted to host a tourney for them for their drive's effort is all).

Top Bottom