• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Minato said:
I don't know how to punish the H teleport follow up though, but I'll take your word for it.
I get airthrown on the way down a lot, before the hitbox of my air S actually comes out. Which isn't exactly a punish, I guess, but there isn't enough wiggle room for Wesker to actually apply pressure.
...hmm, maybe I'm thinking of air gun to L teleport though, which has more ending lag.

Savon

Smash Ace
I havent touched MvC3 in a bit. Prolly cuz I hate getting my *** whupped in it.
I know how you feel, but this game is still fun. As long as I am having fun I will still play this game no matter how much I lose. I rather lose to the amazing players here than win against a bunch of projectile spammers. That is why I am always stalking Serris and Matador the moment they get online to play me even though I know I do not provide a challenge to them.

Just practice and try to get better like me. Don't get discouraged bro.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
PSN is still down right? I was hoping to get some games in...
Yeah, unfortunately. Was hoping to play some matches with everyone, especially with the new chat up and running...but meh.

Keeping entertained with Valkyria Chronicles, LoL, and inFAMOUS in the mean time.

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hsien ko can't catch people? maybe so

but regardless

if someones running away im gonna activate bling bling armor and fill the screen with my PENDULUM

i'll take that metsu hadou
i'll take that chaotic flame

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, on the subject of the game, how about that glitch that makes Crimson Viper and Akuma invulnerable to beam hypers? Do you guys think it should stay or be removed?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Akuma Beam Nulification and CViper Beam Nulification

Personally I think it should be kept. It takes two bars (or a bar and X-factor), and the opponent can always DHC/Safe DHC/Xfactor themselves.
Thank you, Sethlon.

That is a pretty neat trick. I'm with you on keeping it in; it has the potential to be reversed on people in the ways you listed.

Smooth Criminal

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Maximum Wesker is the easiest hyper in the game to stop or at least trade with.

I had noticed that Akumas hyper did that sometimes but I just thought it was some insane timing thing coupled with startup invincibility.

That is awesome to know.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The invincibility frames in the attacks should allow you to cancel Maximum Wesker easily. Considering it's low damage output, I don't even know why a Wesker would even consider using Maximum Wesker when you have the ability to guard. It's a waste of a hyper bar if they don't combo into it, and even then, it's complete garbage.

Unless you're going to try and trade hits with a hyper combo, I guess.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Stop that line of discussion right there. If any of you purposely derail the thread into discussion of other games, you will be infracted. First and final warning.

I thought we learned this lesson last time this happened and F8AL told everyone to stop.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

As for whether the game is rushed, I think it kind of is. They focused a lot of their time on balancing the game but missed out on some features, IMO.
I was pretty dissapointed that the 'story mode' ended up getting dropped. Was looking forward to finding out what happened after the Episode 3 trailer.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
How does it take two bars? Akuma was safe with just one.
does it have to be full screen?
You're not quite getting it.
The point of the trick is that Akuma can nullify a projectile super, and then either X-factor or DHC to someone with a power up super (like Dante), and then cash in a full combo instead of simply hitting with the end of Akuma's shoryu super. To counter act this, the Akuma's opponent can either X-factor or DHC his projectile super to make himself safe again.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I think Crimson Viper might be the most effective Dark Phoenix counter I've used yet.

You don't even need to use a level 3, just use your X-Factor and wait for her to try and punish you. The second she gets up close, you can EX Thunder Knuckle through anything she uses into a instant kill combo. If she teleports above or behind you, you can use Burst Time against it. She could always play keepaway and spam TK shots or something, but her health will start ticking down, so all you need to do is get close enough to Seismic Hammer H on her.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This 12-year-old Tron Bonne player is ridiculously good.
I must be missing something, but personally thought both players were pretty bad (or at least made a lot of really poor decisions in those matches). As for the Tron, all I saw were shorter and mostly dropped Clakey D combos.

Also, I should start using Tron on point for fun again online. A lot of people get hit by her jC for some odd reason which leads to 900k damage or so. lol
I was pretty dissapointed that the 'story mode' ended up getting dropped. Was looking forward to finding out what happened after the Episode 3 trailer.
Yeah, I wish they really did make a story mode for the game. It really sounded like they were going to early on, so it was a little disappointing when it didn't have one.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Who ever is using the X-23 stop using talon attack without an Assist covering you. Also, It would be better with Super Skrull if you Do an aerial combo, end it then do his Air down H? That one move that he smashes down, then Relaunch to either inferno or his other super. Also the wolvy should use Beserker Slash with an assist covering him. Also Its better to Super Jump then Machine gun with Chris. If he's gonna get around 2/3rd's close drop a Nade L.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I think I've gotten better :D I've started using assists more and now I'm a little more consistant with starting combos and stuff. Now I just need to work on my technicality in the game.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
If the PlayStation Network is up tomorrow, anyone want to fight? I need to practice for a tournament next Sunday.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I won't be of much help, and I doubt that PSN will be back up tomorrow, but I'd be down to play for a bit.

I was just playing with some old friends from where I used to live, I've never been bodied so badly in my life. I think I lost like 100 games straight, but after a while, I began losing a lot less. I've also noticed that I love using Zero a lot. Still improving =D

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why does everyone call for nerfs in this game? why don't people ask for buffs to characters? designers should buff instead of nerf

Top Bottom