• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial SWF user voted tier list - Done...

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Kirby needs to move above Peach and Fox IMO. And Sonic above ROB.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Put R.O.B. below Fox and move Peach below G&W, and yeah, this would be great.
My votes are mostly based about how good I think the characters are though, Peach seems to be massively underrated here, can't believe some people are considering her to be worse than Sonic, who shouldn't be up there IMO. Fox isn't that good either.

BSP

Smash Legend

- Sonic will rise by 4-5 spots. Do you expect him to rise to 10th or something?

Hell no. I never said he needs to be that high. That's just blowing it out of the water really. But there is no reason for any character below kirby on the current BBR tiers list to be above Sonic.

- If we're going to count more than 2 tournaments, other mid tiers haven't had **** placing or something. TL and Fox have had good placings, Peach consistently gets a lot top 8s but not anything MAJOR and ROB and Wolf also have their moments. .
I'm not counting two tournaments...Sonic's been doing as well as, if not better than, everyone else currently in C tier right now even without including his recent big wins (Which people are still underating ...I'd like to see when another mid tier does this well in a MAJOR tournament). I've never said other mid tiers aren't getting stuff done, but saying that Sonic is still on a lower level than them (i.e. last in C tier on this list) at this point is quite absurd.

Peach consistently gets a lot top 8s but not anything MAJOR
But she doesn't get top 8 at majors, like you said, which is funny, because the major tournament results prove which character are a threat. Sonic gets these placings, most other mid tiers don't. How anyone can justify them over Sonic at this point is beyond me.

You're overrating Sonic and underrating the other mid tiers
Where do you think I want him to go? I'd think top of C at max right now, but no farther than that until he does more. Does that sound like overating? If it does, compare him to the characters around him and tell me they're doing better than him to justify their positions above him. How can people justify putting fox as 3rd in C tier, but putting Sonic in last? Sonic has placed top 5, and top 8 twice in national tournament. You guys are aware that nearly no other mid tiers place this well in huge tournaments right? Sonic is at least, if not higher,on Fox's level.

Honestly, bottom of C tier is really underating considering that most of the other mid tiers have never placed as well as Sonic has at nationals. You guys are the ones underating him.

- Mid tiers can also place well. It doesnt necessarily make them high tier suddenly.
I never said it does. I don't know where you got the notion from, but I don't think Sonic has proven he should totally ditch the rest of his mid tier buddies. Being top of mid tier isn't unquestionable though.

- This isn't a results tier list.
Sadly no. Numbers don't lie though, so that's why I would prefer a tier list with more weight on tournament results. It even fixes itself as the metagame changes. Plus, it removes all the stupid subjective debate. Our tier list should be objective as possible, and like I said, numbers don't lie. If placing well doesn't show your potential, I don't know what does.

@tarextherex

Yes, peach is obviously better than Sonic and Fox at this point and we see this proven in real life because she's placing on par with them, if not better.

...Wait...

I know I put a lot of weight on results, but how else are you going to objectively justify saying that one character is better than another? A character may look good on paper, but if they're not getting results, they're obviously NOT a threat in the metagame and shouldn't be above characters that are demonstrating that they are.

inb4you'rebiased

TL;DR

Just answer me this: What has Fox/Peach done to warrant a top 3 (1 for some of you O_o) position in C tier, that Sonic hasnt? Remember, his placings are just as good, if not better, not including top 5 and two top 8's in national tournament. Do you have any objective proof to justify this opinion?

What have any of the mid tiers done that Sonic hasn't matched or exceeded? I'd love to know. Heck, some people are claiming that Sonic is worse than wolf, and just a little better than Luigi when we've got threads like this to show exactly why I think these opinions are soooooo poor

If you're going to throw characters over Sonic so quickly, the characters should at least have some objective basis as to why they're going/still remaining above him.

Browny

Smash Hater
Well there I'm calling it...

no more updates, let this be considered the final version 3.0 of the list :)

It may look a little innacurate in places but I tried to make my methods as immune to bias as possible so its more accurate in some places, less in others compared to the BBR list. I think it looks alright though :)

S :metaknight:
A :snake::diddy::falco::marth::wario:
B :pikachu2::olimar::popo::lucario::dedede: :zerosuitsamus:
C :toonlink::gw::peach::fox::kirby2::rob::wolf: :sonic:
D :luigi2::pit::ike::dk2::sheik: :yoshi2:
E :ness2::pt::lucas::mario2:
F :link2::bowser2::samus2::falcon::zelda: :jigglypuff:
G :ganondorf:

For the record, personally I think sonic > rob like I know many others do but people must remember, for the 25 updates prior to the list being separated, ROB was consistantly voted higher than sonic. Only at the last sage did people change their minds and it wouldnt be fair to give him a boost because of a short-term hype.

This applies to others like Link who may look a bit too high, we was voted higher than F tier almost repeatedly for weeks.

---

I may restart this whole process again in the future, maybe after the next official BBR list. Idk, this thread struggles to remain active enough over the multiple weeks it takes.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
S :metaknight:
A :snake::diddy::falco::marth::wario:
B :pikachu2::olimar::popo::lucario::dedede: :zerosuitsamus:
C :toonlink::gw::peach::fox::kirby2::rob::wolf: :sonic:
D :luigi2::pit::ike::dk2::sheik: :yoshi2:
E :ness2::pt::lucas::mario2:
F :link2::bowser2::samus2::falcon::zelda: :jigglypuff:
G :ganondorf:

I feel like commenting on this.

Obviously these are almost all rhetorical questions, and I know most things will not be changed, this is merely my opinion on how this turned out.

Why is Snake still above Diddy? A tier is otherwise as expected.

Peach is too high, Pit is far too low. What is Ike doing above DK?

Glad to see Link closer to where he should be, and Jiggs down in the trash tier.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The Snake > Diddy issue is obviously due to how long this thing has been going on, and how recent Diddy's MLG wins are.

Peach is fine. Fox on the other hand should drop a spot or two. Pit can move up one I guess, he's better than Luigi.

Link is way too high. Trade him with Falcon methinks. Agree with the Jigglypuff comment though. :D

As for DK: I honestly don't know what to think about him anymore. Obviously, his results aren't the greatest, nor did he show up as a threat during any of the MLGs. On the other hand, you can't ignore the fact he's a better character than Ike most likely. And Luigi, but that's due to Luigi being too high.

Browny

Smash Hater
Raziek the answer to all questions is the same...

Thats where they were voted. This wasnt 1 change either, Snake was above diddy for a very long time and when the time came to analyses A tier, the majority of people put snake as #2 repeatedly.

Remeber its not like luigi averaged a rank score of 14.1, pit got 14.2 or something. People saw luigi was above pit, and most people voted to keep it that way again and again. 3 times I believe he was repeatedly voted higher than pit. not higher in the tier list relative to all characters, but simply luigi > pit.

Steam

Smash Hero
Peach is (way)too high and Sonic is too low IMHO.

also yeah WTF Ike > DK

Lucario's probably a spot or two too high.

Top Bottom