• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Ok let's just get it out of the way now who's on team March Smash Direct and who's on team E3 Smash Direct
I'm on team "Stop, you guys! Tribalism is a bad way to solve many problems, leads to stupid arguments, turns anything and everything and anything into a battlefield, and doesn't really accomplish anything" I'm gonna have a fun time putting it onto a poster.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If they don't reveal any more characters until E3, that's gonna be a pretty busy second half of 2019 for Smash.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'm on team "Stop, you guys! Tribalism is a bad way to solve many problems, leads to stupid arguments, turns anything and everything and anything into a battlefield, and doesn't really accomplish anything" I'm gonna have a fun time putting it onto a poster.
oh buddy you would've had a great time during the grinch leak

D

Deleted member

If you ask me, there’s no reason to find the Erdrick absence surprising.

They set us up to get an upcoming Smash Direct to reveal more there. The focus here was obviously games that were “not Smash”, and the scheduling of the Direct really wouldn’t have made any sense to say, “Hey, Smash 3.0 is coming, here’s Erdrick” after briefly showing Joker. It also wouldn’t have made sense to show Erdrick after a segment on Dragon Quest XI, mainly because that’s a 3rd party title you’d be overshadowing as well with Smash.

Sure, it was hyped up. But this is a Smash website. We always put things out of context and place it into the immediate context of Smash. In the last week, there was an assumption that Shantae or Edelgard we’re locks because of a VA, there was consistent belief for a decent amount of time that Doomguy and Steve were locks, among other things.

Definitely, one way or the other, the Smash community has to chill out just a tad. Chances are we’re going to get a Smash Direct, and that’s where we’ll get more. There isn’t as much of a focus on the game anymore, so we can’t always go in expecting big news. This Direct was proof of that.
I'm not even counting Erdrick out. However, I personally believe he's far from the lock we all assumed he'd be now. Assuming that an entire Smash Direct is coming may also be putting too high of expectations on 3.0.0 when it's contents could be tweeted out or contained within a Direct Mini with other info. Info on Kirby's big updates came through Twitter, after all.

I'm not making any serious, hard predictions anymore after today, TBH. I'm pretty much content to chill and let things happen when they happen for this game's DLC. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on Erdrick still being considered a lock. :drshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know, if you see Jack as being a reference to how Joker get's called a "jack of all trades," Brave could also be Ninten since Pippi calls him brave.

Or, Jack being a Jack Frost reference - but we get Joker instead, so Brave being a "Hero" reference - but we get Slime instead :shades:

Random question but how would y'all feel if these were the final four?

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Doomslayer
-Sephiroth
-Phoenix Wright
-yes.
-okay.
-Despite being interested in FF, including the entry he's in, I have no interest in him whatsoever, but okay. I might only feel this way because I'm hoping for some new third-party series, since we might also get 1st-parties...though he'd really just be "okay, whatever" to me.
-yeah he seems cool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that I do think about it. I do feel we will for certain get a reveal before E3. Whether in March or in April once the update arrives. I guarantee one of those two months.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth are secretly a couple.
If this is true, than that would be epic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
We’re obviously getting a Smash Direct before Joker gets released.

The way they cut us off from info showed that. They’ll “have more later, so stay tuned!” That, and they still have to sell people on Joker. They will formally reveal him and explain his moveset. They’ll talk about game modes coming in the patch.

They will reveal a new DLC character.

That much, I expect. Like, I think that’s obviously happening.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We’re obviously getting a Smash Direct before Joker gets released.

The way they cut us off from info showed that. They’ll “have more later, so stay tuned!” That, and they still have to sell people on Joker. They will formally reveal him and explain his moveset. They’ll talk about game modes coming in the patch.

They will reveal a new DLC character.

That much, I expect. Like, I think that’s obviously happening.
Only question when though? I'm honestly thinking either March or April.

ekc

Smash Cadet
I'm going for Smash Direct in April that releases Joker after and showcases the 3.0.0 update. Maybe they announce Brave, with some gameplay since there was already data for them, with a June E3 release, and while at E3 they announce a massive character like a Microsoft rep or something worth putting at E3 for.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing about Jack being tied to Joker is we don't know why it is. There's at least 3 different ways it can relate to him. That means that Brave can have more than one meaning. It's not absolutely related to Dragon Quest. There's good reasons to believe it, though.

Jack can mean "jack of all trades", "jack playing card", or "Jack Frost". These are very different uses, but all properly tie to the word Joker just fine. Whether it's the name Joker or the character alone. This makes Brave quite variable in its possibilities.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm on Team "WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THE YOSHI DEMO AT THIS VERY MOMENT?!!!"
I was gonna play it tonight, but I also have comics to read and I was in the mood to play against some CPUs and try different characters out in Smash tonight, so it may have to wait for tomorrow.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
No offense Yoshi is cute and all but I'm only into a small handful of 2D platformers and the Yoshi games are not any of them
It's just a demo. It's not like it will consume too much of your time...

Also, have you not played the original? If someone told me they're only into a few 2D platformers and Yoshi isn't any of them, that means they haven't played the original

KMDP

Smash Legend
Look if you're dead set on thinking a Digimon actually has a chance to get in, then more power to you. I have no desire to change your belief.
So, why do you think a Digimon has no chance to get in Smash?

D

Deleted member

I'm cautiously interested in Fire Emblem Three Houses. It looks like a interesting take on Fire Emblem, but I know better than to get excited for a Fire Emblem game.

LetterO

Smash Lord
It's hard for me to be disappointed about little smash info when we got TETRIS BATTLE ROYALE

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's hard for me to be disappointed about little smash info when we got TETRIS BATTLE ROYALE
I'm more hype for Mario Maker 2, personally.

Also FE.
Was it just me or did a lot of the games look like they were running like *** in the Direct? Grid, Unravel 2, and even Assassin's Creed III looked like barf.
I did notice a bit of chugging in the ACIII footage.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
someone has suggested the codenames could be chosen because they begin with the same first letter as the fighter.

Jack = Joker
Brave = could be someone whos name begins with a B?

D

Deleted member

Ok let's just get it out of the way now who's on team March Smash Direct and who's on team E3 Smash Direct
I don't think 3.0.0 is gonna be a huge megaton that requires its own presentation, so I'm of the mindset a Direct Mini will happen around early April.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Was it just me or did a lot of the games look like they were running like *** in the Direct? Grid, Unravel 2, and even Assassin's Creed III looked like barf.
I don't usually get bothered by graphics but whoever ported Dead by Daylight needs to sit in the corner and think about what they've done.

Shroob

Sup?
There has to be some sort of reveal for Joker, to be blunt, we have ZERO gameplay of him still besides his landing animation, that's it. We haven't even seen his face.

There has to be 'something' from now to April to show off his moves, if there isn't that would frankly be unprecedented, there hasn't been a single character which we haven't seen some of their moveset before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom