• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Minnesota Tourney series

napZzz

Smash Hero
I think we should just have a universal food break at a convenient time regardless of where the games are at as long as its not during like....GF's of something or some ****

ocho the reason I said that we should sign up at the same time and not later is cuz by the time brawl can start I dont wanna have to spend another however long it takes to set up the bracket after more people sign up, i'd rather it start right away

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
well we can't expect the pure brawlers to show up during melee singups. how about we gaurentee that you'll be able to sign up for brawl before 3:30 (or some time) and after that you'll only be able to sign up until the bracket is made, which should happen maybe half an hour or so before melee is completed.

and post or link me to the brawl ruleset we're using

napZzz

Smash Hero
ya, you're right

all the new rulesets are ******** so i'll have to find the old one thats more standard somewhere around here

yoshq

Smash Master
well i thought i was gunna do meal matches again. but i think there's gunna be way too many people asking for meals. So i wa thinking i might make some sorta incentive like you're only eligible for a meal match if you brought a setup or are from oos or something. i dont know yet.
i'll meal match plz.

napZzz

Smash Hero
that was a fluke on my part and moe should've gotten way farther in brax

i'll just let everyone know their place saturday

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
how about in brawl, but i get to choose your character and my character. I haven't played brawl since january 09 or so (with the exception of one match) and im terrible at it.

meal matches are $3 vs a meal.

and I think I'll make the food break at 4:30 or when melee ends, cuz thats when the cafeteria opens

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I just found out I have a shift on Saturday for work. Also, that I have four papers due next week. =/ I don't think I'll be able to make it to this one.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
i updated the times and detailed instructions on getting into the venue.. and the title

and ulti, i thought you graduated.?. whats the deal with four papers being due next week?

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
k eci4 Johned BACK IN :)
sweet

I would like a meal match as well.
sure, but im making it so you have to bring a setup or be from oos to get a meal match, cuz i don't have enough meals.

whoa why is dmac going to this
Cuz these tourneys are awesome of course! and he just happens to be in mn

WE could use some power strips too if anyone could bring them. The outlets are semi unreliable.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
[last minute post]

get here before noon everyone! (who wants to do melee doubles). You can come as early as 11:00.

some people will probably not get here in time for doubles..

heres my number if you don't have it: 6514918468. call me or someone to get into the venue. DO NOT ASK PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE ABOUT THE SMASH TOURNEY AND DO NOT PROP THE DOOR OPEN WHEN YOU GET IN. THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE SHOULD BUST US IF THEY FIND OUT - THIS IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE U AT ALL - DONT RUIN IT FOR EVERYBODY - JUST CALL SOMEONE TO GET IN. and if people happen to ask, we aren't playing for money..

and once again, setups are of the utmost importance. last year we had blackmarf and fista supply multiple TV's and they won't be here this time so we might be hurting in the setup department a little..

og - ill melee meal match you only. im regretting this mm deal i made with yoshq already

edit - there will be a universal food break that should around 4:30 at the earliest or whenever melee singles gets done. it will last half and hour. do not go out to eat during your event because you'll get disqualified. theres 4 events and we'll have to be harsh.

and nappy - you should post something about the brawl rules befor the tourney starts. otherwise ill just say we're using same as last year.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'll be leaving in a little while. Still don't know what I should be doing about parking....

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
last year people told me that some of that was wrong though. and idk about parking really cuz ive never had to do it for an extended period of time. I've asked people and they say they don't know or theres no easy answer.

I think people's best bet for free parking would be fulton st to the east of oak st. but idk. and tempest says he usually parks for free arounds grant's old place which is near essex and huron.

and please bring small bills people, please

Top Bottom