• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twins Magic Trick Thread! Apex updates now in!!!!

Geist

Smash Master
My little brother's really been into magic for the past 3 years or so, he's gotten pretty damn good. It's funny recognizing all the techniques he does in your videos. He's into tricks with card flourishes, false cuts and double lifts, and does this kick-*** version of 3-card monty.

Do you guys know how to do the clip shift? It's one of the coolest moves ever.

EDIT: it's also funny, his inspiration comes from Dan and Dave, who are also twin magicians. You've probably heard about them :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya we love Dan and Dave.

And ya I know what the clip shift is :) I am not much for flourishes to be honest. I think they look cool but I am more of the more magic less flash type of guy hahaha.

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah I know what you mean. To me though, the clip shift is a trick within itself. I mean, even in terms of forces, nothing really gets that ._. factor as quickly haha.
I think it would be epic to have a 'magic-off' at a tournament lmao

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah I know what you mean. To me though, the clip shift is a trick within itself. I mean, even in terms of forces, nothing really gets that ._. factor as quickly haha.
I am 100% for this happening

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol if your bro has been doing this stuff for 3 years then he very well may win :)

I am all for competition tho hahaha. I just need to scrape some rust off and start practicing again lol. I have been lazy and kinda focusing more on other stuff. but before any tourney I tend to practice alot to get good at my tricks again so ya lol.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol well it depends on if it's a friendly magic competition or a serious cut throat one lol.

I prefer the fun one but if it is cut throat go for gold competitions, then I may have to saw someone in half and turn BOSS into a beautiful woman! Can't beat that can ya ;)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
As you can see I am fond of learning different kinds of magic tricks, specially the classical card tricks. And this is a fair decision they will teach you some magic tricks. Can somebody tell me, is Levitation really true? This is the magic trick I would like to learn, or letting the coin walk into all your finger.
If you really want to know, just message me and I'll tell you. However my bro and I don't reveal tricks really. We'll teach a few things to those who are interested in getting started in magic and actually want to give it an honest shot. Levitation I don't mind discussing, but card tricks we won't unless it's in person or you have a convincing argument haha :D

And a magic off huh? Dang it is time to scrape the rust off and select my handful of tricks to have ready lol.

I happen to like flourishes, I just don't practice them as often as I do actual tricks. but I'll gladly get a few down so we can get a recording of your brother and myself doing some Dan and Dave stuff :D

Are you guys going to Genesis 2? if so, then sure, it's on :D
Could be fun haha

Geist

Smash Master
I should be at genesis 2, but my brother can't attend OoC tourneys because he's only 15.
A magic-off with just me would be horrible lmao, I only know how everything works. I'm useless with the actual stuff.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
haha it's like my best friend. He knows how to do an elmsley like a champ, but other than that he only knows how it works but not how to fully do it himself (not practiced if you would).

Every person who practices magic needs someone like that though. If you can do a magic trick on them that even they are stumped on or couldn't see every move done, then you can do it well enough to perform on strangers.

Question: does your brother still shake when performing? That happens to everybody (even us) when they first start. I can talk and do anything in front of hundreds of people just fine, but when they're starring at your hands with intent to watch you mess up, it makes you nervous lol. Even when I'm not nervous it used to happen, never knew why.

Geist

Smash Master
No, he used to get all nervous, but he performs publicly at school on a regular basis, and works up quite a crowd. He's probably still anxious with a lot of people but not to the point where he's shaking anymore.
And yeah I'm a bit like his coach lol. I've always had a really sharp eye when it comes to misdirection, so I'm always giving him performance tips, and sometimes I create new routines or for him to try.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'ma meet you in person next year or sometime when I'm in college, Twin_A / Tw1n. I swear. I'm going to assume that I'll get back into Melee and stuff next year at college, so. :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Please do Tery!!!! That'd be awesome.

And geist. That is great that you help your bro lol. I never shake while perfroming for a handful of people. but if I am surrounded then I get nervous because I now it is really easy to see through magic tricks when you are behind them lol.
If you make it to Gen2, please be sure to find us man. I'm always happy to meet people who like magic as well lol.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Do it! Or go to genesis 2 in Nor Cal in July :D

We'll meet up sometime. I've already met Grinning_Ghoul in person and we text all the time. Now I just need to meet you, Nos, and Alanna haha
I'll be in Hong Kong all summer until I get back in August, so.
How's Grinning_Ghoul doing? Say "Hi!" to him for me, will ya?

tw1n

Smash Champion
GG is doing well. Just living it up in Texas lol.

Hong Kong?! Come back to America early haha. Seriously tho, I want to go to China at least once in my life.

Top Bottom