• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
Phoenix is suicidal anyways, most players just switch to her and do as much damage as they can until they die.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I forgot this picture existed and this just made my day <3
That's what I'm here for.

The only problem with TvC is that nobody played it.
Well, that, and it was on the Wii. >.>

Truthfully, I only played it once. It definitely didn't have big following like some other fighters I know. >,> <,< >,>

Also, X-Factor DP is bloody scary. 0____0

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That game was just awful.
I didn't play it a ton, but I thought it was pretty decent.
Gets too much hate just because that's the cool thing to do, I guess.

The only problem with TvC is that nobody played it.
And most of the people wrote it off as bad since they thought all the combos in the game were simple and easy magic series. Kinda like how people were hating on MvC3 at the start since a lot of people did magic series to OTG super. :ohwell:
I guess you guys can add me on the PSN list , pretty free Felicia/Morrigan/Ammy player for now
Is your PSN ID just Thino or is it something else?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
xmen vs street fighter - magz/wolvie
mvc2 - cable/blackheart/capcom (YUP)
64 - fox
melee - ice climbers
brawl - sheik
mvc3 - hsien ko/x-23/tron
3rd strike - makoto
sfiv - chun
ssfiv - makoto
scii - mitsurugi
scii - zerg
scbw - zerg
naruto ultimate ninja preshippuden games - ino
shippuden - kankuro / sakura for teams and ffa
naruto UNS2 - temari (this game ***** soooooo hard)
pokemon gen iv - infernape
pokemon gen v - chandelure/lilligant
ocarina of time - link
Maybe this should be done in my fighting game discussion thread??? >_>

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
I played TvC for a whole day, the controls felt clunky and the roster was full of unknown characters. Didn't matter for what system it was, the game was just bad.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think TvC is a fantastic game with great balance (excepting Lightan) and a very wierd combination of feeling like Street Fighter (emphasis on that slow kind of footsies) and feeling like an anime game (maneuverability).

I used to main TvC before I gave up on building the scene since people don't like the wii.

I used Ryu/Morrigan and Zero/Yatterman-2.

It's funny how little the game has gotten to develop. I still haven't seen a fully agreed upon tier list.

Edit: The biggest (non-community-related) problem I have with the game is how weak chip damage is.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No it wasn't. MvC3 is just TvC with faster gameplay TBH.

Roster? That makes a good game now? I guess that's why 3S is a terrible game, huh?

This game feels just like TvC with some MvC2 techs in the middle.

BTW, I'm known for hating TvC, but the fact of the matter is that I'm a marvel head and didn't like the huge changes and it feeling like a doujin fighter. It was preference.

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
Yes roster matters a whole lot, why else would dead or alive or melty blood not get as much hype as smash, street fighter, or MvC?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Let the record state that I like doujin fighters.

btw, Dead or Alive isn't hyped because it is a legitimately terrible series that even the best players despise.

Melty Blood isn't as widespread as other games because.... well, you try building a community around a game that you have to pirate and on a console you have to hack that also happens to be last gen.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yes roster matters a whole lot, why else would dead or alive or melty blood not get as much hype as smash, street fighter, or MvC?
LOL I'm guessing you don't know where Melty Blood characters even come from.

And while TvC isn't even close to my favorite fighters from Capcom, it wasn't a bad game, imo.
You only played it for one day and that's not enough time to get a good grasp on the game.

Like Etwist said, MvC3 feels like TvC but faster (but more stuff). So if TvC's clunky, MvC3 is clunky as well.

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
How about BlazBlue? the community isn't big and the game is current, and the characters are not bad, and the gameplay is fluent.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL Ignorance is bliss. Where is the biggest FG community? Japan. Is SF the biggest game in JP? Hell no. Does MvC even have a scene? No. How about smash? Melee is extremely small and the brawlers don't even play for money. But guess what? MB, BB, and AH are WAYYYYYY bigger than those games in JP.

America don't call the shots dawg. And to be honest, you stating DoA shows that you really don't know what you're saying. DoA is ASSSSSSSSSSS.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
If a game doesn't have a large following it's because of this one, powerful word:

Aaaaaaannimeeeee~

:/ Too many SF***s in the world that dislike anime games for face value (not directed at anyone).

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
I only play a few fighters. Mostly for recreation. And I was just setting an example, if we're going by what you're typing then according to you TvC SHOULD be big in japan.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
K

Mvc3: Zero/Dorm/Morrigan, Zero/Dante/Chris, Zero/Morrigan/X-23
Mvc2: Cable/CapCom/Cyclops.
64: Jigglypuff
Melee: Fox/Roy
Brawl: Pit/Mk/Marth
Pokemon: Roserade, Donphan, Clefable, G-Dos, Scizor, Zapdos.
Pkmn B/W: Ghost Fire, Steel Grass, Cloyster, Skarm, Ditto, Grass starter 3rd evo.
Naruto Pre shippuden: Naruto, Kabuto
Naruto Shippuden: Hidan.
UNS2: Hidan.
Blazblue CT: Ragna.
BBCS: Hazama, Tager, Ragna.
BBCS2: Ragna.
Guilty Gear: Testament.
TvC: Zero/Morrigan

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I only play a few fighters. Mostly for recreation. And I was just setting an example, if we're going by what you're typing then according to you TvC SHOULD be big in japan.
Except you're forgetting that stuff that's big in Japan is released in arcades.

TvC did very well in Japan because everyone owns a Wii. However, it didn't do well in Japan because it pretty much didn't exist in arcades.

edit: Added quote because ninja'd. :I

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Again, please do your research. It died in JP because UAS didn't get an arcade release.

edit: ninja'd
K

Mvc3: Zero/Dorm/Morrigan, Zero/Dante/Chris, Zero/Morrigan/X-23
Mvc2: Cable/CapCom/Cyclops.
64: Jigglypuff
Melee: Fox/Roy
Brawl: Pit/Mk/Marth
Pokemon: Roserade, Donphan, Clefable, G-Dos, Scizor, Zapdos.
Pkmn B/W: Ghost Fire, Steel Grass, Cloyster, Skarm, Ditto, Grass starter 3rd evo.
Naruto Pre shippuden: Naruto, Kabuto
Naruto Shippuden: Hidan.
UNS2: Hidan.
Blazblue CT: Ragna.
BBCS: Hazama, Tager, Ragna.
BBCS2: Ragna.
Guilty Gear: Testament.
TvC: Zero/Morrigan
PUT IN IN MY THREAD :mad:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289272&page=52

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
If you think about it, if it's a good game that everyone enjoys, then no matter what it won't die out. Example: SF2 turbo.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No, I'm saying that no one played TvC.

Therefore, even though it could fall into the category of "it's a good game that everyone enjoys," nobody played it.

Therefore, nobody enjoyed it.

Therefore, TvC died out.

My gosh.

edit: FREAKING NINJA'D AGAIN. :bee:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
ST had a scene already dude. Lemme guess, you just thought people were like "OMG look at this amazing game!!!" and flocked to it? CE and HF gained the crowd first and then ST came out. Plus the game had no competition. What were you gonna play? The old SNK games (cept for KoF 94')? Those games sucked ***. MK? No hype in JP.

don't forget about HDR, which isn't played in JP because IT NEVER GOT AN ARCADE RELEASE.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I got my copy of MvC 3 today. I'm going to start practicing my team tonight. Fee free to add me as I'll be adding as well.

PSN: GreyZeppelin

Impersonator

Smash Cadet
All these abbreviations are confusing to me. But ok, I guess that if a game doesn't get an arcade release it will automatically be ruled out. I learned something today.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Not necessarily true. But fighting games' success in Japan depends largely on their arcade release.

Just compare what's played at SBO to what's played at Evo. The line-up is completely different. Just goes to show what's popular in Japan as opposed to America. Their arcade scene is much stronger.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
All these abbreviations are confusing to me. But ok, I guess that if a game doesn't get an arcade release it will automatically be ruled out. I learned something today.
Super Turbo, Championship Edition, Hyper Fighting, King of Fighters, HD Remix.

And I'm not saying that that's not stupid but it's definitely a fact. Of course I'm only speaking of competetive FGs.

edit: opps, forgot about Mortal Kombat.

Top Bottom