• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Random provides you with to neutral stages. Saying your going to mushroomy kingdom provides yes two possible stages, one "ok" stage, and one completely game breaking stage. Choosing random to pick neutral stages makes you think okay what one of my characters does ok at all the neutrals. choosing mushroomy kingdom makes people think. okay do i have a character that is good on 1-1 and wont get decimated on the horrible 1-2.

Overall all Tsuteto, the stage in general is bad. Yes you did beat me by saying if we ban it we have to ban random, but the stage in general is bad, very bad. 1-1 is ok and we could go there and play matches. But 1-2 has many things wrong with it that it should not even be considered.

Like i said we can do "pick till we get 1-1" solution or just not use the stage entirely.

Also, you said you want to MM my bowser? I dont really main Bowser so much as I do DDD but sure. <----look what i did, a pre-game john =D.
See, NOW we're getting somewhere. I don't mind talking about banning something for the stage itself, but really, to me the stage is about the same as Shadow Moses Island. I don't know how everything works in the game compared to how a lot of you all do, but IMO just outright banning it right now is kind of iffy. However, I'm also up to simply allowing the 1-1 stage, but for now, until a general community opinion is formed, it should probably stay as counter pickable.

And I'm good with anyone you want, really. Two MMs, one against my Zelda, one against my Ike? We could possibly do others if we want at the tourney ^^

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You didn't forget about our Bowser vs DeDeDe money match did you now?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Who wants to throw me some gas money. Anyone? A good 80 dollars should last me the whole trip. ;)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Great. Big, mandatory family picnic going down on the 22nd. My attendance to the Awesome known as Metal: Part Won is no longer guaranteed. I'll try to get there for as much as I can, but don't wait for me.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'll still whoop your *** boy.

So...yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm coming to this.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I realize that it is probably to late to get any of the rules changed for this tourny, but I would like to suggest a list of stages that should be banned for the next tourny.*Disclaimer* PLEASE DON'T COMMENT ON THIS LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE WATCHED THE DEDEDEMOCRACY COMBO VID FROM 0:40 TO 1:40! http://youtube.com/watch?v=7J5Aa6oOR9g
In Melee all stages with walk-off-edges were banned simply because ONE, SINGLE CHARACTER was able to drag the other characters to their doom over and over again. Namely, Fox with his wave-shining. Well if you watched the video then you should obviously be able to tell that this is again possible. That chain grab works on all characters, at all percents EXCEPT Shiek and Zelda from what I have tested regardless of DI. So here is the list of ban stages-Luigi's Mansion, Mushroomy Kingdom, Mario Circuit, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Norfair, SpearPillar, Warioware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, 75m, Mario Bros, Flat Zone 2, Pictochat, Electroplankton, Shadow Moses Island, Green Hill Zone, Temple, Yoshi Island(Melee), Corneria, and Big Blue. *Please Note* I also included stages that have walls that he would beable to infa-grab them off of. Thx for reading this long anus post.:) <3

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Sorry, you have more testing to do. I know for a fact that you are wrong, and I have only played the game for a couple of hours total.

Again, read Sirlin's guide. -_-

Junpappy

Smash Lord
There's a complete list of characters the chain grab works on in the DeDeDe forums. Sheik and Zelda are NOT the only characters that it doesn't work on.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
thx very much for clearing that up for me. I don't have the game either so I have had very little time to test this, and my comp has had trouble bring up smash boards which is why i have not posted id a while. Thx for clearing this up for me, and sorry about the incorrect information.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, wouldn't the walls in Shadow Moses eventually break due to the impacts from the throws?

Seriously, we should do a community meeting after the tourney to place in suggestions and what not.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Dedede

I have found that his chaingrab is hard to time because the timing is different for all characters.

Also his grab doesnt break the walls on shadow moses unless you start doing the attack while grabbing. Even then it takes forever to do so its best to take em to 150 then do a down smash after the next down throw for the kill.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
well now, 5 days till the first brawl tourny...well i dunno how its gonna turn out, but i hope its gonna be fun!!

Money matches?? anyone??? :bee:

C!Z

Smash Lord
So that's about the dumbest thread name ever. So I can't decide if I wanna come show you peoples how to play this game or not... Why does Utah's Smash scene hafta blow so much. Xsyvee Poo needs to come show his face

Zerosumajinken

Smash Rookie
I'm coming with FP and a few others. I've been around smash for awhile, but never got really big into it, so I doubt anyone would remember me. haha

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So that's about the dumbest thread name ever. So I can't decide if I wanna come show you peoples how to play this game or not... Why does Utah's Smash scene hafta blow so much. Xsyvee Poo needs to come show his face
Hey, I'm accepting donations. ;)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah, even in that Dedede combo video plenty of people broke out of the chain. I don't think the chain-grabs and wall-infinites are as bad as people seem to think. It's amazing how long some people will let me hold them in Pit's over-B, I swear I could beat 1/2 the people out there by just hold that one move forever...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
ya you can change the some guy to Zero he's a pro smasher from before wave dashing that used to play with you guys.

Gojira

Smash Lord
actualy i think we are getting close to an attendance list of over 25 which is really good. Ans C!Z this is the most amazing name EVER. dont go dissing on METAL, ok you win its ********.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
So I was just wondering why electroplanckton is on the list of neutral stages. It should be counterpick if not banned, and ya the name is lame.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I was just wondering why electroplanckton is on the list of neutral stages. It should be counterpick if not banned, and ya the name is lame.
I gota agree why is it on it should be banned. and on the name ya does kinda suck can we change it?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Electroplankton for counter-pick, don't bother about the name. It's just a name folks.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Just because you can reset your attack damage deterioration is not a reason to ban it. First of all, like Tsuteto said, a lot of other stages have this option, too; so should we banned them all? And second, it just adds a strategy where someone that knows what they are doing can use it to their advantage. And of course, just attacking the stage all the time is dumb, so you would have to know when it's better to attack the stage and when to pursue the opponent, which adds more skilled decisions into the game.
I personally think Hanenbow is a good neutral stage.
Also, if we add a Random Stage list, then each of the counter-pick stage will rarely be used as individuals, meaning we won't have a chance to test out what stages should or shouldn't be banned that often. For this, I suggest that maybe for one or two tournaments, than all non-banned stages should be set for random.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
That is a pretty good idea, PC. Too many people think that the definition of a neutral stage is a "variation of battlefield," when it really doesn't have to be.

Also, stop basing reasons for banning a stage on how much you like playing on it and other completely arbitrary reasons. Nice work on being creative and coming up with BS reasons I've never heard of before, though.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
My reason was legit lol but whatever i like that stage anyway. So i got to the airport at 330 on friday and Phil doesn't get off of work till 1230 that night any chance someone can pick me up so i don't have to spend all day at the airport??

I don't know if you have talked to Gojira yet FTS but he was saying you could probably pick me up if so that would be great.

Top Bottom