• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- U.F.B. Crew Thread - IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!!!! "ROLL 'EM UP" DEC. 21

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Miss you too boo. :( Lemme know next time you're around. Woulda gone to Chibo's if I'd had a ride that day. :urg:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hehe k, sounds like a plan..... for like the 5th time lol.

Kenny, I still want those beef patties btw. :c

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Its in west Ohio, too far for me :(

Edit: lmao @ Ebo, don't trust Keitaro. He'll tag himself in and never tag you back!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Phoenix lookin crazy....that last slot on my team is gonna be a fight between Dante, Wesker, Phoenix, and maybe X-23.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
She made it in. We were both right. Phoenix is the "crazy" character Seth was talking about. She looks ridiculous

The akuma pic is just a leak. The original story was already taken down. But it still confirms the leaked list either way with these 2 reveals.

Taskmaster/Sentinel Akuma/Hsien-Ko are the last characters to be revealed. Megaman is gonna be DLC if anything.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Phoenix is gonna be a paper weight. She has less health then zero. The only way someone lands "Dark Phoenix" in even intermediate level play is if they build a team solely around her. You need max special(5 bars) At the time Jean dies for her to resurrect as Dark Phoenix. Meaning if she is your last character X factor is out of the question. And your probably gonna need at least 3 bars by the time Jean becomes your last character to try to build it up to 5 by the time you die. One wrong tag or mess up is gonna be the end of her. And a good keep away team is going to destroy her setup anyway. She wont even be able to try to counter team aerial attacks as that takes away a meter bar. Not to mention her Shield and health regen is Level 3. Your either going to play her as Phoenix or rely on your other 2 characters and hope to land Dark Phoenix at the end. I don't see how your going to be able to use both effectively in the same match.

Phoenix is either going to be really broken or really bad. There really isn't a middle ground for her. She does seem to have crazy amount of versatility though. She's going to be the "Seth" of this game. We should have some gameplay from her by tonight. That secret event starts at 6 i think. There gonna be streaming it. It's going to be a 32 character demo with Phoenix and Haggar added. Im hoping to see some Pheonix,Spencer,Magneto,Felicia,Viper and She-Hulk gameplay

Haggar doesn't interest me but thats just cause i never been interested in grapplers. They play too slow.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Wow you took the words outta my mouth haha. I'm still gonna wanna use her since she's my favorite marvel character. I'm setting my team on Trish Spencer and Phoenix, possibly alternating one of them for X-23.

also alot of people seem to be getting confused about her healing sphere. It isn't a level 3. If you look at the clip before that, she has 3 bars while fighting zero. then it cuts to her healing sphere and instead of her fighting zero in trons stage, shes fighting chun li in metro city. also the sound activation for her hyper is the normal one which indicates one bar. the "HAH" sound activation for level 3 hypers only appears on her dark phoenix possession. it'd be dumb for the healing thing to take 3 bars as it only heals red bar (the red bar seemed extended in the clip alone probly just to show us, its usually much shorter.)

also the event will be 9 pm to 12 am for us tonight. 6 to 9 for west coasters

i hope i see gameplay for her and spencer. spencer barely has anything and i like him alot.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Wow you took the words outta my mouth haha. I'm still gonna wanna use her since she's my favorite marvel character. I'm setting my team on Trish Spencer and Phoenix, possibly alternating one of them for X-23.

also alot of people seem to be getting confused about her healing sphere. It isn't a level 3. If you look at the clip before that, she has 3 bars while fighting zero. then it cuts to her healing sphere and instead of her fighting zero in trons stage, shes fighting chun li in metro city. also the sound activation for her hyper is the normal one which indicates one bar. the "HAH" sound activation for level 3 hypers only appears on her dark phoenix possession. it'd be dumb for the healing thing to take 3 bars as it only heals red bar (the red bar seemed extended in the clip alone probly just to show us, its usually much shorter.)

also the event will be 9 pm to 12 am for us tonight. 6 to 9 for west coasters

i hope i see gameplay for her and spencer. spencer barely has anything and i like him alot.
Your right. I was also wrong about her having to be the last character to turn to DP. Watching again she is DP with her teammates still alive. It looks like the only requirement is to have 5 levels with Jean herself dies.

Hmmm.......... I might rethink my stance on her lol.

1. Get 1-2 teamates that build good meter and are solid on their own.
2. Have Phoenix on point and play rushdown until a) you kill them or b) you get very low on life.
3. Switch to finish building your level 5
4. Bring Phoenix back in, rush until you either win or die. Res and fight until you're down to 1/4 life then switch out, repeat.

I would much rather use five separate levels, but hey -- it's a damn solid scrub tactic.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yeah im thinking if i ever get DP out and still have spencer, obv my opponent will run and block till DPs life drains so having spencer do his bionic arm pull assist can help DP into getting some good damage in for the time shes out. of course i still think the whole DP thing is situational until i see more videos and read more info on her. dont wanna assume yet lol. HYPE

mib004

Smash Ace
here goes ev with the great mvc3 conpiracy. He knows so much before the game comes out, yet will be the worst of us all lmfao. If Akuma isn't ****ing weak lol"defense wise" I will play with him. BTW ev phoenix looks broken

lol vex get *****.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I want to play u vex but i have my pad on 360 and im pretty sure ill suck on a ps3 controller.

I have no idea how makoto plays but i also have trouble with cody. From that video he kept crossing u up through the air. Doesn't makoto have a DP like Anti air?? Cody really isn't a strong rush down character and that ultra he pulled was completely random. Dont know how u got hit by it.

here goes ev with the great mvc3 conpiracy. He knows so much before the game comes out, yet will be the worst of us all lmfao. If Akuma isn't ****ing weak lol"defense wise" I will play with him. BTW ev phoenix looks broken

Except there's this little thing about me not caring if im better then u or not.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I want to play u vex but i have my pad on 360 and im pretty sure ill suck on a ps3 controller.

I have no idea how makoto plays but i also have trouble with cody. From that video he kept crossing u up through the air. Doesn't makoto have a DP like Anti air?? Cody really isn't a strong rush down character and that ultra he pulled was completely random. Dont know how u got hit by it.
I basically had round 2 if I command grabbed at the end, but I didn't know how long his ultra lasted and if it had more then 1 hit if it connected or not.

I'm bad but I'm trying to improve so its k.

btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKaxOJX3E8

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ev stfu and go back to fingerin urself
And what the hell was the point of that? What do yall get out of talking about me constantly when i say nothing about yall? Whatever it's gotten to the point where i dont care about any of yall anymore.

I basically had round 2 if I command grabbed at the end, but I didn't know how long his ultra lasted and if it had more then 1 hit if it connected or not.

I'm bad but I'm trying to improve so its k.

btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKaxOJX3E8
O i see gotcha.

Top Bottom