• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

121e304.jpg

ok but lowkey why are normal*** rings portals i thought only special zone rings did that ****

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Wait is Google Theory dead?

Why did it take this long?
A combination of people liking the roster and that most people are misinformed of the stuff surrounding google ads.

It has been highly educative.

D

Deleted member

So uh, apparently Microsoft isn’t just collaborating with Nintendo. They just announced they’re working with Sony too.
View attachment 220913
This, to me, doesn’t make the Nintendo relationship nearly as special as people thought it was. It doesn’t mean that it didn’t mean anything, but it seemed at first to be an deal between just Microsoft and Ninty. Interesting to see where this goes.
never forgetti
1445785326245.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmmmm... could it be the Hammer Bro Suit from Super Mario Bros 3?
Maybe but it doesn’t appear in any other styles.

The idea they put out there is that it could either be a different version of captain toads pickaxe or it might even allow you to build stuff within actual levels while you play them.

Which would be even crazier to see used

Noipoi

Howdy!
google theory being bunk isn't why people are going "aw ****" for banjo

it's because sony entered into a partnership with microsoft, suggesting the 'special relationship' with nintendo often touted as a reason for a smash rep isn't so special

Ain’t nobody from Microsoft getting in lol

D

Deleted member

google theory being bunk isn't why people are going "aw ****" for banjo

it's because sony entered into a partnership with microsoft, suggesting the 'special relationship' with nintendo often touted as a reason for a smash rep isn't so special
Admittedly, "Nintendo and Microsoft sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G" sounds better for Banjo than "Microsoft has been sleeping in everybody's beds." Not a death sentence but not the best thing I've heard this month

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Then your joke makes no sense, unless you honestly think Banjo is a bigger name than Kratos, Nathan Drake, or Heihachi.
There's plenty of Nintendo only kids who honestly think that though. Despite Kratos being the Western equivalent of Dante in terms of icon status or the fact that Tekken's one of the most iconic fighting game franchises of all time, actually outselling Street Fighter.

If we're talking Smash, I doubt any Sony-only characters will ever make it. But Heihachi/Jin would get just as many people if not more so excited than Banjo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A combination of people liking the roster and that most people are misinformed of the stuff surrounding google ads.

It has been highly educative.
Honestly, it's been pretty weird in the last few days :p

And we still don't really know anything for sure. I dont use discord so there's some things i dont know about those who tried tons of stuff in when the ads worked with the characters.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I personally fail to see how this Microsoft-Sony deal in any way impacts the supposed Microsoft DLC fighter's likelihood, or perception thereof. Nintendo didn't make any open collaboration with Sony. And it's not as though this invalidates Nintendo's alleged collaborations with Microsoft, either.

I'd say nothing has changed. Just give me E3 already. :224:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, RIP Fulgore I guess. That's where the real dream was. KI had Rare's best music outside of the DKC games.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, it's been pretty weird in the last few days :p

And we still don't really know anything for sure. I dont use discord so there's some things i dont know about those who tried tons of stuff in when the ads worked with the characters.
I know, probably we will never know. But I believe there's a reason it never picked up in the first place, even with ourselves thinking about it.

D

Deleted member

y'all there's this girl walking in front of me with these super extra glittery heels and normally i would be like "yeah ****in work those shiny heels" but it's really bright out and it's reflecting light right into my eyes. i can't ****ing see

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I personally fail to see how this Microsoft-Sony deal in any way impacts the supposed Microsoft DLC fighter's likelihood, or perception thereof. Nintendo didn't make any open collaboration with Sony. And it's not as though this invalidates Nintendo's alleged collaborations with Microsoft, either.

It changes some things just because some people thought nintendo and microsoft had something special going between them.

D

Deleted member

These new screenshots keep getting better and better! These Banzai Bills look so weird!

IMG_20190516_150131.jpg

D

Deleted member

The Big Bang Theory ending feels like the end of an era.
Not a good era mind you, but an era nonetheless.
Anyways CYBERTRON AM I RIGHT NERDS ZIMBABWE

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

It challenges the perception that Nintendo and Microsoft have a special partnership going between them exclusively.

Which some people believe may lead to something like Banjo/Steve in Smash.

Frankly, as much as I'd like Banjo, I've never been on board w/ that line of though, but the Sony partnership is now putting that overall theory into question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom