• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
gettin less work hours now so hopefully can make one of the meetings...not this weekend though.

regular Brawl is my main game i think, played some close games w/ Bored at Hobo b4. Been workin on Melee.
Why can't Brawl/Melee players just get along? =p

HMV

Smash Rookie
I'll totally bring TvC blackfox so y'all can play it in the break. I also got guilty gear xx core plus which is a must play for fighting gamers. Btw JackieR, i saw i've had u added on my AiB since u started that awesome group on smash spectators, it would be cool to play u.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
gettin less work hours now so hopefully can make one of the meetings...not this weekend though.

regular Brawl is my main game i think, played some close games w/ Bored at Hobo b4. Been workin on Melee.
You showing up would certainly encourage Bored to. And I need another experienced pluser to play against.
And I wanna see your Sheik against Jose's Sheik, haha.

Kal

Smash Champion
You guys suck *** at trash talking. It's embarrassing.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
I donated to a worthy cause lol
Waffles needed a new external hard drive, so he was wondering if people could donate a little money to help him out. For all the great videos he puts up, it was worth it.

And I'll be maining Karas and Batsu most likely for TvC, just need to get used to Wii controls =D

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
hey guys just a heads up, i saw 2 flyers in the engineering area about a video game tourney this sunday. the games are halo and brawl. to participate in one is 7 dollars and in both its 10. they didnt say what the prizes are but they will have free food. and its hosted by the natural science council. starts at noon sunday. i may go to spectate and eat free food haha

HMV

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the heads up, free food is always welcome. I use morrigan and ryu in TvC btw.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
gettin less work hours now so hopefully can make one of the meetings...
That's awesome! I am curious how much you would **** the better brawl players around here, haha.

Seriously, you can have a preference for one game over the other but that doesn't mean you have to never play the other game, think it is no fun at all, or look down on those that play it.

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't have a problem with Barlw players. I just don't think Barlw is any fun at all.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sigh...so many tournies I'm gonna miss here in Austin that I'm guaranteed to win. Figures Egads and Natural Sciences would conspire against me.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Soooo.... Lets say I went would there only be brawl/ Brawl+ or would there be Melee and if there is Melee how much? I might go to one of these.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
Soooo.... Lets say I went would there only be brawl/ Brawl+ or would there be Melee and if there is Melee how much? I might go to one of these.
theres usually one setup for brawl+ if we have it and the rest is evened out along with having a setup on the projector. its pretty balanced. but since we have original smash, we are reserving one tv for that just in case. and somebody else wants to bring their wii for other games so one tv should be left alone for all that unless u wanna do all that on the projector haha

but as i was saying before i went on that digression lolol its usually even amount of melee and brawl setups. some days we may haev an extra melee and other times it may be an extra brawl.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
hey guys just a heads up, i saw 2 flyers in the engineering area about a video game tourney this sunday. the games are halo and brawl. to participate in one is 7 dollars and in both its 10. they didnt say what the prizes are but they will have free food. and its hosted by the natural science council. starts at noon sunday. i may go to spectate and eat free food haha
What room is this gonna be at? I might show up to spectate.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Just bring your own controller
Also, if you haven't payed the $5 membership, then bring money to cover that.

And if you want, bring a set-up, b/c we need plenty of those haha

Kal

Smash Champion
Any set up is worthy, bro. Just as long as it's not too much trouble for you.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I could bring a set-up if you consider a 13 inch tube tv to be set-up worthy.
You're a good man, G-Man. :)

Here's a highly detailed schedule for today's meeting:
before 4pm - we get totally set up
4pm - friendlies
before 5pm - announcements
5pm - brawl doubles tourney
and afterwards friendlies and any other small events people want to do
10pm - start packin it up

MT_

Smash Ace
why can't we have usernames less than 3 letters long

and why is jamal leaving. i like him.

Kal

Smash Champion
Man, that was a fun day. Reqy and I had a pretty epic Luigi ditto on flat zone. Too bad he sucks at up-B.

Top Bottom