• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@MOD: Did you make any mod errors this game that may unfairly effect the outcome of the game?

If Nabe really DID make a mod error, then I believe that it's only fair for him to tell us. I'm expecting him to either say though that he did not make any errors as such or that he can not confirm. Either way will still look damning for PJB.

@Kantrip: Here's the explanation for OS: He's probably not mafia because he was shot by the mafia Night 1. The reason you can't find an explanation for him still being scum Kantrip is becuase one doesn't exist. You just really don't like his play.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Since I'll be dead toMorrow, I'll find their partner(s) now instead of waiting since I've lost that luxury.

@Swords: If you'd like I can try targeting Overswarm toNight, with you targeting me again? I'm not sure if poison will prevent me from using an action or not.... Either way, I'm going to go over his play again, look for connections to Kary/Joker, and try to think of an explanation for what happened N1. If mafia uses poison, that means OS was poisoned N1, right?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
aight there is way too much **** going on. beginning to think my role may be bogus if kanty did visit me, because it looks like the only alternative is kanty being scum, which makes his J vote yesterday hella weird. regardless, don't like his play today, too rushed. but whatever.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Agh you may be right about Overswarm. Things are looking like Joker/Kary/Circus.

@Overswarm: Did you try to shoot last Night? If not, why not?

6 presents.

BRB, Le Bat, J, <mafia>, <mafia>, <mafia>.

Ran becomes scum later. BRB can keep recruiting when his kills fail. So there are more scum in the game, but it started with 6 for 6 presents.

Waiting on Circus explaining his Night Actions and JTB coming in and saying stuff. The last scum is between them.

Kary -> Joker (if OS can shoot that would be wonderful) -> Circus -> JTB -> Overswarm

That should wrap up the game. I've got to go out now, but I'll be around tomorrow evening hopefully before my hectic last week of school before winter break. Peace.

#HBC | Dancer

Kanty I agree with you that we should look for connections toDay.

However, I can pretty much already tell you that if there IS a connection between OS and PJB/Kary, what it is.

PJB is possibly connected to OS because he knew what a strongman was (courtesy of J). Personally I think that this is a weak connection though and wouldn't lynch OS based off of it.

Kary is possibly connected to OS because of how he joined the Chuckie wagon over the OS Day 2 for weak reasoning. Also, his constant tunneling of OS DESPITE my "innocent" on him. Also, I don't remember OS's interactions with Kary but I don't think that he has been interacting with Kary all that much, which I would consider odd since Kary has been attacking him a bunch.

Stronger connection, but still not enough to sell me. I will think about it more though.

Since you're dead toNight Kanty you might as well try OS IMO.

I don't think Circus is scum after what happened yesterday. I'll let him speak for himself but I'm pretty sure that I already know what he's going to say.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I like how I have all these "scummy connections" that aren't real, and they keep popping up whenever somebody feels like pointing their finger at me, but then they dissappear if it doesn't fit into whatever scumteam is being proposed.

No really, the strongman connection between me and OS is truly compelling. Tell me more about why me not being as ignorant as you all thought means I must be scum with OS.

I mean seriously, **** this ****. I can't believe this is even being discussed a second time. Go read my first game. Newbie 20, MLP mafia. I had never played before, and I had a ****load of knowledge about the game without being taught. I'm just ****ing smart like that.

#HBC | Dancer

Hmmmmm

Actually, I am running some paranoid scenarios in my my head that pins OS as an aspect AND lines up with most of everything that has happened.

Imagine this: mafia is composed of a strongman, a poisoner, and something else. These people are PJB, OS, and Kary. Os is the strongman. Night 1, he killed Kantrip (for whatever reason), Ryker's hydra targeted him but he was protected by Raz, thus he was converted, and Soup shot Le. This would explain why Kary has been at OS's threat so much this entire game, and why OS has been trying to swing this ******** paranoia onto my slot. It also lines up with why he's been so reluctant to shoot (because he can't). His explanation for why he doesn't want to shoot (because he'll lose his vote) seems a bit wonky. Like, it's a really weird disadvantage to have.

One final thing. Why, the, F**K would town need a strongman? In this set up, it seems like mafia would benefit HUGELY from having a strongman, while the town? Eh, the town having a strongman just seems gimmicky. The town this game is seeming a bit OP with all the investigatives and protects, especially considering that supposedly the mafia is apparently limited to poison.

There things that don't line up with this though:

1. I can't really decide if OS would really make just a huge fake case against the inquisitor if he was converted.
2. It doesn't explain why Kary didn't just immediately attack OS Day 2 if OS was converted out of the mafia. Like, wouldn't the mafia want to attack him pronto? Also, I can't remember PJB saying a word about OS, besides from calling him town, so yeah.
3. It leaves a supposed poison kill that failed Night 1 for whatever reason.

#HBC | Dancer

myself said:
Personally I think that this is a weak connection though and wouldn't lynch OS based off of it.
PJB you need to take a chill pill. You've been incredibly anal this entire game, save Day 1.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've been anal about shooting down all the bull**** mudslinging against my slot? You're damn right. I'm not about to get mislynched for crap that doesn't make sense.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'd think that there was no damning evidence against me, because there's not. The closest thing you have to evidence is the gender discrepancy with my role PMs, and that is because of the mod. If the mod refuses to clear that up, then there's really nothing I can say about that.

The fact that I'm constantly the target of noobie *** callouts is more than a little frustrating, and it's pretty much the only thing putting me higher on people's scumlists than people like JTB right now.

#HBC | Dancer

The closest thing you have to evidence is the gender discrepancy with my role PMs, and that is because of the mod. If the mod refuses to clear that up, then there's really nothing I can say about that.
You make it sound trivial, but it's kind of a big thing.

I might of actually been willing to pass off you calling yourself a male as a "paraphrase," but it's when you said that Nabe told you that you were a male that just makes me doubt it entirely. Like, there's no reason to think that Nabe would do that on purpose, and I highly doubt that he made a mistake, but I guess we'll see.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Nah man, I said my PM says Amnesiac Male, because it does. It's probably why I said paraphrased using the word "man" in the first place, and it's not my fault it's backwards. If I was scum, why wouldn't I just lie about it? Why wouldn't my scummates tell me "hey, you should definitely lie about that".

I'm not saying "lol, it makes sense for Nabe to mix up my gender", because mistakes never make sense. That's why they're "mistakes".

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm here now. This seems pretty obvious. If anyone needs anything from me, just ask.

Also, I want to make a note here that I'm so glad you guys lynched J in the end for a couple reasons. I believed the hell out of Ran's claim and for Ran to just change alignment like that actually makes a lot of sense in hindsight; he was so obvious Town up until yesterDay when he was lurking/not talking a lot...but even still it just seemed impossible for him to have swapped his role like that. Everything dictated that he was legit up until that point and it was just way too damning of the Circus slot in my eyes...that's some unparalleled whackness in terms of mechanics right there. But you guys literally touched the untouchable, broke the unbreakable, and figured that shiz out. Seriously some impressive kudos right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

Like, this was some insane shiz. Town didn't just bite the bullet and kill off Circus when he was pretty much damned by Ran/J's claim. I'm seriously impressed by that. L LAWLIET STATUS RIGHT THERE. Anyway...

Sword, talk to me about why we should side with Kantrip over Kary a bit. I'm leaning on Kantrip being legit mostly because there were a couple things I didn't like about Kary yesterDay (seemed to be a lot more lenient of J, kinda seemed like he fed J that "potential" answer and Kary was aiming for OS when OS was in good shape because of Sword's claim.) Also Kary had Circus as a priority over J but I'm not exactly sure why he felt that way.)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Then again, Kantrip was trying to get a "better safe than sorry" thing going on for the Circus slot...see where I'm going with this? Was Kantrip's switch legit to J from Circus or do we have a potential problem laying in store for us?

#HBC | Dancer

Because I can confirm that I actually did get a note saying that Kary is mafia, which Kantrip is claiming responsibility for. Plus, he got targeted by a kill last Night. Plus, he already flipped town. I seriously mean no offense when I say this, but it really is seeming kinda obvious to me right now. I don't know how I could draw any other conclusion outside of extreme paranoia.

Like, literally everything points to Kantrip being town. Even if J recruited him as indy (which I doubt) he'll still need to scumhunt so yeah.

#HBC | Dancer

BarDull you've been off lately, are you really town?

I mean, you're leaning towards Kantrip because? Because you don't like some things Kary did? That seems like a very trivial reason to take a side here. What about all the super legit reasons that have already been stated in thread?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I defo need to read up still, I just remember feeling like Kantrip was pretty genuine in his interactions yesterDay and I have more reason to lean against Kary for the time being outside of the claimed guilty.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
BTW Swords I literally have no qualms with being checked out (even though I can't actually be investigated because I'm Ascetic). I have not lied about my role or related mechanics and will answer pretty much any questions directed at me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Got back earlier than expected and I'm not falling asleep.

Bardull, you should read everything we have against Kary. Read how I pinned him with the order I got people to claim things in. I think you can see a pretty clear thought process coming into this Day. Then there's how Swords and I confirm each other's visits pretty well.

@Swords: What you say wrt Overswarm actually makes a lot of sense. He shot me as mafia strongman, Inquisitor shot at him but he was protected and got recruited, and soup shot Le Bat. When the scum lost its strongman, they became limited to poison kills. Strongman makes a lot of sense, as you say, because of all of Town's protectives running around. The protectives are helpful to make the Inquisitor role recruit, but scum is balanced by having a strongman (until they lose their strongman and gain poison).

Changing lynch order to Kary -> Overswarm

Overswarm needs to shoot Joker toNight in order to move himself from this position. Failure to shoot Joker toNight will mean his lynch toMorrow.

Jdietz was the one who discovered and outed the true theme D1, right?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nah man, I said my PM says Amnesiac Male, because it does. It's probably why I said paraphrased using the word "man" in the first place, and it's not my fault it's backwards. If I was scum, why wouldn't I just lie about it? Why wouldn't my scummates tell me "hey, you should definitely lie about that".

I'm not saying "lol, it makes sense for Nabe to mix up my gender", because mistakes never make sense. That's why they're "mistakes".
EWWWWWWW. This. Is. Gross.

"probably" and the surrounding sentence reeks of lies.

the WIFOM and "if I were ____ why didn't I ____" bull**** is nasty.

It was a slip that he played off really badly, and now he's trying to play his bad play off badly.

Still Kary -> [Overswarm shoots Joker] -> Overswarm -> [Joker if Overswarm failed to shoot him]

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kary being all over trying to lynch OS all game now makes so much sense. Not much needs to be said about him. He was a question mark so I decided to investigate him to check his claimed self-watcher ability and to get a result on him. I feel super comfortable with Swords after he got the guilty for me. And Kary claimed no one targeted him and yet I definitely did, which is super confirmed by both the MOD and by Sworddancer.

I haven't read Joker's play, but if it's as filled with **** as the post I quoted in my last post he should have been gone a long time ago. I just see him flipping out at everyone who ever casts suspicion on him. His claim is bad (Bardull you even said you felt like his claim was fake), and he has the gender confusion (teehee) working against him now too.

Overswarm spent much and more of his time indy hunting and speculating and sitting fences and orchestrating mislynches. He got investigated and was found to have the 'Strongman' characteristic. This forced him into claiming a role with this quality (I am actually really mad at how Ran played that out. He could have gotten OS to claim in a way that didn't flat-out say 'I know you are a Strongman' and then he could have called him out for lying. Instead he gave him room to wiggle out). He liked to not pick sides in major issues (his fence sitting in the J vs Circus makes sense because he knew neither were mafia aligned which would obviously influence his behaviour), and he liked to discredit things without actually stating he found them to be wrong. All in all, his play has been absolutely terrible, and there is no townie excuse for it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
well, the only thing that still makes me go "o.O" wrt jokerscum was joker's vote on J and not circus yesterDay. idk if scum would have necessarily been able to win though going into d6 with a circus lynch.

still haven't read yet, but i'll get to it when i can kantrip

Overswarm

is laughing at you
V/LA for a bit

I should hopefully be back later but some real life stuff came up that won't allow me to devote my full attention to this game. I apologize for this, but some things are way more important than mafia. I should hopefully be back by the end of the Day.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok well I contacted Nabe in private, and he admits that he screwed up my initial PM. He won't confirm my gender in thread or anything like that, but he said if I want him to, he'll announce that he made a boo boo. We'll be hearing from him again on the subject, at some point.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hey, guys. I logged in just long enough to get my NA's and skim some ****.

I decided to investigate Kary last Night because he had been an itch I'd been wanting to scratch for while and J's flip (another recruiting role?!) had made me wary of listening to Kantrip.

My results were that Kary is a female who does not go to Yasogami High School. I'm not sure if that fits with Kary's claim or not yet because I don't remember what he claimed, but it sounds like Kary's claiming that no one visited him last Night, which is a flat out lie.

I can tell I'm definitely going to need to do some rereading.

Also, I really ****ing thought I had Jscum yesterday (which we technically did, but not the way I thought). THIS. ****ING. GAME.

I'll get more into this in a bit when I get a chance to really read the thread and organize my thoughts, but I think it goes without saying that we need to start planning out our final moves here. Kary's looking like a good option toDay already, but I encourage everyone to chill for a second and read before anybody casts a vote.

Kantrip, can you tell me what your plan was when you asked me to target you yesterDay? Maybe you've already answered this; I haven't read thoroughly yet. I just want to know what the strategy was.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Wait, I read a little more and I think I get it.

Sorry, I didn't target you, Kanty. J's flip made me paranoid that you came back as a bomb or PGO or some ****. But if Swords saw a kill attempt on you, I'm pretty much willing to take that as a clear.

So Swords straight up got a PM from Nabe saying Kary is scum? What was the wording there (without quoting obviously)? Like, did he say Kary is "mafia?" Or "not town?" Or what?

#HBC | Dancer

Wait, I read a little more and I think I get it.

Sorry, I didn't target you, Kanty. J's flip made me paranoid that you came back as a bomb or PGO or some ****. But if Swords saw a kill attempt on you, I'm pretty much willing to take that as a clear.

So Swords straight up got a PM from Nabe saying Kary is scum? What was the wording there (without quoting obviously)? Like, did he say Kary is "mafia?" Or "not town?" Or what?
I targeted Kantrip. Nabe gave me my results, and in the same post he told me that I received a note saying that "Kary is mafia." The note did not come in a separate PM. The note specifically said that Kary is mafia.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I figured that J/Ran were part of the mafia team on the premise that they kinda forced a "you or me" situation with the counter claiming...I feel like they could have played it better unless they were counting on Circus flipping scum? I mean, they were kinda screwed if they weren't a part of a 4 man team in the event that Circus got lynched anyway. Eh. If we assume they weren't a part of the main mafioso faction though then that opens up more possibilities for how NAs went down.

On other news, I'm going to be super busy today because I'm helping host a party at my place. GINGERBREAD HOUSE MAKING :D + food/drinks/maybe smash and what not. I'll get to this game tomorrow.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Not much has changed since my last moping session. There's 3-4 scum, poisoner is still alive, and someone could possibly change alignments.

So far:

Sword targets Kantrip, only himself and poisoner targets him.

Kary says no one targeted him last night.

Kantrip claims consulting cop, results of who he targets go to whomever targets him. Sword claims a mafia result on Kary.

What has Kary claimed?

#HBC | Dancer

Nope. Being suspicious of you was only appropriate given the situation. How could I have guessed that the mod made a mistake?

Besides, it was I who suggested bringing the mod into this. If anything PJB, you need to be thanking me. :embarrass:

Anyways, you're not deffo scum anymore, which means that I actually have to read to look for connections for Kary now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
And by super defensive, I mean super defensive all game. Or maybe you're just being passive aggressive or something. IDFK. But it's not good play.

Top Bottom