• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
whats up with your comp sleepyk?

ironically, I just built a new pc that can emulate pretty much any gc game in 1080p no prob
:DD

NU13E

Smash Rookie
I think it slowed to a near stop because of the school year. the semester is nearly over so it might pick up again. I plan to finish and release some things within the month.

NU13E
NU B E

curious?
awesome possum man
there is no relation whatsoever between my name and the infamousssss nube
although I might know a little something about his status =D
He is around but never logs on his account
he feels bad for not posting the guide...

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know where to download the blue fox in the first two clips in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FywuTRTH_E

and the download for the pink falco in the second match of this video? (this isn't the one on the first page, its different)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPSFzc_XYPw&feature=channel_video_title
falco idk

the fox is mine : )

I added the hat using Tcll's vertexing guide but its really not that pretty. when vetexing melee gets closer to the brawl box or once we can add vertexes i'll be able to make it look right. If milun continued his guide on vertexing that would be great too. maybe at some point i could even import red pikachu's hat on to fox that would be cool. the iconic red hat really pulls it together so i might as well just release this cruddy version for now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P3K3DSWG

p.s. i'd also like to change the type of material that the hat and the boots are made of from that shiny metallic look to a mat fabric look. i'm sure there is a simple value to be changed in the vertex data or something but i don't know where to look. i think i've changed that type of thing before by accident once but i really have no clue as to what to do. also i was trying to see what values give polygons the same properties as marths cape or puff's bandana but once again i have no idea what the H i'm even doing/ looking at.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Sup guys, is this a valid place for texture requests?

See those two? I want the goomba removed, and the koopa retextured.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3uftg4mocwmd77

I want to make the koopa red. In the above rar, I have included the two original koopa textures (tga), the two new red koopa textures, and the goomba texture. I just need somebody to convert/inject the koopa textures, somehow remove the goomba (or reskin to make it invisible), and upload the stage file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
has anyone made a troll face randall (yoshis story cloud)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12650996&postcount=60

yes but i havent't uploaded it cause i still want to tweak it/ never actually planned to upload it. the cloud is actually made up of three different alternating pictures should i make him change his face on one of those pictures or maybe sway his head back and forth?

i'll upload it some other day maybe i just finished the semester so i have extra time

at any rate you really don't wanna change Charles. playing on this you'd have even more trouble knowing where the actual collisions are. maybe i should make it way off just to troll :troll:

i am on a role today

crush

Smash Master

yes but i havent't uploaded it cause i still want to tweak it/ never actually planned to upload it. the cloud is actually made up of three different alternating pictures should i make him change his face on one of those pictures or maybe sway his head back and forth?

i'll upload it some other day maybe i just finished the semester so i have extra time

at any rate you really don't wanna change Charles. playing on this you'd have even more trouble knowing where the actual collisions are. maybe i should make it way off just to troll :troll:

i am on a role today
im begging you to release it my life cant be complete without it ill give you a dollar at zenith or anything you want please just release it sometime

LuCKy

Smash Master
thank man !! ill be getting that marth right now but last i tried the assault falco didnt work :[

-edit anyone still doing character textures? i really want a new fox x[ nothing special just some recoloring. someone with some spare time and know how plz help? <3

crush

Smash Master
thank man !! ill be getting that marth right now but last i tried the assault falco didnt work :[

-edit anyone still doing character textures? i really want a new fox x[ nothing special just some recoloring. someone with some spare time and know how plz help? <3
i recommend the green army fox on the first page if you dont already have it i really like it

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

i am on a role today
omg please release it

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
yea i seen it lol im not sure it looks kinda funky
it takes a while to get used to...
i didnt really like it at first, but i probably use it more than any other fox texture now

also: i have the red assault falco on my computer, but i dont have a megaupload account or whatever so if nobody puts it up i can gladly email it to you...

LuCKy

Smash Master
i probably would use it but i have a pretty cool color combo going on in my head for green. so hopefully i can get my friend to recolor it for me.

as for the assault falco. dont worry about it, thanks a lot though. im going to assume the assault falco is red and my friend absolutely loves goku falco. with him being the only one that plays falco . . . his choice matters most lol

-edit dekunut -

i just realized a hand full of the textres on my wii are your work. you have some amazing taste LOL i never knew you could get colored lasers as a .dat file though O: would you have any for fox? playing nothing but spacies at my house ive allllllways wanted these.

LuCKy

Smash Master
wow thats one amazing pack you got going there

supper appreciate the GW colors / fox lasers! you **** bro lol

also where the hell was i for white ranger falcon? WTF?!?!?!

either way RAPEEEEE all i need is a new green fox and i may have my own personal perfect melee lol

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
@ Lucky

thanks i'm glad you like some of my stuff. what color combination were you thinking for the green fox? i started this a long while ago but never figured out what exactly to do with his clothes/boots/helmet.
its supposed to look like twilight princess wolf-link

he currently has a green jacket not black

i could also make something else if you have it in mind

Also i will do the troll cloud soon lol

LuCKy

Smash Master
whoa that looks pretty good. im surprised at how much the lil design on his head makes him actually look like the wolf from TP lol good stuff man, but could you post up a full pic of the green jacket version?

for my fox though

i was thinking a darker green jacket

white shirt/pants

his fur would be white (lighter parts) and light grey (darker parts)

his scarf white as well.

boots and gloves would probably look fine how they are.

and well yea thats basically the fox ive been picturing for a long time lol

oh and im sure a lot of people like the black and white silent wolf fox. someone should try making it with a black jacket and white body suit so the colors are switched. id imagine that looking amazing lol or otto if you read this then you should make it :]

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
how is this? Tell me anything you might want changed. Not entirely sure if i got the fur right

the inner part of his jacket is still orange btw which is easy to change

and this is the current version of the other one. i don't really know what to do with his headgear and boots, i tried to put the twili symbols on them but haven't gotten that right. I've had this sitting on my computer for too long any suggestions, anyone?

LuCKy

Smash Master
jesus deku. you almost made me not want my fox LOOOOOL that TP one is amazing

but that first one is AMAZING!! cant wait to play it. only thing is i messed up on explaining was his boots. i meant his neutral colored boots. like *grey or white probably* that was my mistake on not being specific. also maybe make the green a lil darker? like something close to falcos green jacket? i mean the jacket really dosnt matter but if you have the spare time itd be greatly appreciated and i doubt id ever notice the orange in his jacket but if you could make it navy thatd be awesome <3

everything else looks amazing though :]
thanks a lot man !

-edit does anyone have a save file with melee for dolphin? and know how to work it? i never did that for some reason lol

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman

their jackets are closer to the same color on gimp but in game fox's has a reflection property while falco's doesn't, so they look a bit different. i also gave it a slight yellowish tint to match Falco's but i can just make it darker green instead. this is your texture its not that difficult to tweak if you want

for a save file go to gamfaqs there is a "saves" section download and put in folder

Dolphin---->User----->GC

LuCKy

Smash Master
DUDE!! that fox is amazing!!!!with this ill finally have a complete melee lol wont have to make a nother disc for a long while :D

you **** deku<3

and yeaaaa i tried a bunch of stuff lastight to get a save file to work and now my dolphin wont even play my iso LOOOOL so hopefully the iso still burns since i really didnt do anything to it. thanks though

LuCKy

Smash Master
oh yea i made that lol ummmm lemme upload it for you

-edit wait i didnt make that but im pretty sure i got it either way. its one of those 14 min songs though

LuCKy

Smash Master
oh man thanks again!! my melee is finally finished thanks to you :D

never been so happy with a melee disc lol

i owe ya man!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Dear anyone who knows anything about texture hacking:

I'm having trouble finding the location of a texture inside the stage dat file. The texture has transparency (it's the Goomba from MKI) and after converting it to a tpl using CI4 as the type and RGB5A3 as the pallet type, I've been unable to find the original texture within the stage dat (GrI1) using a simple ctrl+f search in Hex Workshop. I should also note that the dumped tga from dolphin didn't seem to have anything indexed when I opened it in photoshop.

Can anyone help meh?

Top Bottom