• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'm a biiiig fan of the vaio s and z series. I've had an FZ-340 myself that has lasted for 5 years flawlessly. That being said, $890 is a lot for a 2nd gen i5 and no ssd :(

Gimme a sec and I'll edit in the laptop compilation made by the BF SDers.

Edit: Delivery ~~> Clicky

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm a biiiig fan of the vaio s and z series. I've had an FZ-340 myself that has lasted for 5 years flawlessly. That being said, $890 is a lot for a 2nd gen i5 and no ssd :(

Gimme a sec and I'll edit in the laptop compilation made by the BF SDers.

Edit: Delivery ~~> Clicky
i see. well jay, which do you think is the best for me. I picked the VAIO because:

-its thin and light, which is a big plus since this is my traveling computer
-dedicated video card instead of integrated
-HDMI port
-i5 or higher
-more than 4GB of ram already out of the box
-at least 15" screen
-good enough specs to run AE or LoL

If you see something on black friday for this same information I'll highly consider it. but those are the reasons I want new laptop

Edit: and I dont care about having a SSD or not

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure what the reqs for AE and LoL are, I'll ask other for an opinion. In the meanwhile, there are two deals live right now on Sam's club that kinda fit.

HP Pavilion i5 399
HP Endy i7 599

edit: SDers suggest that intel hd 4000 is crap for gaming :(
Looks like the only decent "Gaming" laptop is the HP 17.3 AMD A8 APU for 399 at Staples because it comes with a Radeon HD 7640G.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Jay, I'm sick of my smartphone not being able to display mkvs at 1080. It just plays the audio as the video goes mad slow. I would just like a tablet or something along those lines that can play mkvs and I can listen to my music on.

Can you show me some options?

It would be an Xmas gift from my mom, so I'm trying to keep it relatively inexpensive.

Edit: I was thinking about getting a zune for mp3 because I already use the playback software, do you know how those handle video?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
There won't be discounts for anything wii u related . Possibly zelda 3ds though. Check slickdeals or bfads.net

Also jay, yea I'm sad there aren't many gaming options cause of the video cards but ill take a long look at the staples one.

Edit: Ian actually toys r us has buy 1 get 1 40% off for Nintendo titles. So wii u 3ds wii and ds games.

:phone:

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Just as a heads up, most of these deals come from CheapAssGamer (CAG) forums and the deal alerts that Dems has subscribed to on Slickdeals. If you guys haven't already, you should check out both sites.
Sounds like a codec issue, might be worth searching for a software fix than a new phone. In regards to tablets, the Galaxy Tab 2 that is $179 or so everywhere has come along nicely in terms of rooting and software malleability. Not sure if it is 1080 though.

Edit: Have you tried using mx player with the armv6 fvp codec? I haven't found any file that can't be played with that combo.

The CAG game deals forum is the best bet for anything like that. Not sure if I can link it or if the censor will mess it up. Here is the CAG BF thread.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331277
Keith's right about the WiiU, doubt you'll see any sort of deal anytime soon. Walmart will probably have the best deals on games this BF though, if you can endure the stampede at 8pm.

You may want to try this though. You can try once a day to win a free WiiU. People on CAG have reported winning so it isn't BS.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330712

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So either the staples one or my newegg one it looks like. Damn these ****ty gaming video cards

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Possibly. I'll have to think if I want to sacrifice portability for power cause that's not bad at all. I was never considering 17" cause they are usually bulky

Also this thing is 7 pounds lol damn. But ill look into 17 inch too and see what they have. Thanks BTW

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm still down this week. I just started my game art course at full sail yesterday and I'm already on thanksgiving break, lol.

Top Bottom