• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unintended Consequences Mafia: The Saga Concludes

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Thats code for, im trying to act smart and seem like I have all the answers even though weve only had three pages, CANT I HAVE MY DAY IN THE SUN DAMMT!!!! *cries*
Vote: Fatchu only scum uses 15ppp

The scum of the earth

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Real Talk: When the vote count comes up, and we see that Gheb's vote is on me, Xonar should unvote. Then neither should vote until we get the next votecount.

We can't rule out that one of them is mafia, since this game's theme is clearly "terrible ideas and experiments", and so we need to see what their capacity for overriding one another is. If one is mafia, and they can both override each other's votes, with a bit of collaboration, mafia can hijack the vote very easily and eke out that crucial mislynch. Watch for it.

Vote stays.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Actually, no, unvote.

I didn't catch that their votes were together on the very first vote count.

Their roles are cool.

@ Nicholas, why do you want to lynch the mod? Last time I saw that, the person giving the hammer was modkilled. Don't feel like that again.
Link me to this game, please?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Pierre, that was a dutch mafia game. On this site there has been a modkill too in LoDscrew, which was p. much a wasted lynch though it revealed the rules.

About it being a role... I wasn't informed of it, maybe Gheb was but seeing his reaction he wasn't.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
By modkill I guess you mean killing the mod instead of having the mod kill someone? Normally modkill means the mod kills someone for breaking the rules or being inactive. Whatever, it doesn't matter.

How many players in this game are on the dutch forums? Xonar, Gft2w, Paprika Killer?

And whether or not you were informed of it, it is obviously your role that is doing this to you. The two of you are vote-linked. You both seem comfortable with the idea that you're the same alignment.

D

Deleted member

I hosted that game and at some point Xoanr decided to be "smart" and managed to start a wagon on me.

and either of you 2 mightb be informed and is just messing with everybody.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
By modkill I guess you mean killing the mod instead of having the mod kill someone? Normally modkill means the mod kills someone for breaking the rules or being inactive. Whatever, it doesn't matter.

How many players in this game are on the dutch forums? Xonar, Gft2w, Paprika Killer?

And whether or not you were informed of it, it is obviously your role that is doing this to you. The two of you are vote-linked. You both seem comfortable with the idea that you're the same alignment.
Respectively:
Yes, lynching the mod.

Xonar, GF2TW, Paprika killer.

It's the worst thing that I'm not getting a confirmed alignment right now, pierre.
I hosted that game and at some point Xoanr decided to be "smart" and managed to start a wagon on me.

and either of you 2 mightb be informed and is just messing with everybody.
Mafia trying to waste a day? Boo-yah. I was epic.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
@Gheb: You highly doubt that it is your role, and/or Xonar's role, that has caused you to share a vote? What else would it be, a mafia power that they used on Night 0? Get out. It might not be the role you were "told" you have, but it is most probably the role that you have. Unless you think that Kiki/someone chose you on purpose, seeing as how you made a sideways comment that "Kiki obviously doesn't know that no one agrees with Gheb." Your turn to elaborate!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What chance is there that this isn't permanent? Meaning that this may go away in exchange for something different on Day 2.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: You highly doubt that it is your role, and/or Xonar's role, that has caused you to share a vote? What else would it be, a mafia power that they used on Night 0? Get out. It might not be the role you were "told" you have, but it is most probably the role that you have. Unless you think that Kiki/someone chose you on purpose, seeing as how you made a sideways comment that "Kiki obviously doesn't know that no one agrees with Gheb." Your turn to elaborate!
Quite simply, it wouldn't make sense for the role I have to be randomly linked with another player in such an unusual manner.

What caught my eye about me and Xonar are our numbers in the OP next to the sign-ups - I'm #3 and Xonar is #4. Maybe Kiki added some shenanigan where the people who signed up 3rd and 4th are votelinked. This could be permanent or maybe it'll switch the next game day to another couple who signed up next to each other.

You still didn't elaborate on why you think it's related to our roles. As far as I can see you based it on principle of exclusion but now that I offered another possible interpretation I think it's time why you think yours has to be correct.

:059:

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Evil Eye (2): Bunglefever, Gheb_01/Xonar
Rockin (2): Ryker, Gf2tw
Ryker (2): Fatchu, ChiboSempai
Fatchu (1): Evil Eye

Not voting: Pierre the Scarecrow, Macman, KevinM, Nicholas1024, Scamp, The Paprika Killer, Roxy, Rockin

It takes 8 out of 15 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, March 14 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

D

Deleted member

Xonar trying to get one more scum day?
that was mindgamed mafia, where he started a bandwagon on the mod (me). kind of long story.

anyway, I'm more afraid there are gonna be more of the shenanigans. things that come to mind is that this hydra is gonna jump around between players and generally annoying things from the mod. it would fit the style of people being locked up in a room for an "experiment".

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
If we wanted to have some real fun, we could put both Gheb and Xonar two votes away from being lynched. Then we somehow get two of the remaining people to vote at the exact same time, one for each of them, but we don't say when.

Then we sit back and watch them vote for each other constantly.

The 'somehow' part is the hard part though. I don't know how we can give two people a certain time without everyone knowing.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Quite simply, it wouldn't make sense for the role I have to be randomly linked with another player in such an unusual manner.

What caught my eye about me and Xonar are our numbers in the OP next to the sign-ups - I'm #3 and Xonar is #4. Maybe Kiki added some shenanigan where the people who signed up 3rd and 4th are votelinked. This could be permanent or maybe it'll switch the next game day to another couple who signed up next to each other.

You still didn't elaborate on why you think it's related to our roles. As far as I can see you based it on principle of exclusion but now that I offered another possible interpretation I think it's time why you think yours has to be correct.

The #3 and #4 thing, for example, would be your roles. See what I mean?

:059:
Oh, well, I'm not even considering what specific role that you have because I don't know what role you have and I'm not interested in what role you have. I'm just saying its most probably your roles that doing this because normally everything that you are/do/have in this game is defined by your role. And the principle of exclusion is both right and helpful in this scenario, because in a game of mafia, there's only so many reasons a thing can happen. And besides, it could be a modifier on one of your roles, just like how a cop can be a lover.

If we wanted to have some real fun, we could put both Gheb and Xonar two votes away from being lynched. Then we somehow get two of the remaining people to vote at the exact same time, one for each of them, but we don't say when.

Then we sit back and watch them vote for each other constantly.

The 'somehow' part is the hard part though. I don't know how we can give two people a certain time without everyone knowing.
Lol.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I want to first say that in LoDscrew, the reason why Marshy got modkilled in that game was cause he didn't follow the rules on the first page. Each time no one didn't do the rules as told, they got an infraction (6 infractions = modkill).

It's still really early to pick apart the possibilities of a power role. Let's also remember that we don't know how the roles were dealt with. Most likely, Kiki randomized the roles to everyone. I will admit that it looks a bit weird, but it seems like a dead end trail to me.

For now, my only main concern is seeing how Gheb and Xonar act as the days pass by (as well as everyone else). For now, Gheb and Xonar would have to just co-operate with each other in terms of votes.

D

Deleted member

"All roles are assigned entirely at random."

yeah the roles are random

D

Deleted member

I kinda want to just forget about it for now.

Vote Paprika

Welcome to mafia BIZATCH
well erm, thank you.

(I just have to make an analogy about a new employee getting slapped in the face by his new boss who then sets up a huge smile saying "Welcome!" like nothing happened)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Agreed with Pierre that it's almost certaintly something in Gheb/Xonar's role. By the way, about the whole "lynch the mod" thing, it's called an RVS vote. Very few games have an actual ability to lynch the mod. The only one on this sight (that I know of) is LoD screw (still in progress), which was meant to be an incredibly confusing game from the getgo.

Also, I agree that Gheb/Xonar should be careful with their votes. We don't want mafia (assuming that one of them isn't town) being able to sneak a quicklynch in (especially if it's Lylo or close to it) due to the confusion it might create. However, in this early stage of the game, it's no big deal, as long as they avoid the typical L-1 RVS wagons (although we seem to be leaving the RVS anyway...)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Nick this game is called Unintended Consequences, and we already see a shared vote, this game has the potential to be wacky too.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Maybe, but I doubt it'll be so crazy as Mindscrew was/is. Not to mention Kirby King never showed up on the vote count when I did vote him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't like that you're already trying to metagame this game without being fully aware of any of its intricacies.

It just seems like an excuse to not scumhunt.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Maybe, but I doubt it'll be so crazy as Mindscrew was/is. Not to mention Kirby King never showed up on the vote count when I did vote him.
Just because THAT certain mechanic isn't in here doesn't mean there aren't other wonky mechanics here. There are bound to be surprises in this game, we'll take htem as we come. Gheb/Xonar being an example.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I don't like that you're already trying to metagame this game without being fully aware of any of its intricacies.

It just seems like an excuse to not scumhunt.
I'm explaining that the mod is not a viable lynch candidate. Do you really call that meta-gaming? Really? When I see something suspicious, I'll latch on to it, but you can hardly fault me for not finding something in the first five pages of the game. So yes, I am scumhunting.

@Jungle
I understand, but I'm pointing out that lynching the mod is probably not one of said surprises.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: nick
I don't like that he feels the need to reinforce that he is actually scumhunting.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Don't underestimate any game whatsoever. ALWAYS question something, even if something seems normal.

I feel that trying to even talk about the mechanics of this game is too early for it's own good and any further detail about it will most likely be a dead end discussion.

Fatchu, is this your first Mafia game? Curious.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Pierre said:
This smells like soft fishing.

This feels like insidious pressure to make them try to 'explain' themselves.

Pierre said:
I'll grant you the beginning, because Gheb set it up by telling you to elaborate.

But holy sheeeit what's up with this blatant fishin'? I personally can't think of a productive reason to ask that question.

Not a pro-town one, that is.

@Fatchu: Where you at, pal? Game's started, bud.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm going to need some explanation of basic roles in this specific setup. Would that be okay with anyone to explain them?

Top Bottom