• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED:Edmonton Brawlers (Tourney Info Within)

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
I think that this tourney will be strictly brawl, but I guess there is no problem for those who want to play melee during friendlies or after the tourney is finished.

Invite the guy who was "hosting" a tourney. I must have missed that thread.

Fyi you.three hosted melee a year ago if any of you are iffy about attending.

1337i

Smash Cadet
Hello... I am the 'other host' guy... the one with the bad idea for FFA... D=
It was just an idea me and my friend was talking about, and it worked in the last tourny they held there, so I thought it was a good idea. Give a guy a break, it's my first one q___q.
I'm sorry that FFA offended all of you so much OTL <---- (bowing person if you can't see it >_>)

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
No worries, at least you tried to get something started.

You and your friend should come to this tourny.
It's going to be fun.
_____

I will confirm the missing details on Thursday.
This week is pretty hectic for me since I have finals....

So keep your eyes on this thread for Updates.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Hello... I am the 'other host' guy... the one with the bad idea for FFA... D=
It was just an idea me and my friend was talking about, and it worked in the last tourny they held there, so I thought it was a good idea. Give a guy a break, it's my first one q___q.
I'm sorry that FFA offended all of you so much OTL <---- (bowing person if you can't see it >_>)
You should come to this tourney instead, it should be a lot of fun.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Glad Alberta is getting their Brawl **** together. Keep hosting these so your community can get decent and active. No slacking, work your *** off or it'll fade. No johns!

I enjoyed the youthree tournament
Hey *****!

Fort Sask vs Okanagan Crew MM in September in Edmonton could be at one of these tournament things... (if they're still going on, WHICH THEY BETTER BE)

That could work right? Cause Fort Sask WOULD go to an actual tourney, right?
That way we could PROBABLY find decent housing and we wouldn't have to go all the way to Fortziez.

****ing **** your faces there too.

btw, MM in all 3 games at TS3, but I get bonus in 64 somehow

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to come to the next one, if these become regular. It would be cool if the Sask and Alberta Brawl scenes could become a lot more prominent. EC is like a year ahead of us in that game.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'll definitely have to keep this in mind. Hope I can make it :)

JB-Fudge

Smash Rookie
An Edmonton thread!? This is awesome, I always thought that Alberta was like, the "smashless" province in Canada, I never hear any news about Smash Bros., other than the small tourneys at Animethon...

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Red Deer hosted CAST4 in November, which was one of the biggest tournaments in Canada last year.

Ecks13

Smash Rookie
I'll get all the information up on the site soon. So we can get a attendees list going, pot size, and all that.
I've got to look for official Brawl rules too; stage lists, illegal stuff, etc. If anyone has it...link?

Here's the site:
http://www.youthree.net (click Smash Tournament off on the right side.)

As for the other tourney, we can easily move our date for this tourney but the thing is May is grad month and June is exam month and that's pretty much the biggest concern we have when choosing dates. May 15? Its part of the long weekend so its a lets-leave-edmonton weekend. Then like 20 grads for the next two weekends. We want as big a turn out as possible so if anyone has input, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Is Phill gonna be there? Cause I know he knows you guys.

Also this is on the friday right? So can't the other tournament also be hosted with no problems?

Ecks13

Smash Rookie
Phil Lee? I haven't seen that guy since high school. I have him on FB though so I can probably give him a shout if you really want him there. There's also an event on FB if anyone's wondering.

I thought the 1337i's tourney was on the 8th as well? If not, that I guess there is no problem.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hey! The one's who play aren't too bad. No worse than BC I bet ;).
We'll see about that when Dan gets ***** here in May :p

BOOM! There goes goes all hope for Fort Sask MUHHAHAHAHA
<3 wubz

An Edmonton thread!? This is awesome, I always thought that Alberta was like, the "smashless" province in Canada, I never hear any news about Smash Bros., other than the small tourneys at Animethon...
lol wtf? Brawless yeah, but you have the SECOND BEST SUPER SMASH BROS 64 PLAYER IN THE WORLD and a great melee community.

Glad you found the smash sceen, bout time ;)
<3 wubz

Red Deer hosted CAST4 in November, which was one of the biggest tournaments in Canada last year.
This ^^^
CAST4 was awesome
wubz <3333333

Oh, and CAST3.5 was great too, for those who were there <3

Grand Lethal

Smash Cadet
I'll get all the information up on the site soon. So we can get a attendees list going, pot size, and all that.
I've got to look for official Brawl rules too; stage lists, illegal stuff, etc. If anyone has it...link?

Here's the site:

As for the other tourney, we can easily move our date for this tourney but the thing is May is grad month and June is exam month and that's pretty much the biggest concern we have when choosing dates. May 15? Its part of the long weekend so its a lets-leave-edmonton weekend. Then like 20 grads for the next two weekends. We want as big a turn out as possible so if anyone has input, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the update Ecks.
I think the date will stay as is though.

So just to update with what you told me:
Friday, May 8
10005 80 Ave
Doors open at 5:00pm
$10 Venue Fee (Includes food Coupon)
$10 Singles Entry
$10 Doubles ($5+$5)
Pot 60/30/10
We will have BRAWL and MELEE (TIME PERMITTING)

The registration:
Hopefully the site will be updated.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well I saw some brawl vids of you vs Dan from last SFU, and unless you got way better... Not so worried about that ;). MM? :p.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Hey James when you come here you're totally gonna get a beating from me =P

We'll finish the unfinished! LOL

GG's

Oh and I'm ******* to this yo

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well I saw some brawl vids of you vs Dan from last SFU, and unless you got way better... Not so worried about that ;). MM? :p.
Haha, MM for sure. That was my first time playing Brawl since October (the tourney was in Jan) aside from 3 matches I had actually against Dan at CAST4 which we both sucked Barlws at anyway. But yeah, I'm back in form. Don't worry about that. ;D

looks like I'm coming to this tournament which happens to be right on my birthday, nice
Happy early bday superdan!

Hey James when you come here you're totally gonna get a beating from me =P

We'll finish the unfinished! LOL

GG's

Oh and I'm ******* to this yo
Oh yeah? Well come to TS3 or I'll see you at Genesis or when I come there in September. Be glad to dominate your face again jacklock. Get pwned, nub! :p

GGs

Wubz

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Is Phill gonna be there? Cause I know he knows you guys.

Also this is on the friday right? So can't the other tournament also be hosted with no problems?
I haven't spoken to Phil in a few months but last time I begged him to come a tournament, he kept saying no because he stopped playing it lol. I could still beg him more over Facebook though.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Brawl and I don't really play Melee and stuff lol
What? Fine, I'll **** you so hard in Brawl that you'll be sent into the past and you'll have to play 64 and melee again.

lulz. That doesn't answer my question about where stuff usually happens :s
I feel like a sore thumb, most of you know each other on a first name basis, I hope I can get to know you guys too :bee:
NO JOHNS

I don't know where stuff happens, Alberta sucks compared to BC anyway (wubz) buy yeah, you'll get to know us. You can call me smarties or dynie or bamesy or some **** like that.

Imma call you JBF

lulzlulz

NO JOHNS JBF

Top Bottom