• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

wangston

Smash Lord
FTS I recall that some one had the no tripping code on there wii at MA. It might have been Gojira but I'm not for sure. Anyways if it is your wii do you think you could but the wavedashing code in, I think it would be really fun to play around with.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm surprised they haven't made a code yet to make the game play faster.

I can't wait to see how broken Snake is with wavedashing tilts.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
IMO wavedashing could break the game. In that video it shows luigi dodging as he is wavedashing. His dodge lasts almost the entire length of the wavedash. There is also a part where he does two wavedash/dodges right in a row and it looks like he was only vulnerable for a only fraction of a second (barely noticable when I was looking for it) before he could do the next wavedash/dodge. This would totally wipe out the usefulness of any projectile strategy in the game and make some characters completely worthless if I understood the video correctly. I do still want to try it out though.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Oh X and I played brawl with wavedashing.
I like it better! :]] in my own opinion Wavelanding would be the most useful in brawl. Wavedashing doesnt really help anything. <3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Brawl is already broken. Lets use Melee tactics to try and fix Brawl.
That's what I was going to say.

Oh X and I played brawl with wavedashing.
I like it better! :]] in my own opinion Wavelanding would be the most useful in brawl. Wavedashing doesnt really help anything. <3
How does wavedashing not really help anything?

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
its WAY to sensitive. and you cant even slide off anything the momentum just stops at any edges. (platforms,stage) oh and what i really like about it. is you have to be smart on where to use your dodge. cause now edgeguarding exists. except for the auto sweet spot

Minato

穏やかじゃない
its WAY to sensitive. and you cant even slide off anything the momentum just stops at any edges. (platforms,stage) oh and what i really like about it. is you have to be smart on where to use your dodge. cause now edgeguarding exists. except for the auto sweet spot
They really should get rid of that auto sweet spot. I miss legit edge guarding. :ohwell:

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Crea you are so right I mean why try to make brawl a melee 2.0 when we have a perfectly good melee right here with no frigging stupid snake (shake fist at snake)

C!Z

Smash Lord
LOL who is this person??
Dam son that's Ryan, get on that.

Crea you are so right I mean why try to make brawl a melee 2.0 when we have a perfectly good melee right here with no frigging stupid snake (shake fist at snake)
True that, keep on preaching the Melee S@ge!

So why is everyone comin to the tourney that i won't be at =(. Oh well I'll have Jason and Event 52 B!TCHES!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty sure I won't make it for Brawl Doubles or Singles now. FTS, reserve me a spot for Melee though.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
That is a real job. Minato, just request a Saturday off a month, switching between ToF and MA. ...And anything else you think is Saturday off worthy.

Target likes to work me Saturdays, which is the reason I'm not going.
Well, except for that one particular reason that had my mom swearing that I shall not go to another tournament until March, but I'm pretty sure I can find a way around that one. :p I don't want to be alone for that long... *sniffle*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I heard it's very easy to negotiate hours, so I'm requesting Saturday's off. They just haven't put it in the system yet. Some workers are even able to work only one day a week.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Didn't piss her off; I just need to get scholarships so that I can prance off to college without lifting a finger for work. :) So, if I do a bunch of scholarships, I should be good to go to a couple of tournaments before then.

Minato: Wow, I wish Target was like that.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
first off i understand about getting saturdays off, its tough! when i worked at papa johns saturdays were important days!

second off you should all get real jobs

wangston

Smash Lord
Staz, Dryu, Rade, Minato, or Waffle Can would any of you care to do a money match tomorrow? I'm cheap so it will be $1 or maybe $2 if you are feeling lucky. Let me know if you want to we'll do best of 5.

___X___

Smash Lord
and yaz supports gay marrige.

jk yaz i love you.

so i guess ill be going to the MA8! and maybe dai and maybe lada

oh and ill be bring my friend girl also! her name is whitney and she is gonna enter! yayyy

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yay, starting Nov 1st, I'm getting Saturdays off.

Staz, Dryu, Rade, Minato, or Waffle Can would any of you care to do a money match tomorrow? I'm cheap so it will be $1 or maybe $2 if you are feeling lucky. Let me know if you want to we'll do best of 5.
I'll money match you. I'll be at MA 8 around 4:30. Hopefully you'll still be there.

Top Bottom