• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I’ve got a good feeling they’re gonna do a Smash video update in a similar to style to the Roy/Ryu direct. I do wonder if they’ll do any sort of update between 3.0.0 and now tho.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wow... that was kinda... lackluster...

Well, I at least expect some announcement in April to coincide with Joker's release

A Smash Direct, perhaps?

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Look if you're dead set on thinking a Digimon actually has a chance to get in, then more power to you. I have no desire to change your belief.
Yes i am , and i can prove it to you Agumon has more chances than 70% os the characters people ask here.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Deltarune, Mario Maker 2, Links Awakening, and TETRIS BATTLE ROYALE are the only things I cared about in this direct.

Everything else went from "cool" to "eh"

Shroob

Sup?
But yes, the simple fact of the matter is between now and Joker's release, there has to be 'something'.

We know nothing of his moveset, and there's just no way we're going to get a 3rd party character dropped into Smash blind without a glimpse of how he actually plays.

That'd be akin to asking people to buy the mystery box.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokémon is obviously trying something new.

They're saying nothing about the new game until close to release.

I'd say that wouldn't work, but this is Pokémon we're talking about.
I dunno, there's that big Pokemon day event. And some insiders on the Pokemon side are saying to watch out for the days around that event.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’ve got a good feeling they’re gonna do a Smash video update in a similar to style to the Roy/Ryu direct. I do wonder if they’ll do any sort of update between 3.0.0 and now tho.
What if they pull a Robin/Lucina and decide to drop a random trailer?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
someone has suggested the codenames could be chosen because they begin with the same first letter as the fighter.

Jack = Joker
Brave = could be someone whos name begins with a B?
Have we ever considered this, yet?
KSA_Bandana_Waddle_Dee.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, so now that we're getting in that honeymoon phase of the Nintendo Directs and I'm home, my overall thoughts. Overall, I thought that it was pretty solid, though I really wish that they covered the bases with April and May's schedules, especially March's. It feels a little bit barren for this Spring for some people, but hey, I got practically every Final Fantasy game I ever wanted to play and have to finish them in a month. God help me.

Anyways, here's the main takeaways!

What Happened, My Thoughts
  • Super Mario Maker 2 - Hell yeah. Looks like they went with the Smash Ultimate approach and made this an entirely new game. ****ing looks sick, and Koopas on Jeeps. I never played the original, and good thing I didn't. This looks like all what I wanted before on the original. Expect Mario Maker to once again to dominate YouTube and niconico. Also June release? Let's get it!
  • Smash Ultimate: Joker + Persona 5 Music & Stage + Ver. 3.0.0 Coming in April - April? Now THAT'S a great release timing. Gives time to breathe and a feeling of what pace they're going with the pack releases.
  • Marvel + Rune Factory + Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice + Box Boy! - Not really a fan, since I never played these games, but they look nice. Miiiight give them a try, if the price is right.
  • Captain Toad Treasure Tracker + Starlink: Battle for Atlas Updates - Haven't played these games either, but I've heard that they're good games. Especially Captain Toad. Also, HEY. STAR FOX GRAND PRIX. IT WAS THERE ALL ALONG.
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - I LOVED Curse of the Moon, and Ritual of the Night looks to be mostly what I expect and am excited for. I like the customization and the voice acting is just what I expected. Cheesy Castlevania ****.
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 + XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age- Definitive Edition HD Remastered Deluxe - Man, they REALLY are trying their best to get Dragon Quest known in the west, aren't they? I think they spent more time on this than Fire Emblem with that segment, and honestly, a bit too long. I'll admit, DQXI does look pretty damn good, but again, this was the FIRST game that was ever announced for the Switch and man... I just wish this happened in better circumstances. Also, the name is stupid. Why add "Definitive Edition"? Is this just gonna be a new thing now? Tales of Vesperia, Hyrule Warriors, Christ...
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I was a bit worried that they would go the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 route and go 8 minutes, but it was five minutes, and that's all they needed. PERFECT length spent and I felt like I understood it better then how they did it with Xenoblade. The story is more intriguing than Awakening and Fates and I admittedly can get behind this game! This might be the first Fire Emblem game I buy. ALSO BACK TO BACK WITH MARIO MAKER, YES. THIS IS THE **** I WANT, NINTENDO. BACK TO BACK RELEASES.
  • Mortal Kombat 11 + Crash Team Racing Switch Affirmation - Yes. Yes, all of my yes. I'm so glad that they've affirmed that the release date is day-in-day with all the other versions. And aside from during the Direct, the eShop is update with the CTR Remake and is also day-in-day! I'm glad that developers who know what they're doing are getting the Switch done right.
  • Assassin's Creed III Remastered + Dead by Daylight + Oninaki + Disney Tsum Tsum + GRID Autosport - ...Okay.
  • Tetris 99 - ****ING TETRIS BATTLE ROYALE, AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE IT??? GOOD **** THAT IT'S FREE, TOO.
  • DAEMON X MACHINA - We got a release date for Summer and it still is looking really good. I love that they wanna get feedback, too. They really seem to be passionate, and I'm all for putting my money on the game for devs like that.
  • DELTARUNE Chapter 1 - ...Free? Well ****, guess I'm gonna have to get it. Also, HEYO SWITCH THE FIRST CONSOLE TO GET CONSOLE PORT, GET ****ED.
  • Final Fantasy Switch Releases - Final Fantasy VII out on March 26th, weird but okay. Final Fantasy IX OUT NOW. **** YES. LET'S ****ING GO. Now that all we need is info on Crystal Chronicles Remastered, that was the only game we still don't know stuff about yet. Overall, pretty content. We practically have a Final Fantasy game every month, ESPECIALLY April with TWO (three?) Final Fantasy games. Good ****.
  • ASTRAL CHAIN - I wanted Bayonetta 3, but this looks to be pretty damn nice. Almost like the Chrono Trigger of beat 'em ups. Crossover between developers of NieR: Automata, Bayonetta and ZETMAN? I'm ****ing DOWN.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake - ...Well ****. Niiiice. Admittedly, I thought the beginning looked like an Erdrick reveal. This was MUCH better than I hoped. Looks cute and I ****ing LOVED the manga adaptation. The reactions are INSANE, so it must've been a classic I never played, just like all the other games, lmao.
What Didn't Happen, My Thoughts
  • Mother 3, Rex & Pyra in Smash Ultimate or FFVII Out Today - Meh. But hey, SWITCH AROUND THE VII WITH IX AND I WAS RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING.
  • Bayonetta 3 - Okay. It's been since VGA 2017. How have we not gotten a single ****ing trailer? Hoping for anytime before E3 or during E3, but getting no info is starting to get stupid.
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - Does... Does Atlus not know about this game? I guess I'll settle with Persona, then.
  • Monolith Soft's New Project / Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - ...They literally just put job listings out months ago. I ain't disappointed in the slightest or expected it at all, lmao.
  • Animal Crossing - I'm not as bummed out about it as everyone else, but to say the Direct was **** because no Animal Crossing is asinine. We already had the game announced. You want it to be a good game for the Holiday, right? So just be patient. I've waited for Final Fantasy on Switch, you can wait for Animal Crossing.
  • Persona 5 Switch - I sorta expected this to not show up, but even then, I always had that sliiiight feeling. But hey, there's always next month when that livestream happens.
  • F-Zero - And it keeps on coming and it keeps on coming and it keeps on coming and it keeps on coming and it keeps on coming ...
  • Actual Smash Ultimate Info - So we have 3.0.0. coming, right? So how's about we actually have info instead of Joker's actual back? The model looks nice, but it really should've been more than what we got.
  • No Wii U Ports - THANK GOD. Just keep them new vibes rollin' and I'll keep buyin'.
  • SNES Online & Plans to Improve NSO - C'mon. You have the code in the NES app. And you wanna boost plans, right? So uhhh how about telling us??? Tetris Battle Royale is amazing, but that ain't gonna be enough.

So overall? 8/10 Direct.

Graizen

Smash Champion
People would put anything as Brave, but the character that have Brave as his ****** crest they don't want to.

I can't believe it.

Next they will say "Oh! Medusa is Brave becouse she was brave to be a villain in Kid Icarus!"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Honestly if we every have to choose between the girl or the guy in Astral Chains at any point I'm gonna cry because I love both of them

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm still mixed on Link's Awakening remake's style. I would have liked something similar to the animation they showed in the intro. But I get they were going for a GB game in HD. But I don't know if it has the charm that a Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker/Minish Cap ect. have.

Random question but how would y'all feel if these were the final four?

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Doomslayer
-Sephiroth
-Phoenix Wright
I would be happy with most of them. Except Spehiroth, because that sword would be a nightmare to deal with in a 2D game.

Phoenix Wright would be sick since a family member of mine wants him in.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What I'm wondering is, Did the SM3DW assets replace NSMB's or are they just a 5th option alongside NSMB?

I really hope it's the latter, or perhaps they were combined. I just don't want to lose the propeller mushroom and other stuff.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People would put anything as Brave, but the character that have Brave as his f***** crest they don't want to.

I can't believe it.

Next they will say "Oh! Medusa is Brave becouse she was brave to be a villain in Kid Icarus!"
Will the people dismissing Agumon still look foolish when it's been four characters later and he's still not shown up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom