• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Two Sides of the Same Coin - Pit/ Dark Pit Meta Game Discussion

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I'd rewatch those, but seeing the guy lose twice times was too much the first time.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It was quite painful to watch. I am grateful he did actually stream for us though. He also played Dark Pit a bit later on in Classic Mode so I hope someone uploads that footage somewhere.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It was quite painful to watch. I am grateful he did actually stream for us though. He also played Dark Pit a bit later on in Classic Mode so I hope someone uploads that footage somewhere.
Hm, wish I would of stuck around. Then again, it probably would of been an infinite stream of Electroshock Arm spam...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Really? His staff is his Final Smash? I'm pretty sure you can get cannons in Uprising and there's those mechs you can pilot. Why not those?!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Really? His staff is his Final Smash? I'm pretty sure you can get cannons in Uprising and there's those mechs you can pilot. Why not those?!
My guess for the mechs probably be Dark Pit never actually makes use of them. As for why they picked the Dark Pit Staff over the EZ Cannon, probably because he's Dark Pit so he should probably use the weapon with his name on it.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
So Pit and Dark Pit have similar moves with different properties?

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
So Pit and Dark Pit have similar moves with different properties?
Pretty much.

As for the orbitars, Dark Pit has the same orbitars but I couldn't tell if they did anything differently.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My guess for the mechs probably be Dark Pit never actually makes use of them. As for why they picked the Dark Pit Staff over the EZ Cannon, probably because he's Dark Pit so he should probably use the weapon with his name on it.
I'm just disappointed and confused why his poster shows the staff, but he doesn't use it aside for his Final Smash. Dark Pit could have used the staff for smashes and normals, while his specials used the Silver Bow for Neutral Special and whatever else weapons Pit isn't using for Down, Side, and even Up Special. His Final Smash involving the staff wouldn't seem like a knock-off then.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm just disappointed and confused why his poster shows the staff, but he doesn't use it aside for his Final Smash. Dark Pit could have used the staff for smashes and normals, while his specials used the Silver Bow for Neutral Special and whatever else weapons Pit isn't using for Down, Side, and even Up Special. His Final Smash involving the staff wouldn't seem like a knock-off then.
I agree with that. Having the weapon in the render and then almost never using it is really weird. I'd even go so far as to say he doesn't even need the bow at all. Almost all of Pit's bow moves could have been recreated with the staff. They might have considered that too much work though.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I agree with that. Having the weapon in the render and then almost never using it is really weird. I'd even go so far as to say he doesn't even need the bow at all. Almost all of Pit's bow moves could have been recreated with the staff. They might have considered that too much work though.
Too much work, my mustache. Delay the game then! I'd rather wait and have something cool.

This can be argued with Lucina too who could at the very least had her battle stance from Awakening. I suggest that she keeps Marth's move set while Marth gains a new, fencing-orientated move set since his combat focuses on tippers and what's an easy way to do that? Oh, yeah, fight like a fencer.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm not the only one who's noticed the DP Staff was redesigned, right? What's purple now was originally grey, and the sight is a jagged bit instead of this floating globe thing from before.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not the only one who's noticed the DP Staff was redesigned, right? What's purple now was originally grey, and the sight is a jagged bit instead of this floating globe thing from before.
Like I said, Pittoo's tryin' ta' be all edgy and anti-like. Also, didn't you get the memo? Purple is the new black, :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
100% sure.

His Up-B is the same as pits visually.

His B is a Dark Arrow.

His Side-Special seems to be the same with a different dash arm.

Down-B he is using Orbitals.

His Final Smash uses his Sniper Skillz.

Ok wow snake fans are going to be double ticked off about dark pit then

Thatsounds a lot like snakes final smash

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ok wow snake fans are going to be double ticked off about dark pit then

Thatsounds a lot like snakes final smash
SSB4 Zero Suit Samus already has a Final Smash like Snake's and someone mentioned Mii Gunner having something similar to Snake. It's a stretch considering multiple characters share multiple moves like tons of characters have a flying sidekick.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
This can be argued with Lucina too who could at the very least had her battle stance from Awakening. I suggest that she keeps Marth's move set while Marth gains a new, fencing-orientated move set since his combat focuses on tippers and what's an easy way to do that? Oh, yeah, fight like a fencer.
That would actually make a lot of sense for Marth considering that he's the only unit that can use Rapiers in Shadow Dragon.

Did not notice the staff redesign, I'll have to take a closer look at it : O

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That would actually make a lot of sense for Marth considering that he's the only unit that can use Rapiers in Shadow Dragon.

Did not notice the staff redesign, I'll have to take a closer look at it : O
All Lords can use rapiers in Fire Emblem, I think, since there are exceptions like Hector being a Lord who uses axes and Ephraim who uses spears, and Ike's initial weapon in Path of Radiance functions like the rapier.

Considering Marth's style in SSB and the tipper mechanic it makes sense for him to be a fencer. If anything, Eirika should be Marth's clone since she's a fencer in her own game - Eirika's animations are based mostly on thrusts and stabs like a fencer would be doing.

Funny enough, Lucina (and Owain, but it's not seen due to game design) supposedly shares Chrom's fighting style since Chrom mentions the way Lucina fights and the way she holds her sword. Chrom in Awakening was more of a slasher than stabber. He was more like Ike than Marth. Same thing with Lucina, but she's a bit more graceful compared to her dad. Anyway, that's off topic since this is Pittoo's pad.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Yushako just went through Dark Pit's moves on stream.

One of his taunts has him spin the bow towards the camera and he say "Ikuzo"
Another taunt was he splits the bow, has one of the blades rest on his shoulder and points the other one away from him and says "Katekoi" Apologies if I spelled those wrong. I forgot what the third one was. Overall they were all pretty cool.

His Final Smash is just the Light Arrow but with a Dark Pit Staff instead. The camera zooms in on the person hit and everything.
Regular Arrow does seems faster to me but he didn't directly compare them to Pit's so can't be certain. He did not change there direction at all but I also don't know if he even tried too.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What Orbitars does Dark Pit uses for his Down B? I saw Hama's stream when he was using him but the guy kept spamming Side and Up B '-_-

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Only thing left to do now is play him enough so that we can notice his differences in comparison to Pit.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I'm gonna main Dark Pit, but...
Yushako just went through Dark Pit's moves on stream.

One of his taunts has him spin the bow towards the camera and he say "Ikuzo"
Another taunt was he splits the bow, has one of the blades rest on his shoulder and points the other one away from him and says "Katekoi" Apologies if I spelled those wrong. I forgot what the third one was. Overall they were all pretty cool.

His Final Smash is just the Light Arrow but with a Dark Pit Staff instead. The camera zooms in on the person hit and everything.
Regular Arrow does seems faster to me but he didn't directly compare them to Pit's so can't be certain. He did not change there direction at all but I also don't know if he even tried too.
all three new clones are complete clones.

It's just, Lucina doesn't have to rely on tips, Dr.Mario has Tornado instead of FLUDD, Dark Pit's moves have different properties.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Vanilla pit's - works similar to brawl, can curve almost at a 90 degree angle
Dark pit - barely curves at all, maybe 10~15 degrees??
Other than that for a casual gamer like me you can't really tell their differences. (again i could be wrong)
Yep, this settles it. DP's arrows are definitely harder to use. Thank's again for the info.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want to see the difference between his custom moves and Pit's custom moves.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I love that Dark Pit's in the game out of all characters would've never though of Dark Pit! Especially Dr.Mario returning.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't think that would be wise.

Why can't people be grateful that a few extra characters were able to be squeezed in?
Because people are people and they like to complain.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Working on it, but the Final Smash, arrows, and Sspecial are the most apparent, and DP is generally slower and more powerful then Pit from what I'm hearing.
That makes sense. Everyone knows darkness is more powerful than light.

Join the Dark Side, we have bishonen er... I meant cookies. Yes, cookies. We have cookies. :p

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's just, Lucina doesn't have to rely on tips, Dr.Mario has Tornado instead of FLUDD, Dark Pit's moves have different properties.
Doc has different move properties too like Melee. (FAir doesn't meteor smash and instead launches forward, NAir is a reverse sex kick, etc)

Yeah need to know what exactly makes Dark Pit different from Pit playstyle-wise. Is his knockback better than Pit's at least?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Doc has different move properties too like Melee. (FAir doesn't meteor smash and instead launches forward, NAir is a reverse sex kick, etc)

Yeah need to know what exactly makes Dark Pit different from Pit playstyle-wise. Is his knockback better than Pit's at least?
Stronger, but not necessarily better because of combos.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Do we know any of Dark pit's custom moves?
No, but Ganondorf gets his sword in a custom, so there's hope for the staff.

Oh, and there's a guy with the game around here and he's a fan of DP, and I told him to share info with us when he comes across it, so it's only a matter of time.

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
No, but Ganondorf gets his sword in a custom, so there's hope for the staff.

Oh, and there's a guy with the game around here and he's a fan of DP, and I told him to share info with us when he comes across it, so it's only a matter of time.
Cool, I also think I remember hearing in the last nintendo direct that the fastest way to unlock was through smash run, though I may of heard wrong so don't quote me on that.

Top Bottom