• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TransCanada Tournament - Results

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Any trash talk/w/e I'm doing is all in jest. I'm trash and if I bad mouth anyone it's just for the fun of it. Hope I didn't piss anyone off >_>.

D

Deleted member

Nuclearape, are you the fellow Threadless enthusiast?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Good games yo!

I'll post shoutouts later, but ****. French people are fun, Toronto people are friendly, and ordering $73 of Mcdonalds is funny no matter how late.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Good job Shawn and Carl, 2nd in teams. That warehouse of stock never depletes! Good job to the West Coast! However, East Coast is definitely a serious threat now... we gotta train up or something!!

Did pkmvodka use Bowser to win the low tier tourney?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Too late now, but the real question is: why is there byes in the singles bracket...?

Oh-kay!

West Coast

Blunted_object10:
Eric, you totally caught me off-guard; I had no idea you had such an excellent Falco and if I ever have a Fox-infestation problem in my house, I'll know precisely the exterminator to call. Your victory over pkmvodka and the narrow defeat to Vwins were two of the proudest West Coast moments of the tourney.

NoobKing: In addition to not realizing what a good Falco he has, I also didn't know that you and Eric were brothers until I rolled in! Somehow, I never actually played a match against you; seems like Marco's was the place to be to be, after all. ;) Besides, I now feel obliged to owe you one of these fine Indonesian clove kreteks, so I'll have to make a B.C. trip in the semi-near future. I managed to swing a pretty good job a little while back, so travelling stupid-long distances is becoming more and more of a possibility every day.

SHWN: I think the confusion amongst the pool advancements and final Singles bracket probably screwed you and Carl a little bit harder than it did anyone else (unless you count the four people who somehow got replaced by Byes), so I sympathize with your lack of enthusiasm for long-distance travelling to future tournaments. I didn't get to see who ultimately eliminated you, but I hope it was a fair defeat rather than a silly mistake. Obviously, you know your abilities and your characters far better than I do, but I still think you would do just as well (if not better) bringing Samus to those Singles matches. Especially considering how many Falcos, Foxes, Marths and Falcons were pretty much dominating the floor in sheer numbers. I don't think I saw a single Samus main and you never know, sometimes a little switch can make all the difference when the whole crowd's only been playing against 4 or 5 characters all day. That's why I lost to Chet's Young Link...that, or he's just ten times better than me. :cool:

FalseFalco: Enjoy that jacket, Carl! I forgot to get it back from you (as you likely discovered), but it ended up being okay anyway. I was carrying a ******** amount of stuff for one backpack and it was a noticeable relief to have even one less article of clothing. As to the smashing, thanks for rescuing the West Coast crew from Luigi's headstrong inexperience. I suppose that was a group effort, but you're the only one that I was initially confident enough could take out multiple stock after I was ousted in the opening rounds!

RJM: Dude, aren't you a Luigi main? How come you didn't play in low tier?? *smacks head repeatedly on computer desk*

East Coast

ThatGuy:
Great to finally meet you, Joel; it's always a tremendous relief for me to meet people that I've only ever spoken to on the internet, ya know. It's just better communication overall, but your screen name is admittedly a very effective one to have displayed on a name tag! I enjoyed the quick couple of friendlies we had and hopefully my :newbie: Luigi play was at least....uhh...different from Vwins.

chesterr01: Hey, I'm just glad that you didn't 4-stock me in our Luigi ditto like I expected! But then again, greasy Italian *******s like Luigi don't get too many 4-stockings.:cool: Excellent playing overall, though, I was careful to observe a lot of your matches. I was really rootin' for Dr. Mario in the end there! And like I said, it's just a darn shame that Calgary's local smash community is largely comprised of a bunch of high school students who wouldn't know what to do with a decent set of rolling papers.

Vwins: Man, you just cleaned house this tourney! I thought everyone was joking about this so-called Quebec DI, but you're like a robot! Maybe I was hallucinating, but I have a vivid image of d-throwing your Fox and somehow having it land right-side up in front of me...stunning!

C 3: Didn't expect to encounter another Luigi main, but once again, I underestimated the number of overall smashers in the metropolitan Ontario area. I was happy to play the dittos with you because I don't get that chance very often. There are no Luigi mains anywhere on the West Coast (as far as I know)!

Fogel: Cameron, thanks for the company and the intuitive driving habits and observations! Now I can't come back west and say "**** East Coast drivers, they're all nubs!!" :) I did intend to join the frisbee party at one point but ended up not finding the time, alas...

RayneX: You have an excellent Fox, and that's not something I say to just anyone. After all, usually that means "Fox is an excellent character and you know how to play him," but no, you're better than Fox is and I think you'd probably mop the floor with every player in Alberta.

Kage:In accordance with the above, I can't believe how well you handled RayneX with that best Ganondorf in Canada of yours!! Holy lord, you were untouchably good with the king of evil! Certainly the most aggressive Ganondorf I've ever seen and boy, the results speak for themselves. I'm not sure how you ended up where you did in the brackets, but that just goes to show you what a strong level of competition there was overall.

Damax: As the sole representative of the Pro Impact Players, we weren't able to do the crew battle that you had proposed like a year ago, but considering how badly you worked me in the Crew bracket, I'm sure you know how it would've gone down. :psycho:

Lanowen: You couldn't have hoped for a much better tournament, Andy, thanks again for all the effort and for fielding the housing situation for me on Saturday. It saved me a few dollars and a whole lot of energy. Never got to play you (not even at your house, thanks to Melty Blood :laugh:) but I suspect that there will be an opportunity in the future. The most important thing was getting the tournament running smoothly and I thought it was outstanding. For future guests, I recommend the "deep freeze cot" location for sleeping at Andy's Motel!

Jarc: Congrats on working all the way up those brackets and eliminating Carl! I didn't expect you to finish 9th after we met in pools, but you obviously earned it. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for scary Jigglypuff players in the future!

WarrenThad: I have never in my life (or past lives, I expect) witnessed someone mash buttons with such intensity and such inexplicable effectiveness. You and the Calgarian smasher Kithkin would probably be an interesting match in that regard. You also managed to introduce me to such a traumatizing Japanese 2-D fighter that I will doubtlessly have nightmares about Wolf Crotch Man for weeks!

ToXn: Didn't expect to meet some of the SmashWiki-related people here either, great playing and talking to you. Didn't I have you in pools? I didn't 0-2 ya, did I??

"International Arrivals"

Kijitow:
Hehe, I'm going to assume that you're the loud Buffalo guy I played that was screaming "Yeah! ****ing rights!" at the top of your lungs as the parents of several smashers wandered around the gymnasium holding a toddler in pyjamas. :laugh: Yeah, a little discretion was probably in order, but I suppose no tournament would be complete without some rambunctious trashtalk!
Miguel: I hope you get to read this, Miguel! For those of you who didn't meet him, Miguel was actually from Mexico, which trumps ALL of our travel distances by a whole country. Thanks for teaming with me; there weren't too many people who had come alone, but we were two of them and managed to fair okay. I also enjoyed talking about the Mexican smash community with you and discussing some of those players like DynaDash and 1233. But on Day 2, you surprised me and a whole bunch of other people that I talked to later on by wrecking Jih and sending him to the loser's bracket right off the bat in two games! That speaks highly of your ability since you were coming into a totally foreign community with players that you knew nothing about. So odds are, you didn't even realize how well you were doing! Great job!

Everyone!
"and you guys never really did the EC vs WC thing?
COME TO BC, WE'LL HAVE LOTS OF FUN =D YOU CAN ALL OWN MY MARTH."
-- firexemblemxpryde
"Hope west coast doesn't choke and comes up with something similar before we're all playing brawl."
--WarrenThad

Oh and if you are serious about coming out west in the winter, WC will DEFINETLY make the proper arrangements to host the best tournament evar!
--NoobKing
So, does this interest anyone, by any chance...?

Pro Impact CCSC Championship

December ?? 2007 -At Melee's End...

Calgary, Alberta
Since October of last year, I have been hosting Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash in Calgary every couple of weeks and have spearheaded the creation of an active, living smash community out of virtually nothing. I've done so in a rather unique fashion, producing videos of the matches, video highlight reels of the events, retro-actively updated win-loss statistics, regional networking with other rural smash communities and even a Central Canada Smash Circuit, with an accompanying website at www.proimpact.ca.

The main reason that I've been putting so much effort into my local community (and the surrounding communities at large) is because Melee's days are now officially numbered. The dude at EB Games in Toronto told me December 13th was slated as a release date, and although I don't believe a word a video game store clerk tells me about release dates, I know it can't be that far off. This calendar year will be Melee's last hurrah, so I wanted to have an established community of real Melee players in preparation for the inevitable flood of Brawl players discovering the game for the first time.

The other reason I've been putting in all this effort is to have some sort of tangible evidence of what a well-organized, professional and thorough tournament I am capable of running. Everyone in Calgary knows what I do to host good smash tournaments, but it's not always easy to convince players who live on the other side of the country of the same thing.

Coming to Toronto allowed me to meet a few people and see what sort of overall nationwide interest there is for a larger tournament in the West to end the SSBM era. I'd hate to think that facet of my trip was wasted and I hope I can convince you that a tournament in Calgary is worth travelling to, despite not having had one here before.

But first, there's a couple things to determine and I'm open to suggestions as to how we can get the highest turnout possible:

Date:

Is December good? Probably. Thanks to holidays and all that, but if I'm wrong, let me know.

We can't exactly have it right on or closely beside Christmas Day and I don't know how your seasonal holidays work for those smashers still in school over in the East. In fact, I'm not even sure how that works over in B.C., so I'd appreciate feedback from everyone.

What You Can Expect:

Here's a few things that you can likely expect at a major tournament hosted by me:

• Videos - All of them. Uploaded to YouTube on request. We got a "ProImpactPlayers" Director account allowing us to upload videos longer than 10 minutes in length, too. You know...for those Peach/Samus matches!
  • DVD - Oh snap a DVD!! But with a DVD means cameras! We could film a few player interviews, a montage of tournament activity and of course, include the matches for a final SSBM memories disc that we can all show to our grandchildren.

• Smash 64 Bracket - I wouldn't dream of bidding farewell to Melee without having at least 2 stations of the original Super Smash Bros. available for tournament play. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to see how you fare against the best Melee players across the country in the game that started it all? Plus, I hear the 3rd best Smash 64 player in the world lives in Fort Saskatchewan of all places!
  • Comprehensive Housing & Registration - It is extremely important to me on a personal level that anyone who comes to an event that I organize gets treated fairly and has an enjoyable and stress-free time. Housing is one of the major difficulties in hosting a tournament and is often one of the biggest reasons some players stop travelling too far outside their cities. You can count on having a simple and easy registration process, as well as detailed one-on-one correspondence with me to help get you the best housing available for your travel situation. And your budget. But before I start sounding like a commercial here, the emphasis should be on the fact that if you plan to come to this tournament, I will know about it and I personally
    will make sure that your needs are met while you stay in Calgary.
  • Catering - The shape and form that the catering will take is highly dependent on attendance, but if there's enough interest, we might even have a menu! And a private chef! Don't believe me?? Well, it's true and that's what makes it extra-cool!
  • Award/Trophy Ceremony - How would you like a Smash Bros. trophy to go with that little Ziploc bag full of money? Well, we can get it done for this tournament.
  • Americans? - Organizing tournaments is a matter of chain-of-command and is really nothing more than a giant internet popularity contest. In May, Carl advertised his Edmonton tournament to primarily the Central Canada smashers and those from B.C. This stirred some interest from Washington players since they are indirectly connected. At TransCanada, Lanowen advertised to East Coast and West Coast Canada and, once enough people were confirmed to be going, managed to stir some interest from the Central Ohio Krew. In both cases, the U.S. crowd did not make it to the actual tournament, but they knew about it, and that's a start. But if I can advertise this across the whole Canadian smash community, maybe we can make some connections to those American smashers who might be up for travelling this winter. I've been able to do everything that I've done so far with the local community because I have pretty good public relations skills. Sometimes, presentation is everything. So if enough people support my idea for this tournament and some of the more unique elements proposed above, I think we would definitely get Washington, and frankly, even Ken and his SoCal army don't seem entirely out of the question. But if any of those lofty hopes are going to become a reality, I need the support of the Canadian community before anything.
So, any takers?

Melee is a very important game to me, even though I was never the best at it, and I think it deserves a bigger celebration than it would be getting anywhere else. It has affected all kinds of people on many different levels and I'm continually stunned by how many players share that common passion for the game.

Now...are there enough of them who aren't busy for a couple days this winter?

(P.S. Hehe...now you wanna talk about a top tier shoutout!)

Kijitow

Smash Cadet
Good call RJM. I think the initial frustration with the lack of it caused me to be a bit over the top towards the end. >_<

I'm still trying to steal your combo btw, cept I suck so I can't do it nearly as well as you. Luigi ftw. ^^;

D

Deleted member

It's time for my shoutoutszssasadsdasdasdasdasggfghfgjh

Alright, so first of all, big congratulations to Andy for hosting an amazing tournament. I've seen tournaments like that in Bach's videos, and I've always wanted to attend one. I can die happy.
Also, your parents and such are extremely nice. Thank them very much for me, as my parents would be much much much more annoyed to help, etc. So thank them, without them it wouldn't have been the same. Also, I saw some of your matches, good **** my man. You gotta tell me where this guy who mods Wiis are.. I might want in.

Daniel: What can I say man, we had our personal victories that day. It was a hell of a lot of fun, and you're a hell of a partner. Cottage will be so pro. We will continue to dominate Toronto and I think I'm good with that. Hot.

Hmm...

Kio: Good **** in crews man. Your falcon is getting sexier and sexier every time I see it. Let's play soon.

Nate: Haha, fun ****. It's fun chilling with you and just talking about stupid ****. Good job in crews again, and you almost had us in teams. That was scary.

Bernard: Crews was clutch. Thanks for being thurrrrr.

Charles: You entered ****, right? Good. I'm glad. Wipe that blood off your wrists and let's train.

Noah: We would have dominated Gosu had you been there. UGH.

GOSU

I had you ****ers! ARHGH!H!H!HHSGFKHGDKJFHGKJ! ****ing max with his ****ing ******y *** marth which is like totally noob and **** but I fell for his dumb noobery and aihgsdjfkhgkdjhfg. Point is, **** you max. <3. Whoever filmed that ****, upload it.

If you like, I'll translate into French. But I'll translate it in the way that you'd write English.:

Le maximum, vous avez clairement la clarté sur la clarté d'est une des seule une qui a un trop d'un fagot. Marth, qui est que pourrait vouloir prendre, toujours ne peut pas oublier de que pas fait pas ne peut pas le basculeur. Vous êtes un bâtard d'une mère et un porcelet et vous qui ne fait pas et ne veut pas aussi aimer l'espadon.

That was my Max impression. I hope you french fries like.

No Mercy: Daniel and I are just glad we beat you on Pokemon Stadium, where you pwnt us at STYD2. :) Ggs.

Carl: Dudeeeee. Your marth is scary. Falcos I can handle alright.. but not a marth like that. Holy hotdog.

Shawn: And holy crap your samus. my best friend's samus would piss her pants after seeing some of that **** you pulled.

Maybe it was your team combos or your mindgame of not banning a stage. Who knows.

Alls I know is, Poke Floats > you <3.

Jarc: Emo pictures when I'm about to sleepytime is lols. Good fagglypuff, and nice Counterpick to mushroom kingdom.

V: You're a big queer homobag as usual

Man how can I knock Bowden, he's so pro

V, be more like bowden

WarrenThad said:
delorted: we really need to play some time
Do I know you? Have we met? Who are you?

Brown Boys

You *****es are tall. Nuff said, good matches, I love you guys. Keep it tall.

Bam: of course u r ghey lol

Vwins

Smash Ace
I think a big smash tournament in canada with more than 120 players and with some good american players is only a dream. sry if I'm harsh, but I would prefer to pay a plane ticket to go to an american tourny where their is a guaranty of 150 people minimum, an higher competition level and pot that can actually pay my trip at least. If your tournament can satisfy all these conditions, I will come.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA "begin preparations for lord vwins"

good luck getting 150+ people at a canadian tournament, let alone making your money back. plane tix are too expensive nowadays.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I just got linked to this idea of a Calgary tournament, and I'd love for that to happen. I can help with organizing / housing if needed. =]

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
=P the west coast players knew that
a) there were not going to be 150 people minimum
b) there was not going to be a pot that could pay their trip
C) there weren't going to be high skilled american players

but they came nonetheless, didn't they? To each their own, I guess.

just saying, it would be awesome fun, guyz =D and this time you can play me!
and we'd have to pay for travel costs too.

who from east coast is going to 0C3? and evo?

note... we had Forward come up for a tournament with like.. 40 people. that was great fun.
who sayz yankees don't want to steal our moneyz?

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Hmm so BC's 3rd place PR comes in 4th versus the best of EC and almost takes out vwins...WC wins again! :p

ADAM you should have cheered louder and drowned out the massive EC cheers during vwins vs. Eric!!11111!

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
The tourney was prob the best tourney I've ever been too. It was very well organized. I wish I could have done better but meh. I've never seen so many good players at 1 place.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
what was the set score between eric and vwins? and thanks for getting videos, guys. It would have been a shame not to get some capturing done =D

and what's this gobbledygook about byes?

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
The tourney was prob the best tourney I've ever been too. It was very well organized. I wish I could have done better but meh. I've never seen so many good players at 1 place.
Well Vwins messed up in that set he can do WAY better. My point is the second place on PR ( me ) took out ur 3rd no problem.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
It's unfortunate that he didn't do way better =/ . He had almost everyone's support and everything though, didn't he? I wanna play vwins now! or at least see vids of him! He sounds like a cool guy with cool hair.

I haven't seen your PR in a while. =[

Is that 2nd in quebec? or 2nd in Beast Coast (lol i love it, but the initials are tainted as "BC") ?
because Eric is 3rd in BC, not 3rd in west coast.

You might remember that BC's pr#1 Hitsugaya went to the Edmonton tournament recently, and didn't lose a single tournament match.

Congrats though, I hear you have a friggin amazing Flaco. Yes, Flaco.

//edit: saw brackets. Epic matchups in the 2nd round of a 32 person tournament LOL =P
adam vs vwins? carl vs eric? shawn vs bam? lawlz.

Dice

Smash Lord
bam is technically 2nd best in EC canada, but the majority of good EC players are from Quebec. And I'm pretty sure vwins and bam could beat hitsugaya, they are way too good at this game >_>

Bam/Vwins - are you guys going to FC/OC this summer? We need you guys to show the americans that EC canada owns :p

Damax

Smash Lord
vwin wasn't playing good during the match, just like pkm did before him. Bam 2 or 3 stocked him easy, I can't recall much. 2nd place on east coast PR >>>>>>>>>>>>>> your 3rd place on west coast pr or BC I don't care

I'm talking about vwin vs blunted's match

funny fact, the two 7th place in singles are marths

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
bam is technically 2nd best in EC canada, but the majority of good EC players are from Quebec. And I'm pretty sure vwins and bam could beat hitsugaya, they are way too good at this game >_>
What you're saying is that Bam (2nd best in EC) beat british columbia's 3rd best player?

lolz, in BC, no one can really beat hitsugaya except for cowear, who happens to be ranked 2nd best.

but I suppose you EC players are special =) , and vwins and bam can beat anyone just because.
vwin wasn't playing good during the match, just like pkm did before him. Bam 2 or 3 stocked him easy, I can't recall much. 2nd place on east coast PR >>>>>>>>>>>>>> your 3rd place on west coast pr or BC I don't care

I'm talking about vwin vs blunted's match
vwins wasn't playing good? =[ . during the match? =[
what was the set score?

lol i'm pretty finished making these #3BC vs #2East coast comparisons. Results were as I expected, although I seriously expected Carl to do better.

It seems WC got owned 2nd round though, by both your best, and ours >.>

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I forgot some people:

DragonHawk: nice kirby, I shouldn't have taken my zelda against you g3
V2k2: I really should have taken my zelda against you g3

sorry mates.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Hmm so BC's 3rd place PR comes in 4th versus the best of EC and almost takes out vwins...WC wins again! :p

ADAM you should have cheered louder and drowned out the massive EC cheers during vwins vs. Eric!!11111!
I never played a more boring set in my life. Eric was spamming to death and I was impatient. I guess I'll come to a **** WC tournament to 2-3 stock your super peach player with marth.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
vwins teach me how to win against marth with peach as I seem to fail at that alot.

kay?

<3.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
How about, "They're all obviously excellent players; East Coast won this time around, no johns, it doesn't matter who's betterblahblahblahcantwealljustgetalong...?"

Silly, tsk tsk. If I just happened to meet somebody new randomly in my day to day life and he just happened to play smash, the last thing I would want to do is immediately illustrate how much better I am than he is. I mean come on guys, do we need to have this superiority complex about who's better all the time?

We spent a lot of time, effort and money to travel and attend the same tournament for the same game. EC/WC grudges are fun, but they should still be taken in stride and in jest. We are all a single community of smashers after all.

Vwins

Smash Ace
oh and I forgot to mention that the only moment in the tournament where my fox was playing well I took out 12 stock in the regular crew from adam, carl, eric and shawn with only 4 stock. WC is better than EC? lol.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hurd Lanowen screwed'd up the brackets in singles. Lanowen said he is sorry, he couldn't really do math at the time, my deepest apologies. :( :( :( :( ~ ): ): ): ): ): Those byes are infectious.

Vidoes might come sooner than expected, it seems like some tapes were hardly even half full, and I think most of one tape is actually a copy of another....tape business was pretty messy it seems.

I think GOSU vs west was recorded, not 100% at the moment.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Can't wait for vids.
Manuel why do you keep talking about me? They beat the WC fair and square. There top is better then our top, i've known this since 0c2.

I dont care much about this whole EC vs WC.
I will how ever say grats to Vwins for winning and destroying everyone in this tourney. I do hope I get to play you sometime since we didnt play at 0c2.

Just playing this game for fun and to meet other people not to be the best or anything.

I have also recently found out that there is or was a rumour going around the EC that I said you guys all sucked and were noobs. (If this is true) Don't know who spread it but I would like to assure you that this is not true.

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
You might remember that BC's pr#1 Hitsugaya went to the Edmonton tournament recently, and didn't lose a single tournament match.
Hitsugaya lost to me in a Falco ditto tournament match, but he took the set overall.
Hitsugaya also lost a set to SHWN I believe, and was sent to the losers bracket? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure SHWN never left the winners bracket. I just remember SHWN telling me that he beat Hitsugaya in a tourney set.

Point still remains that Hitsugaya is too good, and screw WC vs. EC, how about Canada vs. Everyone else.

YEAH DAS RIGHT.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Can't wait for vids.
Manuel why do you keep talking about me? They beat the WC fair and square. There top is better then our top, i've known this since 0c2.

I dont care much about this whole EC vs WC.
I will how ever say grats to Vwins for winning and destroying everyone in this tourney. I do hope I get to play you sometime since we didnt play at 0c2.

Just playing this game for fun and to meet other people not to be the best or anything.

I have also recently found out that there is or was a rumour going around the EC that I said you guys all sucked and were noobs. (If this is true) Don't know who spread it but I would like to assure you that this is not true.
thank you for your post I won't need to trashtalk anymore. We just need to wait for the vids now. I'm pretty sure that Gosu vs WC was recorded.

Top Bottom