• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[UPDATE!!] Redoing the Brawl+ website.

Forum Software?

• phpBB

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • MyBB

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Are my designs being used? At all? Is there something you'd like me to do to previous designs? I stopped working on them because I stopped getting feedback on what the heck is going on.

I'm going to touch up the SmashMods logo I made... I like it, it's perfect-- well as far as the smash font goes. The color I can change in any fashion you guys would like. I'm going to revisit it anyway, give it some spice. If you don't use my designs, could you atleast use the logo??

Do you guys need ANY files from me?

Is there anything I can do to help??

In the end, it's good to see that progression is being made albeit little.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
We might be able to use your services. Lemme see what can be done with the site.

Cuz the thing is. If we use you as a sort of portal skinner, then the forums will have to be decorated accordingly.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Orca, I'm not sure I can convert that type of design to a usable MyBB (forum engine) skin, but I may be able to use it for the central SmashMods site. What I don't want to do is use forum skin for SmashMods site, mainly because I really think it looks unprofessional to do so. On the topic of forum skin though, anyone wanna take a look through here and give me something that looks good?

If I recall the plan:

-- Project: M will have its own forums in the SmashMods site (once a beta is released for help/support) (most of the stuff will link to smashboards though) and have updated news on the SmashMods main page, as well as their own backroom on the site, albeit starting over (see below); I'll give shanus/WindOwl (whoever is currently leading & co-leading that) posting rights for the announcements and add moderators to the P:MBR,

-- Brawl- will keep its current design but the forums will also move over to SmashMods and BPC can post news on the SmashMods site and the Brawl- news will also post on the Brawl- site (which I can program, btw). Since everything is "MyBB to MyBB", the transition will be seamless and nothing will really be lost on the site side of things,

-- Balanced Brawl... I'll just grab stuff from the RSS feed and add it in to the Smash Mods site but linking to comments and the article will go to their actual site (balancedbrawl.net) + discussion will go to the thread on smashboards,

-- Brawl+ I'm still on the fence about because I want it to use its own page (e.g. not using forum skin) but at the same time using SmashMods.

There's also a negative for converting Brawl+/Project M stuff from Wordpress to MyBB: there is no converter. Everything that is currently typed up from B+.net, every single forum post, every single blog entry will be lost because SimplePress is not that well known, so nobody's bothered to make a converter for it. Neko doesn't really care about it since we can salvage some discussion from it for the new backrooms and go from there, but if anyone can find ANY type of SimplePress converter, they're welcome to show me it so everything doesn't have to get lost.

NNID
Budget_Player
Are my designs being used? At all? Is there something you'd like me to do to previous designs? I stopped working on them because I stopped getting feedback on what the heck is going on.

I'm going to touch up the SmashMods logo I made... I like it, it's perfect-- well as far as the smash font goes. The color I can change in any fashion you guys would like. I'm going to revisit it anyway, give it some spice. If you don't use my designs, could you atleast use the logo??

Do you guys need ANY files from me?

Is there anything I can do to help??

In the end, it's good to see that progression is being made albeit little.
We should totally use his design and idea.

Orca, I'm not sure I can convert that type of design to a usable MyBB (forum engine) skin, but I may be able to use it for the central SmashMods site. What I don't want to do is use forum skin for SmashMods site, mainly because I really think it looks unprofessional to do so. On the topic of forum skin though, anyone wanna take a look through here and give me something that looks good?
Let's just skin it ourselves. It isn't too too hard, if we have someone doing the GFX (orca :V).

If I recall the plan:

-- Project: M will have its own forums in the SmashMods site (once a beta is released for help/support) (most of the stuff will link to smashboards though) and have updated news on the SmashMods main page, as well as their own backroom on the site, albeit starting over (see below); I'll give shanus/WindOwl (whoever is currently leading & co-leading that) posting rights for the announcements and add moderators to the P:MBR,

-- Brawl- will keep its current design but the forums will also move over to SmashMods and BPC can post news on the SmashMods site and the Brawl- news will also post on the Brawl- site (which I can program, btw). Since everything is "MyBB to MyBB", the transition will be seamless and nothing will really be lost on the site side of things,

-- Balanced Brawl... I'll just grab stuff from the RSS feed and add it in to the Smash Mods site but linking to comments and the article will go to their actual site (balancedbrawl.net) + discussion will go to the thread on smashboards,

-- Brawl+ I'm still on the fence about because I want it to use its own page (e.g. not using forum skin) but at the same time using SmashMods.

There's also a negative for converting Brawl+/Project M stuff from Wordpress to MyBB: there is no converter. Everything that is currently typed up from B+.net, every single forum post, every single blog entry will be lost because SimplePress is not that well known, so nobody's bothered to make a converter for it. Neko doesn't really care about it since we can salvage some discussion from it for the new backrooms and go from there, but if anyone can find ANY type of SimplePress converter, they're welcome to show me it so everything doesn't have to get lost.
Just out of curiosity... what happened to the old plan? As in, everyone jumps in on the site; each has their own with one main tab for the really important stuff; the old websites redirect to the tabs on the thing. IMO, we should also do a shared forum so you don't have to register like 5 times on the same site (there's a tabbing mod for that which is just fine).

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd be more than happy to help skinning, or doing whatever you need me to do. Let's try to be professional about this. That is, when you guys know what you want tell me in detail what I must do. I mean, say you need a splotch that's 'x' number of pixels by 'x' number of pixels for the BG, tell me. I'm not sure what's needed from my end to make the website sexy, but I can certainly deliver if I'm told. :D

working on a new quickie painting--- Gemma Atkinson anyone? God, she is so hot.

shanus

Smash Hero
Don't worry too much about converting our forum, Bionic. By that time, most of our stuff from the P:M forum won't matter anymore.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Anyone wanna try their hand at photoshop for a good header and footer?

old header:

old footer:

Dan_X

Smash Lord
^^^^ :)

hope u guys like it-- because I'm quite happy with it!

I'm drawing a captain falcon to go onto the header.... not sure when i'll be able to finish it though... i'll try to do it asap. however, i have a slew of commissions, and personal work to tend to.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
dunno, i'm basically deleting all of the topic/posts and members (except me) before we transition, so if you do just remember its not gonna be saved lol

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't know how you guys want me or you to put the flash changelist on the site. I see it has it's own page, so I assume it will go there but there will need to be extra writing just like there is on the current page we use. Contact me if you need me to do any writing for that or need anything with uploading the .swf If you don't need help I'll hopefully have it to you by the end of the week when these shmucks get the changelists to me.

EDIT 1: Also, who wrote the spanish on the current page we use and will he be back because some of these changelists will need to be spanglished. What about and Japanese as well? I see some of their vids on youtube as well.

EDIT 2: The font seems really really small on my screen though I use a 1680 x 1050. Might want to increase it's size a little for those of us with big monitors.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
1) Once the changelist for the Flash docs are done, I'll upload it in the changelist page. There's an embed tag I can put in there to post the flash changelist.

2) Dai-A was, I think, the person who translated it to Spanish. The Japanese have their own Brawl+ page for downloads, FAQ and such so I'll leave that be for them to update. We still don't have a PAL port of Brawl+ for Gold, so converting it to other languages (like French etc) might be useless if we're talking about installing Gold for something not in their region :ohwell:

3) I'll see about increasing the font to something bigger...this is a pre-made style but it's heavily modified and might edit a few more things before everything's said and done

shanus

Smash Hero
BionicSonic, I'm not too sure if you'd be interested in pursing this, but talking to the brawlvault/kittycorp population might be interesting.

Basically, I envision a layout similar to what we have up top, where there is a bar OVER the B+, B-, BBrawl PM section which is labeled as Projects, then a tab to the right where they can click on for "Customizations" which could be an entire section in itself analogous to BrawlVault and would have *tons* of user content to keep the site active.

Thoughts?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Problem is I don't want to compete with KC:MM on anything. Plus having 2 sites for people to submit their stuff... :ohwell:

shanus

Smash Hero
I know, I'm just worried about user content, its like what will this site offer that our *inactive* current site doesn't?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
^^ it will contain the latest news of every smash mod, in-depth forums for said mods, and will be the most up-to-date mod source. The forums have to be a seller here. We should have sections for all the informations you'd expect to find on each mod, from change lists, videos, etc.

As for custom content, we could have a spot for stages, as we are responsible for many stage changes. There's not much need for custom textures. Though it wouldn't hurt.

@Bionic, competition isn't a bad thing. If having some custom content on our website will make it more sought after than why not? We just have to make sure that our prime focus isn't custom content (which it isn't) but rather smash mods and discussion regarding the mods.

If done right, there will be plenty of reason for people to visit our site. We basically need to build a community for it. Keep in mind that will take some time. However, we're already on our way to having a well established image. We could also have in depth tourney info as it becomes available, for whciever mod.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm thinking a replay system. :V

Something no other site has even thought of doing.
True.

@Orca, how much news do all the smahs mods truly have collectively? B+ is near gold, BBrawl has 2.0, B- is official beta, and P:M is well.. PM

That leaves tourney news and uhhh?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Tourney News, Updates, Media Coverage (BBrawl just got an article on Joystiq)

and Replay system.

We could try a ladder again, and give incentive to play on said ladder, such as prizes like Nintendo Points or something.

shanus

Smash Hero
Tourney News, Updates, Media Coverage (BBrawl just got an article on Joystiq)

and Replay system.

We could try a ladder again, and give incentive to play on said ladder, such as prizes like Nintendo Points or something.
Lol most of those were "ideas" we had for brawlplus.net also, clearly that didn't add much.

Just saying, need good content ideas or itll be just as dead as brawlplus.net is

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lol most of those were "ideas" we had for brawlplus.net also, clearly that didn't add much.

Just saying, need good content ideas or itll be just as dead as brawlplus.net is
They were good content ideas. there just wasnt enough content going around for the ideas to actually be considering working.

With all 4 mods, I think it'd work this time around.

shanus

Smash Hero
They were good content ideas. there just wasnt enough content going around for the ideas to actually be considering working.

With all 4 mods, I think it'd work this time around.
You act like BBrawl will even want to participate :p

NNID
Budget_Player
I gave Bio the ability to do DB backups. I hope you guys don't need too much more than that from me; my internet comes back on Wednesday and until then I'm kinda useless. No internet cafes, libraries, or anything with open internet. :(

Top Bottom