• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Two Sides of the Same Coin - Pit/ Dark Pit Meta Game Discussion

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

All of Dark Pit's attacks!~

On a side note, the translation for his third taunt is; "Unless you want to die, step forward!" ...surprisingly fitting.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

On a side note, the translation for his third taunt is; "Unless you want to die, step forward!" ...surprisingly fitting.
Pretty interesting, but I can't see anything immediately different.

Dtilt definitely looks faster, but I need to see Pit's again to compare.

Bair looks like a scissors motion instead of just a stab, but again, I need to see Pit's again.

If a video on Pit pops up, could you post it over in the Pit moveset discussion?

GameDragon

Smash Cadet

Seriously? So they actually quoted him from his "Pre Boss Battle Rallying Cry?" That's actually pretty cool.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112

Oooh, that down throw. Seems like it opens up some great opportunities for follow-ups. Also, dem taunts. Also also, dat victory pose, slamming his bow into the ground like that <3

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Unless my eyes are playing with me, but I swear some of Dark Pit's attacks frame-by-frame are slower then Pit's attacks. Like in a way Roy's attacks are marginally slower then Marth's attacks in Melee.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Why is Darkpit like Pit....

The video shows how much potential isn't available in SSB4. But like I said I'm going to play him. And I love Darkpit. His own unique things are amazing for example the victory theme / pose. Because you realizie how important is to make Darkpit unique... But its to late. Nobody can change it. I hope in SSB5 will do this.

Nevertheless I look forward to Darkpit. ^^

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
Why is Darkpit like Pit....

The video shows how much potential isn't available in SSB4. But like I said I'm going to play him. And I love Darkpit. His own unique things are amazing for example the victory theme / pose. Because you realizie how important is to make Darkpit unique... But its to late. Nobody can change it. I hope in SSB5 will do this.

Nevertheless I look forward to Darkpit. ^^
Time constraints, he was probably thrown in the game near the end of development as a bonus to pad out the roster; it's pretty much the reason why we have clones in the first place.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I've been having fun with Dark Pit over the past couple days. I'm trying to get a read on what exactly is different from Pit aside from Dark Pit's lack of arrow control.

It's something that's hard to test on my own but I could swear that Dark Pit has more hitstun that Pit. I seem to get away with combos with Dark Pit that I can't quite nail with Pit. I'll work on it.

His custom move are:

B 2.: A larger, stronger arrow that can't be angled.

B3.: A weaker arrow that has a lot of control.

Up 2.: A shorter version of his recovery that does damage

Up 3.: A shorter version of his recovery that creates a tornado around Dark Pit and has a large wind-box that blows opponents away

Down 2.: The Guardian Orbitars do 6% damage and knock players away. Think Fox's Reflector.

Down 3.: Doubles the speed of reflected projectiles but can't push players away from Dark Pit.

I would like to go more in-depth but I have work in a few minutes. I might be back later.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I've been having fun with Dark Pit over the past couple days. I'm trying to get a read on what exactly is different from Pit aside from Dark Pit's lack of arrow control.

It's something that's hard to test on my own but I could swear that Dark Pit has more hitstun that Pit. I seem to get away with combos with Dark Pit that I can't quite nail with Pit. I'll work on it.

His custom move are:

Up 3.: A shorter version of his recovery that creates a tornado around Dark Pit and has a large wind-box that blows opponents away

Down 2.: The Guardian Orbitars do 6% damage and knock players away. Think Fox's Reflector.

Down 3.: Doubles the speed of reflected projectiles but can't push players away from Dark Pit.

I would like to go more in-depth but I have work in a few minutes. I might be back later.
Does the larger arrow go through opponents? Cause if so It just seems like Dark Pit shares Pit's custom moves.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

His custom move are:

For Up 2, it's not just it going slightly shorter. It also appears to have more start up, and can't be angled as much. While you're in flight though, you can sort of angle yourself while moving though.

Also, do you happen to know the deal with S2? He doesn't move at all and only seems to attack when he's in close proximity to someone. Does it function as grab as well or something? Hard to test with only one 3DS lol.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
For Up 2, it's not just it going slightly shorter. It also appears to have more start up, and can't be angled as much. While you're in flight though, you can sort of angle yourself while moving though.

Also, do you happen to know the deal with S2? He doesn't move at all and only seems to attack when he's in close proximity to someone. Does it function as grab as well or something? Hard to test with only one 3DS lol.
I think it was said that S2 is just a really powerful, very short range attack. It still retains projectile reflecting properties.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Yep. Still lame, but makes sense.
It does make sense but also would have made sense for him to do different stuff. Both Pit and by extension Dark Pit have more content they could have pulled from so they wouldnt have identical custom moves. But blah blah time constraints etc.

Anyway, @JoeInky is credit to team. All of this is his work.

This time, it's everyone's favourite clone, Dark Pit! He looks pretty similar to Pit, and unfortunately, based on the customisations of his default special, his custom specials may be quite similar too, but I haven't unlocked all of Pits moves, so who knows!

Neutral Special 1 (Silver Bow)

Acts similarly to Pit's Palutena Bow, hold the button to charge and release to fire, if you hold the button for too long the arrow will automatically be fired, it can also be aimed upwards.

The arrow can be controlled mid flight but the level of control is tiny, only being able to move it up or down ever so slightly.

Charge duration increases the damage dealt and slightly increases the travel distance, doing 3-4% damage at minimum charge and 10-11% at max charge. Knockback also increases as the move is charged, but the increase is negligible.

Neutral Special 2 (Silver Greatbow)

Takes longer to charge, but fires a larger, piercing and more damaging arrow. But, it travels slower and the endlag on the move is increased, so you're more vulnerable.

Does 6% at minimum charge and 13% at max charge, knockback is equivalent to the default neutral special, and you have no level of control over the arrow whatsoever, it will only fly straight.

Seems to be a move more intended for hitting multiple people in FFA, but if you'd prefer a harder hitting arrow, this is for you, just watch out for the easy punish if you miss.

Neutral Special 3 (Control Arrow)

This time the arrow only does 2-3% damage at minimum charge and 6-7% damage at maximum charge, but you have a much greater level of control over the arrow to compensate, allowing you to hit someone from practically anywhere, even under the stage if you need to.

This version seems more like an edgeguarding tool, as you're able to hit them pretty much anywhere offstage, the endlag is still quite large, giving you only about half a second of movement afterwards until the arrow expires, so there's not any really fancy stuff you can do with it, but some people may find it more useful.

Side Special 1 (Electroshock Arm)

Dark pit dashes forward about half the distance of the base platform of Battlefield, Electroshock Arm dragging behind him. For about 80% of the move's duration, the Electroshock Arm has sparks all around it, and if you come into contact with someone during this time, Dark Pit will swing it upwards, doing 10-11% damage and good diagonal knockback.

The startup and dash portion of the move has super armour on it and if you come into contact with a projectile during the dash, the move will activate and reflect the projectile.

The endlag on the move is less when it connects either with a person, a projectile or a shield, if you miss the move, the endlag is considerably greater, especially if you use the move in the air (for example if you do it off the edge of Battlefield, you don't actually regain control until you're outside the screen's view).

The move is very unsafe on shield due to no shieldstun, if you hit a shield it will activate but the hitbox is only active for the first few frames, meaning people can punish you whilst the move looks like it's still active.

If you use it to recover you have to make sure that you're either going to make it towards the stage or that you're going to hit someone, because if you miss, you're in a bad position, but if it hits you'll actually get some extra upwards momentum.

Side Special 2 (Electroshock Uppercut)

This seems like a heavier variant that rewards proper spacing, Dark Pit doesn't dash at all with this move, instead doing a slight back step, the same as the previous move applies in that, if an opponent is in front of you during the time where the Electroshock arm is sparking, the move will activate, doing 13-14% damage and greater knockback.

Same rules apply about endlag when hitting and missing, whether in the air or on the ground, this variation will also completely stall all momentum once used in the air, so you can use it to bait people somewhat, but the amount of time you're going to be vulnerable afterwards means it's not advisable, you're probably going to be punished for it.

The Super Armour on startup and the projectile reflecting properties are all still there.

Side Special 3 (Electroshock Dash)

This move gives the opponent more of an opportunity to react by having more startup frames, but the distance travelled is increased to over half the length of Battlefield if it misses and almost the full length if it hits.

It has the same super armour and projectile reflecting properties as the default Electroshock Arm and it does the same damage and knockback, so it seems like the only differences with this variation is that it's a better recovery but easier to avoid.

Endlag both on hit and miss, both grounded and airborne seems exactly the same.

Up Special 1 (Power of Flight)

Press the input and then either up, left, right, up-left or up-right, to shoot upwards a great distance.

Does no damage whatsoever and puts you into special fall.

Up Special 2 (Explosive Flight)

Pressing the input will cause Dark Pit to crouch for half a second longer than the default and you can only go in three directions (up-left, up and up-right), though you can curve your trajectory somewhat. When you do launch yourself, you'll do 9-10% damage and decent knockback to anyone standing next to you, you can also do the damage and knockback to people you collide with during the first second or so of flight.

The knockback is decent but nothing to write home about (Kills Samus off the side of Battlefield at ~130%), but it could be used for edgeguarding someone that's trying to recover high as it covers quite a bit of vertical distance with a decent hitbox.

Up Special 3 (Tornado Flight)

Very similar to the default Up Special, but sacrifices travel distance for a push back effect, the push back is better than most moves that have it as an effect, but overall, not a very useful variation.

Down Special 1 (Guardian Orbitars)

Two shields appear at either side of Dark Pit, pushing back enemies during the startup and reflecting projectiles, the projectiles get their damage multiplied by around 1.5, so a 10% damage Super Missile will do 15% when reflected. Knockback will probably be multiplied as well but that's harder to test.

It will also block physical attacks whilst the move is active, but you can still be grabbed.

The button can be held to keep your shields up, but the move cannot be held indefinitely.

Down Special 2 (Explosive Guardian Orbitars)

This move loses the ability to reflect projectiles (though it does have super armour on startup) and gains the ability to do damage and knockback.

The button can't be held to keep the shields up, they just appear, flash and then the move ends with the same amount of endlag as the default special.

The damage it does is only 5% and the knockback is pretty standard, one of those moves that you switch to just because the opponent doesn't have a projectile but it's still not going to come in handy that often.

Down Special 3 (Fragile Guardian Orbitars)

This variation increases the damage multiplier of reflected projectiles to 2x (a 10% super missile will do 20% damage when reflected), but they break if they get hit by physical attacks, meaning for the next 2-3 seconds if you try to use the move, the animation will play but no shields will appear.

The shields themselves do no push back or damage, so it's purely a better reflector with the downside of being vulnerable to physical attacks, the move can be held just as long as the default one and it has no super armour on startup.

Final Thoughts

I don't particularly like the playstyle of both Dark Pit and Pit in Smash Bros. so I can't comment too much on them, but I'd probably go 3313, the more controllable arrows allow you to edgeguard pretty well, the Electroshock Dash has pretty high priority so it's a good tool for beating out any edgeguard attempts, the recoveries are all so-so, so I'd just stick with the default and the more fragile reflector is straight up better, just as long as you don't miss or use it at the wrong time of course.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Right behind Lucina, Dark Pit is currently my most used character. I'm really loving him. As a Brawl Pit main, something's a little off with Pit, but something feels so right with Dark Pit... well, I did use the Black color in Brawl for Pit, so maybe it's just force of habit.

I especially love the Guardian Orbitars (for both). They're so useful for last minute midair shields. Yeah, this could leave the Pits vulnerable to counter attacks when they wear off, but it's better than taking a smash attack to the face. I rarely use them to stop projectiles and find myself using them to stop attacks from slower, stronger opponents like Ike and Bowser.

The Electroshock Arm is much better than the Upperdash Arm. It's trajectory is perfect for KOs. I am struggling finding another good KO move for both of the Pits other than their arms. I got used to the Glide -> Fair in Brawl and now I'm struggling to KO when I reach high percentages. The Electroshock Arm is fantastic (with the Upperdash Arm being useful but less reliable), but it can't be relied on all the time since it'll get too predictable. Any ideas?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Right behind Lucina, Dark Pit is currently my most used character. I'm really loving him. As a Brawl Pit main, something's a little off with Pit, but something feels so right with Dark Pit... well, I did use the Black color in Brawl for Pit, so maybe it's just force of habit.

I especially love the Guardian Orbitars (for both). They're so useful for last minute midair shields. Yeah, this could leave the Pits vulnerable to counter attacks when they wear off, but it's better than taking a smash attack to the face. I rarely use them to stop projectiles and find myself using them to stop attacks from slower, stronger opponents like Ike and Bowser.

The Electroshock Arm is much better than the Upperdash Arm. It's trajectory is perfect for KOs. I am struggling finding another good KO move for both of the Pits other than their arms. I got used to the Glide -> Fair in Brawl and now I'm struggling to KO when I reach high percentages. The Electroshock Arm is fantastic (with the Upperdash Arm being useful but less reliable), but it can't be relied on all the time since it'll get too predictable. Any ideas?
Bair? My favorite kill move in Brawl.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Bair? My favorite kill move in Brawl.
Something is off... I seem unable to hit cleanly with it. But don't panic though- it's probably just me since I suck at short-hopping.

I am liking his Down Throw into a Fair as a damaging move, but I need to play around with some KO moves though... I wonder if I can combo into his Arm... probably not, but I'm playing around with it right now.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Something is off... I seem unable to hit cleanly with it. But don't panic though- it's probably just me since I suck at short-hopping.

I am liking his Down Throw into a Fair as a damaging move, but I need to play around with some KO moves though... I wonder if I can combo into his Arm... probably not, but I'm playing around with it right now.
Yeah, way too much startup on the Arm to combo with.

Have you tried intercepting recoveries with their Fair? I thought it'd be a great way to finish of opponents.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah, way too much startup on the Arm to combo with.

Have you tried intercepting recoveries with their Fair? I thought it'd be a great way to finish of opponents.
Great minds think alike. I was just trying that. I reliably KO's Robin over 100%, but Robin's so floaty that I keep mispredicting his jumps. But I'm sure that it'll work after some practice.

No, that Bair is barely knocking Robin back at all over 100%... Yeah, it sends him through the air, but not enough for a proper KO. Even at 130%, he's not going too far... wait... that one sent him flying...

It appears that he does have a sweetspot at the end of his blades, but still, it won't reliably KO on its own even up to 110% even without stale moves. It could be used to lead up to an intercepting Fair, but it won't work on its own. Let me switch back to Pit and see if it's just that Dark Pit can't do it...

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Gimping with fair is pretty decent from my experience.
Yeah, that's the best way that I've found so far. Nothing (not even Electroshock Arm) KOs from less than 134% (at Robin's starting point on N's Castle Final Destination) except for smash attacks, but using his heavenly arsenal to get them off the edge for a gimping Fair seems to be the way to go.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Great minds think alike. I was just trying that. I reliably KO's Robin over 100%, but Robin's so floaty that I keep mispredicting his jumps. But I'm sure that it'll work after some practice.

No, that Bair is barely knocking Robin back at all over 100%... Yeah, it sends him through the air, but not enough for a proper KO. Even at 130%, he's not going too far... wait... that one sent him flying...

It appears that he does have a sweetspot at the end of his blades, but still, it won't reliably KO on its own even up to 110% even without stale moves. It could be used to lead up to an intercepting Fair, but it won't work on its own. Let me switch back to Pit and see if it's just that Dark Pit can't do it...
That's troubling...
In Brawl, Pit's Bair was about timing, not a sweetspot. Only the beginning frames acted as a KO move. Perhaps you're hitting closer to the end?

Oh, another thing, can either of their Dairs meteor? Supposedly it's only in the beginning frames.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Fthrow kills at decent percents if you are closer to the ledges on light characters.

Dark Pit's Dair does meteor. I feel it is kind of like Marth's, but being easier in the front instead of the back.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That's troubling...
In Brawl, Pit's Bair was about timing, not a sweetspot. Only the beginning frames acted as a KO move. Perhaps you're hitting closer to the end?

Oh, another thing, can either of their Dairs meteor? Supposedly it's only in the beginning frames.
I remember that. However, Sakurai in a PoTD (I think) confirmed Pit getting a sweetspot, so maybe this move changed along with this addition. It's still worth a shot...

Hmm... any suggestions on optimal timing? Whenever I'm on top of Robin and use Bair, it completely whiffs or does minimal damage/knockback. However, when I hit towards the end of the blades, the knockback seems the greatest. I'm trying to hit as early as I can without whiffing, but it's not working...

Dair definitely meteor smashes for Pit, but the timing is precise. If it connects, I think it's at the center of his downward arc, but I swear that I've connected directly behind him once (but future attempts were futile). Unfortunately, I couldn't KO with it as per Robin's annoying recovery. I'll go test it on Dark Pit...

Edit: @ Jellyfishn Jellyfishn , I was about to say that (about F-Throw). It seems to be a much better option than the behind one. Also, thanks for the advice about DP's meteor smash. Despite its tricky timing, it definitely works. I personally prefer the Fair off-ledge at high percentages, but his Dair could be great at low ones.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I remember that. However, Sakurai in a PoTD (I think) confirmed Pit getting a sweetspot, so maybe this move changed along with this addition. It's still worth a shot...

Hmm... any suggestions on optimal timing? Whenever I'm on top of Robin and use Bair, it completely whiffs or does minimal damage/knockback. However, when I hit towards the end of the blades, the knockback seems the greatest. I'm trying to hit as early as I can without whiffing, but it's not working...

Dair definitely meteor smashes for Pit, but the timing is precise. If it connects, I think it's at the center of his downward arc, but I swear that I've connected directly behind him once (but future attempts were futile). Unfortunately, I couldn't KO with it as per Robin's annoying recovery. I'll go test it on Dark Pit...
I don't remember a PotD talking about Pit's tippers.

Go against Bowser or stick em on a platform or something. I'd try to help with the actual timing, but I know any advice from Brawl wouldn't help in this case.

Remembered something else, how hard is it to meteor somebody with Dtilt? How's Pit's Dtilt in general? It was pretty dang slow in the old build.

Fthrow kills at decent percents if you are closer to the ledges on light characters.

Dark Pit's Dair does meteor. I feel it is kind of like Marth's, but being easier in the front instead of the back.
Fthrow as a situational KO move, huh? Pit definitely needs all the KO moves he can get.

Speaking of Fthrow, is it possible to follow up on it? You could Chain-throw with it in Brawl, but that's obviously not happening this time.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I just uploaded some of my For Glory Mode videos of Dark Pit. Some are better than others. You can see some meteors with Dair, Fair gimps and other stuff.

Vs. Peach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eka644jxGX4

Vs. Lucina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ss8pHwwpls

Vs. Little Mac (Rage quit is real)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jR4h9ziemA

Vs. Fox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY3eSAgtR_w

Vs. Kirby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65tOfuXA6W4

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I fish for grabs a little too much. :/

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I find it to be the opposite really. While the meteor is under his hand and all, I find it much easier to hit while they're "behind" Pit rather than the front. Might just be a personal paranoia thing.

Also working on getting preliminary moveset data at the moment. Once thats out I'll attempt to go more in depth with every move. (Preliminary being the basic starting damage percents)

Coffee™

I need it....
Couple questions.

1: Is there any variation in startup time with his other arrow specials? The above posts mention charge time but not startup.

2: What's the knockback like on the control arrow and does it last longer than the original arrow?

3: Is the piercing arrow slow enough in travel for pit to shoot it and chase after it to continue pressuring the opponent alongside the arrow?

4: How big is the windbox on Tornado flight and how much pushback are we talking here? Also does this windbox cover under Pit when he launches? I'm curious to see if there any useful edgeguarding applications with this.

5: Does the standard down B have Super Armor?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Couple questions.

1: Is there any variation in startup time with his other arrow specials? The above posts mention charge time but not startup.

2: What's the knockback like on the control arrow and does it last longer than the original arrow?

3: Is the piercing arrow slow enough in travel for pit to shoot it and chase after it to continue pressuring the opponent alongside the arrow?

4: How big is the windbox on Tornado flight and how much pushback are we talking here? Also does this windbox cover under Pit when he launches? I'm curious to see if there any useful edgeguarding applications with this.

5: Does the standard down B have Super Armor?
3. Nope. It's surprisingly fast for its size. It's definitely not a combo move.

5. I don't know if I'm properly qualified to distinguish between super armor and regular guarding, but I've noticed that it does give you some nice invincibility near the start that's useful for landing in front of a charged smash attack. It does leave you vulnerable when you put it away though.

Coffee™

I need it....
3. Nope. It's surprisingly fast for its size. It's definitely not a combo move.
Gotcha. I'm betting this is going to be more useful in doubles.

5. I don't know if I'm properly qualified to distinguish between super armor and regular guarding, but I've noticed that it does give you some nice invincibility near the start that's useful for landing in front of a charged smash attack. It does leave you vulnerable when you put it away though.
What you're describing is probably super armor, true invincibility is hard to come by. Does Pit still take damage when he blocks the move?

Thx for answering.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Gotcha. I'm betting this is going to be more useful in doubles.
While I think that doubles is a great spot for this move, I wouldn't go discounting it from singles just yet. With the general arrow speed nerf, I find that this option is extremely useful because of its ability to catch opponents off-guard.
What you're describing is probably super armor, true invincibility is hard to come by. Does Pit still take damage when he blocks the move?

Thx for answering.
No damage at all. I just had a Falcon Punch get pushed back against them and I safely landed and KO'd with my Forward Throw. If you hold them for too long, the opponent can sneak in between them to hit/grab you, but the initial activation is pretty safe.

Edit: it's extremely similar to Mirror Shield. In Brawl, I often used it to stop Ike's smash attacks. It's the same idea here, but on both sides of him.

Last edited:

Coffee™

I need it....
While I think that doubles is a great spot for this move, I wouldn't go discounting it from singles just yet. With the general arrow speed nerf, I find that this option is extremely useful because of its ability to catch opponents off-guard.
Yea, it's a bit too early to discount pretty much anything at this point. Thinking about it a bit more, it seems like it could probably be a pretty good zoning tool due to it's size. Time will tell.

No damage at all. I just had a Falcon Punch get pushed back against them and I safely landed and KO'd with my Forward Throw. If you hold them for too long, the opponent can sneak in between them to hit/grab you, but the initial activation is pretty safe.
Good to hear.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Does Dark Pit's side-B do more damage at close range? I was noticing some inconsistencies with knockback at similar percents with different vids.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Yeah, the down-b (I don't know the name) does provide invulnerability. Not sure if it's on the initial startup, or if it's lasting. But I was able to absorb an OHKO from Little Mac with that.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
But I don't get why so many Pit / Darkpit player use the Guardian Orbitars ( down B ) long enough. The gamers use it mostly to short. ^^

Neo Zero

Does Dark Pit's side-B do more damage at close range? I was noticing some inconsistencies with knockback at similar percents with different vids.
It definitely does more on the ground than in the air, but I can't say I've noticed the distance mattering. I'll test it a bit later.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I just uploaded some of my For Glory Mode videos of Dark Pit. Some are better than others. You can see some meteors with Dair, Fair gimps and other stuff.

Vs. Peach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eka644jxGX4

Vs. Lucina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ss8pHwwpls

Vs. Little Mac (Rage quit is real)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jR4h9ziemA

Vs. Fox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY3eSAgtR_w

Vs. Kirby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65tOfuXA6W4

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I fish for grabs a little too much. :/
Always meteor, even when you don't have too. I like it. Nice videos. He looks fun to play in these.

Non-related question, are there any restrictions on recording replays. I think you're the only person I've seen so far who uses them.

Top Bottom