• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tutorial: Editing Vertices! ~Gallery Updated (2/8/10)~

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
no, it runs it alright, it just gets an error and doesn't finish...

EDIT: Finally got it to work using an unmodified PAC for TL

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and as for your problem, Poxag... You need to name the vertex file "test.bin". 1234 to 4321.exe seems to give me that error if the test.bin doesn't exist.
I dont think thats the problem, it works fine the first time I use 1234 to 4321 but when Im trying to use it again after Ive finished my editing it doesnt work. step 14 telles me to go in my new .3ds and go to the spot where I pasted in an earlier step "address 000000e0" and highlight the same amount and export it. I've been doing that and clicking export to hexdump and then saving it as test.bin after I do that it says to uses 1234 to 4321 and when I do that I get the error that I posted before?

I cant tell if you're telling me how to fix this or if ur telling me how to fix something else

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
The "5500" would be the hex for the amount of vertices in the polygon cluster. If it's 5500, then it would have 85 vertices. If it has 480 vertices, it'll be "E001". The hex digits go in reverse order.
I'm stuck on step 8 D:

K so do I always look for 55 00 or do i look for E0 01? how do i know what to look for? or is it in a specific spot and the 55 00 tells me how many rows i need to paste my code in? :S

and for the part you highlighted do you paste your other code over top of all that. or did you already paste it inbetween the 5500 and 11

sorry i'm a little slow, could someone help me out a bit

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
imported model and got this (faces invisible unless object is selected):

am I still on track to make faces work or have I messed up somewhere?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
RandomTBush, can I contact you through MSN?

And Poxag, I thought you meant for the first step. You can just extract the vertice you want to edit, rename it to test.bin, then use it to get your out.bin file.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
RandomTBush, can I contact you through MSN?

And Poxag, I thought you meant for the first step. You can just extract the vertice you want to edit, rename it to test.bin, then use it to get your out.bin file.
OK Im really sorry but Im just not getting what you're saying I should do, I feel like an idiot but ok, so what you are saying is that after I have edited my .3ds to look the way I want it. I then open that .3ds in a hex editor, go the address of the vertex I edited and then export that and name it test.bin? I am really confused now

I'm really going to need step by step instructions. when/where do I extract the vertice from, keep in mind that this is after I have finished editing the vertices. Im sorry but Im just not getting it

Well I figured out what the problem was, instead of just saving selection as I was exporting as hexdump, i dont kno wat that means but once I switched it worked fine

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Still on step 8 here, I couldn't find 5000 so i just guessed and put it inbetween 16 00 and 11. it didn't work ;-;

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey i saw your Viewtiful Joe in Brawl Model format, and could you rearrange Zero's Model to do the same?
That would help Eldrians PSA, and that would PWN soo bad.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
on step 8 am i supposed to find the spot where in the 3rd group of 00000e0 or the spot where there is 55 00 11?

EDIT: sigh..... I still can't get this to work, after I replace the mdlo in brawlbox with my new one it gives me a weird error message whenever I try to right click or preview the model, I Give up, I'll come back when somebody makes an automatic version or something

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Hey I was thinking.

I can barely use this tutorial yet, but if you taught me how to do it properly. Would it help people if I like did steps 1-8 for everyone and then for the rest of the steps label where to place everything and upload it all to a very user friendly directory available for download? It would be a long a tedious task but I need to waste time.

I could also make a video just in case people get stuck?

anyways, let me know.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Hey I was thinking.

I can barely use this tutorial yet, but if you taught me how to do it properly. Would it help people if I like did steps 1-8 for everyone and then for the rest of the steps label where to place everything and upload it all to a very user friendly directory available for download? It would be a long a tedious task but I need to waste time.

I could also make a video just in case people get stuck?

anyways, let me know.
could you please make a video for us? It would help alot, right now I cant even figure out what I'm doing wrong

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I've gotten Hare Hare Yukai, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Castlevania Judgement and Naruto models to load in Brawl Box, but I can only see the textures and palettes. I've tried changing the file's data in hex but I'm still getting to nowhere. RandomTBush, could you tell me what did you change exactly in hex? The closest I got was the textures and palettes to work.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
you can't import models.

not until another version of brawlbox, so check that or whatever

anyway, a more in-depth tutorial on faces, possibly a video, would be very much appreciated

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well I still haven't been successful yet, I got to the point of editing pikachus into looking like raichus, saved it but when i loaded it onto brawl it didnt show up :(

If someone teaches me how to use this properly I could make a video, or someone could make a video instead of teaching me. Either way is fine :D

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm having a little trouble with anim8or, it seems. I've done up to step 8. My 3ds file has 1192 vertices, so I copied in my data between A8 04 and 11 (1192 in hex is 4A8), so I don't think I messed up there. However, every time I try to load the 3ds in anim8or afterward, I get an error message saying "Can't seek." and then one saying "error reading file." I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
nvanfoewbvobaoe I feel like this could be made much much simpler... Also, updating the OP with fixes for allllll of the issues people are having would be nice :l.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
somebody wanna skype with me so i can share my screen and you can tell me what i'm doing wrong :D

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
sorry double post, my pm system isnt working. Could someone add me on msn or could we go to aib chat or something and you could walk me through this guide. I really would like to help other people but i cant if i dont know how :(

i'll be in the aib chat if anyone is willing: http://allisbrawl.com/chat.aspx?r=4

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I HAVE DONE IT, NOW BOW TO ME *****ES.

If we bow will you teach us how to do it? seriously somebody whos done this already please help clearify the directions, it's really obnoxious that I still cant do this

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I HAVE DONE IT, NOW BOW TO ME *****ES.

Hey wait a second, I thought you left :U

But I'll bow to you only after you bow to me......

which will be never, but I bow to you anyways because you're to awesome for words.

EDIT: I'll clarify things for you eventually if someone doesn't beat me to it, Poxag. I haven't worked with this to much, so I'm still trying to find ways to make every character work. I've found that some characters really screw up if you are off just by a value or two while you are copy-pasting everything, while some characters have only a few screw ups that aren't noticeable.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
If we bow will you teach us how to do it? seriously somebody whos done this already please help clearify the directions, it's really obnoxious that I still cant do this

I die a little every minute I cannot do this, i have tried and re-tried about 15 times now ;-;

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I am willing to help anybody who needs help, just add GokuSSJ15@live.com and I'll help you.

Also, Akari_Un, I have already thanked you on MSN and on my post. Isn't that enough?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I am willing to help anybody who needs help, just add GokuSSJ15@live.com and I'll help you.

Also, Akari_Un, I have already thanked you on MSN and on my post. Isn't that enough?
I sent you an email to see if you can help me, but yea if somebody made a video tutorial that would be awesome I have no idea what I'm doing wrong now, even when I just tried to export it and not edit it at all and put it back in I got an error

Edit: crap right after I post this it shows me that you posted not to email to that account

Edit Again: ok now I sent an email to the right address

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, let's do something.

I'll create a IRC Channel for anybody who seeks help.

Go on http://esper.net/pjirc , then when it loads, type your nickname and in the chat box, type /join VerticesHelp

I'll be there.

Edit: Guys, just go on that channel. I'm still receiving emails on the account I said I don't use, so just go on the channel I gave.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well, let's do something.

I'll create a IRC Channel for anybody who seeks help.

Go on http://esper.net/pjirc , then when it loads, type your nickname and in the chat box, type /join VerticesHelp

I'll be there.

Edit: Guys, just go on that channel. I'm still receiving emails on the account I said I don't use, so just go on the channel I gave.
fffffffffffff IRC dosnt work on my computer :( could you try xat or maybe skype? or what ever aib chat uses. ;-; the internet here sucks!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, Poxag, and just come back, I was AFK, you didn't even stay for a minute, lol.

Top Bottom