• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash SEVEN!!! February 13th. Featuring SMASH 64 tournament!

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol, Dan, you're the only one this rule is going to affect hardcore.

And not because you main Meta Knight.

You're SWF name is akin to DANGER, but you don't do anything dangerous...

You should change it to Campfer.
omg Dan PLEASE sign up as Campfr for TCS7 that would be among my favorite things anyone has ever done

Yeah, what George said. What if it's like the last 30 seconds of the game, and you just decide to time them out?
imo that would be pretty legitimate. If there's a minute left and you decide to camp/stall or whatever I think it should be legal

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you guys are acting as if this is really hard to identify.
its clear when someone is at the end of match and decided to time someone out and when someone is stalling a match in an illegal way.

when you time someone out, you are generally camping, not stalling.
and if theres 30 seconds left in a match, the word "stalling" doesn't even make sense, theres nothing to stall anymore, the match is virtually over.

guys don't bs me. you know very well when and if you are doing something that should DQ you. i've run six of these tournaments, and have never had to DQ anyone. its not like i'm some kind of rule nazi. everyone knows this. just come and play the game and don't stall. jesus why is this so hard to understand.

Dan I don't know if you don't understand me or what, but if "your camping game" is "ledge stalling for the majority of the match", then yeah, you should probably not enter this tournament. im pretty sure thats not your strategy, so i'm not even sure what you're talking about. if you're not planning on stalling your match, then you have nothing to worry about (fifth or sixth time i've said this) if your opponent is engaging you than the match will go on and you have nothing to worry about. the brawl community has turned planking into a stalling issue, so my rule assumes you are stalling if you refuse to get off the ledge even after your opponent has stopped engaging you. camping with metaknight and making characters approach you with metaknight is very easy without planking.

camping the ledge, and waiting to punish your opponent is not planking.

camping the ledge, and not engaging your opponent at all, just making yourself impossible to hit and not leaving the ledge, regardless of what your opponent is doing, thats probably planking. and that might get you dq'd

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
and you guys think im stupid?

there really is a difference between being stupid and being high.
i am just high 100% of the time :)
you guys are acting stupidz rite noiw.

man forreal dan. you are seriously not going to plank like 200 times are you? ive never seen you do it before. ive never seen you like glide under the stage 30 times in a row or something. there is a difference between playing this game gay ( the way its suppose to be played) and just being a douche.
you know you are not going to douche it up, dan.
i know you arent going to do that.
its really simple.
just dont infinite cape anyone :)

i sound like im always agreeing with janitor, but like, most the time i do.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont know why i typed all this stuff out lol its simple.

"camping the ledge, and not engaging your opponent at all, just making yourself impossible to hit and not leaving the ledge, regardless of what your opponent is doing, thats probably planking. and that might get you dq'd"

if you're not going to do ^this
then you have nothing to worry about.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
OH ANOTHER THING.

I don't expect everyone who wants to play smash 64 to have their own controller. So be nice about sharing controllers, and keep track of YOUR CONTROLLERS.

i suggest marking them or putting your name on it. and being aware of where it is at all times.

im probably going to try have snacks and drinks for sale at this tourney. dont worry itll be cheap

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
OH ANOTHER THING.

im probably going to try have snacks and drinks for sale at this tourney. dont worry itll be cheap
I might be able to bring some 12oz Cokes that if you want me too. I can bring around 60 and sell em for about $.75 a pop. Let me know what you think.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Man... a tourney right in my home town... Whats up with alabama these days. i have never seen so many tourneys going on here.

I would like to just come, and watch... play some friendlys. Meet some smashers where I live. Mabye bring a Brawl+ sd card for some freindlys? That cool? If it is then I will be bringing a TV, Wii, Controller, Surge protector, and my Brawl + sd card.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Man... a tourney right in my home town... Whats up with alabama these days. i have never seen so many tourneys going on here.

I would like to just come, and watch... play some friendlys. Meet some smashers where I live. Mabye bring a Brawl+ sd card for some freindlys? That cool? If it is then I will be bringing a TV, Wii, Controller, Surge protector, and my Brawl + sd card.
If you go and bring your own setup I don't think anyone would give you a hard time for just hanging out and meeting everyone :D

Especially if it's B+ :D

matt4300

Smash Ace
If you go and bring your own setup I don't think anyone would give you a hard time for just hanging out and meeting everyone :D

Especially if it's B+ :D
Sweet. If I can get off work that day I'll be there.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
SMASH 64 WOOOO!! OMGOMG im happy. Sheer! You need to come play, I've never met anyone I've played online before...besides moogle, but I met him before I played him so that doesn't count :p moogle's da best

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I might be able to bring some 12oz Cokes that if you want me too. I can bring around 60 and sell em for about $.75 a pop. Let me know what you think.
That's completely up to you. that would be nice though.

The only thing is this is located on campus, and I dont know how the University feels about people selling stuff on their campus.

If we keep it on the down low though it should be okay :-D

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion

The only thing is this is located on campus, and I dont know how the University feels about people selling stuff on their campus.

Will do. =D

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion

Also, one more thing:
Is there going to be a place for us to put our cooler that'll hold the drinks? Or will we need to keep it with us as we will be playing in the tournament? Just wondering about the lay out of the area we will be in.

Edit: Also any idea on how many people will show up? I would like a good idea to know how many drinks to bring.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Also, one more thing:
Is there going to be a place for us to put our cooler that'll hold the drinks? Or will we need to keep it with us as we will be playing in the tournament? Just wondering about the lay out of the area we will be in.

Edit: Also any idea on how many people will show up? I would like a good idea to know how many drinks to bring.
We'll just have to keep it with us, or keep an eye on it.
I was thinking of just writing a sign that says THESE ARE NOT FREE and hope that people will be honest enough not to steal when i'm not looking lol but yeah we'll have to keep an eye on it

i was looking for a cooler on which you could attach a lock of some sort, but i didnt find anything like that

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
May I please have my Jungle Japes? ;_;
ive always thought japes should be banned, and I figured I'd just go ahead and do it just to establish the precedent for later tournaments

i mean really I wish tournaments were smashville, fd, and battlefield only
but i dont want to be that guy lawl

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
You have it right T1J, YI is not a neutral IMO. I think there should be the 3 real neutrals FD, SV, BF; players play paper rock scissors and the winner of the paper rock scissors strikes first. I think YI is a CP. The ghost, shy guys, massive platform, and weird grooves in the stage alters matches.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
We'll just have to keep it with us, or keep an eye on it.
I was thinking of just writing a sign that says THESE ARE NOT FREE and hope that people will be honest enough not to steal when i'm not looking lol but yeah we'll have to keep an eye on it

i was looking for a cooler on which you could attach a lock of some sort, but i didnt find anything like that
That's cool. I've got a cooler that'll work. Let's just hope that none of our smash loyalists would steal from other smashers. =)

Any idea on the number of people?

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Because we Alabamaians would have to come down there and beat y'all. And we just don't have time for that. =D

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Hey theONEjanitor, would you mind if I advertised this tournament at my local used video game store? It's called Zone 1 Video Games in Helena. I haven't talked to the owner yet to see if she would let me do it. But she's really cool and I don't think she would care. But I wanted to get permission from you.

If you decide that I can, let me know what info you want me to post. Or I can just post this web address. Wish I had thought of this sooner. =P

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Go ahead and advertise wherever you want to advertise.

I meant to make a flyer for this but i didnt get around to it

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
NOTE: we will be running SWISS preliminary round, instead of normal pools as I usually do. because POOLS take forever.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
swiss is just a pain in the *** to run.

pools you just make all the pools and just hand out papers and let everyone do their thing.

in swiss you have to keep track of every single match

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Because we Alabamaians would have to come down there and beat y'all. And we just don't have time for that. =D
Not if Tommy G and I had our say >:[

Then again, Florida really doesn't give a **** about smash64 'xept for 2 people.

Top Bottom