• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Assists are temporarily unavailable after snapbacks anyway. Is it locked out for longer? What is the point of this?
I'm assuming it means if you hit an assist character while both they and the point character is out with a snapback, then the assist character becomes unable to be used.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
... 600k alone? Is that without X-Factor? Cuz holy crap that's good.
I'm pretty sure that's what S-Kill said lol. 600k unscaled damage. Makes sense since you need 3 solid evidence.
I'm really looking forward to using him since characters with strange playstyles fit me.

It's going to be fun going into Turnabout mode with him.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
sorry about that gates, haha.

Phoenix wright (and nova) is on stream being demo'ed by seth. Phoenix's useful evidence are actually pretty good for keep away. Level 3 does 600k, and missile assist does hit low. His "trip" is an overhead. It's not a random trip like brawl.
link to stream link to stream!!!!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I wonder if you will be able to X-Factor out of Doom's aerial Photon array into a foot dive and continue comboing?

I also hope his green gun is buffed so I can use it in more combos.

Pikaville

That may happen sooner than you think.

I'm thinking of changing my name to Dr Doom or Victor Von Doom.

I'm not sure I have the heart to get rid of Sentinel though.

Pikaville

He is my boy.

Crushing unsuspecting Top tiers since 2010.

That one of my favorite things about Sentinel, he can kill the likes of Wolvie, Dante, Magneto all by himself in 1 combo without X-Factor.

He probably won't be able to do that in UMvC3 though.

Mainly because of no RP>PS.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Chris is a horrible, horrible character. You could pick any other character in the entire game and your team would be exponentially better for it. Chris has very limited offensive options, bad defensive options, poor zoning, and damage that's average at best. He was one of the worst characters in the entire game in Shaq Fu and I seriously doubt that he'll be that much better in Ultimate Shaq Fu.

If you want a good battery, pick Wesker. He still builds ****loads of meter in Ultimate Shaq Fu, he doesn't need supers to be good, and he's getting negligible nerfs (lower health, can't combo off of air throws outside the corner, DHC glitch is gone) with a huge buff (sunglasses damage boost).
Chris is not bad. Especially now with all the buffs he's gotten in Ultimate. People are sleeping on Chris big time.

First off, this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT5Z9IRnqwc

second, Chris is one of the few characters in Ultimate that will still have a **** load of health. His mobility got boosted big time with a better wavedash and better guns. Wesker on the other hand has slower teleports, slower health, ect. Chris gets tons of meter just from chipping and he can take the pain alot.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just noticed some of Nova's moves use up his red health when preformed.

Probably adds damage/durability to the moves that use it.
S-Kill mentioned that in the Deadly Bison interview.

You are correct, sir. His level one beam super, depending on how much red life was used, can hit as hard as a level 3.

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
1. Spam Nova assist
2. Let him take half his health or more in red health
3. Swap to Nova
4. Use beam
5. ???
6. PROFIT
Problem with that is, someone could snap him in rendering that red health useless.

Phoenix Wright seems to have Doom or Cap Health, probably Doom health. His damage output looks decent, Nova has probably dante Health, His damage output is less than Vanilla Wesker's

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Problem with that is, someone could snap him in rendering that red health useless.

Phoenix Wright seems to have Doom or Cap Health, probably Doom health. His damage output looks decent, Nova has probably dante Health, His damage output is less than Vanilla Wesker's
I didn't mean Swap, I meant DHC, welp. A level 3 for only two bars? I can dig it.

Also:

"Level 3 hyper can only be used in Turnabout mode, hits basically entire screen and will OTG. Doing 600,000 points of unscaled damage."

I have a good feeling that Phoenix Wright is gonna be preeeeeetty high tier. We'll just have to see if people put the time and effort into learning him and building a team around him. Also, the evidence walk is my favorite move, and it's an assist apparently. **** yeah.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Can't block during airdashes + 8way dash speed nerf is a larger nerf to Phoenix than anything else targted directly at her.

TL?

Smash Ace
What the **** just happened at the panel ._.

EDIT: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/10/15/nycc-umvc3-panel-reveals-heroes-and-heralds-mode.html

Howard the Duck is a card and this mode is completely optional. Better, but it still irks me. At least people complaining "THERE WON'T BE ANY NEW MODES!!!!" got shut up :p
This could be interesting. The cards mode could be fun for a few times. The important thing is that it's an extra mode, so it can't be in any way detrimental to the actual game. Nothing to worry about here. :bee:

cutter

Smash Champion
Gah, Capcom just trolled me by not revealing RR with Wright. They actually broke the color patterns when I was initially convinced that RR would be with Wright when the tweets came out about Wright being revealed soon for NYCC! :(

What the **** just happened at the panel ._.

EDIT: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/10/15/nycc-umvc3-panel-reveals-heroes-and-heralds-mode.html

Howard the Duck is a card and this mode is completely optional. Better, but it still irks me. At least people complaining "THERE WON'T BE ANY NEW MODES!!!!" got shut up :p
That's not even the best part:

Q: Is Mega Man poster a troll?
A: Yes.

:seuss:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Gah, Capcom just trolled me by not revealing RR with Wright. They actually broke the color patterns when I was initially convinced that RR would be with Wright when the tweets came out about Wright being revealed soon for NYCC! :(

Capcom new I was onto them and I broke their Capcode, so they had to switch it up because I ruined everything :awesome:

But in all seriousness I think they wanted to show PW ASAP after people were disappointed by TGS, but still wanted some pizazz for the last reveal. With PW and RR revealed now would anyone have cared about anywhere near as much as Nova and Frank getting revealed later?

I would because I love Nova, I was disappointed at first but now I see a good anchor (problem Gates :troll:)?

Q: Is Mega Man poster a troll?
A: Yes.

:seuss:
I thought this was obvious. I'm still never playing on any stage but the Days of Future Past stage and maybe the new GnG stage.

Top Bottom