• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial SWF user voted tier list - Done...

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
NC (MK)
NC
NC
+2 Kirby, +1 Game and Watch
+1 Ike
+1 PT
NC
NC (Ganondorf)

Browny

Smash Hater
NC
NC
Wolf +1 ROB -1
NC
NC
samus -1 falcon +1

updated...

LATEST UPDATE
Diddy +1 | Falco -1 | 7NC
2IC DDD +1 | 2Pika 3Lucario ZSS -1 | 6NC
2Wolf Kirby G&W+1 | Fox 2Peach -1 | 2NC
3DK Yoshi 3Luigi Sheik Ike +1 | Yoshi 2Pit -1 | 2NC
PT Lucas 2Ness +1 | 7NC
Bowser Falcon Samus 2Zelda +1 | 2Link -1 | 4NC
So...

S :metaknight:
A :snake::diddy::falco::marth::wario:
B :pikachu2::olimar::popo::lucario::dedede: | :zerosuitsamus:
C :toonlink::gw: | :fox::peach::kirby2::rob: | :sonic::wolf:
D :luigi2::pit: | :ike::dk2::sheik: | :yoshi2:
E :ness2: | :pt::lucas::mario2:
F :link2::bowser2::samus2: | :falcon::zelda::jigglypuff:
G :ganondorf:

Thats the list as of now.

Every single tier except C tier was pretty stagnant and didnt move much at all during these phases however C was too close.

I will deal with this in the final update, however for this one...

Are there any characters at the top or bottom of a tier which you believe should be knocked into the next tier. This ONLY applies to characters separated at the end by a | sign as they were often voten down/up despite already being at the edge of their tier, showing that some people think they dont belong in that tier at all.

So basically, if you think any of the following
:zerosuitsamus: -1
:toonlink::gw: +1
:sonic::wolf: -1
:luigi2::pit: +1
:yoshi2: -1
:ness2: +1
:link2::bowser2::samus2: +1

should happen, then make it known. Please note, the characters are not joined; you can vote for toon link to go up while leaving G&W behind in C tier, for example. If someone makes a vote and doesnt comment on one of the above characters' movements, it will count as a negative vote so only if the majority of people agree in a movement, will it happen.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No change.

*backhands people through the internet for thinking that a character with no significant results like Pit is better than a character who has at least appeared on the radar at MLG like Ike*

D

Deleted member

Ugh...It started off so good, too...

But yeah, as for characters moving up or down tiers, I'm gonna say no change.

BSP

Smash Legend
Luigi +, that's it for me.

*backhands people on the internet for thinking that a character with no significant results like peach is STILL better than a character that has at least appeared on the radar at MLG TWICE like Sonic >_>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I believe that the Sonic results occurred part way through this whole voting process. There is a limit as to how fast a character can move up, particularly if people are using their votes on other characters in that tier.

Browny

Smash Hater
Well I stuffed up this phase lol... I didnt make it clear enough. Oh well its going to be impossible for it to change now. So now the final update...

The list as of now

S :metaknight:
A :snake::diddy::falco::marth::wario:
B :pikachu2::olimar::popo::lucario::dedede: :zerosuitsamus:
C :toonlink::gw::fox::peach::kirby2::rob::sonic: :wolf:
D :luigi2::pit::ike::dk2::sheik: :yoshi2:
E :ness2::pt::lucas::mario2:
F :link2::bowser2::samus2::falcon::zelda: :jigglypuff:
G :ganondorf:

All tiers except C are now set in stone... theres only 1 more round of voting, and thats to order the highly dynamic tier C

C :toonlink::gw::fox::peach::kirby2::rob::sonic: :wolf:
------------------

The rules for this stage are simple... No character can move more than 1 position from where they are now

Consider the placings to be as follows
1=:toonlink:
2=:gw:
3=:fox:
4=:peach:
5=:kirby2:
6=:rob:
7=:sonic:
8=:wolf:

Id like everyone to quote that list, and put the characters in their order from 1-8. However I must be clear, do not put any character more than 1 spot out from where they currently are.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The rules for this stage are simple... No character can move more than 1 position from where they are now

Consider the placings to be as follows
1=:toonlink: New 1 = :gw:
2=:gw: New 2= :toonlink:
3=:fox: New 3 = :peach:
4=:peach: New 4 = :fox:
5=:kirby2:
6=:rob: New 6 = :sonic:
7=:sonic: New 7 = :rob:
8=:wolf:

Id like everyone to quote that list, and put the characters in their order from 1-8. However I must be clear, do not put any character more than 1 spot out from where they currently are.
Dang it Browny, I want to move both Sonic and Wolf up over ROB. ;_;

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
who knows... if the majority of votes do the same thing with rob going down while sonic/wolf move up I may just do that...
The problem with this is that at this point, the only way for wolf to move up is for sonic to be pushed below him...and that doesnt even affect ROB. By restricting movement to +/-1 per character, you can't move two characters side-by-side both up or down a slot, because that would require moving the character above/below them down/up 2. Also, say I want the order to read Kirby-Peach-Fox, there's no real way for me to do this - the best I can try is decide whether I'm more strongly for Fox-Kirby-Peach or Peach-Fox-Kirby, neither of which put any of the three in the position I want them to be in.

Just a thought, restricting to +/- 2 allows for a little more freedom while still keeping characters relatively close to where theyve already been voted to

*resumes not posting in this thread*

Browny

Smash Hater
And doing so defeats the purpose of the other phases. You have to put more emphasis on the beginning phases and lower it down so only tiny changes can be made, thats how the process of iteration works. If this phase allowed +/- 2 movements, I would need ANOTHER phase where it reduces to +/- 1.

remember there were HUNDREDS of votes before this and it all averaged out the way you see it now, to have one round of voting negate like, 5 just ruins the credibility of the whole process.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm not even going to bother since my vote will be such a minority, but I can't believe how people think everyone in C tier is still better than Sonic at this point, even though he's done things in tournament they can only dream of doing.

Just my .02

Browny

Smash Hater
Give credit to the players where its due BSP... not everyone in C tier also happens to have multiple national-level players backing them.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'm not even going to bother since my vote will be such a minority, but I can't believe how people think everyone in C tier is still better than Sonic at this point, even though he's done things in tournament they can only dream of doing.

Just my .02

- Sonic will rise by 4-5 spots. Do you expect him to rise to 10th or something?

- If we're going to count more than 2 tournaments, other mid tiers haven't had **** placing or something. TL and Fox have had good placings, Peach consistently gets a lot top 8s but not anything MAJOR and ROB and Wolf also have their moments. You're overrating Sonic and underrating the other mid tiers.

- Mid tiers can also place well. It doesnt necessarily make them high tier suddenly.

- This isn't a results tier list.

:053:

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
1=:toonlink: = :toonlink:
2=:gw: = :gw:
3=:fox: = :fox:
4=:peach: = :kirby2:
5=:kirby2: = :peach:
6=:rob: = :rob:
7=:sonic: = :sonic:
8=:wolf: = :wolf: