• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

trademark0013

Smash Champion
So I'm pretty much confirmed for Impulse and I am picking up San in Rochester. Who else wants to go? I can take anyone from upstate but you have to meet me in either Ithaca or Rochester. I'm not driving to Syracuse.
if i can get my enhanced license in the next week or so, i'm down. and u kno syracuse is otw to rochester right? it is right?
gimme some info on the process and ill look over it and get back to you when im back on the East coast.
www.upgradeupstate.org

a nub

Smash Ace
Nintendo's conference was pretty garbs too

"Sup guys buy a new console for games you can already play on other consoles/pc but it's a brand new experience cuz you can play on a ****ty tablet"

Ms was was pretty **** too though and idc about sony cuz I don't have a ps3 so **** this e3

:phone:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nintendo witheld too many 3rd parties from announcing their games. P-100, Game & Wario, Activision not allowed to talk about their WiiU titles, etc. I believe they'll actually have a pretty solid lineup. The news of allowing 2 Wii pads per console also made me glad. They really just showed too many tech demos and ports, but I am interested in the potential it has for future games. They just didn't meet the potential yet (not like I expected them to, especially 3rd parties, any time soon. Rayman definitely looks the closest, though).

There just weren't any surprises. NSMB is nice, but I notice that many gamers are pretty negative to the series. Pikmin I'm excited about. I'm more interested in 3DS though tbqh, although I doubt we'll hear any new announcements.

For me:

MS: Didn't watch
EA: 4/10
Sony: 4/10
Nintendo: 5/10
Ubisoft: 8/10

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Nintendo is such trash now lol. Today they pretty much unveiled Pikmin 3 and then like 5 or 6 Mario games. They need to bring back Star Fox and F-Zero (and not outsource them to other developers), make a huge Pokemon MMO, and convince 3rd parties to make legit games for their consoles instead of dumbed down spinoffs or ports with gimmick controls. The latter is really the most important though. Most 3rd party content on the Wii was garbage compared to what was on the 360 and PS3.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
I would like to see new (good) starfox, metroid, kirby games.

...specifically kirby's tilt n tumble. It was on the GBC. Why the **** isn't it at least ported to the Wii?

Is it obvious I wanna destroy lots of enemies? i also enjoy(ed) games like diablo2, beat hazard, and hellgate london

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Eh, Starfox has been trash for 10 years. Starfox Assault had some pretty fun offline multi but that's it. Pokemon MMO would suck, MMO is cursed by being WoW clones at the moment, their evolution are halted right now.

A new F-zero would definitely be nice.

Nintendo actually has a decent list, they just decided to not show us anything and waste our time for most of their conference.

WiiU Games I'm interested in from E3:

Project P-100
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros. WiiU
Rayman Legends

Games that look promising, but not sure yet:

Scribblenauts
ZombiU
Wario & Game

Games not mentioned at E3 that are still coming:

New Smash Bros.
Zelda WiiU
Other 3rd Party devs like Activision keeping quiet about their own WiiU offerings, and others way far off like Dragon Quest X.

I don't have high hopes for the third parties, but a few of them are showing a few things off.

This vid got me a little more excited for Project P-100, not for the graphics, but the depth of design and interesting concepts the game has and nice art style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YjceHWgC8

The Last of Us, Watch_Dogs, and the Metal Gear action game got me interested too, but that's about it.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm pretty much only excited for Pikmin 3. New Super Mario Bros is a mess of bad art design, bad music, and mediocre platforming and I wish they would exhaust that series already.

Outside of that, I'm pumped for Beyond and The Last of Us.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
I really think we should all go to impulse as it's only 3 hours away from a lot of us. EDL is not hard to get if no passport.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
There's a lot of things you can get that substitute as passports, and regardless, a passport really is something that everyone should have.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
What nintendude said. If some of you are planning on going to Impulse you should get the substitutes ASAP since they take about 2 weeks to arrive.

:phone:

MetalPat

Smash Ace
DUDU YES! i wanna go so bad but i have to work that weekend. god ****ing damnita;lsdkjf;alkwejf;alwkejf; alekjfaewoifja;elkfja; lsefkmnas ;efklma ef adkljfn

just... ****.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'm not going to be uploading the Utican brawl videos. I've already uploaded two but had them on private. The rest I just really don't feel are worth uploading. My computer hates Dazzle so much, it restarts over half the time when I try and record Brawl. I really hate it, but I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Feel free to check out L-Don vs No_Skillz
and bcb vs Beta

Sorry if I disappointed you guys, but I guess 2 sets are better than nothing. Plus I got Melee up earlier.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Still got 2 spots in my car for Impulse. People coming in my car get FREE HOUSING. This is a national right in our backyard. No excuse not to go.

Also, how about that Melee PR?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
As of now it's just Cornell people (me, San, and Icer), but we have upstate's best for both Melee and Brawl so hopefully we'll both be able to prove ourselves at this event.

Top Bottom