• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use up to 8000+ lines of codes at a time using new Gecko

Sukai

Smash Champion
Impressive.
Now Brawl Plusery can be handled to it's perfect sculpture. Why with proper refining, it'll become so great, people would stop comparing it to Melee so **** much.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly sure though that the "file" he mentioned was referring to the altered gct file itself.
This doesn't make sense though, since the altered file includes the memory location where we are putting the checksum itself.

Anyway I've tried that and all variations.

Sanu

Smash Champion
This doesn't make sense though, since the altered file includes the memory location where we are putting the checksum itself.
This is true... xD. Sorry, I didn't really have time to process the OP and topic... I am working at the moment :laugh:.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
xatm092, is there any way you could upload the .gct file you are using since I can't seen to get mine to work even though it should be dreadfully easy to make, for whatever reason mine just won't :/

xatm092

Smash Apprentice

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Are the codes that are setup before the two codes on the OP loaded also? This could be very convinient for people who have their own codes as well as the Plusery codes. The plusery could be in a photo, and your personal codes and the level freezer could be in the .gct file

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That is great. Never would have expected this being the way we solved our problems, but its perfect (even if a little complex) for code leeches. Still a bit complex for the average Joe making their own codesets, but if the plusery picks it up, then I will be one happy guy.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
well apparently GeckoOS 2.0 will support more than 256 lines anyway so most of the Brawlplusery people are patiently waiting for that, but I want a solution in the meantime! :D

ratts

Smash Apprentice
thank you very much, unfortunately when I tried to load that .gct file in my codes folder, GeckoOS stalled, it wouldn't even load brawl, which is a step backwards :/ now I'm REALLY confused, I also see you are using brawl+ tweaker, I didn't know of that program's existence and had just been using code manager, perhaps that was my problem? I still don't get how to solve it.

I also don't see how that works because doesn't brawl+ tweaker have prediscovered codes in it, so it wouldn't have the new code that Y.S. just put up that makes this new thing possible.

Thanks again for your help, it seemed complicated to make your own but it seemed like it would be simple to load the one's he's already done but I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get the EX Brawl one working (because it has the altered CSS which is easy to spot as a difference)

you said you got one of his to work before right? You said you had it working? so you were using one of his 3 screenshots and this .gct that you just showed?

That is so odd because I am using one of the 3 screenshots he posted and the gct you just put up and it just freezes at the gecko loading part.

Revven

FrankerZ
thank you very much, unfortunately when I tried to load that .gct file in my codes folder, GeckoOS stalled, it wouldn't even load brawl, which is a step backwards :/ now I'm REALLY confused, I also see you are using brawl+ tweaker, I didn't know of that program's existence and had just been using code manager, perhaps that was my problem? I still don't get how to solve it.

I also don't see how that works because doesn't brawl+ tweaker have prediscovered codes in it, so it wouldn't have the new code that Y.S. just put up that makes this new thing possible.

Thanks again for your help, it seemed complicated to make your own but it seemed like it would be simple to load the one's he's already done but I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get the EX Brawl one working (because it has the altered CSS which is easy to spot as a difference)

you said you got one of his to work before right? You said you had it working? so you were using one of his 3 screenshots and this .gct that you just showed?

That is so odd because I am using one of the 3 screenshots he posted and the gct you just put up and it just freezes at the gecko loading part.
You're doing it wrong. You only need one screenshot from the ones he had you download and you need to make a .gct of the three codes in the OP in order to make the screenshot work as it is supposed to. The reason Gecko OS is stalling is because you're going over the line limit, which is not how this whole thing works, it requires you to use the three codes in the OP as a .gct file + one of the snapshots and to view it in Brawl which will thusly load the codes.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
OH, I misunderstood the .gct file you wanted.

Try this one (for US Brawl)

http://rapidshare.com/files/211197310/RSBE01.gct

Put that in your codes folder on your SD card, and the screenshot in the appropriate folder as well.

Then use GeckoOS launch the game, go to vault, album, SD, and open the photo. Then go play.

By the way, with Brawl Tweaker you just create .b+ files with custom codes and they automatically get added to the user interface.
<3 ShortFuse

ratts

Smash Apprentice
@Falco400

I do understand that, I only have the one screenshot, and the gct file I was using was of the 2 codes in the OP (where do you get the third one? all I saw was this

NTSC-USA
Load .gct file from Snapshot v1 [Y.S, Phantom Wings] (9 lines)
C20C7348 00000009
80A40008 3CC000D0
60C6C0DE 80E50000
7C063800 40820028
80E40004 3CC0817D
60C60000 81050000
91060000 38C60004
38A50004 34E7FFFC
41A1FFEC 83A40004
60000000 00000000

and this

All Versions
Execute codes loaded from Snapshot v1 [Y.S.] (5 lines)
217D0000 00D0C0DE
217D0004 00D0C0DE
04001848 817D0008
64000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000

where are you getting the third one from?

anyways I already tried doing it myself and it didn't work, and then I tried xatm092's which also didn't work but stalled gecko.

I see now that maybe I misunderstood what he put up, what I was trying previously was just the two codes I put in this post, where is the third?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
You're doing it wrong. You only need one screenshot from the ones he had you download and you need to make a .gct of the three codes in the OP in order to make the screenshot work as it is supposed to. The reason Gecko OS is stalling is because you're going over the line limit, which is not how this whole thing works, it requires you to use the three codes in the OP as a .gct file + one of the snapshots and to view it in Brawl which will thusly load the codes.
have you gotten this to work yet Falco?

ratts

Smash Apprentice
There is no third, that should work. Try the link in my previous post.
AWESOME, ok so I'm not crazy! phew, I had that right, so now it's working just fine, thanks, so I KNOW I have the .gct file working, funny enough, it still freezes when I go to the vault to view the snapshot, but I figure that just means my snapshot is corrupted, and I either have to redownload and/or make my own.

Thank you VERY VERY much for your help!!

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
funny enough, it still freezes when I go to the vault to view the snapshot, but I figure that just means my snapshot is corrupted!
this should not happen even if the snapshot is corrupted.

Sounds to me (I could be wrong) like the .gct file is still not working.

Are you using my one, or one you compiled yourself?

ratts

Smash Apprentice
this should not happen even if the snapshot is corrupted.

Sounds to me (I could be wrong) like the .gct file is still not working.

Are you using my one, or one you compiled yourself?
I am using the very last one you uploaded.

It boots into the game just fine, I go to the vault, and then the snapshots area, I can cycle through my snapshots, and when I select the garbage one it freezes.

I also tried it when it was the ONLY snapshop in the folder and nothing changed, when I clicked on it, the game simply froze, I wondered if it was just taking awhile to load but I waited a long time and nothing loaded. It was pretty clear that it just froze.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
absolutely, I downloaded the zip he put up with the US brawlplussery 3.3 snapshot the PAL brawlplussery 3.3 snapshot and the EX Brawl (US) snapshot.

I am just trying to get the EX Brawl (US) to work because it would be the easiest to see that it was working because of their custom Character Selection Screen.

It is called

al_090318_ux00.bin

ratts

Smash Apprentice
oh, well, that explains it all, ****, Thanks again :)

EDIT:

Well that did it and I'm dash dancing away, so now I just need to try to make my own :D

hes EX Brawl must have been PAL I suppose.

well that solves most of the mysteries, I just opened a regular plussery 3.3 gct file in a binary (hex) editor to try to prepare it to be a snapshot file, unfortunately I can't even get past the first step in the original post which is to find the 0x58 value, which I can't find anywhere, sigh. I'm using HexEdit 3.3

At least I got it to WORK now, but my goal was gonna be to add the plussery and the EX sets together for plussery gameplay with texture swaps etc.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Incidentally, I think I messed up my copy of that screenshot while playing with it, and now the 10 download limit has been reached. ratts, could you upload it to rapidshare again? >.<

I have a premium account so once I download it again I can upload it and connect it to my premium account.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I would if I could! apparently between the time you posted it and I went there, 10 invisible people had already grabbed it, all I got was your first gct which didn't work because we misunderstood each other, sorry.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Is it possible to use this on a wii that isn't modded? wouldn't that make it legal to use? Its a hacked snapshot, but its not changing the Wii.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
you don't have to mod anything on your wii, just download the homebrew channel and gecko. :D it's great eh?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You have to load a normal GCT file through gecko with at least the code that let's the Wii recognize data stored as snapshots (if I understand the OP correctly). Sorry, but you still need to soft-mod.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
I assume Bakuryu means a wii which hasn't even been softmodded. And no, you still need the codes for GeckoOS that retrieve the .gct from the snapshot.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
oh, well there isn't anything illegal about installing the HBC and Gecko.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Okay guys. I'm home now. I'm work on adding this to Brawl+ Tweaker NOW!

Then after that's done. I'll make what I did for Brawl+ Tweaker useless by making a new GeckoOS that makes your GCT file into a bin file and everything will be transparent (just open up the snapshot).

Oh, btw. I need a sample. Rapidshare link is dead

Top Bottom