• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
I got sooooooo lucky against minato. I am not gonna get any better playing guys like serris and minato who mop the floor with me.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That's how you get better. Playing a buddy of mine made me become somewhat good at SSFIV. This game isn't exactly SSFIV, and mistakes can be a lot more costly in this game, but I'm trying to keep that same mentality in this game, it's paid off some already, but I still have a lot to learn.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I got sooooooo lucky against minato. I am not gonna get any better playing guys like serris and minato who mop the floor with me.
>_>

I disagree with this. I find that playing people that are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better helps with my game. You just gotta approach every game you play like a learning experience, not just as something you win or lose in.

Smooth Criminal

Savon

Smash Ace
I will admit that because of Serris I have never lost to a phoenix online ever.

I will take everybodies word for it though and hope i am wrong

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You got lucky two games out of two so far. Either you've gotten better or fortune is on your side tonight.

I will admit that because of Serris I have never lost to a phoenix online ever.
<3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good lord, Minato's Zero is annoying.
Once I lose Zero though, I'm pretty much screwed. Sure I have Sent, but still.
Those were some close matches. I gotta watch out for Viper and She Hulk. lol

But playing better people does help. Eventually it'll just click for people and they'll stop guessing more and know what to do.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Savon's She-Hulk strikes again. I can't believe that car KO'd me! I thought I had you with the Phoenix Rage on reaction.

Savon

Smash Ace
Good games to everybody I played today. YES Serris I am still convinced that those two wins I got were hella lucky. I think my viper is getter a little bit better though, I just need to work on how to rush down with her and use her EX attacks more effectively.

I had to leave sooner than i wanted because I need to ice my face again to bring down the swelling. I will prob be on LATE tonight though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, guys. That was a lot of fun. I'm tired out from Marvel for today, so I'm done.
Serris, I almost had you that last match if Hsien-Ko's OTG super reached you in time. I was ready to DHC that to Zero for the win. lol

Savon, I really think you've gotten better. Just play the CPU in training mode to get better at blocking and you're set.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Good games, everyone. I don't think I got to fight Leafybug, though.

Good games to everybody I played today. YES Serris I am still convinced that those two wins I got were hella lucky.
LIES.

I noticed some significant improvement just watching those cards hump.

GGs, guys. That was a lot of fun. I'm tired out from Marvel for today, so I'm done.
Serris, I almost had you that last match if Hsien-Ko's OTG super reached you in time. I was ready to DHC that to Zero for the win. lol
Ask not for pity from Dark Phoenix. There is none in her.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Which crazy *** reset? Thor is like nothing but crazy *** resets.

How'd you do overall?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Eh, I dropped like 2 combo's that costed me a match. This is like my first one I went to. Like everyone said I was good. But, I had to borrow a ps3 stick, and I didn't warm up into on time. Overall, I did bad. Afterwards I talked to a fellow Chris main about some BnB's and Frame data. Then I played some friendlies everyone was watching my Thor, Wesker doing work.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll do a lot better next time.

Savon

Smash Ace
You get lots of street cred for playing Thor, and thanks again for the encouragement Serris and Minamoto. I always want to quit MvC3, but playing against cool people like you guys keeps me into the game. Online has a tendency of devolving into spamming and this "win at all costs" attitude that is devoid of any type of fun.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Sorry about having to leave earlier Minato, Savon & Serris, but something came up. I would have liked to play some more games, but eh. Playing Wesker online is so hard, and I still have trouble finding somebody to put on point. So as of now, my team is basically filler/Sentinel-B/Wesker-B. I suck too much to use Magneto. Any suggestions for a lead?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MvC3 is just generally a ghetto version of MvC2. Which is ironic because it costs more and has higher production values.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I don't understand why people learn frame data TBH.

It is interesting sure but not practical really.
Why is it impractical to learn frame data? That's like saying that it's impractical to know weapon stats in Call of Duty. They're a part of the game, and if you take it into consideration while playing, it will only better you as a player. I've always wanted to learn frame data, but I've been to busy to look it up/put any time into it.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Because how can you apply frame data to your play when it happens so fast?

If something happens on say, frame 10 of a move, its almost impossible to react to it in the heat of battle.

Top Bottom