• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

|| Developer ||Capcom||
|| Publisher ||Capcom||
|| Platform(s) ||XBox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita||
|| Genre ||Fighting||
|| Number of Players ||1-2||
|| Release Date ||November 15th, 2011||
|| ESRB Rating ||T (Teen) - Mild Language, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Violence||
|| PEGI Rating ||12+||
|| MSRP ||$39.99 USD||

[COLLAPSE="XBox Live Gamertags:"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="PlayStation Network IDs:"]
[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

I'm really hoping this rumor is true.

Given that circumstances, I think it'll fit perfectly on the Nintendo Wii.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Meh, I'll just wait to get it on the Playstation 3 once I get one of those systems.
Sorry if I sounded rude. With the rumor about it coming to 360/PS3, I just didn't see anything in there that would lead me to believe that it would be perfect for the Wii is all.

On topic, I'm excited for MvC3. Can't wait to see how the game turns out.
I can't see the game being balanced if they're aiming for a huge roster, but I'm hoping that there will be less BS than there was in MvC2.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I doubt they'll have FADCs and stuff, but I'm sure they'll have the magic series, etc. Some SFIV characters wouldn't be too bad either, like maybe Rufus, Abel, Viper, or something.

I just hope they have Sentinel and CapCom.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, they are talking about the graphics, not the gameplay.

Here, read the Eventhubs summary

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.

and the original quote

Capcom team decided to stick with what we know best, 2D - that being said it is not traditional 2D fighting, think more of a cross between Street Fighter IV and the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which sounds like a blast
So, the only question among the graphics that comes into question
Will Morrigan have a new sprite?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll be joining the rest of the Wii owners drooling over this and disappointed when it's officially announced that it's not coming to Wii.

Probably wouldn't have cared as much if we didn't have TvC, which was great but not knowing who half the cast was sucked. :c

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh man......now im excited.

Me and my friend Eoghan played MvC 2 A LOT!

The dream team of Magneto,Dr Doom and Ironman.....TEAM METAL FACE!

*goes to tell Eoghan about this*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, the only question among the graphics that comes into question
Will Morrigan have a new sprite?
Nope. They'll be sticking with Morrigan's TvC model for the next 10 years instead. :laugh:
the only thing i hope for is strider to get that wall cling move of his removed. i've seen WAY to many striders suicide cause of that move. other than that i really don't care what is added into mvc3.
Yeah... As someone who uses Strider a lot, it sucks inputting a move wrong and getting AHVBed.
Strider can't really live after that...

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Nope. They'll be sticking with Morrigan's TvC model for the next 10 years instead. :laugh:

Yeah... As someone who uses Strider a lot, it sucks inputting a move wrong and getting AHVBed.
Strider can't really live after that...
If Striders move set consisted of only Orbs, teleport, tigers/birds, bombs, and the move where he dashes through the air slashing (gram?) he would probably be god tier :laugh:

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
if strider was like mvc1 strider (minus the wall cling) he'd be god tier. i can only dream though :urg:

i really hope there is a universal air dash mechanic in mvc3, it's what made the god tiers so fun in the first place.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL Jump vs Capcom?

THIS IS MAHVEL BAYBEEEEEEE

Yo, this is going to be crazy, the Marvel scene is the most rowdy, loud mouth scene of them all and now it's REALLY gonna come back. :D

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I worry about this 'stealing some thunder' from TvC but who knows, maybe the balance that game has will allow it to thrive alongside its big name brother. It's amazing we're seeing MvC3 at all to be honest. Way to go Capcom.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If this game has more characters than MvC2, balance is pretty much out of the question as there will be an enormous gap between the best and the worst no matter what. One of the reasons MvC2 on Xbox360/PS3 was a straight port instead of an "HD Remix" was because the game would be a nightmare to balance.

kr3wman

Smash Master
OH HE SO PRINGLES

where yo curly moustache at?

im so hype.

its definitely going to kill TvC lulz no problem.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Not crazy about TvC's thunder getting killed, seeing as how I have a twisted love for that game, but I'm still pretty hyped. What's more, Deadpool's almost certainly in, which is even better.

Still, while it's unlikely, it could still theoretically come out on Wii, as they recently managed to succeed porting MT Framework for the Wii, which is what MvC3 is built on. And if that doesn't work, there's still the TvC engine...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The graphics for MvC3 kind of looks like what I expected, yet kind of didn't. It really does look like a beefed up version of TvC's graphics.
I'm going to miss the 2D 90's look the older Versus games had. :laugh:

Speaking of which, I'm playing MvC2 right now in celebration of this news.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Sadly I am not too hype for this game. MvC2 I was only good with low/mid tiers and have to main a character I don't like to win most of the time, but that's just my rant of it. I'll just see how this game flows.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That trailer was cool. Morrigan is such a tease, I love it.
No tease, she tried to kiss him to kill him, but the mask was in the way.

Here we can clearly see Chun Li, Deadpool, Captain America, and Felica. Beyond there we can speculate some others, perhaps Danta is there in his signature holding the sword look at ground stance, but beyound Deadpool, Chun Li, Captain America, and Felica, I don't believe you can clearly make anyone out.

Oh, and Super Skrull

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm hoping for Joe (Veiwtiful), Dr. Strange, Dante (who I think I can make out, as Heartz mentoned), ALL of the Fantasic Four, Thor, Carnage (can't remember if he was in MVC 1 or 2), Dr. Octopus and... hmm....

Galactus. Yep.

finalark

SNORLAX
... what? Carnage could replace Venny and... stuff....

Or am I just the only person in the world who likes Spider Man?

Anyway, Amaterasu from Okami would be the most win character for this game. Either that, or she'd be the "how the hell do I play you?" character.

Top Bottom