• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
I am going to keep working my Chris today, and I have decided that Haggar is too awesome for me to not be using. Not sure about my 3rd character yet. Might just use Skrull

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Of course they are. He's probably the least-used character of them all. Except maybe Felicia or Commander Viper.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
No love for felicia...

I've seen some good footage of Vjoe, all I know is if you use Joe the only reason you should be on the ground for more than a second is before the fight starts and after you win. His air dashes make his mobility pretty good and unless your opponent pays attention the number of hits his Air S does can be dependent on when you do it. It can hit if they duck too early and nothing is meaner than to go right to his invisible overhead. And never stop Voomeranging, its not amazing but it is a sufficient way to harrass.

BTW Thor is too good (For the laughs), just don't fool yourself into just trying to land his cmd. throw, standing L can be a tech trap into M or H if you kara into his throw before... it only takes one throw to scare your opponent...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You want to play an obscure character. You play V. Joe.

NO ONE USES HIM.
Sir, you have insulted my Joe's honor, I challenge you to a dual. :mad:

So, apparently, I have to create a team to participate in the GameBattles singles ladder. Anyone else interested in doing it? Also, for anyone already registered, you can get at my profile here.
I'll join if there's still room.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'll join if there's still room.
There is. What's your GameBattles name? I just lost my first match 1-2, but the guy was pretty nice, so I did some friendlies afterward. Not counting the ladder matches, I won 7 times and lost 8. His Wesker was insane, though he did appreciate my Phoenix. Especially after she annihilated his Spencer on point.

Savon

Smash Ace
This is crazy. Haggar is the only character i have ever used where I cannot seem to do his basic S, j, m, m, h, s, air combo. His aerials are so weird. Anybody got some advice for this?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No love for felicia...

I've seen some good footage of Vjoe, all I know is if you use Joe the only reason you should be on the ground for more than a second is before the fight starts and after you win. His air dashes make his mobility pretty good and unless your opponent pays attention the number of hits his Air S does can be dependent on when you do it. It can hit if they duck too early and nothing is meaner than to go right to his invisible overhead. And never stop Voomeranging, its not amazing but it is a sufficient way to harrass.

BTW Thor is too good (For the laughs), just don't fool yourself into just trying to land his cmd. throw, standing L can be a tech trap into M or H if you kara into his throw before... it only takes one throw to scare your opponent...
I used to use Felicia, but I couldnt get the hang of her shenanigans. She also has low life. It's bad enough I already use Zero and Arthur. I dont need my whole team to bleed.

Sir, you have insulted my Joe's honor, I challenge you to a dual. :mad:
I'm sorrry, but it's true! And with Sent's health nerf, I will assure you that now THOR will get more usage as a training mode dummy!

Also what's a Kara throw.

kr3wman

Smash Master
a kara throw is canceling the first few frames of a normal into a throw, giving it more range.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wait you can kara throw in this?

*flight mode back to training*
Sentinel, YOU have a kara command throw. How could you not know about these things? Did they nerf your OS as well as your health?

This is crazy. Haggar is the only character i have ever used where I cannot seem to do his basic S, j, m, m, h, s, air combo. His aerials are so weird. Anybody got some advice for this?
idk why you'd have trouble with them. Sometimes I whiff S on smaller characters but otherwise it's not hard.

j.M j.M j.H QCFS is a better combo anyway. Focus on that one more unless you're doing missions in mission mode or something.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Felicia's light version of her command grab has impressive range, you can do two standing lights and still be in range to grab, her airthrow is similiar in terms of range and should be used when possible.

@GHNeko: yeah felicia is a tad too squishy for her own good and is very reliant on assists...shenanigans aside. Especially with the team your using, felicia can function on point or as an anchor but meter is a must either way.

@Leafy: Be aware of the command grab, while it does offer almost guarenteed damage the scaling generally limits the damage in the range of 350-400K meterless (You can do more with proper assists and using Hyper combos) If meter is in surplus you should almost always tack on the hyper after toy touch (otg normal) and jump cancel into the hyper (2369 + 2 atk buttons)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Thor obv needs a kara throw his Mighty Hurricane H has some of the ****tiest grab range. So he has to Cancel his Down H to Mighty Hurricane H, then, S, M, M, H, Mighty Strike L or M, to Lighting Tornado.

Which does 589k

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Was playing my roommate again today since he recently got back and he was just kinda playing a bunch of random characters. But anyway, how do I deal with Morrigan's mirror super? I use She-Hulk and Taskmaster with an undecided third.

cutter

Smash Champion
Was playing my roommate again today since he recently got back and he was just kinda playing a bunch of random characters. But anyway, how do I deal with Morrigan's mirror super? I use She-Hulk and Taskmaster with an undecided third.
Block the real Morrigan. The one that has the glowing aura is the doppelganger. You will always be facing the real Morrigan.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Hmm... Savon, when it comes to your team, I think you're being held back by Chris. Haggar and Storm have potential, but Chris's limited range and lack of high damage is bringing down the team. If you use Storm's whirlwind assist and Haggar's pipe, I think you can safely bring Super-Skrull or She-Hulk into the mix with a moderate degree of success. Of course, you could always try Phoenix, too. :awesome:

Good games!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OPEN FIRE!

BEYBLADE!

or whatever he says when he does 236H

i have a secondary team called "team salty"

modok joe chris

LOOOOOOOOOL trollin all day.

ANALYZE CUBE
VOOMERANG
OPEN FIRE
NYAHAHAHAH (shield)
HYPER PSIONIC BLASTER

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
OPEN FIRE!

BEYBLADE!

modok joe chris

ANALYZE CUBE
VOOMERANG
OPEN FIRE
NYAHAHAHAH (shield)
HYPER PSIONIC BLASTER
What platform do you play on, anyway?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

i dont own the game

been playing with my friends

we r all too busy to practice the game so we're all at the same mediocre level

getting decent levels of exp though

esp cuz my school holds locals every now and then

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The PSN list here is larger, and the game sold more on PS3, but it seems almost like the 360 version has more players somehow. This bothers me.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
OPEN FIRE!

BEYBLADE!

modok joe chris

ANALYZE CUBE
VOOMERANG
OPEN FIRE
NYAHAHAHAH (shield)
HYPER PSIONIC BLASTER

OPEN FIRE, EAT LEAD, SUCK IT, FIRE IN THE HOLE, BRING THE PAIN, TAKE THAT, BODY BLOW, ONE MORE, YOU'RE FINISHED, EAT IT. GOTCHA NOW. LOADING GRENADE, OPEN FIRE, DID THAT WORK? ONE TWO, HERE'S ANOTHER, TAKE IT. NO ONE'S DYING ON MY WATCH.

I love chris.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Well, after playing him again, I think Savon's onto something by including a zoning character, which Dormammu excels at. Still, I'm not quite sure what needs adjusting. Storm seems stable enough, but Haggar's a little too slow. But I know you want to keep him, Savon, so I don't know what to tell you.

Savon

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help Serris. Storm is working out pretty well, and Dormammu is playing his part well. I just need to work on my teleport game with Dormmamu and take advantage of his 8-way airdash. I am getting better with Haggar. I just need consistency

Top Bottom