• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use up to 8000+ lines of codes at a time using new Gecko

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ok i got this working. (The brawl+3.3 sample) I still have no idea how to make my own.

Although i am hear to confirm that this works with other codes loaded in geckos. I have successfully used the snapshot to load brawl+3.3 and play it with other codes loaded in geckos such as the sd codes for custom textures as well as css. I've been playing for about a half hour now with no freezes. It works great! Awesome job guys! Brawl+ with custom textures is finally possible!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Although i am hear to confirm that this works with other codes loaded in geckos. I have successfully used the snapshot to load brawl+3.3 and play it with other codes loaded in geckos such as the sd codes for custom textures as well as css. I've been playing for about a half hour now with no freezes. It works great! Awesome job guys! Brawl+ with custom textures is finally possible!
Perhaps I'm an idiot.. but how can this be the case? The code that you use in the gct that gecko OS reads redirects it to the snapshot for code listing-- as such each and every other code will not work.

Am I wrong?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Perhaps I'm an idiot.. but how can this be the case? The code that you use in the gct that gecko OS reads redirects it to the snapshot for code listing-- as such each and every other code will not work.

Am I wrong?
Umm??? Im guessing? I know i thought the same thing when i read the 1st post but i decided to try it anyway and it works. I'll make a quick vid.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm this and explain how I did it.

I took the EX brawl codes, subtracted a few, and then put the snapshot reader code at the end.

this way it loaded all the EX codes first.

Then when I loaded the brawl+ 3.3 beta snapshot, it gave me all the brawl+ mechanics but still retained the EX character selection screen and character textures.

as a footnote

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I can confirm this and explain how I did it.

I took the EX brawl codes, subtracted a few, and then put the snapshot reader code at the end.

this way it loaded all the EX codes first.

Then when I loaded the brawl+ 3.3 beta snapshot, it gave me all the brawl+ mechanics but still retained the EX character selection screen and character textures.

as a footnote

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
Yea i was about to say this. You have to put the snapshot codes as the last code. Any codes put on after the snapshot code won't work. But any code loaded before the snapshot code will.

Here is a video with brawl+ with custom textures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmOZPWUaRWo

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
5. Calculate the file's checksum using crc32, and replace the value at 0x10 with the result
we're talking about taking the crc32 of the original GCT file, right?

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Short, that's what I've been spending the last forever trying to figure out.

I've even gone as far as to decrypt the example one, and try and get the crc32 that he managed to, with no avail. I can't work out what you're supposed to crc32, and that's why I can't get it to work.

I wish people would listen to me =.=

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Short, that's what I've been spending the last forever trying to figure out.

I've even gone as far as to decrypt the example one, and try and get the crc32 that he managed to, with no avail. I can't work out what you're supposed to crc32, and that's why I can't get it to work.

I wish people would listen to me =.=
well.. i just got here. that's all i'm missing really.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Mh, I think it's an older version of my Crypter.exe.
But anyway.. if this actually seems to work out quite well, I might write a program which could directly convert any gct into a working code-snapshot.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I'm totally confused by this, but hopefully I can figure it out. Either way thanks for all the hardwork on this stuff.
Just wait for the new tweaker. It will be a lot easier.

Although as of now i have everything i want with brawl+ custom textures replays with tags css and unrestricted camera. Only thing that is left is to find a way to load custom music on a retail disk.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
read http://code.google.com/p/vgce/wiki/smashContent
and realize that the in the file header has unnecessary values that through off your values (including his Wii System, which is a no-no since Nintendo can use it to ban you from WFC)
I'd actually taken all that into account, it is simply this part that confuses me:

Calculate the file's checksum using crc32 from position 0x00 to (current size + 32)

I don't get what the current size is.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'd actually taken all that into account, it is simply this part that confuses me:

Calculate the file's checksum using crc32 from position 0x00 to (current size + 32)

I don't get what the current size is.
don't worry about it, i just need to make the Encryption function now. i got the CRC fine
use this header

Code:
00000000 00000000  
00000000 00000000  
DEADBEEF 000100DB 
EEEEEEEE DDDDDDDD
00000000 00000000 
00000000 00000000 
00000000 00000000 
00000000 00000000 
00000000 00000000 
00000000 00000000 
00000000 00000000 
FFFFFFFF

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure that won't only work on a Japanese version of Brawl?

0x14 (1) //Region
0x00 = "***";
0x21 = "USA";
0x44 = "EUR";

I know it doesn't say it's required, but that might be why my code isn't working.

Oh well, I'll try again.

Sounds like it's not worth it though, if you're nearly done with the tweaker (I assume by soon you mean in the next few hours, if not I'll get it working and get up a guide for people that are impatient or want to work on it themselves).

EDIT: err, is dat sum strange wordfilter?

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure that won't only work on a Japanese version of Brawl?

0x14 (1) //Region
0x00 = "***";
0x21 = "USA";
0x44 = "EUR";

I know it doesn't say it's required, but that might be why my code isn't working.

Oh well, I'll try again.

Sounds like it's not worth it though, if you're nearly done with the tweaker (I assume by soon you mean in the next few hours, if not I'll get it working and get up a guide for people that are impatient or want to work on it themselves).

EDIT: err, is dat sum strange wordfilter?
I wanna work on it myself... could you please do the guide? =D

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I know you guys are anxious so I'm going to release it now. I'll put the encryption afterwards. Right now it converts a GCT file in to a BIN file, and then you guys can encrypt it on your own.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I know you guys are anxious so I'm going to release it now. I'll put the encryption afterwards. Right now it converts a GCT file in to a BIN file, and then you guys can encrypt it on your own.
I'll wait for the next step does even more work for me. Thanks again though and I can't wait for the next release.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ok I'll try it out. How would I load Beta 3.4 onto the tweaker. I'll PM you the next beta since we are probably releasing it tomorrow.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Shortfuse I have no clue how to use your system or theirs :p, also
If you run hacked textures through the snapshot hack, are the texture permanent?

Finns7

Smash Ace
Shortfuse how the hell do I encrypt it? Im so lost using your system....I just wanna brawl :p

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Even though it hardly seems necessary, I'm gonna make a quick youtube showing you noobs how to use the new tweaker.

And then when ShortFuse finaly gets around to sharing with the rest of the world how he got it to work, I'll be glad to make a full vid.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Even though it hardly seems necessary, I'm gonna make a quick youtube showing you noobs how to use the new tweaker.

And then when ShortFuse finaly gets around to sharing with the rest of the world how he got it to work, I'll be glad to make a full vid.
Well, expect once I figure out how to do 7ZSS, you'll able to save as it natively (using the Save button) and not have to make a GCT file first

CRAP! double post. mod, merge please

Finns7

Smash Ace
Its just I always struggle with your system..........Why arnt the gavity mods on (under Codes2) isnt there a way that I can play on my beta 4 without adding the values in myself, I dont know olimars sh or w/e. also the GCT => bin thing, what should I open with it

storm92

Smash Ace
Only thing I'm stuck on is the file specifically where I place the .bin file on my SD card?
I got private/wii/app/RSBX/al/
is that all?

Top Bottom