• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
ah poop! darn it jet4 lol. it's ok, i still love you.

since you can't take me.... is there anyone else willing to drive me and 2 other SV guys to Devastation if i were to meet you in tucson???? i'm willing to pay gas money
maybe.

a new guy huh? i want to play him.

can someone do me a big favor and make a collective list of what changes need to be made to the rankings for the next time i have time and internet access? things like:

where this new guy moTT should be ranked
who beat who in challenge matches
who needs to be moved up or down
name changes
cross-streets

and anything else. that way i can just do it all at once next time i get on. thanks

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I will edit this post accordingly Chris, so keep your eyes peeled here.

where this new guy moTT should be ranked - Nicknyte's Opinion: 5,6,7. He Johns a lot, but his name is John, so I guess he created the word lol, but His Falcon is pretty sweet. I think My Weegee loves to misfire him though. Go fig.

who beat who in challenge matches: 2 challenges have occured

9 Nicknyte vs. 10 Cooper
3 - 0
Stays the same

13 Zungg vs. 14 Rusty
3 - 2
Stays the same

Cross streets:
Nicknyte- Prince and 1st
Ruby - Fairmount and Wilmot
Tommy - Between Tucson and Florence, Route 77
Ryan (who wants to be renamed Fail[serious]) Swan and Sunrise
Forrest - Mabel and Euclid

GO CIENEGA!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Wilmot and Fairmont. <- Me.

Me and Elvis think he should probably be ranked 6th. Elvis and I think he may be better than Spencer, and Enrique, but MoTT really needs to play against the two of them to really cement his ranking. Everyone from 5~9 are really close skill-wise, but with the exception of Kyle, Forrest ***** them pretty hard. Just about everyone in the 5~9 skill ranking will go even with eachother, and probably go even with me, since I pretty much rely on tech skill to win, so I'm not the most consistent player. My peak is just a little worse than Plenip, but my worse is below Rusty, so it's pretty funny.

Luke won 3-2. It wasn't recorded, since neither of them payed any attention to the record button, despite my explicitly telling them to do so. Alex was there to be challenged by Luke, but Alex's finger was all cut up from his job.

`EX

Smash Cadet
Chris change my name to `EX please. and my cross streets are speedway and kolbe.

moTT

Smash Cadet
@nicknyte

I guess I do john, but you have to give me credit, I call myself out when I **** something up and say "Man I'm dumb," or "Why did I try that stupid ****?" So it pretty much evens it out.. Right? I said stuff like that more than johning. :p And yeah, I know Ruby was having controller problems and all that, but I just wish you would have seen the friendlies (seriouslies) we had.. But anyway, Monday night can't come soon enough, I'll satisfy my craving of your weeji antics, I'm sure.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
GG7 is trash. He only put himself in the #1rank because it's his thread.

*Edit.*

I feel dirty. I spent all of last night practicing useless flashy tech skill. In my defense, it's hella fun playing alone with alone character, and even began to experiment with some cool Falco trixies on YS and BF.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
@nicknyte

I guess I do john, but you have to give me credit, I call myself out when I **** something up and say "Man I'm dumb," or "Why did I try that stupid ****?" So it pretty much evens it out.. Right? I said stuff like that more than johning. :p And yeah, I know Ruby was having controller problems and all that, but I just wish you would have seen the friendlies (seriouslies) we had.. But anyway, Monday night can't come soon enough, I'll satisfy my craving of your weeji antics, I'm sure.

:D You do very well. I give you your credit. You a boss player.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Jackie/All of Tucson for having me over! I really enjoyed it. Best part is that I got Melee! I will be back to play soon and to pick up the barwl trophy. FALCON/JIGGS!

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
good job Dook/Mike Green. Which name are you going to have on the trophy?

Was anyone else dissapointed when they shut the friendlies down early? I wanted to play a lot of other people.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
GTFO this is the melee thread! haha jk not really. "dookdigity" is going to be engraved. I was lightly disappointed but not because I was tired and I have driven almost 150 miles today.

New guy mott! You were leaving as me, Sean, and Spencer were pulling into the parking lot. I watched some of your matches versus Xander and approve of your Falcon sandbagginess. Your techchasing is pretty polished. You would be better if you spammed raptor boost less! Anyways, you seem good enough to play me or Xander for a spot on the rankings skipping everyone else haha.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
good tourney today good job mike, it was a pleasure meeting you and i hope your 20 min flight was smooth :p

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
all this melee stuff has gotten me in the mood, lets melee sometime soon someone

aicha lady someday youll be real

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
fridayslobster who were you at the tourney? are you that vince guy? or who?

mott i watched one of your matches and must say GOOD ****. wait til you see PLENIP!!!!!!!1 you'll **** yourself.

reverse falcon punch grab edge **** thing. GAME!

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I was the asian guy in brown courdouroys and played falco, from what i hear you were the one who had melee written all over ur face lol

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
This might have been a good event for spreading the word of Melee. Haha, we are like some jesus freaks, trying to spread the gospel.

moTT

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the feedback, guys. However, let me go over some things. 1) You guys are confusing me, and making me feel like my falcon is better than my marth, which I really don't think it is.. But now I don't ****ing know, rofl... More entertaining, yes.. But eh, anyway.

Also, GG7.. If we don't cross paths monday night at the smash fest whatever-you-wanna-call-it, then sure, I'll money match you. Are we going to do it round-robin style?

Edit: @ j4.. I knew I was gonna miss you guys, but I didn't know it was by so close, lol.. It sucks, because my GF had a meeting after work (she told me about it but I completely forgot), so I didn't realize I should've stayed for another hour.. until after I had already walked home. :(

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i believe it should be FoK, fan of knives, yo misfires

edit: oh yeah, i challenge all of you guys above me, in turn ofc, so rusty get ready to lose son!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
wait you guys are smashing tomorrow?

who is willing to me meet up with me somewhere to pick me up?

...and then take me home, since my mom doesn't work most of this week?

I WILL GIVE YOU GAS MONEY!!!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Haha that was Seans post up there :p.

But seriously Sean is right LOL. I had Melee written on my arms and did the sticker thing like Chris did. I should have written it on my face as well though ****.

Hmm new thoughts for myself would be as said before Nicknyte could/should be #3 imo. Also I would switch #1 and #2 now. Tommy you should get your friend Miles to play Melee lol. He seems alright at Brawl and he could be good at Melee maybe. **** you for living so far Tommy btw.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed this.

I don't really want to start from the bottom. But I guess I have to start somewhere. Someone tell me where Tucson plays.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
it doesn't mean you're at the bottom, it means you're unranked. get an easier way for us to contact you besides hoping you're on AIM so we can let you know when we're playing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My controller is completely broken, so I'm not playing any Melee, until I get my hands on a new controller.

I might not be going devastation, unless I get a controller.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Alright well I could PM you my number if that would help. So would I just play some people and be given a rank then?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
My controller is completely broken, so I'm not playing any Melee, until I get my hands on a new controller.

I might not be going devastation, unless I get a controller.
Borrow someone's controller for Devastation.

Don't controller john for skipping a tournament

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah, Xander, if you guys plan something Thursday I can bring some of those motherboards I told you about the other day.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
0. Forward (****)*
1. GamerGuitarist7 (Falcon /Falco)
2. Jetfour (Falcon/Marth/Random)
3. moTT (Marth)
4. Ruby (Falco/Fox)
5. Saetia-DTG (Peach)
6. 2021 (Falcon/Falco)
7. Spencer (Sheik/Falcon)
8. Kyle (Marth)
9. Shivknight (Fox)
10. Nicknyte (Luigi/Marth/Sucking)
11. Cooper (Sheik/Fox)
12. Tommy (Ganon/Sheik)
13. Rusty (Fox/Falco)
14. `EX (Ice Climbers/Sheik)
15. Ryan (Sheik/Falcon)
16. Zungg (Jigglypuff)
17. Piman (Marth)
18. Justin (Marth)
19. Cutmet (Falcon)
20. Jack (Mario/Falcon)
21. VashEXE (Marth/Falcon)**

should probably be the current line-up for PR.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Results for the RR:

Singles:

1. Forward (29-1)
2. GamerGuitarist7 (25-5)
3. Jetfour (21-9)
4. Spencer (19-11)
5. Fail (15-15)
6. MoTT (14-16)*
7. Rusty (11-19)
8. `EX (11-19)
9. Rubyiris (10-20)**
10 VashEXE (9-21)***
11. Zungg (1-29)****

*MoTT left early and recieved several automatic losses.
**My controller broke half-way through the tournament, and forfeited the rest of my matches.
***Every one of Vash's wins were from automatic wins
**** Zungg left early.

Doubles:

Plenip [GamerGuitarist7+Jerfour] (11-1)
Jackoff [Kyle+Forward] (9-3)
(BrownEye) [2021+Cooper] (6-6)
Chuckles the Ladybog [Fail+Rusty] (3-9)
anigaV [Spencer+VashEXE] (1-11)

Top Bottom