• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Gamefest VIII

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
If someone can bring a TV, you guys are free to show up on Friday and over the weekend if the TO allows to get your share of friendlies at my Brawl set-up. Nothing official, but it's the next best thing.

And the artist formerly known as MarioMasterMogar69 wants a re-match for last year's WGF, Zekey.

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! I am here on business in San Diego from the East coast ( Boston, MA ). I was very excited to see there is actually a tournament going on on the area while I am here, I will definitely be showing up.

I am very close friends with KoreanDJ, so if any of you happen to know him it would be great to chat with you and get some friendlies.

Hope this gets a good turnout, looking to go up against some new faces.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Deference!

Hey everyone! I am here on business in San Diego from the East coast ( Boston, MA ). I was very excited to see there is actually a tournament going on on the area while I am here, I will definitely be showing up.

I am very close friends with KoreanDJ, so if any of you happen to know him it would be great to chat with you and get some friendlies.

Hope this gets a good turnout, looking to go up against some new faces.
Wow! Aside from nervously watching KoreanDJ play his sets at OC2,
I've never had the opportunity to meet him. I love meeting new smashers,
but especially old-school players! They all seem to have a wealth of stories
and memories about the old days, and I just love the perspective and insights
that they bring to the modern metagame! I would love to meet you I hope
that we can play a little together while you're here! <3

Jun.

Smash Lord
Please note that under the APEX 2013 ruleset, the only counterpick in Singles is Pokemon Stadium and in Doubles DK64.

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice

Wow! Aside from nervously watching KoreanDJ play his sets at OC2,
I've never had the opportunity to meet him. I love meeting new smashers,
but especially old-school players! They all seem to have a wealth of stories
and memories about the old days, and I just love the perspective and insights
that they bring to the modern metagame! I would love to meet you I hope
that we can play a little together while you're here! <3
As do I! I always love meeting new smashers, I was really into the scene around 05/06. Though I know KoreanDJ I am nowhere near his level :x. We hang out 2-3 times a week and almost never play smash.

That said, I am still pretty decent. I didn't bring a controller so I am over-nighting a couple from amazon so I have something good to work with.

Can't wait to play you guys.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Hey SD smashers, I've probably asked this enough to make you guys sick, but I'll try again anyway.

Hey, I'm a smasher from UCLA who's interested in going to WGF. I'm going to be riding with 2Jar and I need to find housing for people.

Specifically, I need housing for 2Jar, Vahag, Hrach, and possibly 1-2 other dudes from UCLA. Shaseimaster said he could house me, but I need to know if I know if the other dudes can get housing and with who.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Come and I can almost assure you that someone will be able to house you.

WORST CASE SCENARIO you stay at a hotel that is walking distance from the venue.

DickChang

Smash Journeyman
So if I read the schedule correctly... Melee singles is only happening Saturday? So I can show up Saturday morning for registration?

Jun.

Smash Lord
Just a note that the venue does open today for friendlies and setup. If you do bring a TV today, please remember to remind me or a TO tomorrow while you're signing in tomorrow.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Melee was more hype than Marvel top 8.

I had a good time.

Shoutouts to Vato_Break, Nair, Pikachu main (sorry man, I forgot your tag) and lastly, the most important, Yogurt World.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Fun tournament – sucks that the tournament ended late and we couldn't go to Phil's. I don't think I'm going for doubles so GOOD LUCK.

Top Bottom