• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
lol, my bad...i promise that that won't happen again...lol, all those things happening that night weren't suppose to happen, my sister's car basically broke down then i had to drop my sisters friend off at home then pick my other sister up from work then drive my friend to and from wal-mart, next time i'll make sure that i don't have to or that i just can't do any of that.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Yo guys, just posting here to say that my computer is broken (the screen died) and its going to be at least a week before Ill be able to check up regularly on the boards again.

Radix, I leave it to you and Jesse to inform me (or rather you to inform Jesse to inform me) if there is anything going on, Ill probably know though since Ill be hanging out in the campus library pretty much every day all day for the next week.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, I hope something goes on soon. Playing CPUs, having crap internet so I can't play wifi courtesy of PLanding, and no money to do anything else fun (good thing smashfests are free!...usually :chuckle:)

PS: I still owe you 5 bucks Rx-

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I want to practice brawl so I can beat loividadida and be the bestest toon link ever!
i lol'd

do any of you guys know of any venues in Orlando that would be willing to let me host a tourney? all this talk of people not wanting to drive to brawl bash I despite how badass it is annoys me, and id rather host tourneys in Orlando anyway (just trying to help out kamano and Lan odyssey this tourney)

Frames

DI
UCF maybe. ask someone who goes there.
unless ur a student at ucf u might as well try to host on mars. especially now that the gaming club is dead, there's literally no fests/tournies anywhere, only reason students have a chance is that someone can remake the gaming club, or get the pc gaming club to sponsor you, in which case you rent a room then you apply for some money from sga etc etc

i lol'd

do any of you guys know of any venues in Orlando that would be willing to let me host a tourney? all this talk of people not wanting to drive to brawl bash I despite how badass it is annoys me, and id rather host tourneys in Orlando anyway (just trying to help out kamano and Lan odyssey this tourney)
u can pretty much host anywhere, u just gotta have the right cash lol orlando is really expensive when it comes to venues i looked at between 40-50 places for FAST before i finally settled on the Y. if you're looking for like one day things ur best bet is to find a small place where you (hopefully) know someone to help you out on the money (church?). venues in orlando are hard to find, there's a reason gigs is the number one venue in cfl, tourism brings in a lot of people, so it's gonna be hard to find cheap venues here cause everyone expects big conventions, etc etc

it sucks because orlando doesn't have any PnT's and the closest lan center is gigs/hard knocks

basically just look everywhere, especially places u would never expect to have a tournament, those are the best places lol

Finch

Smash Lord
btw ryan, it's completely stupid that you live right below me and haven't come over to play melee yet. I don't know when you're free but aim me sometime.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, I go to UCF...maybe you could host there through me or something as I have no clue how to host a tourney.

My biggest gripe with the UCF tourney plan is that lot of people won't have anywhere to park. and paying 5 bucks to park for one day is stupid.

Toneh

Smash Lord
it sucks because orlando doesn't have any PnT's and the closest lan center is gigs/hard knocks
actually theres a Play and Trade about 3 miles from UCF. Its kinda new, across the waterford lakes town center plaza. Close enough for me to walk to :]
504 N. Alafaya Trail 111
Orlando, FL 32828
(407)482-8655

I traded in a bunch of my old games the other day lol

Frames

DI
actually theres a Play and Trade about 3 miles from UCF. Its kinda new, across the waterford lakes town center plaza. Close enough for me to walk to :]
504 N. Alafaya Trail 111
Orlando, FL 32828
(407)482-8655

oh

well then just host tournies there

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
504 N. Alafaya Trail 111
Orlando, FL 32828
(407)482-8655

i talked to them about a month or so ago...they werent interested in holding any brawl tourneys. or at least, not interested in the rules we wanted to do (cash payout). I have yet to call the PnT on Kirkman road yet though

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
We need to have a brawl fest somewhere tommorrow.

Hey, if we can get a couple of people on here maybe we can start a fighting game club or something.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I could go for a smash fest. But I cant necessarily look here any time I want for a while since my laptop is broken so if something is going down someone needs to call me. (813-484-9333)

Also, in regards to a fighting game club at UCF. I would definitely be down for something like that, though I was thinking of something more along the lines of a Competitive Gaming Club. Basically a club for gamers who want to work on bringing their game to new levels.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Also, in regards to a fighting game club at UCF. I would definitely be down for something like that, though I was thinking of something more along the lines of a Competitive Gaming Club. Basically a club for gamers who want to work on bringing their game to new levels.
I actually like that idea more. We just need to get people that are mlg in the fps department and we could bring it to the sga.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I was thinking more along the lines of trying to get 30. lol
numbers don't matter...they said we were too limited... they said we would have to make it a general video games club at the very least... and this was after like a few months of arguing with them about the constitution...

Frames

DI
for real we spent a lot of time with that dam club

there's no gaming club anymore, so why not just remake that instead? that way you'll have a dedicated place every week to do stuff plus you can play (GASP!) other games!

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
THEREAREOTHERGAMEBESIDESSMASHBROTHERSWOMARGICANTBELIEVEITITSIMPOSSIBLE

Yeah, that seems to be the easier route if you guys went through all of that trouble before.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok, so here's the deal. I had two tests this week...which means, I don't have too terrible much else to do now. I have some HW due for Thursday... a paper to write, one to edit...and some HW to do...but nothing all that terrible.

So I MAY have another fenfest...

The last one was really cool...had a lot of people here...everybody had fun, except for part of the night, we only had one tv...well, that is no longer a problem. I got a universal remote..so we now have at the bare minimum, two tvs. I checked it and it's working fine. with the cube out there anyway... if somebody could bring another tv and a couple wiis show up, we'd get three setups going...which would just be intense...

Things I have to work around...
I now have one roommate...which, he may be cool with it, but I do have to run it past him...
The next couple nights are kinda up in the air as to studying and spending time with people...so it's going to be a kinda short notice.

BUT, all that said, I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't think it was happening. It should be going down either Wednesday or Thursday evening... say around 4-5 to midnight. I just have to really decide on the day...

Just a little bit of notice. Hype hype

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Anybody got anything going for today, Melee or Brawl or both? I just got home from work and I've nothing to do until Thursday.

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
I can play anytime today, 678 -914-9807. I go to UCF and play Melee and Brawl competitively. Mainly Melee however. Let me know when yall playing

And is UCF really tripping about renting out one room on campus for a tourney. We cant tell them that we need a room to hold all of our friends and have a non violent social event or something. Twice a month or something. I mean we pay all of this money to go to this school how can we not get one room two times a month. If we do friendlies we can jus use lobbies in somebodys' dorm.

Just brainstorming

Toneh

Smash Lord
Thursday I could do but i get out at 9:20 as usual :x
I have a wii and garbanzo's tv to bring if hes cool with that. Its a little small but it works!
garb, the TV is enjoying its new home ahaha.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I can play anytime today, 678 -914-9807. I go to UCF and play Melee and Brawl competitively. Mainly Melee however. Let me know when yall playing

And is UCF really tripping about renting out one room on campus for a tourney. We cant tell them that we need a room to hold all of our friends and have a non violent social event or something. Twice a month or something. I mean we pay all of this money to go to this school how can we not get one room two times a month. If we do friendlies we can jus use lobbies in somebodys' dorm.

Just brainstorming
Can you host, perchance?

Thursday I could do but i get out at 9:20 as usual :x
I have a wii and garbanzo's tv to bring if hes cool with that. Its a little small but it works!
garb, the TV is enjoying its new home ahaha.
Rad, what's your schedule today? I want to throw my Peach at your Meta and Snake and see what happens.

Toneh

Smash Lord
classes from like 5 till 9:30. did u wanna stop by and play after for a few. Im fine with hosting if you guys wanted to come out.

I have one 1 brawl setup and an extra TV that could use a wii.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I'd make the ride out that way if you're up for it, yeah. And if someone was within 5 minutes or so of you and needed a ride I could probably hook them up if need be. I'll make sure to grab my camera so we can record some matches (and actually record them this time).

Toneh

Smash Lord
im always up for smashhhh!
oh yea then call manhunter :], he lives like 3 miles from me and is down to play.
I could go for a smash fest. But I cant necessarily look here any time I want for a while since my laptop is broken so if something is going down someone needs to call me. (813-484-9333)
just gotta call him up.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Alright Tony, sounds good to me. You want to call him or shall I? Don't know the dude at all.

Gindler, you gonna be at the next Gigs repping Yoshi?

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'll be going to the next gigs if my student loan comes in by then, had to use a butt load of my own money on school books.

If it's more than 2 weeks away than most likely for sure.

Top Bottom