• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use up to 8000+ lines of codes at a time using new Gecko

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I was expecting this to come up. I was surprised the snapshot method came out at all since when you have access to the filesystem and making it load a gct to the memory would have been the first thing i would have tried, but i guess it's a thing of progression. first we remap, then we make our own call functions. i can make a geckoOS hardcoded with the dynamic sd loader gct loader codes so we don't have to deal with incorrectly made RSBE01.GCT files

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Cool. So I suppose this makes the snapshot hack obsolete?

Let me get this straight. Two .gct files, one in "SD Card:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf" and one in "SD Card:\Codes"
The one in codes has dynamic sd loader and sd files
The one in pf has WGC loader and your codes

And WGC is really GCT
And a limit of ~4000 lines? That's what i heard

Is that right?

EDIT: or is WGC loader in the gct in codes?
And does this affect the texture hack in any way?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Let me know where you hardcode "RSBE01" since I would like to be able to change the "01" to "02" or "03" according something in my geckoOS rewrite and say what wgc file to pick

or are you using the RSBE01 value in MEM1 (80000000) ?

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
20bde868 805a8080
285a8584 00ff0000
045a83d0 00000009
045a8408 80570000
025a832c 00410000
065a832b 00000010
52534245 30312e67
0000 00000000
005a8584 00000001
E0000000 80008000

load point
filename

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
20bde868 805a8080
285a8584 00ff0000
045a83d0 00000009
045a8408 80570000
025a832c 00410000
065a832b 00000010
52534245 30312e67
0000 00000000
005a8584 00000001
E0000000 80008000

load point
filename
Am I right to assume that i have 16 character?
meaning RSBE01.gct??????? ^
allows
RSBE01XXXXXX.gct
or
XXXXXXXXXXXX.gct
maximum length of 12 characters in file (not including extension)?

expect GeckoOS with this soon. I've been holding off until things stabilized (with all these new loaders popping up)

GPDP

Smash Ace
holy ****, 4000 lines?

Will this be "elegant" enough for you Brawlplusery folks? lol seriously, with 4000 lines, we'll have all the room we'll ever need.

Almas

Smash Lord
Yes, we will be using this. The end result is essentially identical to what was originally planned with a modified GeckoOS. It is curious to see that a hack inside a game can have so much power.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Am I right to assume that i have 16 character?
meaning RSBE01.gct??????? ^
allows
RSBE01XXXXXX.gct
or
XXXXXXXXXXXX.gct
maximum length of 12 characters in file (not including extension)?

expect GeckoOS with this soon. I've been holding off until things stabilized (with all these new loaders popping up)
I think you can make it as long as you want with in reason, the name is written with a string code.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
holy ****, 4000 lines?

Will this be "elegant" enough for you Brawlplusery folks? lol seriously, with 4000 lines, we'll have all the room we'll ever need.
This was the original intention of my GeckoOS rewrite and why people were hyped up about it.

I was trying to get it to load a gct file into 0x80570000 but what happens is. i was able to read a gct and write to 0x80570000. the problem was that when the game boots the memory is cleared. the code has to execute AFTER the game boots to make sure it's in the memory. I decided to try rewriting the kenobiwii ASM loader to this, which was a headache.

this method uses WiiRD, which runs in the loader, to accomplish this, which is somewhat easier (since you can make special memory management calls). after i saw the sd remapping for the textures, i knew this was bound to happen and i just waited. i stopped working and waited for my USB Gecko but I figured by the time I got my USB Gecko, loading GCT files from SD would have already been done. Snapshot file reading came before my USB Gecko even got here and that's when I fully gave up. PW is far more experienced at ASM than I am. It was a matter of time. I'll do what I can now and fix up GeckoOS to be more Brawl+ orientated.

I think you can make it as long as you want with in reason, the name is written with a string code.
Well, i'll play around with it. I'll make a init.gct file read to the standard 0x800027E8 memory location and modify the 16 characters depending on user selection. there are some good examples of reading the file table so it shouldn't be too difficult.

one i get it working, i'll expand from 16 chars

shanus

Smash Hero
So, using this SD loader technique, Level Freezer stops working. Had everything else working, but I can't seem to get level freezer to load. I'll need to test to see if everything else is a–okay, but the rest of the gameplay seemed correct.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I second that. I tried loading the code through the loader gct, and it still didn't work.

Revven

FrankerZ
So, using this SD loader technique, Level Freezer stops working. Had everything else working, but I can't seem to get level freezer to load. I'll need to test to see if everything else is a–okay, but the rest of the gameplay seemed correct.
Yeahh.... bad news, Handicap = buffering isn't working either with this. I was crouching FF'd aerials on 0 handiap (which would equal 0 buffering) so that means it isn't working, I was also able to instant aerial on 0 buffering which also would not be possible so all it did was just remain the default. Any idea WHY these two things aren't working spunit?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Yeahh.... bad news, Handicap = buffering isn't working either with this. I was crouching FF'd aerials on 0 handiap (which would equal 0 buffering) so that means it isn't working, I was also able to instant aerial on 0 buffering which also would not be possible so all it did was just remain the default. Any idea WHY these two things aren't working spunit?
It could've just been the placebo effect, but I'm pretty sure the buffer = handicap code was working perfectly for me.

Revven

FrankerZ
It could've just been the placebo effect, but I'm pretty sure the buffer = handicap code was working perfectly for me.
It wasn't the "placebo effect", the handicap = buffering code was working perfectly yesterday on the set that shanus had out that day. Today, it doesn't work at least, not like it's supposed to, every level feels like it's 10 frames. =\

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This was my problem yesterday with the snapshot codes earlier yesterday. The level freezer codes did't seem to work correctly even if they are booted in the .gct in the Codes folder or from the snapshot.

So it is a problem that occurred before using a similar method.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
this is about loading the codes through the pf file.

Which codelist do you put the file replacement code in if you want texture hacks on? the one in the pf file or the code that is loaded through homebrew?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
this is about loading the codes through the pf file.

Which codelist do you put the file replacement code in if you want texture hacks on? the one in the pf file or the code that is loaded through homebrew?
pf file sir.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
So if i put the File replacement in the code loaded through homebrew the codes don't work?

and the guide is kind of hard to understand...the new gct? o well.

So its everything on the list loaded through homebrew, and everything else loaded in the pf file under private, blah blah blah, pf, right?

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
ok so

the level freezer code does not work

neither do the codes that effect Luigi's mansion or spear pillar

when I load it this way

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't work at all. are you sure this even works none of the codes are on. someone please explain to me how to do it exactly

Here is what i did.

i saved a file with my codes in it private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf. in it was the file replacer code, so i don't no if that had anything to do with it. Then i made another codelist with only the codes given in the list. i saved it as RSBE01.gct. (which is what i saved the other file as too.) i saved the second codelist in codes. i loaded gecko 0S v. 1.07. it detected the SD codes, but when i went to brawl, no codes were turned on. Someone help.

Revven

FrankerZ
You're supposed to have Dynamic SD Loader, SD Files, GCT loader, and execute GCT in the RSBE01.gct that goes into the codes folder. The GCT in the pf folder needs the latest File Replacement code and everything after that is what you want from there.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
You're supposed to have Dynamic SD Loader, SD Files, GCT loader, and execute GCT in the RSBE01.gct that goes into the codes folder. The GCT in the pf folder needs the latest File Replacement code and everything after that is what you want from there.
Do i need the disable custom stages after V1.3 after the file replacement?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
Has this been tested? cuz it DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!

Step by step what i did. again.

First, i made a file called RSBE01.gct and put it in the codes folder of my SD card. the codes on it were Dynamic SD loader V1.1, SD files, gct loader and execute gcts. i then made a file called RSBE01.gct with first file replacer V1.3 , followed with disable custom stages, with some other random crap. put the file in private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf. i loaded Gecko 0S V 1.07 and it read my codes, then guess what! nothing! what the heck am i doing wrong?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
well if im doing the same thing as everybody else then how come its not working? im gonna go check AGAIN.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
finally. got it to work. i deleted pretty much all of my code data that relates to this topic and copied and pasted again. i also had to rearrange my codelist but i finnally got it. and this will fix my previous problem of the super characters right?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
How do you remove the message on the Code Manager that says "You have more than 256 lines of codes, no saving for you".

It won't let me save the .gct file if it has more than 256 code lines >_>

GPDP

Smash Ace
How do you remove the message on the Code Manager that says "You have more than 256 lines of codes, no saving for you".

It won't let me save the .gct file if it has more than 256 code lines >_>
Use the older version. I dunno where it is, though.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Well, I got the code manager without that line, and proceed to try to play Brawl+ with textures, but the game never loads.

YES, I put the File Replacement code in the first .gct file (Brawl+ codes in the other .gct) because spunit typed down that the File Replacement v 1.3 would work.

So does it work, or not, because it doesn't work for me.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hmm, I got textures to work with both methods (autoload .gct in pf folder and snapshot method), but even with snapshots I sacrifice the use of Level Freezer when I use textures. It's odd but true.

However, another WiiRD code that works with both methods and textures together is Luigi's Mansion Deadlands. @_@

GPDP

Smash Ace
Hmm, I got textures to work with both methods (autoload .gct in pf folder and snapshot method), but even with snapshots I sacrifice the use of Level Freezer when I use textures. It's odd but true.

However, another WiiRD code that works with both methods and textures together is Luigi's Mansion Deadlands. @_@
I actually got the Level Freezer to work alongside textures using snapshots. No such luck with the autoload method, though. In fact, the game won't even load using both the autoload and texture codes for some reason.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody have a problem with Pokémon modifier using the gct loader? I have it set to only legendary but only Suicunes come out.

Top Bottom