• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unintended Consequences Mafia: The Saga Concludes

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nick, how are you going to go about determining my alignment in this game. Will it be similar or different to the way you went about it in scumwars?
Let's just say it'll be different than Scum wars and leave it at that.

@KevinM
Good point.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
Rockin (2): Ryker, Gf2tw
Ryker (2): Fatchu, ChiboSempai
Fatchu (1): Evil Eye
The Paprika Killer (1): KevinM
Nicholas1024 (1): Macman
Scamp (1): Bunglefever

Not voting: Pierre the Scarecrow, Gheb_01/Xonar, Nicholas1024, Scamp, The Paprika Killer, Roxy, Rockin

It takes 8 out of 15 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, March 14 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Kevin he was gonna make a bigger post later, there was no need to point out it was an incomplete post in terms of elaboration.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Kevin - Yea, that post was mostly worthless. I'm in class right now and will get at you when I'm done in half an hour.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Kevin he was gonna make a bigger post later, there was no need to point out it was an incomplete post in terms of elaboration.
I think the thing was mainly that he wasn't saying he thought X was scum/town, just that he liked/disliked X's playstyle. I can understand saying something like "EE is scum, post why later", but what Ryker gave us doesn't tell us anything.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Think Kevin's scum, but I always think he's scum, so I myself have to take it with a grain of salt. The EE/Pierre comment was just a comment. The KevinM comment was on this game.

Want to relook over stuff before getting into a large post, but I have to semi-pay attention in this programming class.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How does parroting weak points not deserve a FoS? You only help to nudge discussion in the wrong direction. Nick, it's already bad enough that EE has to reprove Pierre from fishing too much but you backing him up is just flat out useless and it's not in town's best interest at all.

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Gheb we currently have no vote, and I'm not planning on anyone right now. You're free to vote imo, if I got objections I'll tell you.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
How does parroting weak points not deserve a FoS? You only help to nudge discussion in the wrong direction. Nick, it's already bad enough that EE has to reprove Pierre from fishing too much but you backing him up is just flat out useless and it's not in town's best interest at all.

Ambiguous grammar. What's bad, here? That Pierre did something I felt needed reproving, or that I chose to reprove something Pierre did?

Who is Nic backing up? He sat firmly on the fence, as I saw it.

Also, my inconsistency alert is going off. Your initial FoS was for parroting in P69, not anything to do with PEEre.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Elaborate. Also agreed with Jungle that RVS is over. What do you think of Pierre v.s. Gheb/Xonar, or Pierre v.s. EE?
They're kind of the same thing, aren't they? Anyway, this argument is primarily what I was referring to when I said "light at best," which means I don't think it's a strong tell of him being scummy. I don't have a solid read on him, and with that note added I don't think that he was intentionally rolefishing there. I do allow the possibility that he was unintentionally rolefishing and may be pressing so much in order to gain information for the mafia, and that's where the light comes in.

I went and looked up RVS so I don't need anyone to explain it to me anymore. I do wonder why there was no comment on Pierre's giant picture though.

Point the pointed out light scumtells please? Start doing something.
Lol, seriously? You want me to point out what's already been pointed out? Okay...

Also note I said "light at best."

I don't think I need to post up anything about EE/Pierre.

I don't like that you're already trying to metagame this game without being fully aware of any of its intricacies.

It just seems like an excuse to not scumhunt.
Kevin on Nick post #72.

I'm saying that you clearly made a point towards xonar/gheb_01 as potential scum. Which is fine. You could either be town pointing out potential scum, or scum pointing at the center of a conversation (xonar/gheb's role connection) to keep from conversation being at you.
Roxy at EE on post #93

No, both of you are taking it the wrong way. It's just a point of interest, I'm not using it to write you off as lolscum, and i have no idea hwere you are even getting Roxy from anyway. I've never said anything about Roxy? I just asked him to poitn out where i wrote off the possibility you are town, because I haven't.
Bunglefever at #101.

This one actually stands out the most to me because BF was WAY overly defensive. Roxy was simply asking a question, in no way was there any suggestion that you wrote off the possibility of Pierre being town. On the other hand I really don't know what Pierre was getting at with post #104, and the whole thing died rather quickly.

This was technically after I posted but I may as well include it.

FoS Nick / Chibo for parroting weak points in 69 / 75.

Is it parroting to say "I agree with this?"

Anyway, I do agree that Nick's post 69 was rather pointless. I don't think there will be any confusion regarding any votes by the wonder twins, and I really don't see how a quicklynch can be snuck in. In fact, I think it would be nice to hear an hypothetical situation because I'm not getting it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ambiguous grammar. What's bad, here? That Pierre did something I felt needed reproving, or that I chose to reprove something Pierre did?
The former.

Who is Nic backing up?
Pierre.

He sat firmly on the fence, as I saw it.

Also, my inconsistency alert is going off. Your initial FoS was for parroting in P69, not anything to do with PEEre.
He repeated exactly Pierre's thoughts on my votelink with Xonar in his own words. It's a fruitless discussion, leads into role speculation at best and therefore is useless.

So why nudge this subject any further by parroting it? It's not inconsistent, it's just an explanation why this specific parrot deserves a FoS

@Scamp

Yeah; Parroting = Repeating what somebody else said.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well then Gheb, am I no longer allowed to express an opinion on things? Just because I repeated some parts of Pierre's position (and disagreed with yours) does not make me scummy at all. As I have stated in the past, I prefer to restate arguments myself, so there's no confusion about what exactly I agree and disagree with.

Although, under normal circumstances it would not have been the most profitible-to-town discussion ever (as I agree that it is borderline role-speculation), but in the RVS (which we were in when it occured), it's definitely a step forward. I mean, look at the discussion going on now. Is this all "role speculation at best"? I'd say that it's a lot better than that. And this discussion was led into by what was going on between you, Pierre, and Evil Eye back then.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, Nick the problem is not that parroting is necessarily scummy. But in that case you were nudging the discussion towards role-speculation by parroting Pierre.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
No, Nick the problem is not that parroting is necessarily scummy. But in that case you were nudging the discussion towards role-speculation by parroting Pierre.

I have some questions for you Gheb.

1) Do you agree with the fact that the discussion we are having now stemmed directly from the discussion back then?
2) Do you agree with the fact that the discussion we are having now is indisputably pro-town?
3) Do you hold that the person (Pierre) or the position he took that sparked said discussion back then is scummy?
4) Do you still hold that agreeing with above position is scummy?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Give us a more productive point to discuss then, Roxy. There's no use in just that piece of theory if you can't move it into practice.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Where do you suggest we go then Roxy? I don't see how changing topics right now would be beneficial.

Purple

Hi guys!
Just overall what we should do from here would be the best thing to discuss. This group consists of 16 members, how many can we assume would be against us? can we assume that two roles can potentially protect each other on the town side? Etc.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just overall what we should do from here would be the best thing to discuss. This group consists of 16 members, how many can we assume would be against us? can we assume that two roles can potentially protect each other on the town side? Etc.
Unfruitful discussion as there can be no decision and it will lead to no useful information and semi-rolefishing.

Purple

Hi guys!
That's understandable. That's usually what i do in large groups like this, unless the setup is generally mafia sided i don't see how it would hurt.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I still have a question open for TPK, and Nick just asked a few things @ Gheb. There are more people who are probably going to add things soon (like Ryker) and I hope we can go on from there.

D

Deleted member

as I said in that post, it's probably just me. I was semi-surprised people were being serious already that short after the start, and I couldn't completely follow what the whole fuss as about (got it now, so nobody has to elaborate).

also, just because there is a lot posted doesn't necessarily mean I should reply to it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
as I said in that post, it's probably just me. I was semi-surprised people were being serious already that short after the start, and I couldn't completely follow what the whole fuss as about (got it now, so nobody has to elaborate).

also, just because there is a lot posted doesn't necessarily mean I should reply to it.
So you're gonna do nothing?

D

Deleted member

notice the should.
as in, at that moment I felt I couldn't make a serious contribution to the ongoing conversation.
I'd rather make no post at all than a bad post.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I have some questions for you Gheb.

1) Do you agree with the fact that the discussion we are having now stemmed directly from the discussion back then?
2) Do you agree with the fact that the discussion we are having now is indisputably pro-town?
3) Do you hold that the person (Pierre) or the position he took that sparked said discussion back then is scummy?
4) Do you still hold that agreeing with above position is scummy?
Don't want this to be forgotten. Waiting for Gheb to answer these.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah; Parroting = Repeating what somebody else said.
I'm not sure what Chibo did was really parroting. He quoted someone else and said that he agreed with it. It's not like he tried to say the same thing in his own words or make it sound like it was his idea or something like that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would consider parroting a bad thing if that's all they are doing. Also as Scamp said, its when they try to pass other's ideas as their own.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not sure if I said this already, but I feel that Pierre wasn't reaching. However, I do like that Evil Eye is keeping an eye on things.

Fair enough Xonar, that is a possibility, and I can't prove otherwise. However, my stance is that it is more likely that it has something to do with the roles. So, I will keep the idea of modding shenanigans in the back of my mind, but unless evidence comes up otherwise, I will continue consider the first case more likely.

Anyway Xonar, since you're on, what's your opinion of Pierre v.s. EE?
That bolded part I really don't like. I might be looking at this a bit too hard, but it seems like you've been stalking Xonar as far as when he's online and whatnot. If it's true, any reason to this at all?

This entire bolded part is completely worthless.

"I like these two players because of their posting style, I don't like Kevin because of the way he posts [null-tell]"

This is like the most feining activity post I've ever seen in my entire life.

FOS Ryker

Are you going to play the game or make a bunch of blanket statements that don't get us anywhere?
I'm cool with this, cause he does have a point on Ryker's post in 118. Ryker could've simply said 'I'm at School right now, but I'm going to soon post as to how I feel about people in the game thus far.' Then when he does post it (maybe an few hours to a day later), I don't think it would've looked so bad.

Though I question as to why Macman followed KevinM's FoS with a vote. Can you explain please?

No need to defend Ryker. I'm sure he could defend himself.

So far though, my biggest concern is with Roxy. So far, he hasn't shown much contribute to the game, and the first post in concerns with EE has made me feel uneasy, as EE was barely in the spotlight before.

That's understandable. That's usually what i do in large groups like this, unless the setup is generally mafia sided i don't see how it would hurt.
You should know though, that talking about roles and what to do with them and such will not only help us little, but will screw us over against Mafia, as we'd just be handing them information.

You and Ryker needs to step it up a bit, especially you.

notice the should.
as in, at that moment I felt I couldn't make a serious contribution to the ongoing conversation.
I'd rather make no post at all than a bad post.
I do understand this, cause I sometimes do this myself. However, it only hurts your credibilit y slowly, as you'll just be considered coasting by. Try your best to say anything so as to avoid this. Never know, your words might actually be useful.

Ryker, I remember in LoDscrew, you was new to everyone's playstyles. Is this issue within this game?

Purple

Hi guys!
It's hard really to step up something with potentially sticking your neck out, at tihs point i'd rather just watch a pick out things that are fishy.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It's hard really to step up something with potentially sticking your neck out, at tihs point i'd rather just watch a pick out things that are fishy.
No johns.

As long as you know how to move around, you should be fine. No matter what, your words might help bring us closer to figuring out who's mafia. If you don contribute, you'll look scummy/useless. When either of those things falls on you, you will get lynched.

Again, just do your best. Tis all I ask.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nope, it's just that since he hadn't made as many posts as some, I noticed that as he was currently online at the moment (making several posts in the previous few minutes), I might as well get his opinion on said discussion. Gives us all more to work with scumhunting-wise.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Think Kevin's scum, but I always think he's scum, so I myself have to take it with a grain of salt. The EE/Pierre comment was just a comment. The KevinM comment was on this game.

Want to relook over stuff before getting into a large post, but I have to semi-pay attention in this programming class.
You said the exact same thing here AGAIN and then didn't do anything past that.

Feigning activity again.

Want to comment on a few things will do so soon.

Top Bottom