• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tutorial: Editing Vertices! ~Gallery Updated (2/8/10)~

pokelover980

Smash Ace
*snip snip*

"Objest Refference not set to an instance of an object" Is what i get when i import it. And it messes up the next file real bad. Maybe it doesnt work with Final destanation?
Sometimes when you put it back in to the file you have to skip more than the 4 lines, I learned this while editing part of Ike (can't remember what part). Other than that, I don't really know :U

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Thank you so much for the guide!!!!

With it, I made my first vertices modification!!!

Here's a teaser:

Who would this be?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Midna Falcon!!

...no wait, I want another guess. I'd say Black Shadow. (If it is I'm totally downloading it).

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
...It definitely looks like arms are coming out of his head.

...Like... Domo or something.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Midna Falcon!!

...no wait, I want another guess. I'd say Black Shadow. (If it is I'm totally downloading it).
Then you're totally downloading it (when I release it... I might make a few fixes with his horns...)

owned645

Smash Cadet
If someone could take me through this step by step, I can make a video tutorial.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I tried opening the hexxed .3ds file in anim8tor, and it said it couldn't read the file. I'm almost positive I did everything correctly, but there wasn't an 11 after the paste like there was in the image. EDIT Das Donkey Team now has an awesome program that will do all necessary hexxing for you, just visit their site.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
g&w seems pretty easy to edit, he has 3d models for all of his pieces (separate head, body/legs, arms, and hands), but seeing the changes in brawlbox's model preview is kinda difficult, so it's guessing or doing faces...

i'm not sure how adding parts to his shape would end up looking like in brawl (if the outline works), but I suppose, if they do work, then you can basically make him look like anything pretty easily

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Edit: nvm. I'm dumb.

Anyway what exactly am I supposed to be getting rid of in the model on the first step for face? Vertices, polygons, or everything?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
What we really need is a better guide on how to get faces. Can you be a bit more in depth please, i cant get passed the first step coz it doesn't make any sense, when did we ever delete everything?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
What happened to Roy? :( I wanna put in sephiroth without having roy hair on him

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I am gonna wait for the next Brawlbox update when Vertice Hacking will be easier...or so I've been told.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Alright i know this thread is olllllddddd but im trying to vertex, i followed the video exactly but for some reason anything i do it turns out in brawl box a big vertex mess polygons stretching everywhere for an infinite distance! HALP! PLEASE!:c

Top Bottom