• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
is there any kind of COMPLETE iso uploaded by somebody recently? I mean one which includes the new textures and stages. I do not care about songs really.

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I really like that Falco, Rocky. Any chance for a link?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Beautiful man, we're using this texture next time you come over.
Hahahaha yeah the chandragon i made for my friend cuz his last name is chandra, and they used to call him chandragon. The falcon is pretty self explanatory. Im trying to make a spiderman falcon atm. Its going to be hard bro!!

Does anyone know how to get every character in the dolphin emulator>? ug, cant test out secret characters cuz of this

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings

Steelia

Smash Champion
Black City

:\

Been addicted to something called Pokemon Black for the last two-something weeks. First textures since I went on that little Poke-leveling break. Sorry guys.

LuCKy

Smash Master
I finally got it to work!! i had to rename the file MemoryCardA.usa so it would load the new memory card instead of the old one. Thanks guys!!! =D

Here is what i got so far. Ima change it a lil more. Obviously there are little things that could be improved. Its hard to get the character to look like you wanted =(

not gonna lie . . . . this is freakin BADASS. although i absolutely love spiderman, other heros like flash or green lantern wouldve been wayyyyy easier lol maybe even a few x-men .

very nice though. cant wait to play it

how about trying a black suit spiderman? might be easier and will probably look way more badass

although that could just be me and my love for black spiderman loool

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys, I need to talk to you about one thing. My girlfriend as told (almost swear) she would seriously play Melee if I could have Pikachu looking like Stitch. (i dunno if that's it's name in English though)

Anyway, here's a picture of this thing xD

Well, I know it's pretty ugly.

Anyway, it would be so fun ****** her (also? *erm*) in Melee, so if you feel like it, plz help me doing this ****.

Thanks all.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I think Pichu would be easier to costumize into Stitch...

BTW anyone know where can I find M&SG's textures? the Mediafire link is sort of dead, and I just wanted the IC's Plusle and Minum (Found it!)

MS&G's Mediafire folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?116wujm2sn12p since the one at the OP is broken/outdated I guess.

crush

Smash Master
Sorry if this is wrong thread but I tried to replace my green falcon with green ranger in gc tool and it wouldn't let me because I can't replace a smaller file with a bigger one. What do I do?

:phone:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I believe this is the answer to your problem

11.) A message box should pop up, saying “Do you also want to change the old filesize to the new one in TOC? (You know hat you are doing, don’t you?)”. Click “NO”.
~~Rinse and repeat steps 9 - 11 for any individual characters you may have gotten.~~
12.) Exit GC-Tool.[/I]

Rykard

Smash Ace
i think he's saying that you did that to begin with, changing the file size so that that the one you want to insert is actually seen as bigger than the current one, even though it fits the parameters of the original falcon color.

In order to fix this, you need to extract the ISO using the GC tool or GC Rebuilder (not sure which) and then manually replace the falcon file in the folder that the ISO extracts everything into. Then you need to use GC rebuilder to rebuild the ISO and it should work just fine. It's similar to the method used to fit larger songs on stages

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
man i've been mega inactive. not having the ability to emulate on dolphin = feels hard man

NU13E

Smash Rookie
Has anyone heard or seen of nube lately?
I need that colour change guide.
Heard he's been working on some underground stuff lately.
And does anyone know if he still goes to tourneys?
I sparred friendlies with him once at a local tourney like a year ago and that is the only time I've met him irl.

Edit: Actually, I might be able to contact him if I phone a couple of friends up, doubtful though.
Is anyone really texture hacking anymore because these threads sort of been looking mad thin lately.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Is anyone really texture hacking anymore because these threads sort of been looking mad thin lately.
Ive been thinking the same thing.
I started playing around with textures about 4 months ago and theres been like less than 10 new textures since :(

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
Ive been thinking the same thing.
I started playing around with textures about 4 months ago and theres been like less than 10 new textures since :(
I think it slowed to a near stop because of the school year. the semester is nearly over so it might pick up again. I plan to finish and release some things within the month.

NU13E
NU B E

curious?

Top Bottom