• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
That whole time he went chris i was dissapointed in his play style but I laughed at every RE Joke he made xD. "Go back to your last save point!"

Edit

Savon

Smash Ace
That pic had me loling sooooo hard. It makes me want to learn Taskmaster. I kinda wanna have a team of all hitmen/assassins/mercs.

Spencer/Deadpool/Taskmaster?

Any team synergy going on with a team like that? I know the pure basics of them all, so it can't be that scary/

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Lol @ Evo's ruling committee saying playing Phoenix on point "is universally regarded as a losing strategy."

_Dice

Smash Ace
Lol @ Evo's ruling committee saying playing Phoenix on point "is universally regarded as a losing strategy."
eh playing pheonix on point without good assists is a losing strategy, i'll give them that.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The ultimate losing strategy is playing Chris period

Deadpool been breaking the 4th wall since the 80's
Considering Deadpool was created in 1991, no.

Also considering he didn't break the fourth wall and wasn't a generic "super badass" 90's extreme comic character until much later, also no.

God I hate Liefeld

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
pheonix is a good character w/o DP if you can play her. and when she has an assist or two to make everythign safe.
You are still gimping yourself by putting her on point. To much risk for to little reward. Her damage output is mediocre unless you are willing to burn meter in which case no DP. If your trying to run a phoenix team that doesn't revolve around DP then sorry it won't work.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
He also put her on point on a team with Dormammu and Super Skrull, who are notorious meter hogs. I'd call that one hell of a losing strategy, even ignoring that Wong has no idea how to use Skrull as anything but an assist.

Wong was ****ing around at best, throwing the match at worst, but there were far worse things happening at PowerUp.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Sounds like a team of random meter powerhouses. No idea why anyone would want to use them together. Then again, if you can land one hit and have about two bars, you can just chain supers to KO just about any character on the roster.

Still extremely silly.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Oh, by the way: Did anyone see the change from 2/3 to 3/5 in teams right after one team won 2 sets? That was terrible.

Sounds like a team of random meter powerhouses. No idea why anyone would want to use them together. Then again, if you can land one hit and have about two bars, you can just chain supers to KO just about any character on the roster.

Still extremely silly.
It is extremely silly, and it's even sillier when the guy playing the team can't even get Skrull's teleports right.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Felicia is easily zoned because her wavedash is bad and she's Brawl Ganondorf in the air (moves nowhere, ever). She should have a double jump or at least be able to wall jump from sj height.

CAPCOMPETENCE

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
But she hard to Advance Guard.
DISRPUTAH DISRUPTAH DISRUPTAH!

UGHHHHHH! UGHHHH! UGHHHH! (Or UGHHHHHH! *teleport crossup, combo.* YA LIKE THAT? BURN TO CINDERS! CHAOTIC FLAME! * X-factor!* BURN TO CINDERS! CHAOTIC FLAME!)

EAT IT SUCK IT EAT IT SUCK IT EAT SUCK IT LOADING GRENADE!

TYPHOON! TYPHOON! TYPHOON!

*crack pipe!* *crack pipe!* *crack pipe!*

(Okay, maybe that isn't really true-blue zoning on Haggar's part, but dat pipe.)

Do I really need to go through the rest of the cast? It's extremely hard for Felicia to approach. :p Her advantage of nullifying advancing guard won't matter if she's out-zoned.

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
She can still get in its not that hard the only hard thing for her is to land a hit while getting in.

And for Chris its more like, OPEN FIRE, *ASSIST* OPEN FIRE, SUCK IT.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah i see, interesting

ah well... gotta find a way! hehe. i main x-23 and she can get zoned, but it's not as bad cuz she moves full screen very quickly. i just gotta learn how to get into storm and i'm good haha... dorm chris modok magneto etc... not that hard. but storm with meter is soooo annoying :(

i'm inspired by hori|tatsu perfecting people ♥

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to jump in, but what's the problem with Felicia? Her rolling move is pretty fast to stop spamming, and you could always super jump or Delta Kicking to approach.

Thino

Smash Master
Sorry to jump in, but what's the problem with Felicia? Her rolling move is pretty fast to stop spamming, and you could always super jump or Delta Kicking to approach.
Delta Kick yes maybe , but super-jump? I often got heavily punished for that

I has a sad Felicia

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Felicia has issues in critical areas...

1: Health...Yeah its generally pretty average for female characters to have below average health (unless you in mech or raging on some gamma) so its effectively one or two combos and she's dead.

2: Damage...With most of the cast having either an easily comboable lvl 3 (wesker/mag/etc.) or easily abusable DHC glitch (Dante/Sent/etc.) felicia's options for both are rather poor...

3: Assist...Felicia's assists are lacking on average. Don't bother with the sand kick as range, startup, and priority generally get beaten by most moves. The cat spike would've been godly if it was an overhead so the only advantage you get with it is the ground bounce if you have a character with an OTG but no ground bounce. Her rolling buckler is the general choice because of the speed and with the second hit being low.

4: General Issues...For a werecat/nekomata/catwoman her mobility is lacking on the ground and pitiful in the air. Jumping approaches are on par with Haggar without the pipe and generally don't convert into easily confirmable combos. Her wall cling isn't effective due to startup and generally not being consistent unless directly in the corner...would it kill capcom to make a command input for a wall jump? At this point I wish felicia had the crawl movement like Tao in a game where disrupters and sentinel spitting is rampant...

Top Bottom